PDA

View Full Version : Pippen Comeback?

Motion
02-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Scottie Pippen is seriously considering a comeback and hopes to play for a contending team in this season's playoffs. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-070215pippen,1,1845720,print.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) Pippen, who turned 41 on Sept. 25, says he's in better condition and health than at any time in the last five years. And in the Eastern Conference, his veteran presence could change the balance of power and be a major influence in the playoffs. Or he might be the long-sought backup to relieve the pressure on the Suns' Steve Nash. The possibilities are intriguing. Pippen last played for the Bulls in the 2003-04 season, when knee problems limited him to 23 games. He said he's considering the right situation and plans to talk to some teams and players during the weekend.

MikeO
02-16-2007, 11:54 AM
He shouldn't come back and graveytrain his way to another ring on a great team.

That would tarnish his image a bit in my eyes

dreday
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Question is:Can he learn someones system in 2 months? He may feel great now,but being in playing shape is something different.Really dont like how he played in Houston and Portland.On the other hand he still might be able to give some team a good 15 mins a nite.Doubt that tho.

NoVaDolfan
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
dont come back. he had a great career and has nothing more to prove. he could only tarnish his image now. Stay at home Pip!

Samphin
02-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Question is:Can he learn someones system in 2 months? He may feel great now,but being in playing shape is something different.Really dont like how he played in Houston and Portland.On the other hand he still might be able to give some team a good 15 mins a nite.Doubt that tho.

Not that I want him in L.A., but he wouldn't have to learn a new system with the Lakers. It is the same triangle offense that got him six rings in Chicago.

Alex44
02-16-2007, 12:21 PM
I always believe if a guy can still do it more power to him. However I hope a team doesnt take him because of his past.

UCFinfan86
02-16-2007, 12:22 PM
I dont think he should come back, he has nothing to prove and this can no way help his legacy.

Does the NBA have the 5 year waiting period also for the Hall of Fame??

Vertical Limit
02-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Isn't he already in the Hall of Fame? Has a player ever become active after going through the HOF?

Fresh
02-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I know that Pippen and Shaq are friends.

But I sure hope he doesn't sign with Miami.......

Samphin
02-16-2007, 01:15 PM
You know, I started thinking about this, I think there is another reason he may be trying to come back. I don't want to say what it is I am thinking, but I think Pippen may be trying to make a statement about something.

Section126
02-16-2007, 01:17 PM
I know that Pippen and Shaq are friends.

But I sure hope he doesn't sign with Miami.......

You see...I disagree.

We should sign him and put him on the inactive list.

I think Pippen would be a great coach.

He could work with us in practice.

Now..if he actually wants to play....then I say NO.

Motion
02-16-2007, 01:25 PM
You know, I started thinking about this, I think there is another reason he may be trying to come back. I don't want to say what it is I am thinking, but I think Pippen may be trying to make a statement about something.

Would Tim Hardaway be upset about this?

Samphin
02-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Would Tim Hardaway be upset about this?

You are on the right track...

dreday
02-16-2007, 02:17 PM
If this is true what they say about him, thats a waste for the woman who married him.Shes fiiiine.

Motion
02-16-2007, 02:20 PM
You are on the right track...

:chuckle:

Samphin
02-16-2007, 02:32 PM
If this is true what they say about him, thats a waste for the woman who married him.Shes fiiiine.

These rumors are nothing new. I could be reading into things too much, but the timing seems awfully suspicious.

Ferretsquig
02-16-2007, 02:32 PM
I'd give him a tryout. Can he really be worse than Walker?

dominizzo
02-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Come to utah Pipp

Roman529
02-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Scottie Pippen is seriously considering a comeback and hopes to play for a contending team in this season's playoffs. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-070215pippen,1,1845720,print.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) Pippen, who turned 41 on Sept. 25, says he's in better condition and health than at any time in the last five years. And in the Eastern Conference, his veteran presence could change the balance of power and be a major influence in the playoffs. Or he might be the long-sought backup to relieve the pressure on the Suns' Steve Nash. The possibilities are intriguing. Pippen last played for the Bulls in the 2003-04 season, when knee problems limited him to 23 games. He said he's considering the right situation and plans to talk to some teams and players during the weekend.

Another guy who doesn't know when to hang it up. :rolleyes:

Fresh
02-16-2007, 04:37 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

You see...I disagree.

We should sign him and put him on the inactive list.

I think Pippen would be a great coach.

He could work with us in practice.

Now..if he actually wants to play....then I say NO.

Well, see, that's an entirely different story.

As a coach/mentor, sure.

I was speaking as a player, which I'd disapprove of.

WestCKoastiN
02-16-2007, 07:19 PM
another run maybe with the bulls

DonShula84
02-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Who would want him?

King Felix
02-16-2007, 08:49 PM
i want the blazers to get him since he is my all-time fav blazer since i havent really seen most of the greats like walton and drexler, he wants to come to a playoff team so i doubt its happening

Phinz4Life
02-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Knicks could use some defensive help considering Isiah never wants to give Balkman some burn.

AirMarino83
02-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Come to utah Pipp

NOooooo!

FinsNYanksFan13
02-16-2007, 09:05 PM
As a young kid who was a Bulls groupie growing up (man I miss those teams), I'd love to see Pippen come back and get another cheap ring. I think he's worth the risk of a 10 day contract. Give him a 10 day contract, see what he has and if he don't have anything tell him thanks for his services and send him on is way. It's not like the guy is asking for a lot, he's asking for a 10 day contract. I think he's worth that!

MikeO
02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
As a young kid who was a Bulls groupie growing up (man I miss those teams),

Oh do I miss thsoe teams and those days. If there was a time machine and you could give me a Bulls-Knicks 7 game series starting tomorrow, I might write you a check for the high 5 figures!! That was MUST SEE TV!!!!! That was when the NBA was the NBA!!!!

Today is just blah.......I won't even go there!!

Fresh
02-17-2007, 12:15 AM
another run maybe with the bulls

True, but I think he wants a shot at winning the title. :lol: