PDA

View Full Version : 3 Round Phins Mock

SpencerFS
02-19-2007, 02:24 AM
1st Round Levi Brown OL Penn State 6,5 328
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
We need a franchise left tackle to anchor our line for years. Its a realistic pick lets face it Quinn most likely wont fall to 9.

2nd Round Chris Houston CB Arkansas 5,11 180
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/165734-1.jpg
We need a lock down cornerback In my opinion its is one of our biggest needs and we get it with Houston. A athletic under the radar corner

3rd Johnnie lee Higgins WR UTEP 5,11 185
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/HigginsvsHouston091705-1.jpg

Muller wants a burner with moves this is our guy very productive and college but does have some problems with injuries could be our poor mans version of Steve smith.

dominizzo
02-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Dont like it 1 biT!!

Jonnie lee looks like a midget

vmarcilfan75
02-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Dont like it 1 biT!!

Jonnie lee looks like a midget

:chuckle:

SQuinn17
02-19-2007, 03:20 AM
no to all of these guys.

DonShula84
02-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Wouldnt mind it at all but Houston will be gone. I cant image why anyone would be opposed to getting him in the 2nd round. The first two picks would make me happy, the third not so much.

WelcomeBack
02-19-2007, 04:21 AM
I wouldn't mind Brown and Houston. Not too sure on Higgins yet.

Elliott 1
02-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Levi Brown was rated like #58 before all the hype started. A decent senior bowl performance and a ton of hype and all of a sudden Arizona is taking him with the #5 pick.

This guy has disaster written all over him. At best he will probably be another LJ Shelton and turn out being a decent Gaurd.

I pray he is not in a Dolphin uniform next year.

Boomer
02-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Levi Brown was rated like #58 before all the hype started. A decent senior bowl performance and a ton of hype and all of a sudden Arizona is taking him with the #5 pick.

This guy has disaster written all over him. At best he will probably be another LJ Shelton and turn out being a decent Gaurd.

FLMAO.

What a load of nonsense. Anyone that knows anything about the draft knows what you wrote is rubbish. Levi is a 4 year starter at one of the best schools in the nation, has great feet, is strong and aggressive. He has a good bubble and a very good kickslide. He's the sort of player that can come in and shut down that left side for a decade. No he's not Walter Jones, but you'd put him in the Tarik Glenn, Levi Jones bracket.

As for Chris Houston, he might end up going in the top 15. He's a very, very good man corner. He's the #2 CB on my board, just a whisker behind Darrelle Revis. What plays in Houston's favour is that he is wonderfully athletic and will really star in Indy. His stiock is really climbing anyway and Indy should vault him further. In fact, we've been discussing the possibility of him going off the board with our 1st pick.

I watched Higgins again the other night on tape. He's a good return man and whilst he looks small, he's very quick in and out of his breaks and has speed to burn.

Elliott 1
02-19-2007, 08:41 AM
FLMAO.

What a load of nonsense. Anyone that knows anything about the draft knows what you wrote is rubbish. Levi is a 4 year starter at one of the best schools in the nation, has great feet, is strong and aggressive. He has a good bubble and a very good kickslide. He's the sort of player that can come in and shut down that left side for a decade. No he's not Walter Jones, but you'd put him in the Tarik Glenn, Levi Jones bracket.

As for Chris Houston, he might end up going in the top 15. He's a very, very good man corner. He's the #2 CB on my board, just a whisker behind Darrelle Revis. What plays in Houston's favour is that he is wonderfully athletic and will really star in Indy. His stiock is really climbing anyway and Indy should vault him further. In fact, we've been discussing the possibility of him going off the board with our 1st pick.

I watched Higgins again the other night on tape. He's a good return man and whilst he looks small, he's very quick in and out of his breaks and has speed to burn.

Well you can write whatever you want to, but what I wrote is a fact. A few weeks ago Fox had him rated in the high fifties. Since then his stock has taken off like a pandemic. How did he all of sudden improve after the season was over?........Or is it more about the fact that there just aren't a lot of great OT's in this year's draft. That reality doesn't make him any better. He is still the same player. But with so many teams desperate for help at tackle he is now a top 10, perhaps even top 5.

