PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Devils...........

54Fins
02-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Love them or hate them? Tell me what you think.Do they have a chance to win the Cup this year?

Slappy8800
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
a chance? yes.....do i think they will? no....I think the West is taking the cup this year, more namely, the Sharks.

and btw i hate the devils with every ounce of my being......oh and stop by our NHL thread

unifiedtheory
02-15-2007, 08:01 PM
They have a top 3 goaltender who has seen it all and they have speed. They have a legit chance but in my opinion the Cup winner will come from the West. The Western Conferance is vastly superior.

NJFINSFAN1
02-15-2007, 08:19 PM
They have the best goaltender (Sorry UT) and a very good defense, they will be in the Finals, do they win????? Not sure.

djfresh47
02-15-2007, 08:24 PM
The East is a two team race and I think Buffalo is a better team. Now i'm a Sabres fan but they've been the best team in the East all season. I think the East has a chance because I don't think Jersey or Buffalo are going to be playing long series while the West will be. I've got Buffalo vs Anaheim penciled in which will be terrible for hockey because of the time zone difference but a good series.

NJFINSFAN1
02-15-2007, 08:32 PM
The East is a two team race and I think Buffalo is a better team. Now i'm a Sabres fan but they've been the best team in the East all season. I think the East has a chance because I don't think Jersey or Buffalo are going to be playing long series while the West will be. I've got Buffalo vs Anaheim penciled in which will be terrible for hockey because of the time zone difference but a good series.

Devils beat them last time and are gaining on points.

I take the devils with goaltending in a series

But I'm a Devils fan!:wink:

djfresh47
02-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Devils beat them last time and are gaining on points.

I take the devils with goaltending in a series

But I'm a Devils fan!:wink:

They've split so far this year and the Devils have gained points. They've been going pretty even as of late. If anybody besides Buffalo or New Jersey come out of the East i'll be shocked. Last year all chalk went on in the 1st rd in the East and the bottom 4 advanced in the West. As in the past it seems that the bottom teams in the East went on and the top seeds in the West went on.

unifiedtheory
02-15-2007, 09:19 PM
They have the best goaltender (Sorry UT) and a very good defense, they will be in the Finals, do they win????? Not sure.
No appologies needed...

That said, I think Roberto Luongo has done more to help a mediocer team win then any goalie in the league this year.

I'm not even a Canucks fan but living here I see them a LOT and I know quite a bit about the team.

Without Luongo the Canucks would be one of the 5 worst teams in the NHL right now, of that I have no doubts.

Ronnie Bass
02-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Sabres are playing better now but they not at the level of mojo they had in the first half of season, they are going to need that to beat the Devils because you gonna figure that if they both meet it will have to be in the ECF's and the Devils are 7-2 since 1994 in rounds three and four - and that is impressive - meaning if you want to beat the Devils, you better get them in the first two rounds before they get that defensive machine rolling and shutting down teams best players round after round and they get stronger and better as spring gets closer to summer.

Remember the 2003 Senators? I really didn't believe we could beat them because they had too much talent, muscle and size to take them down but they did, and that was a very good Senators team.

The Devils checking line of Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin is easily the best in hockey today and one of the best all-time and all the other three lines are all defensively sound as well, don't make the mistake that the Devils will roll over easily because the Sabres have more talent and as for speed we have enough of it ourselves to make that a non-factor.

Plus we got one of the best all-time playoff goalies.

It's gonna be a long series if they meet up, who is going to win is any body's guess.

djfresh47
02-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Sabres are playing better now but they not at the level of mojo they had in the first half of season, they are going to need that to beat the Devils because you gonna figure that if they both meet it will have to be in the ECF's and the Devils are 7-2 since 1994 in rounds three and four - and that is impressive - meaning if you want to beat the Devils, you better get them in the first two rounds before they get that defensive machine rolling and shutting down teams best players round after round and they get stronger and better as spring gets closer to summer.

Remember the 2003 Senators? I really didn't believe we could beat them because they had too much talent, muscle and size to take them down but they did, and that was a very good Senators team.

