PDA

View Full Version : why not Jarett? watch this video.

aquaman
02-18-2007, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_aByLgotfY

Ok, I know...get Quinn,Get Levi Brown blah,blah. This guy flat out catches the ball like a maniac. His hands are great,hes game fast(think Jerry Rice,who did not run a great 40) and has sweet moves. On this video alone he makes a few catches not one of our wr would go for. The alligator arms in full effect. Bottom line,we need a play maker and this dudes made some plays.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-18-2007, 10:50 PM
I heard on NFL radio that he is a total head case

no thanks

aquaman
02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
you wanna see a head case?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igNRxKai1mE

Heres Levi Brown being a great teammate.

CANDolphan
02-18-2007, 10:54 PM

no thanks

OH well if you heard it, then it must be true!

DUB
02-18-2007, 10:55 PM
I have no problem with Jarrett at #9.

TotoreMexico
02-18-2007, 11:00 PM

Do you know why he was arguing with him?

aquaman
02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
doesnt matter.. you dont do that to a teammate,your opposing end or lb sure,but not a teammate... if you wanna get picky about headcases. Never seen Jarett do that.

CitizenSnips
02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm a fan of Jarrett. (look at the sig) However, we'd be reaching at #9. And i am not a fan of reaching...

aquaman
02-18-2007, 11:05 PM
i agree,we can trade down for him though.

tyson22
02-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Do you know why he was arguing with him?

exactly. that fire right there is exactly what this team needs.

TotoreMexico
02-18-2007, 11:14 PM
doesnt matter.. you dont do that to a teammate,your opposing end or lb sure,but not a teammate... if you wanna get picky about headcases. Never seen Jarett do that.

Doesn't matter? what if he disrespected the coach infront of his teammates or something like that? He needs to congratulate him right?

aquaman
02-18-2007, 11:18 PM
bottom line,the guy flipped out on tv... wheres your "evidence" that Jaretts a head case,produce some and i will be glad to read it. Marques Colston was a headcase also,really affected his team this year didnt it? please.

TotoreMexico
02-18-2007, 11:26 PM
bottom line,the guy flipped out on tv... wheres your "evidence" that Jaretts a head case,produce some and i will be glad to read it. Marques Colston was a headcase also,really affected his team this year didnt it? please.

Ask NFL radio where did they get the info...

I didn't know that Colston was a headcase? Do you have a link?

Phanatical
02-18-2007, 11:27 PM

That little love tap hardly qualifies as a "flip out" in my opinion.

aquaman
02-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Im not making this a levi vs jarret discussion..I was pointing out to mr mexico there that anyone in football can appear to be a headcase at some point. These guys are alpha male type personalities for the most part and have an air of smugness to them,especially wr's. To de-value someone as a headcase is ridiculous...we have all done things that others may find as crazy.

as for Colston,in just about every game I saw him in, they mentioned how his stock fell due to his coach at hofstra saying he was a hard player to deal with etc... i will try to fond something to appease you.

dont say a player is not worth it cause hes been bad mouthed. How many players come in with a clean slate from college and make it big without a hitch in their attidude?plenty

how many come in with a clean record and great people skills,etc and end up doing something stupid? plenty.

you cant judge em by someones words but rather their actions and Jarett hasnt had anything come out publically about him. Remember this is alot like politics...some teams want a player and will slander him in hopes that he drops to them, not saying thats the case but you never know.

TotoreMexico
02-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Im not making this a levi vs jarret discussion..I was pointing out to mr mexico there that anyone in football can appear to be a headcase at some point. These guys are alpha male type personalities for the most part and have an air of smugness to them,especially wr's. To de-value someone as a headcase is ridiculous...we have all done things that others may find as crazy.

as for Colston,in just about every game I saw him in, they mentioned how his stock fell due to his coach at hofstra saying he was a hard player to deal with etc... i will try to fond something to appease you.

dont say a player is not worth it cause hes been bad mouthed. How many players come in with a clean slate from college and make it big without a hitch in their attidude?plenty

how many come in with a clean record and great people skills,etc and end up doing something stupid? plenty.

you cant judge em by someones words but rather their actions and Jarett hasnt had anything come out publically about him. Remember this is alot like politics...some teams want a player and will slander him in hopes that he drops to them, not saying thats the case but you never know.