I think he is a huge reach and a big risk. Just my opinion.

Boomer
02-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Well you can write whatever you want to, but what I wrote is a fact. A few weeks ago Fox had him rated in the high fifties.

:sidelol:

This of course is the same Fox that still believes the war in Iraq is doing well and that Bush is a great President.

jason8er
02-19-2007, 09:11 AM
How did he all of sudden improve after the season was over?
Senior Bowl week.

Elliott 1
02-19-2007, 09:28 AM
:sidelol:

This of course is the same Fox that still believes the war in Iraq is doing well and that Bush is a great President.

You have truly sunk to an all time low. Say what you want about politicians as far as I'm concerned, although, I thought political statements were against site policy; anyway, your comment about the war is demeaning to our troops. I have close freinds over there and I find your comment disgusting.

Why can't you just talk about football dude? Every time you go off the subject you say something rude and offensive. It's insults or name calling
or some kind of foul condesending dribble.

This war comment is too much. I'm ignoring your posts from now on. Try being a better American no matter what horses you bet on.

Boomer
02-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Levi Brown was a first rounder way before the Senior Bowl practices. What he did in Mobile solidified what people already knew about him and his practices performances, as good as they were helped move him further up the board.

Boomer
02-19-2007, 09:31 AM
You have truly sunk to an all time low. Say what you want about politicians as far as I'm concerned, although, I thought political statements were against site policy; anyway, your comment about the war is demeaning to our troops. I have close freinds over there and I find your comment disgusting.

Why can't you just talk about football dude? Every time you go off the subject you say something rude and offensive. It's insults or name calling
or some kind of foul condesending dribble.

This war comment is too much. I'm ignoring your posts from now on. Try being a better American no matter what horses you bet on.

You find a comment about Fox News disgusting? You must clearly think the war is a raging success. Perhaps you should wake up. Regardless, 2 points for you:

1. I'm not American.
2. Levi Brown has been a 1st rounder for a long time and any spurious 50+ ranking you read on Fox is hardly 'fact'.

DDTDON
02-19-2007, 10:08 AM
You find a comment about Fox News disgusting? You must clearly think the war is a raging success. Perhaps you should wake up. Regardless, 2 points for you:

1. I'm not American.
2. Levi Brown has been a 1st rounder for a long time and any spurious 50+ ranking you read on Fox is hardly 'fact'.

I agree with your points completely about levi brown. I think he would be a great 1st pick for us. Some people just don't like others having their own opinions or thoughts.

MustangFinFan
02-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Elliott is obviously republican...i totally agree with Boomer in all aspects...on both Fox news being dumb enough to think the american president is a success, AND that levi brown is a first rounder...he has been for awhile. certainly id rather Joe Thomas, but Levi Brown is probably the 2nd best.

i really like that draft though. but in the 3rd, id love to draft a guy like Mason Crosby...we need to address our kicking situation...and in the 5th, id like a guy like Marcus Thomas (DT, Florida)...he is a 1st round talent, but has 7th round issues...so he'll probably go in the 4th-5th.

finfansince72
02-19-2007, 10:14 AM

1. I'm not American.

Free speech, how unAmerican of you.
Really though, how do you think Levi Brown compares to say a Richmond Webb? I think getting a guy that can protect Daunte is obviously a must, even if Brown isnt up there with the greatest LTs in the league, having a guy that is really really good and hold down the fort there for a decade to me is well worth a top 10 pick.

zonk4ever
02-19-2007, 10:15 AM

Are you... really? :rolleyes2

NJFINSFAN1
02-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Brown was a low first rounder that has shot up, not in the 50's

jim1
02-19-2007, 10:19 AM

1. I'm not American.

I don't understand the Fox News reference. I really haven't noticed any
great bias for Bush or the war. I will take Fox news any day of the week
over CNN, whose biased, liberal reporting/opnionating makes me want to vomit. For example, their slam job on Jimmy Carter and his new book was just vile and unwarranted, even Dershowitz carried himself with more class and composure than the CNN people on this matter.

There's clearly a more conservative slant to Fox and a more liberal slant to CNN- some aspects of Fox are just annoying to me, like Bill O'Riley and that little worm Neil Cavuto, but I find it the lesser of two evils, so to speak.

When all is said and done your country is producing, in my opinion, far and away the best news publication in the world- The Economist magazine. It blows away any of the American pablum/bs magazines that our country has to offer, and consists of real, global news and intelligent, fair, opinion. On top of that, the writing is suberb and unparalleled.

Se7eN
02-19-2007, 12:30 PM
drafting a tackle at number 9 isnt the sexy pick but if u look at what the jets did last year they pretty much solidified there line with 2 picks so i would love to see us take a LT with our first pick.

ChambersWI
02-19-2007, 01:18 PM
to clear something up on Levi Brown, before the year he was considered a top 15 pick. The first half of Penn State's season Morrelli was getting killed so Brown fell (of course, this had more to do ith Brown being the only returning starter from the previous season), and many people (including myself) have questioned his pass blocking ability. He's a great run blocker, but no one knew about his pass blocking so everybody assumed he'd become a RT.

Then down in Mobile, the only guy that gave Brown any trouble was Anthony Spencer who is basically the same type of player former Purdue DEs Roosevelt Colvin and Shaun Phillips were; pure speed rushers. But he's now considered a top 12 pick who could go anywhere from 8(Houston to 12 (Buffalo). With a solid combine, he'll be a top 10 lock (since there's no way Atlanta would pass on him).

I'd love to have this mock, but Houston will not b available in the 2nd, and Higgins might not be available in the 3rd (he's almost as fast as Ginn)

Mike13
02-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Isn't the big question: Can Levi Brown play Left Tackle?

Stitches
02-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Isn't the big question: Can Levi Brown play Left Tackle?

No, it's not even a question. He played it for 4 years at Penn State.

Lab3003
02-19-2007, 03:42 PM

I don't know if he'll become a disaster but I agree that he shouldn't be drafted 9th overall.

Motion
02-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Houston won't be under the radar after the combine, if he is even now, now way he's there in the 2nd IMO, he'll be mid-late 1st.

Ronski_doodle
02-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey Boomer, Doesn't that picture of Johnnie Lee going up and snatching the ball out of the air remind you of Mark Clayton(our Mark Clayton). Don't we all gat caught up in measureables, and overlook natural ball skills.
I wish we had a reciever that could out man the other guy and snatch that skin out of the air.

Ronski_doodle
02-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Boomer couple of guys that I would like your insight on:
Joe Staley and Manuel Ramirez where do you think they will be drafted and with whom would you compare them.
Do you think we could get Levi and Kalil.

Ronski_doodle
02-19-2007, 05:06 PM
drafting a tackle at number 9 isnt the sexy pick but if u look at what the jets did last year they pretty much solidified there line with 2 picks so i would love to see us take a LT with our first pick.
The Jets had 2 #1 picks.
They had to trade John Abraham and release Kevin Mawae to draft Mangold.
With that beind said I wouldn't mind Levi and Kalil kind of a poor mans D'brickashaw / Mnagold draft

ChambersWI
02-19-2007, 05:47 PM
The Jets had 2 #1 picks.
With that beind said I wouldn't mind Levi and Kalil kind of a poor mans D'brickashaw / Mnagold draft

not really a good comparison Brown/Kalil aren't as big or as highly touted as D'Brick/Mangold, but they've got great potential to be pro bowlers (more so Kalil, but Brown can be in the Tarik Glenn/Levi Jones mold of very good LTs that are often underappreciated)

djphinfan
02-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I liKE THE HUSTON PICK, that arkansas team last year was special,,there had to be some reasons as to why that team exploded last year,,best arkansas team i've ever seen.
Mcfadden is special but there's gotta be some other ones as well.

Boomer
02-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Free speech, how unAmerican of you.
Really though, how do you think Levi Brown compares to say a Richmond Webb? I think getting a guy that can protect Daunte is obviously a must, even if Brown isnt up there with the greatest LTs in the league, having a guy that is really really good and hold down the fort there for a decade to me is well worth a top 10 pick.

