PDA

View Full Version : #2 up for grabs

Gamble
02-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Detroit wants to trade down,that basically means that if the Dolphins want someone bad enough they could get him. They would need to want him real bad because it would be expensive.

DolfanTom
02-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Detroit wants to trade down,that basically means that if the Dolphins want someone bad enough they could get him. They would need to want him real bad because it would be expensive.
Hey, this just might work!!

After all, Randy Mueller working w/ Matt Millen on a trade would be like an adult working w/ a baby on who gets the candy!! :lol:

Crypt Keeper
02-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Detroit wants to trade down,that basically means that if the Dolphins want someone bad enough they could get him. They would need to want him real bad because it would be expensive.But is there anybody really worth trading the 9th pick, second round pick, third round pick and likely a 2nd round pick in 2008 for the #2 spot?

DolfanTom
02-18-2007, 04:39 PM
But is there anybody really worth trading the 9th pick, second round pick, third round pick and likely a 2nd round pick in 2008 for the #2 spot?I'll say this. As much as I want to draft Quinn, even if we have to trade up to get him - this price would be too much IMO!

SR 7
02-18-2007, 04:39 PM
But is there anybody really worth trading the 9th pick, second round pick, third round pick and likely a 2nd round pick in 2008 for the #2 spot?

thats ok, ill pass.

dahlmarino
02-18-2007, 04:40 PM

After all, Randy Mueller working w/ Matt Millen on a trade would be like an adult working w/ a baby on who gets the candy!! :lol:

Actually, up until this point Millen has done a pretty good job of working draft day trades. What he's done with the picks he got has been pretty pathetic, but remember a couple years ago getting a 2nd from the Browns just so they could move up one spot to get Kellen Winslow. I'd rather stay away from any draft day deals with Detroit, thanks.

DolfanTom
02-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Actually, up until this point Millen has done a pretty good job of working draft day trades. What he's done with the picks he got has been pretty pathetic, but remember a couple years ago getting a 2nd from the Browns just so they could move up one spot to get Kellen Winslow. I'd rather stay away from any draft day deals with Detroit, thanks.

I was more kidding than anything. It's just amazing to me that Millen still has a job. He must have Naked pictures of the Fords or something.

Trading up is going to cost us quite a bit no matter what. I'm willing to give up a little if we must, but going up to #2 from #9 will probably be too much.

TotoreMexico
02-18-2007, 04:43 PM

LOL

TotoreMexico
02-18-2007, 04:44 PM
But is there anybody really worth trading the 9th pick, second round pick, third round pick and likely a 2nd round pick in 2008 for the #2 spot?

Calvin Johnson?:confused2

23EmilioVasquez
02-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Quinn would be good at the number 9 pick but i dont think he is worth trading up to the nuber 2 pick

etsudolfan
02-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I would give our 1st, 2nd and maybe a player...maybe one of our defensive vets (not Thomas or Taylor) to get Calvin Johnson
As for Quinn...I wouldn't trade up too far for him, with his stock slipping. I'd look to trade with Tampa Bay, Arizona, or Washington to get Quinn.

Gamble
02-18-2007, 04:49 PM
I think Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas as the only players deserving a #2 pick.

DolfanTom
Calvin Johnson?:confused2
Wow, yeah I forgot about him. He looks unstoppable.

Delfin 22

joe thomas

RoninFin4
I'd be alright with that ONLY if it's for Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas. I'd rather wait and see if Quinn lands around 4 or 5 before we move up for him.

DolfanTom
02-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I would give our 1st, 2nd and maybe a player...maybe one of our defensive vets (not Thomas or Taylor) to get Calvin Johnson
As for Quinn...I wouldn't trade up too far for him, with his stock slipping. I'd look to trade with Tampa Bay, Arizona, or Washington to get Quinn.
Good point. To trade up and get Quinn, we wouldn't have to go all the way up to #2.

Popshark86
02-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Calvin Johnson a :dolphins: would be awesome

Jt0323
02-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I got it! Lets trade our 9th pick for there 2nd and we throw in Harrington...he might be the guy to turn their franchise around!

Roman529
02-18-2007, 04:55 PM
CJ or Thomas would be the only guys I would move up to the 2 spot to grab....I think Quinn will go top 5 so we may be looking at Ginn Jr.

phinphanforever
02-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Not in my opinion. Before I get slammed- I'm NOT saying that there aren't quality prospects in this year's draft. For that price, though, there isn't anybody even close.

newlownorder
02-18-2007, 04:58 PM

I read somewhere that the Skins wanted to trade out of their spot to get extra picks.

DolfanTom
02-18-2007, 04:59 PM
throw in Harrington...he might be the guy to turn their franchise around!Maybe they'll be fooled by how well he played on Thanksgiving Day? Can't put it past Millen :lol:

phinphanforever
02-18-2007, 04:59 PM
It's just amazing to me that Millen still has a job. He must have Naked pictures of the Fords or something.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:
Now that was funny.

kashbo
02-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Yo if we get the # 2 pick we have todraft Joe thomas

Frayser
02-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Calvin Johnson would easily be worth it. He is going to be a special player. He's easily the best WR prospect since Larry Fitzgerald, who is working out pretty well for Arizona. In fact, Johnson might just be a better athlete than Fitz. CJ is in a league of his own compared to all other WRs in the draft . . . not that there isn't some talent on the list after him.

I would be thrilled if we traded up for CJ. We would have two truly special offensive weapons in him and Ronnie, and we could let Mueller work his magic with a young QB in the later rounds of the draft while we get as much out of Culpepper as we can over the next few seasons.

I am for drafting defense at #9, but if we could pull this off I feel it would totally be worth it. I think anyone who is going around saying we have to draft offense in the first should be for this move.

pennPhinFan
02-18-2007, 05:10 PM

do you have a link for this or is it just wishful thinking on our behalf for CJ/JT?

Popshark86
02-18-2007, 05:11 PM
:up:

etsudolfan
02-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I read somewhere that the Skins wanted to trade out of their spot to get extra picks.

They would be an ideal trading partner to grab Quinn if he slips out of the top 3

dominizzo
02-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I would do it only if Joe thomas or jamarcus Russell are guaranteed

cheekychap
02-18-2007, 05:42 PM

No, but Joe Thomas as our franchise left tackle is worth our 9th pick, a second this year, and our third next year...

WestCKoastiN
02-18-2007, 05:58 PM
let's go CJ

malzj
02-18-2007, 05:59 PM
putting us at number two would put us in position to either get CJ or JR. Raiders most likely will draft one or the other.

daniel3
02-18-2007, 06:02 PM
I'd give our first this year and next year to get Joe Thomas. All we have to do is not suck and make next years pick somewhere in the 16 to 32 range.

Caldolfan
02-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Say no to Quinn.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-18-2007, 06:14 PM
there is no player worth trading up for

I wouldn't trade that much for:

- these QB's

- any LT any year

- any WR any year

if you trade that much it better be for a great QB

I would trade up to #6 for Quinn though

TotoreMexico
02-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Say no to Quinn.

Yeah, Culpepper will be the man:sidelol:

CCMiamiDolphins
02-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Why are you guys banking on Joe Thomas? He could be the next Robert Gallery.

SQuinn17
02-18-2007, 06:57 PM
thats ok, ill pass.
likewise

SQuinn17
02-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Why are you guys banking on Joe Thomas? He could be the next Robert Gallery.
he could also be the next john ogden

Stitches
02-18-2007, 06:59 PM
I would do it only if Joe thomas or jamarcus Russell are guaranteed

lol, it's the number 2 pick. Of course one of them is guaranteed.

Fresh
02-18-2007, 07:32 PM
I'd do anything to move up for Calvin Johnson.

Sign all the offensive lineman you can, and trade up for CJ!

He's TO without the drops and without the attitude.

