PDA

View Full Version : "The Videogame made him do it!"

Mike13
02-15-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/15/no-games-seized-in-search-of-salt-lake-city-mall-shooters-home/

"Hmmm I guess not, lets blame all the violence in movies and music!"

FinsNCanes
02-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Funny how they show Doom right on the article. Was it doom? I didn't read the whole article because those things just bug me anymore. If that's the case that's one long brainwash :rolleyes2

xDOLPHINSx
02-15-2007, 03:41 PM
comments by the readers started getting pretty heated towards the end. but yea, im pretty sick of the whole "blame video games" idea. seems like a total scapegoat to me.

Majpain
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
I am not surprised.

Phinz420
02-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Blame Canada!

Blame Canada!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/blame_canada-1.gif

finnnhero
02-15-2007, 10:17 PM
when u get brainless morons playing violent video games what do u think might happen??????

Phinz420
02-15-2007, 11:07 PM
when u get brainless morons playing violent video games what do u think might happen??????

So your theory is that when an unintelligent person plays "violent" video games, they go on killing sprees.

That is interesting. I guess we have to worry about some idiot decapitating a pregnant woman and mailing the head back to her husband because they went out and watched the movie Seven.

Better keep everyone away from Stephen King too! Marylin Manson is the devil! :rolleyes2

SpurzN703
02-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Even if someone introduces violence to someone they still have to go through with acting on it. That is ALL them. The video games are not at fault

Phinz420
02-16-2007, 05:57 PM
People need to wake up and understand the differences between reality and entertainment. Putting blame on entertainment mediums is an old, washed up theory.

Being violent, is not turning on an Xbox, or a Playstation and then proceeding to play a game where you are able to shoot pixel guns at pixel characters in a story.

Being violent, is walking out of your house and beating some kid into submission or going to the mall with a shotgun and 2 sidearms to murder innocents.

How some blur the line between the two, I have no idea.

Phin-o-rama
02-16-2007, 06:49 PM
media and their scare tactics are to blame imo

Bruzer
02-16-2007, 06:51 PM
People need to wake up and understand the differences between reality and entertainment. Putting blame on entertainment mediums is an old, washed up theory.

Being violent, is not turning on an Xbox, or a Playstation and then proceeding to play a game where you are able to shoot pixel guns at pixel characters in a story.

Being violent, is walking out of your house and beating some kid into submission or going to the mall with a shotgun and 2 sidearms to murder innocents.

How some blur the line between the two, I have no idea.

Exactly I have played violent video games every since i was a kid and I understood the difference hell I never once though of killing anyone and hell I don't even like to fight you will never see me in a fight I think there are better ways to resolve a problem. So being a person who has played violent games and watched movies as a kid I don't believe in it being a game or movies fault.

Alien
02-17-2007, 01:19 AM
yeah... i wrote a whole 3 page essay this year about violence in video games... i got an A haha!... but besides that... the biggest thing i outlined is that there is something wrong with the person from their childhood, their upbringing, or some other matter that allowed video games to negatively influence their minds in a violent manner. something along the line skewed the line of reality and fantasy... so then theres no reason for videogames to be blamed for something that happens so rarely when almost all gamers have no problems arising from their love of games.

Phinz420
02-18-2007, 02:37 PM
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660196435,00.html

For instance, detectives as of Friday had found no evidence that violent video games may have influenced Talovic. In fact, Talovic did not even own a computer or a video-game system, Burbank said.

Investigators also had not “found anything that has religious or political motivation” or shown that Talovic’s ethnicity was a factor, the chief said.
Poor Jack Thompson, he must be up in arms trying to figure out some way to still put blame on video games over this tragedy.

Mike13
02-19-2007, 05:04 PM
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660196435,00.html
Poor Jack Thompson, he must be up in arms trying to figure out some way to still put blame on video games over this tragedy.

They are still loking for a motive:

As for a motive for the killings, Burbank told the Deseret Morning News after the press conference that his investigators were still looking for one.

Maybe just maybe could he could be a nutjob. Have they thought of that yet?

spydertl79
02-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Videogames may have some effects on peoples minds and contribute to violence but it certainly takes a F**Ked up person in the first place.

Phinz420
02-20-2007, 02:46 AM
Videogames may have some effects on peoples minds and contribute to violence but it certainly takes a F**Ked up person in the first place.

This guy didn't even own a video game console or a computer :goof: