PDA

View Full Version : The HULK

echo_bravo
06-17-2003, 04:00 PM
Anyone else looking forward to seeing this movie? My boys and I got some free tickets to see this on a 11:30pm screening on Thursday this week. So I am definitely excited.

I never touched a Hulk comic when I was younger and dont know much about the whole story but some of the latest previews have looked tight.

Also all of the reviews so far are saying it is definitely worth seeing on the silver screen.

I heard that the CGI Hulk wont even show up until about 40 minutes into the movie, but I guess when he does, he rips **** up!

I just hope this movie doesnt totally ruin all the other comic book characters like it did with the X Men and especially Spiderman. WTF was that movie all about?! Good lord

Ultfight
06-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Yeah ill prob go see it, i love jenn connelly, she is SO fine. BTW, echo your a nole too huh what year are you

ohall
06-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by echo_bravo
Anyone else looking forward to seeing this movie? My boys and I got some free tickets to see this on a 11:30pm screening on Thursday this week. So I am definitely excited.

I never touched a Hulk comic when I was younger and dont know much about the whole story but some of the latest previews have looked tight.

Also all of the reviews so far are saying it is definitely worth seeing on the silver screen.

I heard that the CGI Hulk wont even show up until about 40 minutes into the movie, but I guess when he does, he rips **** up!

I just hope this movie doesnt totally ruin all the other comic book characters like it did with the X Men and especially Spiderman. WTF was that movie all about?! Good lord

Yeah I am, at 1st it looked like a crap movie, but apparently it's heavily character and plot based. From what I understand you don't really start to see any CGI stuff until like an hour has passed in the movie.

Oliver...

echo_bravo
06-17-2003, 04:16 PM
I am a sophmore and you?

Prime Time
06-17-2003, 04:22 PM
I am going to go see it. It looks good, but not as good as Spider-Man.

echo_bravo
06-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Dude, you though Spider Man was good?! HOly $hit that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Right up there with Pearl Harbor.

t2thejz
06-17-2003, 05:35 PM
I though pearl harber was alright and spider man was pretty good. :eat:

Jaydog57
06-17-2003, 06:02 PM
Spider Man was pretty cool, Pearl Harbor was ok for the battle scenes but the rest of it was terrible. They involved the romance crap too much into the story. Hollywood always has to do that. I'd like to see 'em do a remake of the 'The Bridge on the River Kwai' and try that. They'd have a 'P.O.W. - Japanese nurse' love triangle goin' or something.....:rolleyes:

Barbarian
06-17-2003, 07:07 PM
Spider man rocked... oh well no accounting for taste I guess.

I do agree on Pearle Harbor though. Allthough the actual attack sceenes were incredable and as an ex-squid myself some of that hit a little close to home (drowning sceenes do that to us) at least we know that they can still make a good war movie nowadays without the extra romance crap thrown in as evidenced by the masterpiece that was Blackhawk Down.

Oh, and as for the topic of the thread.. yeah, I'll likely go see the Hulk, but I'll wait untill I get a chance to read the Hollywood.com review, me and the guy that does the reviews on there have a tendancy to agree 90% of the time so I usually take them at face value as all he cares about is was it an entertaining movie.

Jaydog57
06-17-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian
Spider man rocked... oh well no accounting for taste I guess.

I do agree on Pearle Harbor though. Allthough the actual attack sceenes were incredable and as an ex-squid myself some of that hit a little close to home (drowning sceenes do that to us) at least we know that they can still make a good war movie nowadays without the extra romance crap thrown in as evidenced by the masterpiece that was Blackhawk Down.

Oh, and as for the topic of the thread.. yeah, I'll likely go see the Hulk, but I'll wait untill I get a chance to read the Hollywood.com review, me and the guy that does the reviews on there have a tendancy to agree 90% of the time so I usually take them at face value as all he cares about is was it an entertaining movie. Yeah, I gotta check out 'Black Hawk Down' that's supposed to be an awesome movie. Haven't heard one bad thing about it.:cool:

Ultfight
06-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Yeah, Black Hawk Down was a great movie, although I didnt care too much for pearl harbor..

BTW, echo, Im a senior.. Are there any good places up here to watch the phins games? I heard AJ's was ok, but thats about it..

WeVie
06-17-2003, 10:44 PM
So you have not read many Spiderman comics have you. They were as full of "romance crap" just like the movie was as well as the X-Men. Hell in the comics Jean Gray went from Cyclops to Wolervine and back again and again. Both movies were pretty much true to the comic books.

iceblizzard69
06-17-2003, 11:10 PM
Spiderman was an awesome movie, I hope the second will be good too.

baccarat
06-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
, Pearl Harbor was ok for the battle scenes but the rest of it was terrible.

Yeah, I gotta check out 'Black Hawk Down' that's supposed to be an awesome movie. Haven't heard one bad thing about it.
-Pearl harbor did have a crappy plot. I mean the guy goes on a train in NYC to go to England? WTF?

-I didn't like Blackhawk Down, JMO but Michael J Durant said it was inaccurate.

-I'm definitely seeing the Hulk but Spider-man was only so-so. They should have casted him better.

Pagan
06-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by echo_bravo
Dude, you though Spider Man was good?! HOly $hit that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Right up there with Pearl Harbor.

Then you're not much of a Spider-man fan bro. I grew up reading the webslinger, and for the most part, the movie was dead-on accurate, right down to the smoke trails off the Goblin's glider.

