PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Control -- BioShock Heading to the PS3?

mor911
02-14-2007, 05:30 PM
OPM in the UK is supposed to feature info on BioShock for the PS3 in this March issue. Originally exclusive to Windows Vista and the 360, this would be a tough blow for Microsoft.

Note - This is 100% a RUMOR at this point, there is NO confirmation of this. Not even sure if the screenshot in the link below is legit.

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumor-PS3-Wii-to-get-Bioshock-/pg/49/aid/82875

Phin-o-rama
02-14-2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/bioshock-...s--29782.phtml

[Update: 2K has just confirmed to us that OPM UK is quoting a press release from after E3 that didn't specify on a next-gen platform. In September, 2K announced Xbox 360 and PC exclusivity via a new press release. OPM is referring to the old press release from May, according to 2K. -- Robert Summa]

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-14-2007, 05:37 PM
seems like less and less games are becoming exclusive.

Deus Ex Dolphin
02-14-2007, 07:21 PM
So, it IS exclusive? And why would losing Bioshock be such a blow to MS? It looks interesting, but it's not like Halo 3 showing up on the PS3. :lol:

I agree that only a handful of games will truly be exclusive for the PS3 and 360. Most developers can't afford to lose sales by limiting a game to ONE console. If you think about it though, that is a WIN for MS, compared to the last gen and the Xbox and PS2.

FinsNCanes
02-14-2007, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. You'll just more then likely get a better game on the ps3 due to graphics and being able to add/fix more things by the time it does come to the ps3.

Phin-o-rama
02-14-2007, 11:52 PM
yeah because the ps3's graphics have been better than 360..... :-|

FinsNCanes
02-15-2007, 12:05 AM

You're gonna have to give it a year like the 360..

I know Madden looks better. I will almost guarantee RB6 and GRAW will look better, plenty reviews said they have already, not to mention the ps3 version has a few extra things.

Phinz420
02-15-2007, 12:08 AM

From what I have heard Oblivion for the PS3 could be better than the PC version with mods. But how many developers working on PS3 games will be able to do this? The credit for that work goes to Bethesda, not Sony.

I think it's obvious that PS3 has some great hardware, the question is whether or not they will have the dedicated developers to create the kind of games sony has been hyping up for the past few years.

I still wish both Sony and Microsoft held off longer on this supposed "next-gen". Just look at where the PC market is heading today in terms of technology, its just gross.

Phinz420
02-15-2007, 12:11 AM

That will make a difference for sure. I wasn't impressed at all with the 360's capabilities at launch. They have turned things around big time since then, and from what Ive seen on some of the upcoming PS3 games- they are maturing quickly with time as well.

FinsNCanes
02-15-2007, 12:50 AM
From what I have heard Oblivion for the PS3 could be better than the PC version with mods. But how many developers working on PS3 games will be able to do this? The credit for that work goes to Bethesda, not Sony.

I think it's obvious that PS3 has some great hardware, the question is whether or not they will have the dedicated developers to create the kind of games sony has been hyping up for the past few years.

I still wish both Sony and Microsoft held off longer on this supposed "next-gen". Just look at where the PC market is heading today in terms of technology, its just gross.

The only bad thing, unfortunately..is it almost seems PC games are becoming extinct with the 1 or 2 good games every few months. I remember when I used to go to EB/wherever and see PC games spread across the walls. Now they get a cart. I WISH PC gaming would become what it used to be again. Now most PC gaming is just MMO and your occasional FPS.

Phinz420
02-15-2007, 01:37 AM
The only bad thing, unfortunately..is it almost seems PC games are becoming extinct with the 1 or 2 good games every few months. I remember when I used to go to EB/wherever and see PC games spread across the walls. Now they get a cart. I WISH PC gaming would become what it used to be again. Now most PC gaming is just MMO and your occasional FPS.

Regardless of how many titles there are compared to console releases, the fact is PC gaming will always remain in the forefront. There is always going to be "new and shiny" consoles, but they are surpassed by PC technology nearly immediately. What bothers me about the PS3 and the 360, is that they are using kind of crap technology compared to what is out there now for PCs, and it would have been amazing to see what real next gen consoles could have been about.

Quality titles mean more to me than quantity. Another reason you see less and less of these shelves full of PC gaming is the fact that digital downloads are a massive business for the PC gaming world. I cant even count how many games I have bought online myself, through various avenues like Steam & Direct2Drive.

Microsoft is also going to insure that PC gaming remains at the front, because they intend to bring many major 360 hits over to the PC, pushing their whole "games for windows" Vista approach. I dont see coming to fruition for quite some time though, but dont feel bad about the PC. MMO, FPS, and RTS games only feel right on the PC, and the online experience in PC games is still unmatched by a large margin.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 09:43 AM

I know Madden looks better. I will almost guarantee RB6 and GRAW will look better, plenty reviews said they have already, not to mention the ps3 version has a few extra things.

links or shenanigans....everything i've read is quite the obvious...which is hilarious because of the awesome power of the ps3 :sidelol:

give it a year? so basically....2 years from when the 360 came out is when we can look at games and say oh yeah ps3 looks a little better?

360 launch games looked better than the same games that ps3 launched with....and a year later to boot....

at this point and time sony and their fans have nothing to stand on....wii dominated ye...and 360 outperforms ye.....if and when ps3 comes around it could be too late :lol:

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 09:47 AM
links or shenanigans....everything i've read is quite the obvious...which is hilarious because of the awesome power of the ps3 :sidelol:

give it a year? so basically....2 years from when the 360 came out is when we can look at games and say oh yeah ps3 looks a little better?

360 launch games looked better than the same games that ps3 launched with....and a year later to boot....

at this point and time sony and their fans have nothing to stand on....wii dominated ye...and 360 outperforms ye.....if and when ps3 comes around it could be too late :lol:
The launch games looked better on 360? Lol, yeah, forgot about that.

So don't give the PS3 time because you're a 360 fanboy, yep.

mor911
02-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Sony vs. Microsoft ROUND 10,000

FIGHT!

:lol:

Motion
02-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Sony vs. Microsoft ROUND 10,000

FIGHT!

:lol:

:jt0323:

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 09:56 AM
:sidelol:
The launch games looked better on 360? Lol, yeah, forgot about that.

dude....i posted **** all over the boards about it....it was so ridiculous that the ps3's launch games liek RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGEE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACER looked WORSE than the 360 launch a year prior....these are facts.

ps3 = paperweight :sidelol:

mor911
02-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Would i be wrong to just remove all of the "console battle" posts. I try not to be some sort of Gaming Forum Nazi... but damn. Every thread is the same arguments over and over.

I guess it's my fault. I created a rumor thread and said it'd be tough blow to Microsoft. Why do these things always get carried away? :lol:

Motion
02-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Would i be wrong to just remove all of the "console battle" posts. I try not to be some sort of Gaming Forum Nazi... but damn. Every thread is the same arguments over and over.

I guess it's my fault. I created a rumor thread and said it'd be tough blow to Microsoft. Why do these things always get carried away? :lol:

It wouldn't do any good to get rid of the battle threads, there wouldn't be much left afterwards. Most threads end up this way anyway. :D

Phin-o-rama

I really am a 'games' fanboy....and I read alot online, about games....i play pc games and built my own machine....the 360 is the best next gen console out there...without a doubt....in 2 years when the ps3 gets its **** together, i'll buy one. :wink:

Phin-o-rama

nah this is fun mor, i like inflicting buyers remorse on noobs :lol:

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:12 AM

Because Phin-o-rama is an unrelenting fanboy. :dolphins:

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:15 AM
nah this is fun mor, i like inflicting buyers remorse on noobs :lol:
Buyers remorse? Cute.

