PDA

View Full Version : Report: 'Fins want QB coach to get to Brady Quinn

BillsFanInPeace
02-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Dont know if this was reported.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

The Dolphins are reportedly interested in hiring Terry Shea as their QBs coach and offensive coordinator because he's tutoring Brady Quinn.

The 'Fins reportedly spent a lot of time scouting Quinn last year and GM Randy Mueller remains intrigued. They might need to trade up to get him, and Shea could provide an idea of Quinn's weaknesses if he's hired. But if Quinn falls past the No. 4 pick, there's also a chance he'll slide to No. 9. Feb. 13 - 8:58 am et

But if Shea gets the job you might know who your 1st rounder might be.

dominizzo
02-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I stilll See The Browns GEtting him

BillsFanInPeace
02-14-2007, 02:00 PM

Really? Over Adrian Peterson..... Hmmm I sure hope so, because that could lead to the Bills getting AP maybe. Which would be awesome because they are putting feelers out there for what McGahee could get them.

Farmer
02-14-2007, 02:01 PM

hopefully theyll take peterson instead

BillsFanInPeace
02-14-2007, 02:05 PM
hopefully theyll take peterson instead

Hmm the more I think about it, I hope they do get Quinn. I would love a shot at AP in a Bills Uni

Finzer
02-14-2007, 02:05 PM
That would be great! I want Cpep to start if he is ready, but Quinn on the side for a year or 2 with his mentor would be incredible.

I would hate to have to trade up, however. Here's hoping he slides to 9.

nick1
02-14-2007, 02:32 PM
he's the question does Quinn start if we draft him? Culpepper is as good as gone in my opinion, he would just have to beat out Lemon for the job and he can do that

djphinfan
02-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Old News,were set at qb,were not drafting brady quinn,,,,sorry guys hate to break the real news,you'all need to accept these scenario's that are likely to happen.

Daunte looks good and healthy,he is going to be our QB for the next 5 to 7 years,,,,be happy, daunte haters,you got no reason to be angry at this man,if anything you should feel grateful,,,yep,grateful

Cleo will be our backup while daunte is healthy and i feel very comfortable with him even if daunte gets hurt.could be a star waiting to happen.

Draft a kid in the fourth,,,,,done...

PhinCanuck
02-14-2007, 02:37 PM
I will not be disappointed if Quinn ends elsewhere, but I would be very excited if he falls to us at 9th. I think he is a great player, and would fit perfectly fine in Miami. Specially now that we have Cameron.

nick1
02-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Old News,were set at qb,were not drafting brady quinn,,,,sorry guys hate to break the real news,you'all need to accept these scenario's that are likely to happen.

Daunte looks good and healthy,he is going to be our QB for the next 5 to 7 years,,,,be happy, daunte haters,you got no reason to be angry at this man,if anything you should feel grateful,,,yep,grateful

Cleo will be our backup while daunte is healthy and i feel very comfortable with him even if daunte gets hurt.could be a star waiting to happen.

:rolleyes2 did you see Daunte play last year? This guy might be physically heathly but mentally he is far from it. and the guy is 30 years old, the odds of him playing 7 more years is slim to none. only Farve can get a team to stick by him that long

Danikus
02-14-2007, 02:43 PM

I don't know if this is more delusional or wishful thinking or a combination of the two.

We don't know how healthy Daunte is. We have no idea how good he will be when he is healthy, however we do know that the 5 or 6 games just prior to his injury and the four games he played here he was TERRIBLE.

Cleo is a backup, always has been always will be.

This team needs to do whatever it can to get Brady Quinn.

PhinGeneral
02-14-2007, 02:56 PM
he's the question does Quinn start if we draft him? Culpepper is as good as gone in my opinion, he would just have to beat out Lemon for the job and he can do that

Why do people think that if we drafted Quinn he would have to start right away?

If we drafted him, I would get rid of Harrington, start Culpepper if he's ready and make Lemon my back-up. Let Quinn hold the clipboard as a 3rd stringer and learn the game for a year or two.

Quinn in his rookie year would probably be little to no better than Duante in one of his worst seasons, so why not let Duante play and prove himself? If he comes back and has a great season or two, you have a bargaining chip you could probably cash in for a nice draft pick or two.

Bruzer
02-14-2007, 03:00 PM

I'm not a daunte hater but if he doesn't work out do you want another struggling year with a free agent waiting for a rookie to develop. Or we draft a qb and groom him under daunte for 3-4 years if daunte does work out then daunte will be gaining age and we got a quarter back to ake over.

