PDA

View Full Version : Beckham is going to Real Madrid!

Migs182005
06-17-2003, 05:54 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=269969&cc=5901

It seems Real Madrid officially strikes again. Beckham is ours

Oh happy day :D :cool: ;) :lol:

iceblizzard69
06-17-2003, 06:38 PM
I was going to post the headline "Beckham goes from Manure to Real Crap" but you beat me to it.

I am pissed he went from one crappy club to another because I am seeing Manure face Juventus at Giants Stadium at the end of July and I wanted to see Beckham.

Prime Time
06-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Very unfortunate that one of my favorite if not favorite (not sure) European Player goes to the team I hate. That really sucks. Oh well...they are losing FIGO so it's all good :D

Migs182005
06-18-2003, 05:41 PM
They aren't losing Figo. Where did you hear that? :lol: It's ridiculous

Prime Time
06-18-2003, 06:12 PM
They will....you just watch.

mf52dolphin
06-18-2003, 07:29 PM
This reminds me of a quarter century ago with the last star English player who wore #7. A quarter century ago Liverpool was the dominant team in England and a regular winner of various European titles(the Premiership was simply known as First Division then). The top player on the Liverpool teams was Kevin Keegan. Keegan wore #7, and usually was captain of the English national team.(The English national team was not doing so well then, partly due to Liverpool's 2nd best player, Kenny Dalglish, being a Scotchman, and Liverpool's goalie, Pat James, hailed from Norther Ireland) Anyway Keegan was sold to a German team(Hamburg I believe) around 1979 for a lot of money.
Nowdays Manchester United is the dominant Premiership team. David Beckham wears #7 and is the English national team captain. And now Beckham is sold off.
To quote Yogi Berra- "It's Deja'Vu all over again"

iceblizzard69
06-18-2003, 08:25 PM
I don't know why Beckham is doing this. He is going to a place where he probably doesn't know the language, with a different culture and everything. Also, Real Madrid takes half of his endorsements because of some team policy, so he is losing a lot of money. This was a stupid move by Beckham, he should have just stayed with Man U.