PDA

View Full Version : The trading up Rumor

phineffect
02-16-2007, 05:38 PM
I just read we might trade up. IF we did what would it be for? Honestly you all might think its a dumb idea, but Calvin Johnson! He has No weak points, and doesn't cause trouble. A guy like this being 6'5, 45 inch Vert, 4.3 ish speed, hands, route running.. He would change our Passing game, be our # 1 WR for years. Chambers at # 2, thoughts?

emocomputerjock
02-16-2007, 05:42 PM
I know you just read that we might trade up. It's in the thread that at the time of writing this, is just below this one.

wazzy
02-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Trading up for CJ is the only way all be happy and if they don't get to much from us!

Phinman
02-16-2007, 05:44 PM
I think you move up if Mueller and Cameron think Quinn is the franchise QB this franchise has longed for!

tay0365
02-16-2007, 05:52 PM
I think you move up if Mueller and Cameron think Quinn is the franchise QB this franchise has longed for!

That is probably the reason right there....If you see us move up, and Quinn is still there, there should be no Mystery

ASUFinFan
02-16-2007, 05:54 PM

Thats exactly what I think as well. If we are so sure we want him, then lets make sure we get him.

Phantom
02-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Yea, lets pay Chumpers 7 mil to be a #2........brilliant...... I'm all for Johnson and sending #2 packing.....

Roman529
02-16-2007, 06:24 PM
I just read we might trade up. IF we did what would it be for? Honestly you all might think its a dumb idea, but Calvin Johnson! He has No weak points, and doesn't cause trouble. A guy like this being 6'5, 45 inch Vert, 4.3 ish speed, hands, route running.. He would change our Passing game, be our # 1 WR for years. Chambers at # 2, thoughts?

Link? :confused:

FireInTheNole
02-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Yea, lets pay Chumpers 7 mil to be a #2........brilliant...... I'm all for Johnson and sending #2 packing.....

:yeahthat:

Lisle Phin Fan
02-16-2007, 06:58 PM
my feeling is that we will trade up to #6 to get Quinnno way we trade all our picks for a WR when our QB's and OL suck

trate121hb
02-16-2007, 07:02 PM
i like joe thomas or calvin johnson in a trade p situation...the only playmaker, potential 1styear pro bowler i see this yerar is CJ....i dont talk about him much because there is no shot we get him where we are at but if we trade up and can snag him, ill be ecstatic.....joe thomas is also a monster and d'ferguson type of player...he will be better than levi brown and im a brown fan

FINSFAN2781
02-16-2007, 07:09 PM
If only we could somehow move Booker and our #9 or our 1st and 3rd round pick to move up to get Calvin Johnson. With our 2nd pick we get Stanton. Just like that you have your future WR stud and QB stud.

fish fan 4 life
02-16-2007, 07:23 PM
I dont think we should trade up.We would have to give up alot to move up.

Lab3003
02-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I agree the only player worth trading up for is Calvin Johnson. It might cost more than the Dolphins are willing to give up. However, if a team wanted our 1st, 4th and Chris Chambers for the rights to Johnson, then sign me up to support!

IluvJuMiami
02-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Thats exactly what I think as well. If we are so sure we want him, then lets make sure we get him.

I second that emotion.

OH IF YOU FEEL LIKE GIVING ME A LIFETIME OF QUINN-OTION, I SECOND THAT EMOTION.

Sorry, had to break it down.

Predaphin
02-16-2007, 07:46 PM

I seriously doubt this happens. Cameron is not big on high profile WR's. He had a good passing game with mediocre WR's in San Diego. I doubt he moves up to draft a WR.

Dol-Fan99
02-16-2007, 08:18 PM
i agree, if we want Quinn, make it happen, look what happen last season with Drew Breese... MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

circumstances
02-16-2007, 08:43 PM
I seriously doubt this happens. Cameron is not big on high profile WR's. He had a good passing game with mediocre WR's in San Diego. I doubt he moves up to draft a WR.

then it'll be a good thing that mueller's pulling the trigger.

kashbo
02-16-2007, 09:13 PM
if we move up we must gett joe thomas or russel plain and simple

MrEd
02-16-2007, 09:34 PM
if we move up we must gett joe thomas or russel plain and simple

Although, I dont see how this rumor can make sense...if the Stalworth rumor is true, or the restructuring Booker rumor is true, or the Chambers a trade possibility rumor is true...maybe the #9 pick and Chambers is a part of the deal. Maybe we package Chambers, the #9, and our 3rd round pick to move to #3/4 and select Calvin Johnson? Not totally impossible.

But I wouldnt do it.

utahphinsfan
02-16-2007, 09:38 PM
There is a 25% chance I'd move up & only for Calvin Johnson.

MiaDolph99
02-17-2007, 01:19 AM
If only we could somehow move Booker and our #9 or our 1st and 3rd round pick to move up to get Calvin Johnson. With our 2nd pick we get Stanton. Just like that you have your future WR stud and QB stud.

Oh yeah lets get another receiver for our 1 legged QB to throw INTs in the direction of OR a lineman to buy our 1 legged QB that extra second he desperately needs.

I think we dump Chambers and our 1st rounder to move up and get Tampa Bay's 1st and 3rd round picks. We draft Quinn where we know for sure he'll still be left and use the 3rd rounder to upgrade another need. Can I get an A'men?