Calvin Johnson is simply THE BEST player in this draft.

mbsinmisc
02-18-2007, 07:51 PM
If CJ was still there, how about #9, Ricky Williams, and Travis Daniels. That probably wouldnt be enough, but from our perspective I would do it in a second.

slyfox13
02-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Detroit wants to trade down,that basically means that if the Dolphins want someone bad enough they could get him. They would need to want him real bad because it would be expensive.we already gave millen our #5 we dont need to give him all! Although if we did im absotively, posuloutly,sur millen would still screw there draft up LMAO:sidelol:

Mr772
02-18-2007, 09:30 PM

I don't think Tampa is trading down unless CJ is off the board.

Dolfan11
02-18-2007, 09:34 PM
His name is Calvin Johnson.

Round 1 pick 2 = 2,600 points

Round 1 pick 9 = 1,350 points

Round 2 pick 40 = 500 points

Round 3 pick 71 = 235 points

However, our first three picks equal 2,085 points. We would most likely need to include another player or pick like posted above. Would we really want to risk giving up 3 picks on top of our 9th, not knowing what those three players could bring?

WPBtoRNOFinFan
02-18-2007, 10:06 PM
I smell bull****....no link.

TRUDOLFAN54
02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
calvin johnson is the best player in this draft if we have any chance of landing this kid we need to pull the trigger quick...

Phanatical
02-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I'll say this. As much as I want to draft Quinn, even if we have to trade up to get him - this price would be too much IMO!

I agree, we need help on the OL, at CB and OLB too badly to be giving away our picks. If Quinn's or Russell are there at 9 great, if not, get someone in the next round (Stanton comes to mind).

GO PHINS~!

tylerdolphin
02-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Id have an orgasm if we somehow got Calvin Johnson.

Silverphin
02-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Id have an orgasm if we somehow got Calvin Johnson.

He'd be the only guy I'd draft.

Stefins
02-19-2007, 01:21 AM
I think Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas as the only players deserving a #2 pick.

i AGREE..

For the record,.
I say that we trade DOWN ( but not to far) and stock pile some picks

Lisle Phin Fan
02-19-2007, 01:41 AM
we have no QB, an aging defense and a crappy OL

hey lets spend all our picks on a WR

brilliant!!!!!

djphinfan
02-19-2007, 02:51 AM
I think Joe Thomas is gonna fall,,the guy is not considered to be in the realm of an ogden,boselli or pace, those guys went tipe five and deserved it.

Joe thomas is not in that class.

i don't care what anyone says,detroit is not going to take an offensive player at no. 2,,they have chosen offense the past four years strait.their fanbase would go balistic,,they will choose a defensive player,,WATCH.

I hope mueller is set on Ginn,,,,,,GINN N TONICS FOR EVERYONE BABY!!

CANDolphan
02-19-2007, 05:08 AM
i don't care what anyone says,detroit is not going to take an offensive player at no. 2,,they have chosen offense the past four years strait.

It's straight, and I didn't realize that Ernie Sims almost got Defensive Rookie Of The Year while playing OFFENSE! That speaks leaps and bounds about his ability!

miamiron
02-19-2007, 05:22 AM
i AGREE..

For the record,.
I say that we trade DOWN ( but not to far) and stock pile some picks

A sane thought after reading all the previous posts

The price will be to expensive...WE SIMPLY HAVE TO MANY NEEDS THAN TO DRAFT 1 PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT NO MATTER HOW GOOD HE MAY BECOME

Why would anyone REBUILDING a team with so many needs
trade 4 draft picks(or 3 picks and 1 starter ) for anyone is beyond me.

If anything do as Stefins says and trade down and aquire MORE picks

Elliott 1
02-19-2007, 06:30 AM
This topic isn't for teams in the Dolphins position. We have a ridiculous amount of FA's and very little cap room. If we made a move like this we would become the laughing stock of NFL.

Teams like Pittsburgh and the Colts, who have 1 or 2 needs going into the next year and just need a playmaker to get them a notch higher can consider such things. If anything we need to trade down and get more picks.

Now there's a scary thought huh? The Colts with Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas. And then what if they found a way to sign Adalius. Whew! waking nightmare....

TotoreMexico
02-19-2007, 11:04 AM
I smell bull****....no link.