The Devils checking line of Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin is easily the best in hockey today and one of the best all-time and all the other three lines are all defensively sound as well, don't make the mistake that the Devils will roll over easily because the Sabres have more talent and as for speed we have enough of it ourselves to make that a non-factor.

Plus we got one of the best all-time playoff goalies.

It's gonna be a long series if they meet up, who is going to win is any body's guess.

The Senators are always good. I have no clue why they have not won a cup with some of the teams they've had. Playoff hockey is on a level by itself for any sport. It's a shame that it's not going to be seen by more people. Everything is magnified. One thing that has held true in the past is that teams who are playing extremely good special teams in the playoffs are very hard to beat. The NHL needs to get off of Versus to get more fans.

Ronnie Bass
02-15-2007, 10:31 PM
The Senators are always good. I have no clue why they have not won a cup with some of the teams they've had. Playoff hockey is on a level by itself for any sport. It's a shame that it's not going to be seen by more people. Everything is magnified. One thing that has held true in the past is that teams who are playing extremely good special teams in the playoffs are very hard to beat. The NHL needs to get off of Versus to get more fans.
Ain't that the truth, and I thought their 2003 team was their best one, they had 113 points and had everything you would want in a hockey team - except a good goaltender. That was the difference.

dominizzo
02-15-2007, 10:42 PM
If Elias wakes up and getting more 2 point or 3 point nights yes!! Hes having a Sub-par season thus far

Ronnie Bass
02-15-2007, 11:12 PM
If Elias wakes up and getting more 2 point or 3 point nights yes!! Hes having a Sub-par season thus far
You got that right, he tries to get too damn fancy lately, you have to wonder if Madden might not have been a better choice to be captain only because I think Elias might be a better player playing in the shadows and not having the spotlight on him. But that being said he still has April, May and June to prove he was a wise choice.

unifiedtheory
02-16-2007, 01:24 AM

Don't remind me. The guy is KILLING me in my money pool.

KTownsDolphins
02-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Love them or hate them? Tell me what you think.Do they have a chance to win the Cup this year?

Yes and once again you have the worst fans in the world. Talk about no support. This team consistantly puts out a contender and the games are rarely sold out.

Clumpy
02-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Go Go Buffalo :cp:

Ronnie Bass
02-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Yes and once again you have the worst fans in the world. Talk about no support. This team consistantly puts out a contender and the games are rarely sold out.
What do you know about the situation of the arena in East Rutherford from all the way up in Canada? Just curious because if you know nothing - which I suspect - I could easily fill you in on many horror stories about that place .

TheJetsBlow
02-16-2007, 07:53 AM
We absolutely have a shot at the Cup this year if we stay healthy.

TheJetsBlow
02-16-2007, 08:29 AM

There are many reasons for that. If you don't live in the NJ/NY area, you really have no right to speak on this sbject. There are many factors, especially this year. I'll go into it more later, but I'm headed out for work.

NJFINSFAN1
02-16-2007, 09:28 AM

Its because tickets cost a ton and they are moving out.

It cost me over two hundred dollars to take my son to a game.

NJFINSFAN1
02-16-2007, 09:30 AM
What do you know about the situation of the arena in East Rutherford from all the way up in Canada? Just curious because if you know nothing - which I suspect - I could easily fill you in on many horror stories about that place .

I love the Meadowlands, the tickets are just way to much. I grow up in the area so I know my way around the place, I'm out and home from Football, Hockey and basketball games in 25 minutes.

I will not go to Newark.

Slappy8800
02-16-2007, 02:20 PM
I love the Meadowlands, the tickets are just way to much. I grow up in the area so I know my way around the place, I'm out and home from Football, Hockey and basketball games in 25 minutes.

I will not go to Newark.

you dont know what ur gonna be missing man.....i drive past the place a few times a week and its a beautiful place...i dont know why everyone is afraid to go into newark it changed ALOT inthe past 10-15 years.....especially in the area around the arena....and yes, i go there at night

NJFINSFAN1
02-16-2007, 04:02 PM
you dont know what ur gonna be missing man.....i drive past the place a few times a week and its a beautiful place...i dont know why everyone is afraid to go into newark it changed ALOT inthe past 10-15 years.....especially in the area around the arena....and yes, i go there at night

Its the the distance, not Newark. And the tickets will be even more when that opens.

54Fins
02-16-2007, 04:03 PM
you dont know what ur gonna be missing man.....i drive past the place a few times a week and its a beautiful place...i dont know why everyone is afraid to go into newark it changed ALOT inthe past 10-15 years.....especially in the area around the arena....and yes, i go there at nightYeh,i heard the place is alot better to venture in now.Looking at the pics of the arena,i can't wait for the Devils to get there next year.Finally,their own arena.Awesome.The fans will pack the house.I always heard the reason the fans didn't sell out the games,was because Rutherford is too far out of the way.For some it's not,but it's understandable

54Fins
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Anyway,there seems to be something missing this year with the Devil's.And it's hard to place.Same old "BORING" Hockey,low scoring,good D.Just seems to me there is a lack of something.:confused:

TheJetsBlow
02-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Anyway,there seems to be something missing this year with the Devil's.And it's hard to place.Same old "BORING" Hockey,low scoring,good D.Just seems to me there is a lack of something.:confused:

Yes, there is. The same thing there is a lack of every year- losing. And that's fine with me.

TheJetsBlow
02-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeh,i heard the place is alot better to venture in now.Looking at the pics of the arena,i can't wait for the Devils to get there next year.Finally,their own arena.Awesome.The fans will pack the house.I always heard the reason the fans didn't sell out the games,was because Rutherford is too far out of the way.For some it's not,but it's understandable

I've been to about 7 games this year, and it's been a mess to get in and out of the arena because of the Xanadu construction. I think that's a big factor in this year's attendance. The other factors of course are that we are the 3rd team in the area, and we have a lot of young fans with no disposable income to speak of. Ticket prices are of course ridiculous. Plus, there's no mass transit of any kind to the CAA. People just don't want to drive out there in the middle of the week, and get hime at 11:30 or midnight after working all day, especially with the mess that are the parking lots around the arena now. Those are the reasons our weeknight attendance suffers, and has suffered for many years. I was at the game Sunday and there were 18,000+ for the Tampa game. I have no doubt Newark will improve the attendance, and I can't wait for the new building.

TheJetsBlow
02-16-2007, 06:13 PM
BTW- HUUUGE game with Pittsburgh tonight. Gionta and White are both out from what I've heard. Madden could be out, but is likely to play. And boy, will we need Mad Dog tonight with the Crosby and Malkin show coming to town. The Pens are red hot- 12-0-2 in their last 14. I say it's time the Pens met reality again tonight!!

KTownsDolphins
02-16-2007, 09:48 PM

Horror stories or not you bet your *** if that kind of a team was in a canadian city the arena would be full.

Tickets for Flames games are alot more expensive and they pack the stadium in -40° blizzard weather.

I would know I have season tickets.

The arena should be full, the Devils are consistantly a cup contender every year there is no excuse. I mean no excuse, even if the arena is falling apart.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm sure there are dedicated Devils fans out there such as yourselves, but common where's the rest of the support.

KTownsDolphins
02-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Yeh,i heard the place is alot better to venture in now.Looking at the pics of the arena,i can't wait for the Devils to get there next year.Finally,their own arena.Awesome.The fans will pack the house.I always heard the reason the fans didn't sell out the games,was because Rutherford is too far out of the way.For some it's not,but it's understandable

I hope you are right, I really do, don't waste such a good team.

Elias is one of my favorite players.

Ronnie Bass
02-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Horror stories or not you bet your *** if that kind of a team was in a canadian city the arena would be full.

Tickets for Flames games are alot more expensive and they pack the stadium in -40° blizzard weather.

I would know I have season tickets.

The arena should be full, the Devils are consistantly a cup contender every year there is no excuse. I mean no excuse, even if the arena is falling apart.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm sure there are dedicated Devils fans out there such as yourselves, but common where's the rest of the support.

How many professional sports teams are the Flames competing against for the sports entertainment dollar and media coverage? Because the Devils have nine. And that's not including Rutgers football and the Big East. So they are far from being the only team in town in a part of the country where hockey is at the bottom of the food chain compared to the other major sports, unlike in Calgary where hockey is like religion and the Flames rule the town.