MarksBro27
02-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Does anyone think Cameron didn't notice the affected change on Drew Brees once San Diego drafted (or rather, traded for) Philip Rivers?

nick1
02-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Why do people think that if we drafted Quinn he would have to start right away?

If we drafted him, I would get rid of Harrington, start Culpepper if he's ready and make Lemon my back-up. Let Quinn hold the clipboard as a 3rd stringer and learn the game for a year or two.

Quinn in his rookie year would probably be little to no better than Duante in one of his worst seasons, so why not let Duante play and prove himself? If he comes back and has a great season or two, you have a bargaining chip you could probably cash in for a nice draft pick or two.

nobody ever said Quinn has to start right away but I am saying that he would be better than Culpepper right away. he would be our best option at QB since Culpepper is finished (might even be cut) and Lemon is simply just a back-up. nothing is wrong with starting a rookie QB, some of the best have started right away in their careers. Marino, Manning, Elway, etc. and just because a rookie is starting doesn't mean we are tanking the season. Pitt went 15-1 with Big Ben at QB, we have that kind of defense and running game which would enable Quinn to succeed as a rookie

FinAtic8480
02-14-2007, 03:35 PM
This team is apparently sold on Quinn and I think they will do everything in their power to aquire him.....

Vertical Limit
02-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm all for it. Time to draft a real franchise quarterback. Do it.

tay0365
02-14-2007, 03:48 PM

If we are not able to get Quinn in the 1st, we need to get Stanton in the 2nd.....we need a future QB, and as much as I am impressed with how Lemon has looked, he is not our future.

Daunte could go another 5-7 years, but he needs to prove that, and right now all we know about Daunte is, he has had two disappointing years in a row, and only one being because of an injury, and even that is a big maybe if Saban is correct (can't believe I am trusting anything Saban has to say, but there is a chance he could be right).

SR 7
02-14-2007, 04:00 PM
This team is apparently sold on Quinn and I think they will do everything in their power to aquire him.....

aggreed.

Rixon
02-14-2007, 04:02 PM
our problem last year was simple. C-pep just could not grasp the playbook. it was too complex for him. his knee was fine but since he didnt know where his receivers were he held the ball too long and was sacked almost every down. this frustrated our staff so much we had to bench him and basically faked his injury to be worse than it really was. I know the truth hurts but the fins made a big mistake in picking him over the other free agent qb we were trying to get at a rock bottom price. hey you get what you pay for.

DonShula84
02-14-2007, 04:22 PM

Well since you have the inside scoop what reason does anyone have to doubt you?

ASUFinFan
02-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Does anyone think Cameron didn't notice the affected change on Drew Brees once San Diego drafted (or rather, traded for) Philip Rivers?

Thats exactly what I think. That made Brees get out of his comfort zone and realize he needed to step his game up or the younger guy is taking over. Exactly what I think Cpep needs.

ASUFinFan
02-14-2007, 04:24 PM

I hope so, I would love for Quinn to take over this team as soon as he can. with Cams expertise handling Qb's I think we are in great hands.

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 04:31 PM
If we are not able to get Quinn in the 1st, we need to get Stanton in the 2nd.....

Absolutely, I want us to get Quinn, but if not, I then want Stanton...

we need a future QB, and as much as I am impressed with how Lemon has looked, he is not our future.

Your right on here, he is not our future...

Daunte could go another 5-7 years, but he needs to prove that, and right now all we know about Daunte is, he has had two disappointing years in a row, and only one being because of an injury, and even that is a big maybe if Saban is correct (can't believe I am trusting anything Saban has to say, but there is a chance he could be right).

For those fans that simply think we can turn a blind eye to our QB situtation, they are wrong, CPep hasnt shown us anything, and even if he did, we need our own starting franchise QB of the future now...

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 04:34 PM
We need to start rebuilding our franchise for the FUTURE!!!!

Thats why you draft a quality player like Quinn, because he could be the centerpiece to our teams future...We have been needing a quality young QB since Danny left...

I'm tired of everyone elses hand-me-down QB's, I want our own young STUD QB for our teams future, and I want it sooner than later!!!

12MaN
02-14-2007, 04:50 PM

Are you DC's doctor? How do you know he is healthy? where is the link that says so? or is this you assuming things?

IMO if Quinn is there we need to take him. #1 DC can't read defenses if his life depended on it. #2 he does not fit in Camerons system wich requires drives that take up time by throwing short passes instead of bombing it out like DC likes to do. So that statement about DC being the QB for 7 years is very dumb. I'll be surprised if he is still around after next year.