Playing games like FF12 (albeit for the PS2), Resistance, and Madden online has left me completley satisfied with my purchase.

Hey, Ridge Racer used to be a good game... back on um... the original Playstation. Some launch titles are just fillers. From what I've heard from the few people that actually have that game is that it's pretty fun but hey, what do I know.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 10:19 AM

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:21 AM
:sidelol: ?

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 10:24 AM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/sony_bull****_anim4.gif

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:26 AM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/sony_bull****_anim4.gif
Can't see whatever that is because you suck at inserting URLs and I'm on a school server now anyway. lol

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:27 AM
ANYWAY, it's highly likely we'll see Bioshock on PS3.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 10:28 AM
the stars would have to be filled in with the word left out of this sentence. ...

"Sony, while doing well with the ps2, really screwed up with the ps3...because it is a steaming pile of _____."

lol

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:32 AM
the stars would have to be filled in with the word left out of this sentence. ...

"Sony, while doing well with the ps2, really screwed up with the ps3...because it is a steaming pile of _____."

lol
I should get some kind of medal Mor, I'm going to resist the insatiable urge to argue with him.

Motion
02-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I should get some kind of medal Mor, I'm going to resist the insatiable urge to argue with him.

So then the last 10 posts are what exactly? :goof:

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:38 AM
So then the last 10 posts are what exactly? :goof:
I'm moving on from it :)

mor911
02-15-2007, 10:40 AM
you guys are gonna get me fired.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 10:42 AM
sorry mor :(

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I smacked myself on my hand for you Mor.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 10:43 AM
ANYWAY, it's highly unlikely we'll see Bioshock on PS3.

i agree

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:44 AM
i agree
Stop! lol

you're a terribly good instigator

mor911
02-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I'll be honest with you guys. I've been told to give warning points. I've been told to keep "certain folks" in the gaming forum in order.

I honestly think it's all in good fun. I don't want to ban people, or issue warnings (never banned or warned), or delete posts. But what happens is, things are said. I leave it unchecked because I like you guys... then an admin kicks me in the nuts.

I don't like being kicked in the nuts. :cry:

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 10:45 AM
<3

lol i need to be kept in order

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:47 AM
I'll be honest with you guys. I've been told to give warning points. I've been told to keep "certain folks" in the gaming forum in order.

I honestly think it's all in good fun. I don't want to ban people, or issue warnings (never banned or warned), or delete posts. But what happens is, things are said. I leave it unchecked because I like you guys... then an admin kicks me in the nuts.

What if I rub them afterwards?

ok, that was gay

Motion
02-15-2007, 10:47 AM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:wink:

Scatman
02-15-2007, 10:51 AM

you need to be promoted.
i think some guys take admin power a little toooooo seriously and become that teacher that now one likes. you gotta let people be themselves a little - thats what makes forum fun. I think you gain more respect that way from the people in the forms too - and when you actually tell someone to stop they respect your request and dont feel like your just on a power trip.

keep it up Mor - your the man.

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:52 AM
<3

lol i need to be kept in order
Halfass truce for Mor's sake?:quiet:

mor911
02-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Halfass truce for Mor's sake?:quiet::sidelol: :lol: :sidelol:

Scatman
02-15-2007, 10:53 AM
What if I rub them afterwards?

ok, that was gay

wow, sure was..i joke around a LOT .... but that was, well, just cant actually believe you hit that "submit reply" button after typing that.

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 10:54 AM
wow, sure was..i joke around a LOT .... but that was, well, just cant actually believe you hit that "submit reply" button after typing that.
I had to think about it for a second but hey, whatever :)
it's the internet

Scatman
02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
I had to think about it for a second but hey, whatever :)
it's the internet
and you went for it, hey i guess theres something to be said fo5r that

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-15-2007, 01:20 PM

Why would you? That would be like arguing with a wall

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
funny i feel the same way

side note - PERSONAL ATTACK YOU CALLED ME A WALL!!! lol

FinsNCanes
02-15-2007, 01:31 PM

:confused:

Not really..

