PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Miami Select At #9????

southjerzmastax
02-20-2007, 08:04 AM
I just want to see everyone opinion on who they think will get picked at #9....my opinion i think its going to be Brady Quinn, Branch or Laron Landry...thats who i think will be picked at #9 one of those three that i just posted...

DownUnderFin13
02-20-2007, 08:16 AM
I think in the end it will eventually be Alan Branch.:dolphins:

jetsh8r
02-20-2007, 08:55 AM
I really can't see us taking a safety two years in a row. I can see either a top back or qb being there and us moving down 5 or 6 spots and us getting another first next year or a second this year and then us taking a lb or maybe a corner. I am hoping we cna trade down to about 23 or 25 and take the center out of USC.

Boomer
02-20-2007, 08:57 AM
It will be either:

Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Calvin Johnson
Ted Ginn Jr
Dwayne Bowe
Robert Meacham
Levi Brown
Alan Branch
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Amobi Okoye
Darrelle Revis
Chris Houston
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson.

I'm not sure I can see many more troubling that list. Jarrett is a split end and we have Booker and Hagan there, Ben Grubbs isn't going in the top 10, 9 is too high for Sidney Rice and Tank Tyler, I can't see us picking Patrick Willis at 9. Lawrence Timmons is a maybe, but 9 is too high unless he does something amazing in Indy and Leon Hall's stock is falling like Enron's.

dolfanrodney
02-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Well since we are still beating a dead horse with the same question that has been asked more times then the number of people served on a McDonalds sign I still say if Dwayne Jarrett is there at 9 Cam is taking him. There are are as many questions on offense as there is on defense and im sure Cam will get guys like Vonnie, Bell, and maybe a Nate Clemants signed once several guys redo their contracts. Cam being an offensive guy is gonna want firepower and providing he sticks with Daunte or Joey he will want a homerun hitter at WR. He had average WR's in SanDiego and look what he did there with the passing game. IMO last year we had better WR's then them and if we add Jarrett that makes us a real threat to do damage down the field which will also make Ronnie a better back and if u throw Ricky into the mix we would have weapons all around. Imagine Jarrett along with Chambers( they would not be able to take them both out of the game) then u throw in our go to guy from this past year Booker and then maybe Welker if they resign him, sounds like a pretty potent offense which will help the defense stay fresher also.

EndZone13
02-20-2007, 09:18 AM
It will be either:

Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Calvin Johnson
Ted Ginn Jr
Dwayne Bowe
Robert Meacham
Levi Brown
Alan Branch
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Amobi Okoye
Darrelle Revis
Chris Houston
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson.

I'm not sure I can see many more troubling that list. Jarrett is a split end and we have Booker and Hagan there, Ben Grubbs isn't going in the top 10, 9 is too high for Sidney Rice and Tank Tyler, I can't see us picking Patrick Willis at 9. Lawrence Timmons is a maybe, but 9 is too high unless he does something amazing in Indy and Leon Hall's stock is falling like Enron's.

Amobi Okoye
He has the biggest upside of anybody on that list that will fall to us. Whoever selects him will be a "genius" for years. He will also help take away more points than most of the offensive players on that list would contribute based on the talent the Dolphins have already waiting to start. It will take brass for Randy and Cam to draft him, but they should make that decision. Other players to fill our needed positions will be available later for less. This young man will not hold out, he never had money, so he will be ready to contribute much like Adewale Ogunleye did. He will be better than Wale was when he was here from day one.
:dolphins:

ohiobryan
02-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Brady Quinn!

ROCHESTERPHISH
02-20-2007, 09:52 AM
okoye

malzj
02-20-2007, 10:03 AM
It will be either:

Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Calvin Johnson
Ted Ginn Jr
Dwayne Bowe
Robert Meacham
Levi Brown
Alan Branch
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Amobi Okoye
Darrelle Revis
Chris Houston
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson.

I take it your assuming that some of those guys shoot up in the draft once the combine is over, guys like Meacham.