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Are you DC's doctor? How do you know he is healthy? where is the link that says so? or is this you assuming things?

IMO if Quinn is there we need to take him. #1 DC can't read defenses if his life depended on it. #2 he does not fit in Camerons system wich requires drives that take up time by throwing short passes instead of bombing it out like DC likes to do. So that statement about DC being the QB for 7 years is very dumb. I'll be surprised if he is still around after next year.

Exactly, its time for us to accept it, use the opportunity we have...a high draft pick, a new HC, a new offensive style, a young OL (for the most part). Its a time to reload, rebuild, and it starts with a young talented QB that we can groom from the ground up!!!

RoninFin4
02-14-2007, 05:00 PM
I hope so, I would love for Quinn to take over this team as soon as he can. with Cams expertise handling Qb's I think we are in great hands.

Here's to hoping that happens, otherwise this'll be an even bigger smokescreen than when that coach who's somewhere else now has us all thinking Braylon Edwards coming down here. At least we got Ronnie out of that...hopefully Quinn will join him in the backfield.

Phinphanatic13
02-14-2007, 05:06 PM

Great post. Covers the basics: tells everyone else they are wrong, tells everyone else what is up since you apparently know and we don't, and tells us how we should feel. Awesome. All my worries are subsided now. :rolleyes:

DolphinzD
02-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Old News,were set at qb,

We are? That's news to me.

were not drafting brady quinn,,,,sorry guys hate to break the real news,you'all need to accept these scenario's that are likely to happen.

Sweet.....you can predict the future.....what are the next Powerball numbers?

Daunte looks good and healthy,

As good and healthy as he did going into the 2006 season? That worked out well.

he is going to be our QB for the next 5 to 7 years,,,,be happy, daunte haters,you got no reason to be angry at this man,if anything you should feel grateful,,,yep,grateful

I'm not a Daunte hater, but what reason do I have to feel grateful?

Ummmmm, okay. I'm not very comfortable with that.

No thanks. I'd like this organization to draft a quarterback with a high draft pick for once. And I don't count blowing second-rounders on AJ Feeley and Daunte. If Brady Quinn is available when the Dolphins pick and they don't take him, I will lose what little faith I have left in this organization.

finfan75
02-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't know Ryan Leaf's stats from college, but I hope Quinn doesn't turn into Leaf. I do hope we draft a future franchise QB, whether its in the first or second round I don't care.

tay0365
02-14-2007, 05:16 PM
[/b]

For those fans that simply think we can turn a blind eye to our QB situtation, they are wrong, CPep hasnt shown us anything, and even if he did, we need our own starting franchise QB of the future now...

:party: Ding ding ding.....exactly

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 05:19 PM
We are? That's news to me.

Sweet.....you can predict the future.....what are the next Powerball numbers?

As good and healthy as he did going into the 2006 season? That worked out well.

I'm not a Daunte hater, but what reason do I have to feel grateful?

Ummmmm, okay. I'm not very comfortable with that.

No thanks. I'd like this organization to draft a quarterback with a high draft pick for once. And I don't count blowing second-rounders on AJ Feeley and Daunte. If Brady Quinn is available when the Dolphins pick and they don't take him, I will lose what little faith I have left in this organization.

Amazing isnt it, how people can predict the future...How everyone is in denial that at the very least we need a good young QB for the future, even if Daunte comes back strong...He doesnt have that many good years left in the tank, if any?

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 05:22 PM
:party: Ding ding ding.....exactly

Man Tay, I like the way that you think the way that I think. LOL :D

Seriously, there are a few of us at least that realize we need to start fresh in that position, and the time is now with a new HC and Offensive system. Man why cant people see it?

twanderer
02-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Quinn Would Also Want Some Insane Contract. We Would Have A Lot Of Money Invested In The Qb Position

Phinphanatic13
02-14-2007, 05:29 PM

Seriously, there are a few of us at least that realize we need to start fresh in that position, and the time is now with a new HC and Offensive system. Man why cant people see it?

I can see that and your avatar clearly :)

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I can see that and your avatar clearly :)

You know, I think people only agree with me because of my avatar...Sad...:boohoo:

Phinphanatic13
02-14-2007, 05:35 PM
You know, I think people only agree with me because of my avatar...Sad...:boohoo:

Buck up there lil camper, I agree we need a fresh start at QB and your avatar has nothing to do with me agreeing with you. Doesn't hurt though.

fish fan 4 life
02-14-2007, 05:38 PM

Draft a kid in the fourth,,,,,done...Man sounds great but im not willing to bet everything ive got on Culpepper and Lemon.Culpepper really didnt show anybody anything last year and im not sure hes got it anymore.I think if it comes down to Culpepper or Lemon I would rather see Lemon start and see what this kid can do.However im not sold on Quinn either.Its a tuff call.