MarinoForPres
02-17-2007, 04:22 AM
if we go to #1 we go to get CJ anything else its for Quinn and a slim chance of Russell

phineffect
02-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Ok, How do we know Cam isn't high on WRS? AJ smith did that in SD, no CAM.. The i saw it, it was Gates and LT doing most of the show

Big Nick B
02-17-2007, 07:05 AM
stand pat at #9, get Quinn to learn for one or two years while Daunte 'runs' the offense. It's not gonna happen this year guys, face it!

miamiron
02-17-2007, 07:54 AM
my feeling is that we will trade up to #6 to get Quinnno way we trade all our picks for a WR when our QB's and OL suck

why not??:shakeno:

It's like putting a new turbo on a car with a slipping clutch and a bad tranny and expect improvements:sidelol:

MrEd
02-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Oh yeah lets get another receiver for our 1 legged QB to throw INTs in the direction of OR a lineman to buy our 1 legged QB that extra second he desperately needs.

I think we dump Chambers and our 1st rounder to move up and get Tampa Bay's 1st and 3rd round picks. We draft Quinn where we know for sure he'll still be left and use the 3rd rounder to upgrade another need. Can I get an A'men?

There is no way in the world that we give up Chambers and "not" draft his replacement. If we move up to #3 it is for Calvin Johnson, obviously.

We already traded a 2nd round pick for Daunte Culpepper "and" restructured his contract...why would we do that without even giving him his chance? Makes no sense.

Then, they have already given Lemon the promise to give him a legit chance for playing time. This is the omen, folks.

If we are trying to trade up, it is for Calvin Johnson.

Did you guys forget that Mueller has already stated that he wanst SPEED at WR?

No doubt. Plus there is even a new rumor that Chambers is a trade possibility.

So that's the confirmation. You only trade him for his replacement. Calvin Johnson. :cooldude:

This is a no brainer. CLE can get Chambers "and" Marshawn Lynch or Okoye? Plus another 3rd round pick? No brainer.

Tampa Bay can get Chambers "and" Anderson, Brown, or Adams? Plus another 3rd round pick? No brainer.

And then whoever it is that trades down with us uses that new 3rd rounder to aquire David Carr. This is probably a deal in the brewing as we speak.

MiaDolph99
02-17-2007, 08:40 AM
There is no way in the world that we give up Chambers and "not" draft his replacement. If we move up to #3 it is for Calvin Johnson, obviously.

We already traded a 2nd round pick for Daunte Culpepper "and" restructured his contract...why would we do that without even giving him his chance? Makes no sense.

Then, they have already given Lemon the promise to give him a legit chance for playing time. This is the omen, folks.

If we are trying to trade up, it is for Calvin Johnson.

Did you guys forget that Mueller has already stated that he wanst SPEED at WR?

No doubt. Plus there is even a new rumor that Chambers is a trade possibility.

So that's the confirmation. You only trade him for his replacement. Calvin Johnson. :cooldude:

This is a no brainer. CLE can get Chambers "and" Marshawn Lynch or Okoye? Plus another 3rd round pick? No brainer.

Tampa Bay can get Chambers "and" Anderson, Brown, or Adams? Plus another 3rd round pick? No brainer.

And then whoever it is that trades down with us uses that new 3rd rounder to aquire David Carr. This is probably a deal in the brewing as we speak.

Um since when aren't Donte Stallworth or Bernard Berrian fast.. they are both FAs.. i think Berrian is a RFA though. Plus there is WRs at later rounds (Anthony Gonzalez, Steve Smith, David Ball). Those 3 have more of a chance at being Chambers' replacement if we trade him in a package deal to move up. It gives TB what they need in a WR and us what we need in the #3 or #4 pick to get Quinn. We wouldnt try to hire Quinn's "tutor" at QB coach then draft Calvin Johnson. Not only that but I'm sure there's speed in the Free Agent market past Stallworth and Berrian (Arnaz Battle from SF, Bryant Johnson from ARI, Patrick Crayton from DAL, Charles Rogers, Samie Parker from KC) All these are legitimate "replacements" for Chambers.

And I didn't say get rid of Culpepper all together.. I said why would we just get more tools for a one-legged QB. We need a QB of the future.. not Minnesota's trash. He's 30 anyway so even if he does rebound, how long do you think he'll be playing football for? Especially on a bum knee.. it shortened his career. He is the Don Strauck and Quinn is the Dan Marino, and in all due respect I'd rather have Marino.

MiaDolph99
02-17-2007, 08:43 AM
This is the omen, folks.

Not to be a smartass but its a'men.. omen is the son of satan. Hence the movie "The Omen"

Alex44
02-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Calvin Johnson is going to be hands down the best WR in the league within two years. Quote me on that. Being a Miami fan in ACC territory Ive seen most of the guys career and there has never been a WR like him at least in the last 6 or so years and I'd be willing to bet even before that. Everybody thought Larry Fitzgerald was amazing coming out of the draft and he has been, well let me tell you that Calvin puts Fitz to shame.

The only player I would trade up for is Calvin Johnson. Actually I would for Joe Thomas also. I would not trade up for Quinn when you havent even seen Culpepper healthy.

jdang307
02-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Not to be a smartass but its a'men.. omen is the son of satan. Hence the movie "The Omen"

Not to be a smarter *** but he meant omen. The omen is bringing in a rookie QB, under Cameron, that turns the "lameduck" QB into a probowl one (rivers and brees).

one of the meanings of omen is a prophetic sign. in this case bringing in the rookie qb is the omen of hopefully a "deja vu" situation.:lol:

The Omen is a movie about the son of satan. Omen is not the son of satan.

Crowder52
02-17-2007, 10:51 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol: