PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins | Team could draft a quarterback

FinAtic8480
02-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Dolphins | Team could draft a quarterback
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 08:48:56 -0800
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins will likely select a quarterback in the NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159).

I have a feeling Miami will try and trade up if Quinn is not gone by the 3rd overall...... If not Stanton will be our guy.

Cannonboy
02-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Smart thinking, time to get a QB in the draft that they can groom. Hopefully some luck will go the dolphins way and Quinn will drop to 9.

Pocoloco
02-18-2007, 01:21 PM
I think a trade-up for Quinn will be explored. New coaches tend to want to sink or swim with fresh guys they think can fit their system

elite14eva
02-18-2007, 01:23 PM
i sure hope so...it's time that we do so.

spydertl79
02-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Not a good idea, none of the QBs this year are really good IMO.

jim1
02-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins will likely select a quarterback in the NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159).

I have a feeling Miami will try and trade up if Quinn is not gone by the 3rd overall...... If not Stanton will be our guy.

Maybe Trent Edwards

1) Levi Brown/Ted Ginn

2) Sidney Rice/Chris Houston/Ryan Kalil/Greg Olsen

3) Trent Edwards/Brian Smith/Lamar Woodley (outside shot)

4) Dan Mozes/Kyle Young

PhinCanuck
02-18-2007, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the update. I am a member of the Quinn BWagon.

tyson22
02-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Not a good idea, none of the QBs this year are really good IMO.

agreed. unless you trade up for russell its probably better to wait and grab stanton in the 2nd.

NJdolphan42
02-18-2007, 01:49 PM
i really hope we do explore trading up for a shot at quinn....i was a big supporter of grabbing brohm (for record i love culpepper but you cant depend on him returning to form blindly) if we can trade up to say 5 giving up our first 3rd and possibly next yrs 2nd i would do it in a heart beat. Quinn would give us an insurance policy against culpeppers knee (a policy which is not a retread backup who will keep us treading the waters of mediocrity the team is so fond of) as well as give us a tradeable commodity of having too many good qbs. if this yrs second rder was the deal breaker throw it in (obviously takwe out the 3rd and next yrs second and replace with a 4th possibly this yr. Alot of you will say this is waaaay too much to give up but if u can guarentee urself a shot at a franchise type qb at the expense of filling other needs (and we can all agree every postion is easier to fill then QB, although LT is pretty hard to but you get what im saying) you HAVE to do it. Officially a Culpepper supporter and on The Brady Quinn Bandwagon:dolphins:

dominizzo
02-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Is Stanton and Lamar Woodley any good?

DcRy82
02-18-2007, 02:28 PM
yea, if stanton and Kalil are gone, woodley would be a huge pick up.. he would be a great fit imo.

QrtBck13
02-18-2007, 02:34 PM
BQ will fall to us at number 9....no trading up needed.....we will finally get a fran QB WOOOOOT

ILfinfan85
02-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Bring on Stanton!!

Phanatical
02-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Bring on Stanton!!

Yeah, I agree. BTW, we're almost identical on our projected need/picks. :D

DolfanTom
02-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Smart thinking, time to get a QB in the draft that they can groom. Hopefully some luck will go the dolphins way and Quinn will drop to 9.
Hey, that's how it worked with Marino!

DcRy82
02-18-2007, 02:49 PM
yea, Marino dropped from where he was supposed to go and i dont know bout u guys, but i think he turned out ok.

Delfin 22
02-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Maybe Trent Edwards

1) Levi Brown/Ted Ginn (no to ted ginn)

2) Sidney Rice/Chris Houston/Ryan Kalil/Greg Olsen

3) Trent Edwards/Brian Smith/Lamar Woodley (outside shot)

4) Dan Mozes/Kyle Young

mmm....

tyson22
02-18-2007, 03:34 PM
yea, Marino dropped from where he was supposed to go and i dont know bout u guys, but i think he turned out ok

.and ryan leaf went where he was supposed to. means nothing.

