PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper Not The Answer

diehardfin
02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
culpepper is not the answer we need a QB:dolphins:

daniel3
02-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Could you use your crystal ball to tell me the lotto numbers for next week?

IluvSundays
02-19-2007, 07:35 PM
wow this post is informative

feelthepain
02-19-2007, 07:36 PM

How many fingers am I holding up??

endorPHINS72
02-19-2007, 07:36 PM
I have legitimate doubts as to whether or not Daunte is the answer too, but since we invested a 2nd round pick in him and as hard as he's worked to come back from his injury, I'm sure Coach Cameron and the rest of the offensive staff are evaluating his progress to see if he can play in this league again.

TotoreMexico
02-19-2007, 07:43 PM

Post of the week!

unluckyluciano
02-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Post of the week!
Post of the week about the post of the week!

CitizenSnips
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Eric Mangini's a fatty fatty fat fat.

sensation24
02-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Since this is the worst thread ever, does anyone think Cameron will make an even better Qb than he was the years he dominated? I mean think about it, who has culpepper ever had to mentor him in which he was so successful in the past? Just think about how good he could be with knowledge from someone like Cameron who has already worked with Qbs like rivers and brees that weren't as good as C-Pep in the beginning.

marcodolphin
02-19-2007, 08:26 PM
this thread sucks

trate121hb
02-19-2007, 08:40 PM
this thread was better than going to see the dalai lama...such great words of wisdom

Vertical Limit
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
:lastyr:

Thank you for stating the obvious.

Caldolfan
02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Culpepper is the answer, who do you want, Quinn? Give me a break.

slyfox13
02-19-2007, 09:10 PM
[quote=diehardfin;1061817175]culpepper is not the answer we need a QB:dolphins:[/quote your insight is awesome :sidelol:

Finfang
02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
This is a serious question and I'm not here to bash anyone.

What has Daunte Culpepper done for the Miami Dolphins that drives Dolphin fans to remain loyal to him?

I keep hearing 2004 this and 2004 that. I just can't see it.

I have been accused of not being a true fan over this issue. I have been a Fin fan my whole life but I am a realist and I see him as damaged goods.

I would really be interested in logical reasons.

Thanks

rob19
02-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Since this is the worst thread ever, does anyone think Cameron will make an even better Qb than he was the years he dominated? I mean think about it, who has culpepper ever had to mentor him in which he was so successful in the past? Just think about how good he could be with knowledge from someone like Cameron who has already worked with Qbs like rivers and brees that weren't as good as C-Pep in the beginning.

:woot: a decent post in this thread. To answer your question, ive always wondered about the tutelage Daunte has recieved throughout his career, drafted by Dennis Green, whom i do not consider to be a QB guru, and then Mike Tice. I do not know of any of their coordinaters so i cant comment on that but i doubt there as good or well rounded as Cam is with the Quarterback position. I imagine he will only help, i personally cant wait to see everyone eating crow at seasons start, can you? :lol:

Crowder52
02-19-2007, 09:27 PM

What has Daunte Culpepper done for the Miami Dolphins that drives Dolphin fans to remain loyal to him?

I have been accused of not being a true fan over this issue. I have been a Fin fan my whole life but I am a realist and I see him as damaged goods.

Thanks

Finfang, realism is usually not appreciated on these forums. I gave my opinion last week that the Dolphins were 3 years away from being competitive and I was told I wasn't a true fan, etc, just for giving my honest opinion.

You are absolutely correct about Culpepper. He hasn't done anything worth mentioning in 2 years now. As a fan, I hope he can regain that early millennium form. As a logical person, I don't see it happening.

tmny99
02-19-2007, 09:52 PM

One star is a compliment.

Geforce
02-19-2007, 09:56 PM
:woot: a decent post in this thread. To answer your question, ive always wondered about the tutelage Daunte has recieved throughout his career, drafted by Dennis Green, whom i do not consider to be a QB guru, and then Mike Tice. I do not know of any of their coordinaters so i cant comment on that but i doubt there as good or well rounded as Cam is with the Quarterback position. I imagine he will only help, i personally cant wait to see everyone eating crow at seasons start, can you? :lol:
Daunte received some coaching from Scott Linehan who was Minnesota's offensive coordinator/quarterback coach.

fish fan 4 life
02-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Great post.I agree with you.

RoninFin4
02-19-2007, 10:05 PM
No one really knows about Daunte at this point. I know a lot of people on here have seen me rant about bringing in Quinn. Something kinda hit me about him and Daunte today. Drafting Quinn could be the spark needed to light the fire under Daunte's arse, provided his knee's fully recovered, that will help him become a more cereberal Quarterback under Cameron and Shea, who's already been tutoring Quinn in preparation for the combine/workouts coming up.

While I think we all, my self included, and yes I'll eat my crow if it happens, would like to see Daunte return to that 2004 form. Cleo Lemon is a player that I think we all have come to respect after his gutsy game and a half performance to close out Satan's tenure here, similar to the appreciation we all have with Wes Welker, but I really only see Lemon as a nice #2 down the line, not a true starter in the league, though stranger things have happen.

Odds are iffy, at this point at least, that Daunte or Lemon emerges as the stud QB to take us back to the playoffs, thus drafting Quinn covers our Quarterback bases 1-3 so to speak. Quinn could be a Carson Palmer/Philip Rivers type. Sit on the bench for a year and learn from the offense Cameron runs. Palmer and Rivers also seemed to light a fire under the predecessors in Cincinnati and San Diego respectively, Drew Brees - now a Pro Bowler, and Jon Kitna, who had one of his finer season's his last year as the starter in Cincy, which more than likely led to the chance he's getting to learn the Martz offense up in Detroit despite having to young guns in McCown and Orlovsky behind him.