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Buck up there lil camper, I agree we need a fresh start at QB and your avatar has nothing to do with me agreeing with you. Doesn't hurt though.

Thanks, I was biginning to doubt myself...:cooldude:

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Man sounds great but im not willing to bet everything ive got on Culpepper and Lemon.Culpepper really didnt show anybody anything last year and im not sure hes got it anymore.I think if it comes down to Culpepper or Lemon I would rather see Lemon start and see what this kid can do.However im not sold on Quinn either.Its a tuff call.

I understand where your coming from, you never know what your getting, you are exactly right...But I have confidence in the fact if a youg kid has the physical tools, the mental abitlity, and the right coaching, then he can succeed more times than not in the NFL...Therefore I believe that Quinn can be, because he has those qualities, and we have a good teacher for a coach...

tay0365
02-14-2007, 05:50 PM

It really is pretty simple, get a young QB to groom slowly, give Daunte a chance, if he comes back, and has a great year awesome.....very beneficial to Miami, and in the background we have a Young QB that one day can take over.

If Daunte again falls on his face, you allow Lemon to hopefully take over on a few games, and you speed up the learning process on the young QB, where hopefully if needed, he can come in and be serviceable as he learns.....again Beneficial to the Dolphins.

To these people that want all their eggs in the Daunte is our Franchise QB, I have a question......What do we do if he does not come back to his old self?

tay0365
02-14-2007, 05:57 PM

Nothing wrong with getting popularity through a good avatar. :lol:

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Nothing wrong with getting popularity through a good avatar. :lol:

Yeah, I guess that not too bad of a rap on me!!!

Phinphanatic13
02-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I guess that not too bad of a rap on me!!!

Reflects well on you as a man. Who is she anyway?

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Reflects well on you as a man. Who is she anyway?

I guess I could lie and say that she was my girl...I wish!!! However she does look just like a former girlfriend of mine in the face, they could be twins. I guess I'm holding on to old memories. :tantrum:

She's a model I found on rock103.com, babe of the day girl. Can't remember her name.

Finsfan1984
02-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Just remembered, her name is Tonya.

bgnck13
02-14-2007, 06:35 PM
ok

bgnck13
02-14-2007, 06:37 PM
cool

JBinSD
02-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Hmm the more I think about it, I hope they do get Quinn. I would love a shot at AP in a Bills Uni

Are you giving up on McGahee???

ChambersWI
02-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Are you giving up on McGahee???

most Bills fans do't like Willis' attitude. Every time I hear him in an interview, he basically disses the city of Buffalo. I lived 2 hours away from Buffalo for a couple years, it's not the greatest area to live, but it's not horrible.

Plus, most think he's too one dimensional.

JBinSD
02-14-2007, 07:01 PM
most Bills fans do't like Willis' attitude. Every time I hear him in an interview, he basically disses the city of Buffalo. I lived 2 hours away from Buffalo for a couple years, it's not the greatest area to live, but it's not horrible.

Plus, most think he's too one dimensional.

Oh come now. Say what you will about Willis, but don't say anything positive about the right armpit of the United States.

Aqua and Orange
02-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Sweet! I hope we get Quinn! Can't wait to see us actually develop a QB for the first time since Marino!

PhinFan0202
02-14-2007, 08:30 PM
If we got Quinn i would be happy but i still think we need to give Dante a shot because of what we invested in him. I also think that next years class of QBs is going to be very strong so i think we can also get a good QB next year.

FinAtic8480
02-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Redskins | Team negotiating with Brunell to rework his contract
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:48:19 -0800
Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Redskins QB Mark Brunell (http://www.kffl.com/player/920/nfl)'s agents are working with the team on a reworked contract. Brunell said he expects a resolution to the negotiations in a few weeks.

Hopefully we dont have to worry about them.... Seems like Campbell will start next year with Burnell backing him up.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-15-2007, 12:30 AM
if Plummer goes to the Texans and Carr goes to the Vikings, things would really look up for us

FinAtic8480
02-15-2007, 12:57 AM
It would be better if the Browns snaged Carr,Plummer would hopefully go to the Texans and if the Vikings signed Garcia. I swear if Quinn doesnt fall then i dont know what.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-15-2007, 01:31 AM
It would be better if the Browns snaged Carr,Plummer would hopefully go to the Texans and if the Vikings signed Garcia. I swear if Quinn doesnt fall then i dont know what.

if plummer and Carr move to the right teams I will be happy

I don't think Garcia will go to a losing team

anyways if we really like Quinn then go ahead a trade up

Regan21286
02-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Dont know if this was reported.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

The Dolphins are reportedly interested in hiring Terry Shea as their QBs coach and offensive coordinator because he's tutoring Brady Quinn.