X-Men was excellent also. Have you read any of these comics??

Originally posted by booyeah_

Spider-man was only so-so. They should have casted him better.

They cast him perfect. They were going by the original Spider-man, and Peter Parker was a total geek. Toby was perfect for the role.

Bobby Humphrey
06-18-2003, 12:57 PM
i just saw hulk. it has bad acting and i think it is a bad story too.

echo_bravo
06-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Oh, I liked the comics of Spiderman and Xmen when I was younger growing up, but the movies just seemed soooo ****ing cheesy. I mean the dialogue between Tobey who might be the most annoying actor in the world and Dafoe were so embarrassing to watch.

Did you guys honestly like the Green Goblin's costume?! God Lord, it looked like it was right out of a Power Rangers movie!

I would of liked to see Matt Damon play Spiderman. He can play a complete nerd (Talented Mr Ripley) and also play a badass (Good WIll Hunting, Bourne Identity). Willam Dafoe was great, but man did that costume suck!!!!

I hope they include Venom or Carnage in one of the sequels. The Spiderman comics that featured them were my favorites.

I absolutely hated Xmen the movie. There were thousands of ways to make those Xmen movies better. Add sentinels damn it!
The two Xmen movies should have been straight to the video store or straight to TV movies...they had no business being on the silver screen.

But to each his own...

Pagan
06-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Matt Damon as Spiderman would have been a travesty that would have ripped the very fabric of time and caused the end of all life as we know it.

As for Goblin's costume, they made it a little more modern, yes....but when it comes to a man flying around on a mechanical bat throwing pumpkin bombs at people, his costume being cheesy or not is kind of a moot point, no? ;)

baccarat
06-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Pagan

They cast him perfect. They were going by the original Spider-man, and Peter Parker was a total geek. Toby was perfect for the role.

I watched the cartoon all the time when I was younger and he might have been very smart even nerdy but he wasn't a sissy who couldn't act. The GG's costume was bad;it looked like a green Iron Man. Some of the dialogue was bad and unnecessary. The GG trying to convince Spider-man to join him? WTF? And I'll never forget the scene of people throwing garbage at GG and GG standing there and taking it. Why didn't he throw a bomb at them? Anyways, that's JMO. This is getting :topic:

Barbarian
06-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Pagan
Matt Damon as Spiderman would have been a travesty that would have ripped the very fabric of time and caused the end of all life as we know it.

As for Goblin's costume, they made it a little more modern, yes....but when it comes to a man flying around on a mechanical bat throwing pumpkin bombs at people, his costume being cheesy or not is kind of a moot point, no? ;)

Agree about Damon.. I mean.. okay, Ben Afflek was able to pull off Daredevil (I was plesently suprised) but Damon playing Spiderman?

Excuse my while I go vomit on a copy The Talented Mr Ripley.

!PapaCrunk81!
06-19-2003, 10:45 PM
I thought the X-Men movies and the Spider-Man movie were great. You have to give and take when it comes to appealing to a wide audience, they weren't making the movies for one person. The appeal of Spider-Man is that he is a regualr person/nerd in high school that gains the ability to be "Amazing" but has to deal w/ the responsibility that the power brings--- remember the mantra "with great power comes great responsibility." I think Tobey McGuire (sp) fits the nerd part fine. There was a time where Marvel movies were just plain crap--The Punisher (better version coming soon) Captain America, Fantastic Four (never made the big screen, thank God.) But now they've got movies that are bringing in the bucks--starting w/ the Blade movies, X-Men movies, Spidey movie(s) DareDevil, and the list continues. I'll go see the Hulk, one of my favorite characters since a young age. I think the CGI beefs peeps will have, will be different w/ a big screen treatment though.

baccarat
06-20-2003, 11:04 PM
Speaking about comic books turned movies, here's the teaser trailer of The Punisher.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/artisan/the_punisher/teaser/

Jaydog57
06-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_
Speaking about comic books turned movies, here's the teaser trailer of The Punisher.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/artisan/the_punisher/teaser/ My buddy told me that there was a Punisher movie about 10 years ago with Dolph Lundgren, but I don't remember it being at the movies. Anybody see it?:confused:

XoPhinsoX
06-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Punisher might be cool 2nd time around.

I thought I heard they were gona make a Silver Surfer movie.

Coulda been interesting...

baccarat
06-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
My buddy told me that there was a Punisher movie about 10 years ago with Dolph Lundgren, but I don't remember it being at the movies. Anybody see it?:confused:

I saw some of it and it was lousy. Didn't resemble the actual hero/vigilante.

www.superherohype.com is a good site for superhero movies/TV.

Pagan
06-21-2003, 06:28 PM
The first Punisher movie was AWFUL!!! Theye didn't even give him the skull costume. Bad all around....no Micro....just plain horrible. .The new one looks promising though...

baccarat
06-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Warning: Some spoilers.

I thoroughly enjoyed Hulk. It was a good balance between Greek Tragedy and action movie. Sam Elliot and Nick Nolte gave very good performances and, as expected, Jennifer Connelly was HOT!!! :tongue: Plot, drama, good acting & directing were all found in this movie along with a surprise supervillain. The transactions from scene to scene were annoying at first but I began to like them. The movie played like a live action comic. A rare summer movie living up to it's hype. Overall, I'd say this is possibly the best super-hero movie ever bar none.

!PapaCrunk81!
06-22-2003, 07:03 PM
I saw a matinee of the movie, and I thought it really kicked ***!