How are you mate?

I think Richmond was a better player. But where I think they share similar traits is that where John Sandusky had no qualms about putting Webb in as a rookie, Houck probably wouldn't have any about dropping Levi into the mix early on. Richmond was blessed with enormous strength, fantastic feet and outstanding co-ordination. He was a very, very good pass blocking LT, a finesse guy but with unquestionable power. Similarly, Levi has excellent quickness and body control and is probably meaner than Webb was. Richmond however was a much better technician and Levi does have some technique issues, although as was obvious from Mobile, these are easily coachable. I've been saying for a long time that he was worth the pick and it certainly looks as though he's going to be very high on our wish list.

Boomer
02-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey Boomer, Doesn't that picture of Johnnie Lee going up and snatching the ball out of the air remind you of Mark Clayton(our Mark Clayton). Don't we all gat caught up in measureables, and overlook natural ball skills.
I wish we had a reciever that could out man the other guy and snatch that skin out of the air.

Yeah, he does I suppose. Obviously he's a lot faster than Clayton but they have similar body types. Johnnie Lee looks much smaller than the 6-0, 184 that he is. That deep speed and return ability is going to attract someone on day 1.

ChambersWI
02-19-2007, 07:02 PM
this is OT, but I'm going to b making a player comparison thread. Boomer, would you mind telling me how close the comparisons are?

Boomer
02-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Boomer couple of guys that I would like your insight on:
Joe Staley and Manuel Ramirez where do you think they will be drafted and with whom would you compare them.
Do you think we could get Levi and Kalil.

Staley I like a lot. He has long term starting potential and athletically he's off the charts. At the school pro day last year he ran a legitimate and NFL timed 4.75 forty. At 6'5 and 303lbs!!! What he needs is a year in the weight room. But he's a solid mid 2nd rounder.

Ramirez is a real Houck type G. He's strong physically, strong at the point and an excellent run blocker. He has pass blocking issues and it'll be interesting to see how he measures up in Indy as he has short arms.

Boomer
02-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh and as for Levi and Ryan Kalil......quite possibly. I'm a fan of Doug Datish who you can get later on, but Cam wants that spine.......OC, QB, TB, so you can't rule Ryan out and he's had a very good season.

Boomer
02-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I liKE THE HUSTON PICK, that arkansas team last year was special,,there had to be some reasons as to why that team exploded last year,,best arkansas team i've ever seen.
Mcfadden is special but there's gotta be some other ones as well.

Houston is brilliantly athletic and really excels in man to man. He flips his hips quickly and can change direction at speed. He's physical, strong at the LOS and he likes to throw himself in on run support a la Darrelle Revis. AND he's locked down all the best WR talent in this draft.

Boomer
02-19-2007, 07:20 PM
this is OT, but I'm going to b making a player comparison thread. Boomer, would you mind telling me how close the comparisons are?

Between who, dude?

ckparrothead
02-19-2007, 07:22 PM
to clear something up on Levi Brown, before the year he was considered a top 15 pick. The first half of Penn State's season Morrelli was getting killed so Brown fell (of course, this had more to do ith Brown being the only returning starter from the previous season), and many people (including myself) have questioned his pass blocking ability. He's a great run blocker, but no one knew about his pass blocking so everybody assumed he'd become a RT.

Then down in Mobile, the only guy that gave Brown any trouble was Anthony Spencer who is basically the same type of player former Purdue DEs Roosevelt Colvin and Shaun Phillips were; pure speed rushers. But he's now considered a top 12 pick who could go anywhere from 8(Houston to 12 (Buffalo). With a solid combine, he'll be a top 10 lock (since there's no way Atlanta would pass on him).

I'd love to have this mock, but Houston will not b available in the 2nd, and Higgins might not be available in the 3rd (he's almost as fast as Ginn)

To further clarify, Levi Brown's first three games this year were spectacular. Tony Hunt gained 6.2 yards per carry, and Anthony Morelli was sacked only once. Furthermore, Levi Brown was credited with allowing his blocking assignment to accumulate only one tackle during the entire three-game stretch.

Then they played Ohio State and I'm not clear on whether Brown was responsible for either of the two sacks on Anthony Morelli in that game, but Tony Hunt did gain 135 yards on 24 carries in the game.

Then he took a knee injury (meniscus) in practice and missed two games. Because of the knee injury, he was not able to stay in shape during his time out, and came back against Michigan out of shape and ineffective.

He had a poor game against Michigan, his first game back from the knee injury. I don't know specifically how many sacks he allowed but I'd not be surprised if all three of the sacks he allowed in 2006 came during that game.

He bounced back with his highest blocking grade of the season against Illinois.

From that point on, Morelli did take 10 more sacks in the six-game stretch but I don't know that any were attributed to Levi Brown, and during the stretch Tony Hunt gained 727 yards on 137 carries (5.2 ypc). Supposedly over 60% of Penn State's rushing yardage came off Levi Brown key blocks.

ckparrothead
02-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Staley I like a lot. He has long term starting potential and athletically he's off the charts. At the school pro day last year he ran a legitimate and NFL timed 4.75 forty. At 6'5 and 303lbs!!! What he needs is a year in the weight room. But he's a solid mid 2nd rounder.

Ramirez is a real Houck type G. He's strong physically, strong at the point and an excellent run blocker. He has pass blocking issues and it'll be interesting to see how he measures up in Indy as he has short arms.

My issue with Ramirez is that he doesn't get off the ball. He's slow off the snap and that puts you at a severe disadvantage in the NFL, where the defensive linemen tend to be lightning off the snap, even the real heavy run blockers.

ChambersWI
02-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Between who, dude?

just posted a list. Fairly long, but I think most are pretty accurate

ChambersWI
02-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Houston is brilliantly athletic and really excels in man to man. He flips his hips quickly and can change direction at speed. He's physical, strong at the LOS and he likes to throw himself in on run support a la Darrelle Revis. AND he's locked down all the best WR talent in this draft.

this year has a lot of CBS that are physical and good against the run; Hall,Houston,Revis,Wilson,Jackson

Boomer
02-19-2007, 07:49 PM
My issue with Ramirez is that he doesn't get off the ball. He's slow off the snap and that puts you at a severe disadvantage in the NFL, where the defensive linemen tend to be lightning off the snap, even the real heavy run blockers.

Yeah. If he runs quicker than 5.50 in the 40, I'll be somewhat surprised.

MrClean
02-19-2007, 07:55 PM
No, it's not even a question. He played it for 4 years at Penn State.

That does not mean he can play it with any large degree of success in the NFL.
Brown IMO is a risky pick at #9 if one expects him to just step in and be a solid starter, ala Richmond Webb, from day 1.

ckparrothead
02-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Brown IMO is a risky pick at #9 if one expects him to just step in and be a solid starter, ala Richmond Webb, from day 1.

Agreed but I'm not sure I see a single player set to be available at #9 that I would not be able to say the same about. You and I probably agree that Carriker is the only guy set to be available, that I'm comfortable saying could nail down a starter job from Day 1 without the risk of embarrassment on certain plays.

MrClean
02-19-2007, 07:58 PM
The Jets had 2 #1 picks.

I remember us trying put together a poor man's Webb/Keith Sims draft a few years later but drafting Billy Milner in the 1st and an even bigger reach in the 2nd in Andrew Greene. :tantrum: :tantrum: :fire:

Boomer
02-19-2007, 08:01 PM
drafting Billy Milner in the 1st and an even bigger reach in the 2nd in Andrew Greene. :tantrum: :tantrum: :fire:

** shudders **

MrClean
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Agreed but I'm not sure I see a single player set to be available at #9 that I would not be able to say the same about. You and I probably agree that Carriker is the only guy set to be available, that I'm comfortable saying could nail down a starter job from Day 1 without the risk of embarrassment on certain plays.

Carriker I do agree. Branch could probably start as well at Traylor's old spot and at least hold his own.

As for OL who could start from day 1, Kalil IMO is as likely as any and we may be able to get him on rnd 2.