Lions | Team would like to trade down in NFL Draft
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:59:01 -0800
Tom Kowalksi, of MLive.com, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/16/nfl">Detroit Lions are hoping to trade down in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159). The Lions (http://www.kffl.com/team/16/nfl) currently hold the No. 2 overall selection in the draft.

FINSFAN2781
02-19-2007, 01:51 PM
**** yeah, if trading up to #2 results in us drafting Calvin Johnson, im all for it. Every team should be fighting for the chance to draft this guy. If it happens, then we can get a QB in the later rounds. This is the only guy i would trade up for.

Motion
02-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Love to have CJ, but the price is far too steep.

Frayser
02-19-2007, 09:47 PM
we have no QB, an aging defense and a crappy OL

hey lets spend all our picks on a WR

brilliant!!!!!

No QB - We have Culpepper for a few years at least. He should be fine. We have Lemon who, this year, will be as good as any rookie we draft and is reuniting with his old offensive coordinator. And we have Mueller who can grab a QB on the second day to groom.

Aging defense - I agree this is something we have to pay attention to, but it's not as if we haven't drafted a lot of young, talented defensive players in recent years (Allen, Daniels, Crowder, Roth, Vickerson, Wright). We also got younger by swapping Madison for Will Allen. So while this is a concern, I don't think the sky is falling, and it's not as if two draft picks is going to make a drastic difference. I think we should target Adalius Thomas in free agency and develop our young DL guys more.

Crappy OL - Again, I don't know if a couple of picks is going to solve this problem. And again, it's not like we don't have some young, talented guys on the line. Great lines take time to develop and are rarely solved by simply drafting a player.

I partially agree with all of your concerns, but I also am seeing a clear distinction between people on this thread. Unlike some, I really don't think we are rebuilding. We can be competitive now, and we should be making every effort to do so considering we only have a few more good years left out of Zach and JT. Now I'm not suggesting we sell the farm just to get the flavor of the month. I think Calvin Johnson is going to be a top player in this league, and I think it's likely that he will have an immediate impact for whatever team drafts him.

As much as I am a fan of the guy, Chambers has had his chance. I know he just went to the Pro Bowl two years ago, but I also remember that season. He was inconsistent early on and then came on at the end. He also was the beneficiary of a lot of yards and TDs late in 4th quarters. Calvin Johnson will likely be a much better receiver than Chambers ever will. If we can make a push for him, I say we do it. And why not trade Chambers to get a draft pick back while we are at it?

Dredd1050
02-22-2007, 06:17 PM
I'd be alright with that ONLY if it's for Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas. I'd rather wait and see if Quinn lands around 4 or 5 before we move up for him.

Agreed. Send Detroit the 9, the 3rd and Randy McMichael!

Phanatical
02-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Costs too much to trade up. No QB is going to help the offense throwing behind our swiss cheese OL. The Phins definitely need the second and third round picks to upgrade the line.

Dolphins need a QB with their first pick. If Quinn isn't available they should go with Stanton or Leak and work on LT and C in the next two rounds.

GO PHINS~!

LouPhinFan
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
For what we would have to give up to move to the #2 spot, I would only want Calvin Johnson. Here's why:

I think Joe Thomas is worth of the #2 pick, but he doesn't touch the football. If I'm going to give up half my draft to move up, it better be for a player that will score and score often. That means a QB, RB, or WR. I think CJ is that player, he's just as electrifying as Randy Moss, except he's more polished and has a way better attitude than Moss. I think he's the AJ Hawk of this year's draft: as close to a sure thing as you're going to get.

finfan54
02-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I think between Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas i would take Johnson because he is great great IMO. Thomas will end up being a solid LT but injury probs coudl be long term concern. Johnson is just a beast at WR and good character.

LouPhinFan
02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Dolphins need a QB with their first pick. If Quinn isn't available they should go with Stanton or Leak and work on LT and C in the next two rounds.

GO PHINS~!

Pick #9 is way too high for either Leak or Stanton. Neither one of them are even first rounders. Maybe not even 2nd rounders...