The 'Fins reportedly spent a lot of time scouting Quinn last year and GM Randy Mueller remains intrigued. They might need to trade up to get him, and Shea could provide an idea of Quinn's weaknesses if he's hired. But if Quinn falls past the No. 4 pick, there's also a chance he'll slide to No. 9. Feb. 13 - 8:58 am et

But if Shea gets the job you might know who your 1st rounder might be.

Shea would probably be more of a QB coach than OC. Cam's calling the shots. With Shea's knowledge, Mueller's previous scouting last year, and Cam's preference of a QB who excels at short and medium throws, it's looking more like they're gunning for a shot at Brady Quinn.

nick1
02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Redskins | Team negotiating with Brunell to rework his contract
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:48:19 -0800
Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Redskins QB Mark Brunell (http://www.kffl.com/player/920/nfl)'s agents are working with the team on a reworked contract. Brunell said he expects a resolution to the negotiations in a few weeks.

Hopefully we dont have to worry about them.... Seems like Campbell will start next year with Burnell backing him up.

they will not go QB, that much is a lock. even if Burnell left it doesn't matter because Campbell is their future, he showed it by playing well at the end of last season.

the Texans will get Plummer, they will not go QB. the Vikings drafted a guy in the 2nd round last year. he is their future so they will not draft Quinn. Cleveland needs Adrian Peterson and will not pass him up. Detriot desperately needs OL help so they can't pass on Joe Thomas. Tampa doesn't need QB, they will pick Calvin Johnson anyway. Arizona has Leinart. that leaves us with Quinn. he will fall to us because some doubt his big game ability and his injury held him from the Senior Bowl which dropped his stock a little.

from what I read we love the guy and we might even trade up to prevent any other teams from trading ahead of us such as Carolina. I just hope we don't give up too much if we do trade up

PhinGeneral
02-15-2007, 01:41 PM
nobody ever said Quinn has to start right away but I am saying that he would be better than Culpepper right away. he would be our best option at QB since Culpepper is finished (might even be cut) and Lemon is simply just a back-up. nothing is wrong with starting a rookie QB, some of the best have started right away in their careers. Marino, Manning, Elway, etc. and just because a rookie is starting doesn't mean we are tanking the season. Pitt went 15-1 with Big Ben at QB, we have that kind of defense and running game which would enable Quinn to succeed as a rookie

Getting good QB play out of a rookie is extremely rare. Manning and Elway might've started as rookies, but they weren't very good.

You're assuming he would be better than Culpepper. History shows the likelyhood of that is rather dubious at best.

Regan21286
02-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Getting good QB play out of a rookie is extremely rare. Manning and Elway might've started as rookies, but they weren't very good.

You're assuming he would be better than Culpepper. History shows the likelyhood of that is rather dubious at best.

Perhaps only Marino and Roesthlisberger are the only QB's to be able to do well in rookie season but Leinart, Young, and Cutler aren't doing so bad themselves.

If we do draft Quinn, it may turn out like the Cardinals situation with Warner and Leinart. You start Culpepper in the beginning, playing the Kurt Warner role of a formerly good QB who hasn't shown much since, and then if (when?) he falters or gets injured, sub in Quinn, playing the Matt Leinart role of a physically average but mentally superior QB.

DolfanTom
02-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Perhaps only Marino and Roesthlisberger are the only QB's to be able to do well in rookie season but Leinart, Young, and Cutler aren't doing so bad themselves.

If we do draft Quinn, it may turn out like the Cardinals situation with Warner and Leinart. You start Culpepper in the beginning, playing the Kurt Warner role of a formerly good QB who hasn't shown much since, and then if (when?) he falters or gets injured, sub in Quinn, playing the Matt Leinart role of a physically average but mentally superior QB.If we're lucky enough to get Quinn, this figures to be the scenario that would start the season.

As much as I want Quinn on the team, a side effect would be the effect this would have on 'Pepper's head. He would have to pull a Drew Brees and produce out of the gate w/ the hot rookie behind him. Imagine if he starts off badly? The "Put in Quinn" chants would be deafening!