Please, don't anyone respond with the comment that Kalil is not a Houck type of center, because doing so will only show your ignorance. :tantrum:

MustangFinFan
02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't understand the Fox News reference. I really haven't noticed any
great bias for Bush or the war. I will take Fox news any day of the week
over CNN, whose biased, liberal reporting/opnionating makes me want to vomit. For example, their slam job on Jimmy Carter and his new book was just vile and unwarranted, even Dershowitz carried himself with more class and composure than the CNN people on this matter.

There's clearly a more conservative slant to Fox and a more liberal slant to CNN- some aspects of Fox are just annoying to me, like Bill O'Riley and that little worm Neil Cavuto, but I find it the lesser of two evils, so to speak.

When all is said and done your country is producing, in my opinion, far and away the best news publication in the world- The Economist magazine. It blows away any of the American pablum/bs magazines that our country has to offer, and consists of real, global news and intelligent, fair, opinion. On top of that, the writing is suberb and unparalleled.

omg, *****...i watch Fox News and it is BY FAR, the MOST conservative jargon ive ever seen. everything they say is PRO REPUBLICAN by FAR. i watch CNN all the time, and i dont notice that its liberal...they seem rather fair. but Fox News makes me laugh at how biased they are. RIDICULOUSY biased

Keep the personal attacks to yourself and the politics in the Political Forum, please.

phinphan896
02-19-2007, 08:16 PM
draft gaines adams, if available

phinphan896
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
omg, you sir are an idiot...i watch Fox News and it is BY FAR, the MOST conservative jargon ive ever seen. everything they say is PRO REPUBLICAN by FAR. i watch CNN all the time, and i dont notice that its liberal...they seem rather fair. but Fox News makes me laugh at how biased they are. RIDICULOUSY biased
keep the politics in the political forum

Stitches
02-19-2007, 08:35 PM

The question wasn't whether Brown could be successful at LT, it was whether he could play LT at all. He has shown he can play it, since he played there for 4 years. Who knows if someone will be successful at their respective position in the NFL is an opinion you base off all the material you have to look at. IMO, he will be successful there. Worthy of the 9th pick, a franchise LT, though not necessarily ALL-World like Ogden or Pace though. But that wasn't the question.

phinphan896
02-19-2007, 08:41 PM
The question wasn't whether Brown could be successful at LT, it was whether he could play LT at all. He has shown he can play it, since he played there for 4 years. Who knows if someone will be successful at their respective position in the NFL is an opinion you base off all the material you have to look at. IMO, he will be successful there. Worthy of the 9th pick, a franchise LT, though not necessarily ALL-World like Ogden or Pace though. But that wasn't the question.
we desperately need oline help. the cardinals, oakland and the dolphins have the worst oline. If we had a decent oline we could get ronnie better yardage and give our qb more time. last year was reminiscent of the Wanny days (shudder).

jim1
02-19-2007, 08:44 PM
omg, *****...i watch Fox News and it is BY FAR, the MOST conservative jargon ive ever seen. everything they say is PRO REPUBLICAN by FAR. i watch CNN all the time, and i dont notice that its liberal...they seem rather fair. but Fox News makes me laugh at how biased they are. RIDICULOUSY biased

Keep the personal attacks to yourself and the politics in the Political Forum, please.

I'll keep it short since this isn't the place for it: both Fox and CNN are far from perfect, but I've had it with CNN. If you can't see CNN's bias that's your problem. Arguing about which is better (Fox or CNN) is like arguing about which of two piles of crap stinks the least. And for the record I'm not a fan of the Iraq war, nor am I a fan of Bush.

Two suggestions:

1) Grab a copy of the Economist and check out some real journalism.

2) Let me know where there's a more open forum so I can tell you what I really think of you, I'm getting tired of being suspended on this site.

Stitches
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
we desperately need oline help. the cardinals, oakland and the dolphins have the worst oline. If we had a decent oline we could get ronnie better yardage and give our qb more time. last year was reminiscent of the Wanny days (shudder).

I know, I'm for drafting Brown at 9. I hope he is still there.