If we take a receiver in the first round it has got to be a guy that does it all. Can run great routes, has good hands, and can run like the wind. He has got to be considered NFL ready and grabbing a guy like Ted Gin Jr. who people feel he has a ton of potential will be a huge gamble and a mistake. Santonio Holmes was the NFL ready guy and he did a fairly descent job his first year returning kicks and caught very few td passes.

twanderer
02-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Alan Branch and I will be one happy "selfishly" camper cause he a family friend BUT I believe he is tallented as well!

Motion
02-20-2007, 10:05 AM
It will be either:

Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Calvin Johnson
Ted Ginn Jr
Dwayne Bowe
Robert Meacham
Levi Brown
Alan Branch
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Amobi Okoye
Darrelle Revis
Chris Houston
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson.

Pretty much sums it up right there.

Boomer
02-20-2007, 10:12 AM
I take it your assuming that some of those guys shoot up in the draft once the combine is over, guys like Meacham.

Of course. But Meach has that in his armoury. Houston is rising as fast as anyone in the draft.

montrealfinfan
02-20-2007, 10:17 AM
dosen't the gm really want Quinn, so im feeling quinn

Stitches
02-20-2007, 10:20 AM

If we take a receiver in the first round it has got to be a guy that does it all. Can run great routes, has good hands, and can run like the wind. He has got to be considered NFL ready and grabbing a guy like Ted Gin Jr. who people feel he has a ton of potential will be a huge gamble and a mistake. Santonio Holmes was the NFL ready guy and he did a fairly descent job his first year returning kicks and caught very few td passes.

Meachem has all those things. I would take him over an WR in this draft that isn't named Calvin Johnson.

Motion
02-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Meachem has all those things. I would take him over any WR in this draft that isn't named Calvin Johnson.

:yeahthat:

Boone
02-20-2007, 10:26 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/20061107okoyelarge-1.jpg

Vegas dolfan
02-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Ted Ginn Jr.

Motion
02-20-2007, 11:11 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/25668250-1.jpg

Stitches
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2006-09/25668250.jpg

Hey, that guy kind of looks like you. :chuckle:

Motion
02-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey, that guy kind of looks like you. :chuckle:

:yes: Thats why I like him so much, we were separated at birth.

2413fanphins
02-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I would like to think we would take an OL. No way does joe thomas fall to us but that would be ideal.

QB... I agree with what somebody stated earlier that the hole can be filled in later rounds. I would like to trade our #9 for more picks anyway.

RB... No chance.

WR... I think we would have had to do something with either welker, booker or chambers... as drafting another would load us up bigtime at this position.

DE... I like okoye a lot... I am pretty sure he is a DE.. but than what do we do with roth, a guy I think did fantastic last year in limited playing time. Time to let him start. I doubt he could be moved to OLB, unless okoye could move there.

DT... what about the wright bros.. I am excited about rodrique, I hope he comes back healthy and I think he will. I have heard rumors manny could be back as well.

OLB.. this one kind of makes sense. Were gonna need one if were moving to the 3-4. Unless we get one in FA.

CB... this is also a glaring issue we had last year. I think our guys were young, but maybe cam looks to get rid of sabans guys and bring in one he likes.

S... I hate to do this two years in a row, but there are some stud safeties out there. I think nelson is a S, landry would be nice. Is aaron ross from texas a S, is he even in the draft? If so, we could prolly target him in the second.

Stitches
02-20-2007, 11:33 AM
:yes: Thats why I like him so much, we were separated at birth.

Maybe you can get some royalties by suing him for stealing your likeness. :wink:

Motion
02-20-2007, 11:35 AM
S... I hate to do this two years in a row, but there are some stud safeties out there. I think nelson is a S, landry would be nice. Is aaron ross from texas a S, is he even in the draft? If so, we could prolly target him in the second.

Nelson can play both Safety and Corner, played Free Safety last season at Florida.

Aaron Ross is a pure Corner.

HULKFish
02-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Well... I guess I'll say the right thing here:

I think we take whoever gives us the most upside and value at that pick. Based on the criteria of the coaching staff. I would feel it would need to be an offensive player with the first pick, namely Brady Quinn if we are so fortunate.

After watching the Walter Payton special last night on NFL network it would be reminiscent of when Ditka took over as the Bears coach. Of course Ronnie isn't nearly established as the Sweetness was but it still reminds me of that...

phinfan13/34
02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Alan Branch and I will be one happy "selfishly" camper cause he a family friend BUT I believe he is tallented as well!