Look, I'm pointing out the comparison you made about headcase's, you said Levi Brown is a headcase just because he was arguing with a teammate about something that you're not even aware of, that's what I'm saying

Tureo
02-19-2007, 12:37 AM

Ok, I know...get Quinn,Get Levi Brown blah,blah. This guy flat out catches the ball like a maniac. His hands are great,hes game fast(think Jerry Rice,who did not run a great 40) and has sweet moves. On this video alone he makes a few catches not one of our wr would go for. The alligator arms in full effect. Bottom line,we need a play maker and this dudes made some plays.
I like Jarret and though I would be disappointed I would only THINK about taking him at 9 if Russel, Quinn, Johnson, Adams, Branch, Thomas, Willis, Anderson, Brown, and Okoye are gone. I read somewhere that there could be a number of WR's like Bowe, Meacham, and definitely Ginn who will be selected ahead of him. It would be great if he could fall to the 2nd rd.

Tureo
02-19-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm a fan of Jarrett. (look at the sig) However, we'd be reaching at #9. And i am not a fan of reaching...
I Absolutely 100% agree.

Geforce
02-19-2007, 12:47 AM

You call that being a headcase?? BanDon Snow was belittling an assistant coach and Levi, being the captain, stepped in and put a stop to it. I call that a leader and someone I definitely want on my team.

malzj
02-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Levi Brown was sticking up for his head coach. Levi went over to tell the FB what's up and the FB kept talking back to Levi, who is a captain. I don't care if it's on tv or not, that FB needs/was put in his place. That doesn't show me Levi is a head case, shows me he has leadership skills.

I heard about DJ that he almost left school because he was "homesick". But now he's alright.

J-REMEDY
02-19-2007, 01:45 AM
I think Jarrett would be a great pick for this team but our pick is too high for him maybe we can trade down but only if certain people are gone

Lisle Phin Fan
02-19-2007, 01:54 AM
A Levi Brown blowup makes Jarrett a great guy huh

good logic

maybe if Levi murders someone, Jarrett will go first in the draft

Lisle Phin Fan
02-19-2007, 01:55 AM
OH well if you heard it, then it must be true!

why should I trust NFL Radio, when I have the brainiacs of Homerheaven to listen to

Lisle Phin Fan
02-19-2007, 01:58 AM
i agree,we can trade down for him though.

heh

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

aleta
02-19-2007, 02:22 AM
This jaret has great hands, but he is not that fast, he should be available in the second round.GODOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

Ps If he is not available in the 2nd, then ,so be it!!

Sikk Caden
02-19-2007, 10:25 AM
did any of you people actually turn up the volume for the Levi Brown video? He was stickng up for an assistant coach and fufilling his captian duties..He was doing what he was supposed to do. Obviously you guys have never played football, and Im starting to get the idea that some of you have never even watched football...BUT HEY some of you guys would love to have a smug arrogant USC WR (cause so many have work out in the past :rolleyes2 ) who runs a 4.6-4.7. He showed great character by slamming the ball into a Michigan DB after a catch in a blow out. SWEET SIGN HIM UP

Why don't we just pick up Mike Williams when he is cut? Same thing.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-19-2007, 10:34 AM
jarrett's a 2nd-rounder to me.

O'townPhinFan
02-19-2007, 11:00 AM
I can tell ya this... I wouldn't mind Jarrett but I am sure he may be gone. Then again he may not be. But to say he is going to last till the 2nd rd is absolutely rediculous. I am sure after all the pro days, combine and personal work outs all of this could change. Another thing out there, already a bulletine on it, is Detroit may want to trade away their #2 pick. Not sure where the post is on here but that is another option as well for the Phins. If that were the case then another option to look into would be Calvin Johnson. I would like that scenario much better but Jarrett would work for me too.

PhinfanUK
02-19-2007, 11:19 AM

That's the kind of guy I want on this team!! :D let's get him here!!

finyank13
02-19-2007, 11:21 AM

i heard he has an attitude, great hands, and route runner, but at number 9, if we had to pick a WR, besides CJ, he is the one, but I hope they dont pick him

O'townPhinFan
02-19-2007, 11:26 AM
i heard he has an attitude, great hands, and route runner, but at number 9, if we had to pick a WR, besides CJ, he is the one, but I hope they dont pick him

:hmmm:

Mr772
02-19-2007, 12:07 PM
This jaret has great hands, but he is not that fast, he should be available in the second round.GODOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

Ps If he is not available in the 2nd, then ,so be it!!

