02-15-2007, 11:56 AM
I

I totally agree.

popularwar
02-15-2007, 11:58 AM
You.

CitizenSnips
02-15-2007, 12:40 PM
We're picking too high in the first to pick him there.
He'll be gone by our 2nd pick.
We're not going to trade down.
Hes a great player.
He'd be a great pick.
But he wont be one of ours.

Finsfan1984
02-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I

What?

JT-forpresident
02-15-2007, 01:53 PM
LOLL sorry guys, computers ain't worth you know what

But what I wanted to say is that in this year's draft, 2 Centers are worth taking in the 1st and 2nd round (3rd round would be a reach for other Centers)
If you want to build an Oline, you need a Center and a LT ... you need a center to make calls on the line ( like mangold did perfectly according to Jets coaches) and a LT to close the road to your Qb's back. When you consider the importance of the position and the few guys available in the draft, it is hard to think that Ryan Kalil will fall in the 2Nd round... My two cents worth but think about it... Not that I hate the guy, I'd be pleased to have him and regardless of the philosophy of any Finfan ( draft D, draft O , draft BPA ) I think everyone agrees that he is a darn good football player that would be usefull on our "hOle line"

djphinfan
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
I Would Be All Over It If We Could Get Him In The Second,even Move Up A Little In The Second I Would Be Okay With

WA. FINSFAN
02-15-2007, 02:30 PM
I

snorkel

SweetLou
02-15-2007, 04:45 PM
I've heard some great things about Ryan Kalil, and I think he has the potential to be a great lineman in the NFL. But to draft him in the first round at pick 9 is too much, and he won't drop to second round so its hopeless to expect us to draft him. If we draft a center I expect us to go after Samson Satele from Hawaii. He has the size Hudson Houck likes(he is 6'3, 311 pounds), and the versatility to play center and guard like Rex Hadnot and Kendyl Jacox. The only knock on him is his lack of run blocking experience in Hawaii's offense.

ChambersWI
02-15-2007, 04:53 PM
size for a C is pretty overrated; Tim Ruddy wasn't big, he wore down because of age and a bad back. You want your C to be quick so they can get to the next level.

tay0365
02-15-2007, 06:04 PM
size for a C is pretty overrated; Tim Ruddy wasn't big, he wore down because of age and a bad back. You want your C to be quick so they can get to the next level.

Exactly, one of the greatest Centers to play the game, was not very big(IN fact he was rather light for even small centers)....I believe he played for the Miami Dolphins in the 80s....I believe his name Dwight something or other. :D

FinfanDuda
02-15-2007, 07:19 PM
I've heard some great things about Ryan Kalil, and I think he has the potential to be a great lineman in the NFL. But to draft him in the first round at pick 9 is too much, and he won't drop to second round so its hopeless to expect us to draft him. If we draft a center I expect us to go after Samson Satele from Hawaii. He has the size Hudson Houck likes(he is 6'3, 311 pounds), and the versatility to play center and guard like Rex Hadnot and Kendyl Jacox. The only knock on him is his lack of run blocking experience in Hawaii's offense.

Sweet Lou: I love the Syvelle picture. I'm all for us grabbing Rice and Newton. I would like to join the draft Syvelle fan club. Do you have tshirts and bumper stickers?
:sidelol:
Go Gamecocks!

Ronski_doodle
02-15-2007, 08:20 PM
How does D Brickashaw and Mangold compare to
Kalil and that tackle from Penn State

Ronski_doodle
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Levi brown

SQuinn17
02-15-2007, 08:34 PM
I
like hamburgers

SQuinn17
02-15-2007, 08:35 PM
theyre better, but the others can compare to a certain degree

caneaddict
02-16-2007, 03:31 PM
I

love lamp.

In all seriousness, I think everyone here is in agreement. We can't take him in the first but if he somehow slips to our pick in the 2nd, we would all be happy drafting him.

Regan21286
02-16-2007, 03:41 PM

D'Brick and Mangold were definitely better prospects with Mangold's advantage only slightly better than Kalil's. But D'Brick was just an elite prospect with the kind of things scouts drool over.

PhinsRock
02-16-2007, 05:06 PM
I would love it if Kalil fell to us in the 2nd round, but doubt it will happen.

Dolfan4life34
02-16-2007, 07:11 PM
I dont know i watched ferguson this year and he was solid but he wasnt impressive. I still think that dbrick and mangol are better but not by as much as people think. I still think dbrick best days are ahead of him but he just wasnt dominating, and i dont think we should take brown at 9 unless he truly impresses at the combine which prob wont happen. i also was wondering if anyone heard anyone knew about what saban said bout alabi is the same in houcks eyes. He said that alabi would be a star in this league and i dont know how true this is but if this is the case then why isnt this guy playing. Gran ted Mcintosh has played wel not great but well i still think alabi should have got more burn.

finfan54
02-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Exactly, one of the greatest Centers to play the game, was not very big(IN fact he was rather light for even small centers)....I believe he played for the Miami Dolphins in the 80s....I believe his name Dwight something or other. :D

Dwight I. Stevenson

finfan54
02-17-2007, 12:55 AM
I dont know i watched ferguson this year and he was solid but he wasnt impressive. I still think that dbrick and mangol are better but not by as much as people think. I still think dbrick best days are ahead of him but he just wasnt dominating, and i dont think we should take brown at 9 unless he truly impresses at the combine which prob wont happen. i also was wondering if anyone heard anyone knew about what saban said bout alabi is the same in houcks eyes. He said that alabi would be a star in this league and i dont know how true this is but if this is the case then why isnt this guy playing. Gran ted Mcintosh has played wel not great but well i still think alabi should have got more burn.

Just some advice to people who love to judge according to Combines. Dont. Take head to head competition and what they did when they were playing for something instead of being a piece of meat in a market that is highly critical and overlooks other things.......like wonderlic scores dictating how you are a winner or not.

DorsalPhin
02-17-2007, 01:10 PM
how much of a reach is Satele at #41/42? Maybe he's worth it even if he needs a year to get ready. Had's-not-bad, for now, esp. if the Left side gets 'adjusted'

CyPhin
02-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Just some advice to people who love to judge according to Combines. Dont. Take head to head competition and what they did when they were playing for something instead of being a piece of meat in a market that is highly critical and overlooks other things.......like wonderlic scores dictating how you are a winner or not.

Amen to that, measurables are important but it is more important how a player uses his measurables on the field. The combine cannot measure heart. Guys like Zach and Welker would fail the beauty pagent known as the combine. The combine is a tool, not the tool.