PDA

View Full Version : BuffaloBills.com Poll: Which RB will lead the AFCE in rushing?

Gonk
06-17-2003, 09:13 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com

Henry is ahead of course :rolleyes: but Ricky isn't far behind...

Prime Time
06-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Why would you ever go to the devilish site !!

Gonk
06-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
Why would you ever go to the devilish site !!

I actually went to compare Bledsoe's stats with Griese's.

MOULDSROCKS
06-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Miami poll said "who had best offseason" and Miami was way ahead..... fans will be fans.

Barbarian
06-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Miami poll said "who had best offseason" and Miami was way ahead..... fans will be fans.

yeah... and?

Miami had a great offseason... buffalo admittedly had a great offseason as well, so there is some serious debate about who had the better, allthough Miami's biggest moves were more recent so they stand out more in the minds of fans in general.

However, to think that Henry will put up more yards in Buffalos pass-happy offense than Ricky will in Miami's grind it out O...
well, thats just silly. (barring injury of course)

PS: oh I know what Bills fans are going to say, "were going to be more balanced this year" yep, we heard that here in Miami once or twice, it doesn't happen as easily as you would like, especially with a gunslinger like Drew at the helm.

Josh Reed
06-17-2003, 11:39 PM
WE don't have too change we just improved our "D" and that will help tremendously.

Barbarian
06-18-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Josh Reed
WE don't have too change we just improved our "D" and that will help tremendously.

Yep... we Dolphin fans havent heard (and said) that once or twice.

TigerJ
06-18-2003, 10:42 PM
Travis Henry wasn't that far back in the RB rankings last season. It wouldn't take an awful lot for him to up his total another 400-500 yards. It's not a given, and I probably woudn't vote for him to win the rushing title, but Henry's got a chance.

bledsoetomoulds
06-21-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian

Yep... we Dolphin fans havent heard (and said) that once or twice.

So true. How many Marino years did they say"we're gonna take the burden off of Dan". As much as i'd like to see Henry run more, it's tough to tell a slinger as you say like Bledsoe to rein it in. the arm is too much an asset to ignore, especially if the run game sputters early

inFINSible
06-21-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Travis Henry wasn't that far back in the RB rankings last season. It wouldn't take an awful lot for him to up his total another 400-500 yards. It's not a given, and I probably woudn't vote for him to win the rushing title, but Henry's got a chance.

:eek: :rolleyes: :lol:

TigerJ
06-21-2003, 11:44 PM
I'll stand by what I said, Infinsible. There were several games where Buffalo got behind early last year and gave up trying to run the ball. Travis Henry had several games where he ran under 50 yards I think. Arguably, Buffalo could have the defence to keep them in games this year. Hence they may have fewer games or even no games where they give up on the run. They will have continuity on their offensive line, something they've lacked for a long time with injuries and older declining players prior to last year. For Henry to net 500 additional yards he would have to average about 31 additional yards per game. A good chunk of that could come in a handful of games just by the Bills doing things more consistently this year. I think Henry will have probably 300 more yards this season than last. That probably won't get him the AFCE title, but he will give Ricky a run for his money.

muddaconch
06-22-2003, 02:21 AM
Keep dreaming.

Henry is not as durable as Ricky is. He couldn't handle as many carries as ricky gets and is going to get this year (400). Plus, there is a reason that the Bills brought in a change of pace back - Olandis Gary (right??)

bledsoetomoulds
06-22-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by muddaconch
Keep dreaming.

Henry is not as durable as Ricky is. He couldn't handle as many carries as ricky gets and is going to get this year (400). Plus, there is a reason that the Bills brought in a change of pace back - Olandis Gary (right??)

Right, Henry isn't as durable, plus he needs to get rid of the fumbling problem. Hopefully Gary provides the tough up the middle yards, but if Henry fumbles often, there's a big problemo

XoPhinsoX
06-22-2003, 12:32 PM
Ricky could easy have 31 extra yards a game too ;).

He had those 2 big bust out games for 200, but he also had some games under 100.

baccarat
06-22-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Josh Reed

Could those photos of Drew McQueen be any larger? Isn't there a limit on size?

TigerJ
06-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Notice I have not predicted Travis Henry will take the AFC rushing title. I think Ricky Williams stands a good chance to repeat. What I said is that Travis Henry could give him a run for his money. I think Henry will raise his total yards for the season to something in excess of 1700. Maybe Ricky will raise his output too. We'll see.

I think that Henry has the best chance of any back in the AFCE to unseat Williams. At 30 I don't think Curtis Martin has enough left to do it, and I don't think Antowain Smith ever had enough ability to do it. Again, I'm not predicting Henry will win the title, but if he doesn't beat out Williams, no one else will.

BTW, Buffalo brought in Olandis Gary not because of any premonition that Henry can't handle the load. They gave up on Shawn Bryson and didn't feel they had anyone on the roster they were comfortable with in a regular backup role to replace him. It is true that Tom Donahoe is cognizant of Henry's fumbling problem last year. If it reappears, then all bets about what Henry could do are off. I don't think the drafting of Willis McGahee has anything to do with Buffalo's assessment of Henry's abilities though the fumbling may have crossed Donahoe's mind. That was more a matter of Donahoe deciding that McGahee, with his gamebreaking ability represented a better value where Buffalo picked than the players at need positions who were left in the draft even with his injury situation.