PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Fighter 5 for PS3 or 360

Scatman
02-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Hey guys my girl got me a ps3 for for Christmas and Ive hardly touched the thing - so i was thinking of getting Virtua Fighter 5 for it. Im crazy to play something on that thing and VF is sweet fighting game.

But then I heard that itll be out this Summer for 360. I dont know what the imporvements will be, but i figure they gotta be minor. The only thing is im kinda into those achievement points and i would get none for the ps3.

What do you think, get the ps3 version or be a patient little boy and get the 360 one?

Phin-o-rama
02-20-2007, 11:53 AM
up to you both will look awesome....what kind of online play does the ps3 feature vs 360?

is rumble important to you at all? in a fighting game could be cool...

mor911
02-20-2007, 11:57 AM
neither! mwhahahahah! kidding. I'd wait to see how well the online component is done on the PS3.

Scatman
02-20-2007, 12:16 PM
they said theres no online mode in either version, but there might be soem sort of leader board type thing on the 360.

FinsNCanes
02-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Go get Resistance. That's a fun game and I'm sure it's pretty cool online.

I never really liked Virtua Fighter. Always a Soul Calibur/Mortal Kombat fan.

The "main" reason I've yet to get a ps3 is (would wait till March anyway) I want to see how well the online stability is compared to XBL. Do they patch regularly, does it lag often? I don't care to much about DLing demos and movies. I've heard mixed reviews on the ps3 online.

footballer
02-20-2007, 10:19 PM
man, acheivement points almost make sure you get it for the 360. thats usually the deciding factor in my purchases...
sucks, but what are you gonna do? not get those easy points on your gamertag this summer? when madden comes out, which version will you get? 360 w/ achevmnt points, or ps3 w/o?
imo bro.
peace.

footballer
02-20-2007, 10:21 PM
they said theres no online mode in either version, but there might be soem sort of leader board type thing on the 360.

dude, xbox live is their thing..the online thing is what their about...
i would suspect it will have some sort of online play for the 360...if not, then it doesnt matter which you pick..
controller preference i would imagine..

Scatman
02-20-2007, 10:45 PM
damn im getting it for ps3, i called todqay to see if they got it in and itll be in tomorow but the guy gave me 5 bucks off just for preordering it.... so i said sure.

screw the achievment points this time. i got crackdown too.

mor911
02-21-2007, 12:41 PM
They make such a HUGE deal about the game loading the first time you put it in... There isn't very many PC games this day and age that install in under 10 minutes.

Scatman
02-21-2007, 12:54 PM
They make such a HUGE deal about the game loading the first time you put it in... There isn't very many PC games this day and age that install in under 10 minutes.

true.. if you put it that way... makes it alright.

hopefully ill be able to pick this one up tonight.

mor911
02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
So yeah... that VF5 sure looks cool. :wink:

Dolfan5000
02-22-2007, 10:32 AM
So yeah... that VF5 sure looks cool. :wink:
LOL
thanks Mor.

Mindwarp
02-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Mor, IMO next time issue warning points.
you are to nice, and if I have to come in here and do it im going to layeth the smacketh downeth

Phin-o-rama
02-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Mor, IMO next time issue warning points.
you are to nice, and if I have to come in here and do it im going to layeth the smacketh downeth

i agree...i felt attacked and was defending myself.

and next time maybe you should pm that to mor, he is doing fine without you flexing your muscles :tongue:

Dolfan5000
02-22-2007, 10:41 AM

and next time maybe you should pm that to mor, he is doing fine without you flexing your muscles :tongue:
:sidelol:

Anyway, I'm going to pick up VF5 and the end of the week. Schoolwork is heavy this week.

VF4 for the PS2 was a deep fighting game. The gameplay was pretty swift and agile for early PS2 gaming. I'm willing to bet more of the same for VF5.

Mindwarp
02-22-2007, 10:46 AM

maybe I should take away you access to the Gaming forum and walk around in here with no shirt on and flex all day long?

want to play?

Phin-o-rama
02-22-2007, 10:49 AM
no you play dirty

and vf5 looks awesome

Scatman
02-22-2007, 01:55 PM
yo guys.

the games freaking awesome, graphics are unbelievable, i had onyl seen this game in video...and no video does it justice.

so far i really like it, plays tight. really wish i had someone to play with, my friends and brothers....dont have the patience for this type of game.... there more doa and soul caliber fans.

also, gotta admit wen i acplompish things in the game... i really miss unlocking achievments...kinda lame to say... but ms did a nice job with that.

i really wish sony would jump in soon.

Phin-o-rama
02-22-2007, 03:19 PM
yeah achievements were a very good idea...

Sethdaddy8
02-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey guys my girl got me a ps3 for for Christmas and Ive hardly touched the thing - so i was thinking of getting Virtua Fighter 5 for it. Im crazy to play something on that thing and VF is sweet fighting game.

But then I heard that itll be out this Summer for 360. I dont know what the imporvements will be, but i figure they gotta be minor. The only thing is im kinda into those achievement points and i would get none for the ps3.

What do you think, get the ps3 version or be a patient little boy and get the 360 one?

marry her