It's all going to depend on that 40 time in the combine. If he runs well he could go much higher. He reminds me of Hines Ward, not blazing fast but big with great hands, catches the ball great in traffic, and blocks very well on running plays.

philyphin
02-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Not a big fan of Jarrett, but only seen him play in his bowl game where he made a lot of catches, but I am not big on what seemed to be a celebration of some sort after each of his catches, he reminds me a lot of keyshawn johnson, the speed of a TE but catches everything near him, even when he's blanketed....He might have just been making a big deal of his catches because it was bowl game, just wondering if anyone noticed if he did this all year, or only during the bowl game....

Motion
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM

BS, we need that kinda fire on our Oline.

Jarrett would be quite a reach at 9.

CJ>Meachem>Ginn>Rice>Jarrett

biggrouper
02-19-2007, 03:58 PM

We need leader on this team not team capitains that sit by and accept players that miss assignments and dont do their job. I for one like his fire and dont believe that this vid makes him a headcase it shows him being a capitain!

Motion
02-19-2007, 03:59 PM
We need leader on this team not team capitains that sit by and accept players that miss assignments and dont do their job. I for one like his fire and dont believe that this vid makes him a headcase it shows him being a capitain!

:yeahthat:

aquaman
02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
guys,i got nothing vs levi brown. some guy said jarret was a headcase,i told him to prove it and i got nothing back. the levi video was just to show him what a head case would do on the sideline,yes i know it was to defend a coach, yea!for him. My point was for him to see how easy it is to give someone a bad rep. I have never heard anything negative about Jarett that you dont normally hear about a stud wr coming out. Braylon Edwards was too cocky, Anquan Boldin wasnt fast enough, Fitzgerald had attidude issues the list goes on and on... hell Jerry Rice was too slow. Seriously, the guy makes plays, thats all im saying. How many times did we not hope for that one guy who could do something with the football instead of short arm the catch or run in to a wall? if you look at the vid, jarett gives up his body for the catch,maybe Wes does that but hes not someone you can bank on week in and out. cool? alright.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-19-2007, 06:09 PM
guys,i got nothing vs levi brown.

heh

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

aquaman
02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
one was a before,the other an after. you are the most annoying person on this board. Guess you like it that way. Again just pointing out that no one can come up with something on video or paper that shows me jarrets a headcase.

TotoreMexico
02-19-2007, 08:05 PM
one was a before,the other an after. you are the most annoying person on this board. Guess you like it that way.

LMAO

Just because he proves you wrong he's "the most annoying person on this board"?

Again just pointing out that no one can come up with something on video or paper that shows me jarrets a headcase.

I guess NFL radio is just making up things

aquaman
02-19-2007, 09:25 PM
I have yet to be proven wrong because you have yet to produce your source. jaretts a case... where is it? ignore all the other things that i have said like how most wr's are slandered etc. lets not have an educated conversation. lets keep finger pointing and doing the na na na na na na thing.

NJPHIN34
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM

no thanks

I heard that he wasn't. :goof: Just playing. I sure do like his route running, quickness out of breaks, he attacks the football, has great hands and excellent body control.

Crowder52
02-19-2007, 09:37 PM

Absolutely.

phins3454
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM

Touche

TotoreMexico
02-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I have yet to be proven wrong because you have yet to produce your source. jaretts a case... where is it? ignore all the other things that i have said like how most wr's are slandered etc. lets not have an educated conversation. lets keep finger pointing and doing the na na na na na na thing.

NFL radio is making up things, k now I get it...

Lisle Phin Fan
02-19-2007, 11:14 PM
I am a Miami Dolphins fan, that's my agenda

I wish there was a place for the Ginn and Jarrett fans to go to advance their agendas

WR is one of the least of our needs and we can get an excellent one without blowing a first round pick on a head case

if I get one whiff of a USC WR who has any sense of entitlement, then I wouldn't touch him with a 1,000 foot pole

and if we trade down it won't be to get a headcase, it will be to get more picks

Lisle Phin Fan
02-19-2007, 11:16 PM
NFL radio is making up things, k now I get it...

lol, exactly

NFL radio has it out for Jarrett