hellsapoppin
02-18-2007, 03:36 PM
i really hope we do explore trading up for a shot at quinn....i was a big supporter of grabbing brohm (for record i love culpepper but you cant depend on him returning to form blindly) if we can trade up to say 5 giving up our first 3rd and possibly next yrs 2nd i would do it in a heart beat. Quinn would give us an insurance policy against culpeppers knee (a policy which is not a retread backup who will keep us treading the waters of mediocrity the team is so fond of) as well as give us a tradeable commodity of having too many good qbs. if this yrs second rder was the deal breaker throw it in (obviously takwe out the 3rd and next yrs second and replace with a 4th possibly this yr. Alot of you will say this is waaaay too much to give up but if u can guarentee urself a shot at a franchise type qb at the expense of filling other needs (and we can all agree every postion is easier to fill then QB, although LT is pretty hard to but you get what im saying) you HAVE to do it. Officially a Culpepper supporter and on The Brady Quinn Bandwagon:dolphins: You know I just really can't figure out for sure if we should get a quarterback or not. I understand all the ramifications. But what happens if by some miracle Culpepper comes back and plays llike he did 3 seasons ago. Now we have a QB that will sit on the bench for a few years and learn the system. But you all know the best learning is actually playing the game. Get in there and take your lumps and learn the pro game. So if Culpepper comes back to his rightfull form, Now we have a QB on the bench. We have given up alot for Quinn, (if we have to trade up) and we won't be able to build our team with the missing pieces that we need because of giving up our draft picks this season and next season. So now we have Culpepper back to form and no OL that is really good. We need blocking for our QB's and for our running backs. We need a wide reciever, we just need to much to be giving up any draft picks, I wish we were in good enough shape to be able to give up draft picks but i just don't see it. And if we did trade up for Quinn, and CP plays really good we will all regret it next season when the draft starts and we sit there with one pick on the first day. Just my opinion.....

DolfanTom
02-18-2007, 03:41 PM
You know I just really can't figure out for sure if we should get a quarterback or not. I understand all the ramifications. But what happens if by some miracle Culpepper comes back and plays llike he did 3 seasons ago. Same thing happened w/ Brees and Rivers. Same exact thing!!!

I'm fine w/ it being just like that, w/ Quinn taking over in 2-3 years!

SweetLou
02-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Wow, real shocker there :rolleyes: . We all knew we were likely to draft a quarterback somewhere in the draft. But just because we are hearing this doesn't mean that we are taking someone in the first round. It most likely means we will draft someone in the lower rounds and develop whoever it is. That is the route I'd prefer because I'd much rather have someone in the first round that can make an immediate impact, than a QB that takes years to develop. Either way, first round or later rounds, it takes a QB a while to grasp the game.

Regan21286
02-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Mueller and Cameron know QB's. They're are two guys I'd want to have to evaluate a QB in the draft. Mueller's scouted Quinn before and hopefully he came off impressed.

wazzy
02-18-2007, 04:07 PM
There just stating the obvious! It shows that our GM grabs a QB almost every time he is drafting for a team and on top of that our QB is questionable!

PhinsTD
02-18-2007, 04:59 PM
BQ will fall to us at number 9....no trading up needed.....we will finally get a fran QB WOOOOOT

I have a feeling if Quinn falls to number 7 or 8, a team behind us will try and leapfrog us to get him.

Culpepper never really even won before he got hurt, so I'm not a fan of pinning our hopes on him.

We'll probably be looking at a DL, Ginn, or Levi Brown at our pick.

Quinn does still have time to get his stock back up before the draft.

dahlmarino
02-18-2007, 05:00 PM
You know I just really can't figure out for sure if we should get a quarterback or not. I understand all the ramifications. But what happens if by some miracle Culpepper comes back and plays llike he did 3 seasons ago. Now we have a QB that will sit on the bench for a few years and learn the system. But you all know the best learning is actually playing the game. Get in there and take your lumps and learn the pro game. So if Culpepper comes back to his rightfull form, Now we have a QB on the bench. We have given up alot for Quinn, (if we have to trade up) and we won't be able to build our team with the missing pieces that we need because of giving up our draft picks this season and next season. So now we have Culpepper back to form and no OL that is really good. We need blocking for our QB's and for our running backs. We need a wide reciever, we just need to much to be giving up any draft picks, I wish we were in good enough shape to be able to give up draft picks but i just don't see it. And if we did trade up for Quinn, and CP plays really good we will all regret it next season when the draft starts and we sit there with one pick on the first day. Just my opinion.....

Actually, bringing a young QB in might be just waht C-Pep needs to elevate his game. I still don't believe trading up is a good idea, but if Quinn falls to us, we take him. If not, we see who's there in the 2nd (Stanton), or the 3rd (Leak, Smith, Edward), etc. There is no rookie QB who should be starting in the NFL this next season, IMO, and it is important to bring in a guy that we can groom for 2-3 years to take over as the legitimate long-term starter. Drafting a QB is a win-win situation, as long as we don't rush him into the starting job.

Crunkcore
02-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Hopefully we do draft a QB.
We need to groom one for the future.