Plus there is virtually no mass transportation to the arena - just a few buses and that's it - in the middle of a freezing swamp. And to park costs $15 bucks to boot.

We are also lucky enough to have one of the most expensive tickets in the league, to take a family of four to a Devils game would cost you $309, for a Flames game, $178. I'd have season too if I was a Flames fan.

And not to mention that the CAA is one of the most dreary and barren places to watch a hockey game, it is ugly, even so it is home.

To compare the markets is comparing apples and oranges, really.

KTownsDolphins
02-17-2007, 03:03 AM
How many professional sports teams are the Flames competing against for the sports entertainment dollar and media coverage? Because the Devils have nine. And that's not including Rutgers football and the Big East. So they are far from being the only team in town in a part of the country where hockey is at the bottom of the food chain compared to the other major sports, unlike in Calgary where hockey is like religion and the Flames rule the town.

Plus there is virtually no mass transportation to the arena - just a few buses and that's it - in the middle of a freezing swamp. And to park costs $15 bucks to boot.

We are also lucky enough to have one of the most expensive tickets in the league, to take a family of four to a Devils game would cost you $309, for a Flames game, $178. I'd have season too if I was a Flames fan.

And not to mention that the CAA is one of the most dreary and barren places to watch a hockey game, it is ugly, even so it is home.

To compare the markets is comparing apples and oranges, really.

What about population for within a one hour drive radius.

Apples and Oranges. Theres no excuse. We'll see next year with there new rink, it is next year isn't it?

TheJetsBlow
02-17-2007, 10:17 AM

Apples and Oranges. Theres no excuse. We'll see next year with there new rink, it is next year isn't it?

Yes, it is next year. And quit with the "no excuse", huh? I think we spelled it out pretty wel for you. When the Flames have to contend with two other more well-established NHL teams directly in their market (one being an Original 6 team, the other h not to mention 6 other professional sports franchises in a market that is more basketball-orieneted and not souly focued on hockey, call me. You don't lve here, you've never lived here, and if you don't want to listen when we tell you how it is, than that's your choice. But just to let you know, when you make statements like "there's no excuse", and don't consider all of the variables involved in the situation, you sound pretty stupid. No offense inteneded, but it's true.

unifiedtheory
02-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes, it is next year. And quit with the "no excuse", huh? I think we spelled it out pretty wel for you. When the Flames have to contend with two other more well-established NHL teams directly in their market (one being an Original 6 team, the other h not to mention 6 other professional sports franchises in a market that is more basketball-orieneted and not souly focued on hockey, call me. You don't lve here, you've never lived here, and if you don't want to listen when we tell you how it is, than that's your choice. But just to let you know, when you make statements like "there's no excuse", and don't consider all of the variables involved in the situation, you sound pretty stupid. No offense inteneded, but it's true.

Forgive him, he's from Calgary...:lol:

Slappy8800
02-17-2007, 11:43 AM
this dude is clueless....

NJFINSFAN1
02-17-2007, 02:42 PM

That's about 2 miles, you ever drive in Jersey??????

My goodness.

KTownsDolphins
02-18-2007, 02:38 AM

First of all I don't know why you are so defensive, no one is ripping your team, there good, very good. You're a dedicated fan along with others, just stop defending the rest that don't make an attempt to support the team. If you're making excuses for competing with other teams in other markets, then perhaps your team should move? I bet you wouldn't like that, but if an arena is not close to capacity, then what should a team/owner do? I know that you have a new stadium next year, I really hope it helps the teams fan base

I'm not clueless, I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm stating what I think, I understand your point, but I still think there's no excuse for not having the arena almost full on game night, not with one of the best teams in the league. It's not like its 75,000 seats lilke football, we're talking 16000 to 18000 people.

Anyways its just my opinion.

And don't worry I use to give it to the so called Flames fans in this city when 5 years ago, there were only 12,000 of us at a game. Trust me we got a ****load of bandwagon fans. If our team starts losing again we will lose attendance.

KTownsDolphins
02-18-2007, 02:40 AM
this dude is clueless....

Why because I think an arena should be full tha has one of the best teams in the league?

Look around the rest of the NHL fan base, most of them agree with me.

I have my own opinion