What did 360 have at launch that looked amazing? When I compare the launch titles of the two sytems I compare COD2 and Resistance. Guess we'll have to wait till March to make a fair comparison really..

Guess we can't talk about it anymore cause Mor is getting whored be the mods. Anyway..give it time. Nobody can call me fanboy either cause I don't own either of em but I have played both :wink:

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-15-2007, 01:38 PM
funny i feel the same way

side note - PERSONAL ATTACK YOU CALLED ME A WALL!!! lol

It is a simile.

side note - one thing I have never been accused of is being a fanboy.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/300pxChoco_chip_cookie-1.jpg

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-15-2007, 01:46 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Choco_chip_cookie.jpg/300px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

thank you fan boy

I will say this, working at your church is really fun :). Of the few places I have worked, M$ is pretty good.

Megatron
02-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Regardless of how many titles there are compared to console releases, the fact is PC gaming will always remain in the forefront. There is always going to be "new and shiny" consoles, but they are surpassed by PC technology nearly immediately. What bothers me about the PS3 and the 360, is that they are using kind of crap technology compared to what is out there now for PCs, and it would have been amazing to see what real next gen consoles could have been about.

Quality titles mean more to me than quantity. Another reason you see less and less of these shelves full of PC gaming is the fact that digital downloads are a massive business for the PC gaming world. I cant even count how many games I have bought online myself, through various avenues like Steam & Direct2Drive.

Microsoft is also going to insure that PC gaming remains at the front, because they intend to bring many major 360 hits over to the PC, pushing their whole "games for windows" Vista approach. I dont see coming to fruition for quite some time though, but dont feel bad about the PC. MMO, FPS, and RTS games only feel right on the PC, and the online experience in PC games is still unmatched by a large margin. As a former PC only gamer, I bought the PS3 because I was tired of chasing the PC gamer dragon. It seems like every month your computer doesn't cut it anymore and an upgrade is needed. With the console, I know what I'm getting, in theory it should always work, and I can rent a game and try before I buy (not use hacks off torrents). Secondly it frees my computer up for projects while I'm playing. That was my logic anyway.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 01:50 PM
thank you fan boy

I will say this, working at your church is really fun :). Of the few places I have worked, M$ is pretty good.

my church? lol

whatever you say grandma's boy

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-15-2007, 01:55 PM
my church? lol

whatever you say grandma's boy

that doesn't even make sense.

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-15-2007, 01:57 PM
As a former PC only gamer, I bought the PS3 because I was tired of chasing the PC gamer dragon. It seems like every month your computer doesn't cut it anymore and an upgrade is needed. With the console, I know what I'm getting, in theory it should always work, and I can rent a game and try before I buy (not use hacks off torrents). Secondly it frees my computer up for projects while I'm playing. That was my logic anyway.

PC gaming is annoying in that way. Also the amount of bugs they release a game with is annoying as well. They aren't as bad as they used to be like shipping Master of Magic without the ability to cast the spell of mastery

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 02:01 PM
it's a movie, you should definitely see it....it's hilarious

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/photo_03-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/photo_10-1.jpg

FinsNCanes
02-15-2007, 02:02 PM
If they can get a decent working mouse/keyboard hook up for the console I'd probably go get one right now. I can get used to the controllers but it's so much better playing an FPS with a mouse, and if they plan on releasing AoC for the 360 they're gonna need one.

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-15-2007, 02:02 PM
it's a movie, you should definitely see it....it's hilarious

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1155265/photo_03.jpg

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1155265/photo_10.jpg

I do like Nick Swardson

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
he was hilarious in the movie....directed by adam sandler

mor911
02-15-2007, 02:27 PM
omg... i leave for lunch and you kids destroy the house.

You're all grounded!

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
:stooges:

Dolfan5000
02-15-2007, 02:36 PM
:stooges:
It's ALL HIS FALT!!! ^^^

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 02:43 PM
oh sure blame the xbox fanboy and not the sony fanboys :lol:

Motion
02-15-2007, 02:48 PM
oh sure blame the xbox fanboy and not the sony fanboys :lol:

Admitting the problem is the first step. :wink:

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 02:51 PM
fine i won't post here anymore

Motion
02-15-2007, 02:53 PM
fine i won't post here anymore

:sosad:

:wink:

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-15-2007, 02:58 PM
who are the sony fanbois?

FinsNCanes
02-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Nick Swardson..funny dude.

Although is he gay or what? It seems all his acts/skits have him talking..funny.

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Nick Swardson..funny dude.

Although is he gay or what? It seems all his acts/skits have him talking..funny.

his comedy central stand up doesn't seem gay, but he does pull it off really well on reno 911

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.hdgamenews.com/2007/02/xbox-360-slams-playstation-3-again.html

:lurk:

Phinz420
02-15-2007, 04:51 PM
If they can get a decent working mouse/keyboard hook up for the console I'd probably go get one right now. I can get used to the controllers but it's so much better playing an FPS with a mouse, and if they plan on releasing AoC for the 360 they're gonna need one.

Well, the initial mouse & keyboard set up for the 360 sadly was garbage. You will have no problems playing AoC on the 360's controller either, since the game is not going to play like any other MMORPG. The directional attacks work perfectly with a controller.

BTW, it has been announced that there is definitely going to be some "shared" servers between the 360 and PC world of AoC. There will still be servers dedicated for each platform, but the news of shared servers is great.

Phinz420
02-15-2007, 04:56 PM
As a former PC only gamer, I bought the PS3 because I was tired of chasing the PC gamer dragon. It seems like every month your computer doesn't cut it anymore and an upgrade is needed. With the console, I know what I'm getting, in theory it should always work, and I can rent a game and try before I buy (not use hacks off torrents). Secondly it frees my computer up for projects while I'm playing. That was my logic anyway.

I see your point about the annoyance of upgrading so often, but that is the nature of PC gaming like it or not. You just need to know when to upgrade, and when to sit back and wait. For instance, anyone who bought a new PC when the new PCI-Express cards were released, will not have to worry at all about making the next step. Others who are still using older technology, will need to overhaul their entire PC for one of the new cards.

It's all about timing :wink:

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 05:56 PM
http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/11241/EA_360_Will_Dominate.html

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

FinsNCanes
02-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Well, the initial mouse & keyboard set up for the 360 sadly was garbage. You will have no problems playing AoC on the 360's controller either, since the game is not going to play like any other MMORPG. The directional attacks work perfectly with a controller.

BTW, it has been announced that there is definitely going to be some "shared" servers between the 360 and PC world of AoC. There will still be servers dedicated for each platform, but the news of shared servers is great.

Do you really want to put your controller down everytime you type or something though? Not sure how they would incorporate the voice chat with an MMO like that. It would also be a slight disadvantage for the PC users, and seeing as the game was first developed for the PC I'm sure those people will be rather pissed.

Phinz420
02-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Do you really want to put your controller down everytime you type or something though? Not sure how they would incorporate the voice chat with an MMO like that. It would also be a slight disadvantage for the PC users, and seeing as the game was first developed for the PC I'm sure those people will be rather pissed.

There wouldn't be anything to get upset about really. For 360 users, the keyboard might seem out of the ordinary, but it would definitely be useful for playing a MMO. It seemed to have worked for FFXI. Voice chat can be done by using Microsoft's XBL Anywhere service. The fact that the game was originally developed on the PC doesnt make much of a difference, every game made for the 360 is developed on a PC. The 360 is basically a computer in a small box anyways, that is why the PC is going to see so many ports from successful 360 titles, especially the multi player hits.