Enough draft questions, now to the real question. Who's that girl in your avatar man? Are there more pics somewhere you can share? I know she's not you so dont even say that :goof: Anyhow smoking hot finheaven chick to say the least.

BlueFin
02-20-2007, 11:53 AM
It will be either:

Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Calvin Johnson
Ted Ginn Jr
Dwayne Bowe
Robert Meacham
Levi Brown
Alan Branch
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Amobi Okoye
Darrelle Revis
Chris Houston
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson.

Do you really see Bowe, Meacham or Houston's stock rising enough to warrant the 9th pick?

I also don't see a scenario where Calvin Johnson slips to 9.

Other than that, I think your list about covers it.

I'm going to say it ends up being Okoye or Branch.

MustangFinFan
02-20-2007, 11:59 AM
these threads are made everyday:lol:

but to answer ur question ill give my long input:

QB: No way...please dont take a QB...we have Culpeper/Harrington/Lemon...and sad to say even Vick and Matthews. NEXT YEAR, ill trade our first 3 picks to get to #1 and draft Brian Brohm.

RB: No way...enough said.

WR: Chambers/Booker/Welker/Hagan...they CAN perform well, they just need to have bricks thrown at them and learn to catch better. If we pick a receiver, we should pick one in the later rounds or sign Daunte Stallworth. WR is just NOT our biggest need in the 1st, unless its Calvin Johnson.

TE: No way...

LT: I think D-Mac is a good LT...we also have Alabi grooming, but most people say he is terrible so far...i wouldnt be opposed to drafting Levi Brown at #9.

LG: Id rather take care of this with either Deilman/Steinbach or Dockery.

C: Nah...Hadnot, McKinney or a 2nd rounder on Kalil is fine.

RG: No...Shelton performed well here.

RT: Carey...enough said.

DL: Whats with people thinking we should take a DL? Roth/Evans/M. Wright/R.Wright and a backup Vickerson and Bowens is solid to me...in a year or two. If we chose Gaines Adams or Okoye, id want him purely for OLB purposes.

OLB: If we dont get Adalius Thomas...we could, like i said, draft Gaines Adams or Okoye to play OLB...id rather wait until the 2nd and pick Lamar Woodley to play OLB.

ILB: Not yet...next year we can pick Zach Thomas's successor.

CB: Will Allen, Andre Goodman, Will Poole (if hes healthy), Travis Daniels...they are all average if u ask me...i wouldnt be opposed to drafting a 1st rounder here, a shutdown corner...Chris Houston? UNLESS we can sign an FA like Nate Clements...then forget about drafting a DB of any kind.

FS: Jason Allen...BUT...i would be quite happy to pick Laron Landry with our 1st, and move Jason Allen to CB.

SS: Im fine with Yeremiah Bell and Renaldo Hill.

K: Sorry u dont pick a Kicker at #9.

P: With a first round pick? You know there are psychiatrists out there who can help you...its okay.

In all...i feel we need to focus on OFFENSE more. Our defense was #4 in the league last year...but that doesnt mean im opposed to an OLB, CB, or FS. Like i said, unless we can sign an FA like Nate Clements..if we do that, as much as im lovin Landry...if we get Clements, i think we will have solidified our DB unit..i think the most important position is probably an O-lineman. They played well in the last half of the year...but they are inconsistent, one game they rock...the next game they...unrock. :lol:

Boomer
02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Do you really see Bowe, Meacham or Houston's stock rising enough to warrant the 9th pick?

I also don't see a scenario where Calvin Johnson slips to 9.

Other than that, I think your list about covers it.

I'm going to say it ends up being Okoye or Branch.

I think Bowe has a chance depending on how he runs. Meacham too. Unlikely, but they have a shot. They have teh chance to become Chad Johnson types. And if Miami thinks that's the case, well, you pull the trigger. Many people thought Donte Whitner was 7/10 picks too high last year and all he did was start 16 games and look like a future Pro Bowler.

Houston is really rising quickly. And the Combine is really going to play in his favour. Athletically he should run really well, test really well and when you flick on the tapes, you see a guy with good size, who loves the physical aspect of the game, who is very strong at the LOS, who comes up and plays the run really well and who can really man to man cover your best guy and shut them down. Just ask Meacham, Jarrett, etc.

I also don't see a scenario where EITHER Johnson or Thomas fall to 9, but it's worth putting them in anyway, otherwise people will be posting saying:

"why didn't you put Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas?" ;)

PhinfanUK
02-20-2007, 12:37 PM
If Quinn or Russell are there at #9 then I don't see us passing up on them. If they aren't then I see us taking Okoye or Levi Brown or trading down to target Timmons or either of the Georgia ends

MassFinFan06
02-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Brady Quinn!!:tank::tank::lifter::lifter:

FINSFAN2781
02-20-2007, 05:48 PM
It will be Brady Quinn. We will all just have to accept it.

Caldolfan
02-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Any one as long as it is not Quinn, we need to many other positions filled.

Sean
02-20-2007, 05:53 PM
I just want to see everyone opinion on who they think will get picked at #9....my opinion i think its going to be Brady Quinn, Branch or Laron Landry...thats who i think will be picked at #9 one of those three that i just posted...

poll?

MustangFinFan
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
It will be Brady Quinn. We will all just have to accept it.

no, say it isnt so! it cant be! i cant accept it man...i.....just...cant:boohoo:

NorthFloridaFin
02-20-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm kind of hoping it's Ted Ginn. Someone who can return kicks with a good average does wonders for your offense. Good field positon means better opportunity for points on the board. And he would also give us a legitimate deep threat on the outside, so that way we could move Chambers back to the slot.

MustangFinFan
02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm kind of hoping it's Ted Ginn. Someone who can return kicks with a good average does wonders for your offense. Good field positon means better opportunity for points on the board. And he would also give us a legitimate deep threat on the outside, so that way we could move Chambers back to the slot.

i never thought about that idea...Ted Ginn for kick returning purposes also. but isnt Wes Welker a really good return man?

Stitches
02-20-2007, 06:18 PM
i never thought about that idea...Ted Ginn for kick returning purposes also. but isnt Wes Welker a really good return man?

No. Welker is a bad kick returner, and an average punt returner.

DaPoppaP23
02-20-2007, 06:27 PM
I would want either Laron Landry, Alan Branch, or Brady Quinn.

cullenbigcstill
02-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Amobi Okoye
He has the biggest upside of anybody on that list that will fall to us. Whoever selects him will be a "genius" for years. He will also help take away more points than most of the offensive players on that list would contribute based on the talent the Dolphins have already waiting to start. It will take brass for Randy and Cam to draft him, but they should make that decision. Other players to fill our needed positions will be available later for less. This young man will not hold out, he never had money, so he will be ready to contribute much like Adewale Ogunleye did. He will be better than Wale was when he was here from day one.
:dolphins:

the problem with okoye is his age. at 19 are you really ready to play in the NFL. He played in the Big East and played great but I'm not sure if he's mentally ready for the big show...look at Manny wright. He is the true definition of Risk vs Reward. he could be a future beast but could become a bust cuz it's a mentally challenging league. we will find out. Oh and I am not opposed to selecting him we need 3 or 4 more good drafts to be expecting great things.
[/quote]

MNFINFAN
02-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I just read that Okoye is 19 years old, and has played a Louisville for 4 years!!!!! How is this possible?? He must be a beast. :eek:

10. A once-in-a-lifetime player: Louisville defensive tackle Amobi Okoye had the look of a top-10 player at the Senior Bowl. The amazing part is that he's only 19 years old. If his body can hold up, he could get three huge contracts during his career if he plays well. Okoye played four years at Louisville and kept getting better every year. If he signs a five-year deal, he will be hitting free agency at the age of 24, an age many players are just starting their NFL careers. He's underclassman age with a college degree. Amazing.

Motion
02-22-2007, 04:27 PM
I just read that Okoye is 19 years old, and has played a Louisville for 4 years!!!!! How is this possible?? He must be a beast. :eek:

He's smart. Tested out of alot of things when he moved here from Africa.