Hopefully Quinn can do the same here with Daunte. If so, then we've got a nice little problem on our hands, a much better problem at QB than we've got now. If not, Quinn steps in and takes over the reigns and gets his chance to try and become the franchise QB we've lacked since ole' #13 was last here.

Obviously, taking Quinn/trading up to get him eliminates us drafting a potential starter this year, though we got burned by Jason Allen last year. But hopefully, having a 1-3 QB depth chart of Culpepper, Quinn, Lemon, whatever the order may be, and having a home-grown QB around here again will outweigh the cost of that missing player down the road and then some.

aleta
02-19-2007, 10:24 PM
I will cry!!
There is so mucho hate in this forum, if i said something that somebody will discuss with me, that i'm wrong, I WILL CRY!! i can not handle it. Don' be a wusss!! If DC sucks , them he SUCKS!!, if he is a MVP QB, then he is!!, the matter of fact is ,that everybody can gave opinion on DC & on everything they want. If you post, you need to be ready for some croosfire!!, Some will be on your side, other will not. Don't cry about been told something diferent.GO DOLPHINS!!

Ps, Love DC, but he have not prove anything to me or to this org. The only thing he has proof is to have legs, for running to cash his check. Not hearing about cutting his paycheck, for salary cap porpuses. Not taking one for the Phins?, i will not take one for him!!

fish fan 4 life
02-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I will cry!!
There is so mucho hate in this forum, if i said something that somebody will discuss with me, that i'm wrong, I WILL CRY!! i can not handle it. Don' be a wusss!! If DC sucks , them he SUCKS!!, if he is a MVP QB, then he is!!, the matter of fact is ,that everybody can gave opinion on DC & on everything they want. If you post, you need to be ready for some croosfire!!, Some will be on your side, other will not. Don't cry about been told something diferent.GO DOLPHINS!!

Ps, Love DC, but he have not prove anything to me or to this org. The only thing he has proof is to have legs, for running to cash his check. Not hearing about cutting his paycheck, for salary cap porpuses. Not taking one for the Phins?, i will not take one for him!!Easy killa

Finfang
02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
I will cry!!

Ps, Love DC, but he have not prove anything to me or to this org. The only thing he has proof is to have legs, for running to cash his check. Not hearing about cutting his paycheck, for salary cap porpuses. Not taking one for the Phins?, i will not take one for him!!

Wha?

We know about the croosfire!

Spinelord
02-19-2007, 11:05 PM

Thanks

What he has done is cost us the opportunity for a good young player that a second round pick would've brought to the team-for that, we are obliged to give him at least one fair totally injury free shot at starting QB-yes he had a couple good years-no, I don't personally think he's the answer-and FYI, he looked good to me at the beginning of August in training camp and I feel that Nick's excuses, like much of what he said, were BS-still, he MIGHT prove us wrong and turn CC or Hagan into the next Randy in Minny-worth a shot or at least a fair chance against Cleo, Joey, and uuuhhhh....whoever

miami234ever
02-19-2007, 11:28 PM
I think he's the answer for about 2 more years. Then our franchise QB will take over. (Hopefully it's Quinn)

phinphan4life
02-19-2007, 11:54 PM

:sleep::shootself

67Stang
02-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Mrs. Lippy's car is green. Billy drinks soda

malzj
02-20-2007, 12:53 AM

Thanks

What has any of our qbs shown since Dan Marino? We gave Fiedler a bunch of yrs yet we give a former probowl qb four games??

rick32883
02-20-2007, 01:14 AM
wow i thought i was confused and at a standstill with whether or not he could be the guy .. but after this post i'm so enlightened thank you!

Delfin 22
02-20-2007, 01:22 AM

:sidelol: :sidelol:

very.....very....clever haha

67Stang
02-20-2007, 01:29 AM

If it wasn't for the spinny helmet guy, this thread would have no substance.

Aussiefinfan54
02-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Eric Mangini's a fatty fatty fat fat.

:sidelol: :sidelol:

finsUK
02-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Some people feel the need to say something just to fill the silence.

O'townPhinFan
02-20-2007, 09:25 AM

"I love lamp!!!!"

:shakeno:

twanderer
02-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Hmm., so who would you have as QB?

O'townPhinFan
02-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Hmm., so who would you have as QB?

I know this is off topic, and rightfully so do to the post and all, but.....That is one nice avatar!!!!

:goof: :cooldude:

unluckyluciano
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Finfang, realism is usually not appreciated on these forums. I gave my opinion last week that the Dolphins were 3 years away from being competitive and I was told I wasn't a true fan, etc, just for giving my honest opinion.

You are absolutely correct about Culpepper. He hasn't done anything worth mentioning in 2 years now. As a fan, I hope he can regain that early millennium form. As a logical person, I don't see it happening.
Does it seem a little illogical to take a 3 time pro bowl qb and say he has finished due to 11 games in 2 years he has played?
On another note I never understood why people feel the need to pat themselves on the back by saying how realistic they are.

tay0365
02-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Culpepper is the answer, who do you want, Quinn? Give me a break.

Actually Pepper is the short term answer If he can come back from his injury), and Quinn could be our long term answer.

The Lottery numbers for tonight will be 12-16-28-35-47-89...:confused: What? there is no #89 in the Lottory......sorry about that

diehardfin
02-20-2007, 02:33 PM

Thanks <This is exactly what i am saying
The guy makes bad pre snap reads there for he either doesnt get rid of the ball (gets sacked) or he tries to force it in to double coverage (gets picked)
for me i think that watching a once great franchise keep settling for losing seasons is a dissappointment. we need to win now as huizinga said. pepper is not going to be the man to get us there.