PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Draft Kidden Gems

RealDriscoll
02-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Players who should fall out of the first 2 rounds that are going to be goo players.......

-Kareem Brown DT Miami
-Josh Wilson CB Maryland
-David Clowney WR Virginia Tech
-Dan Mozes C/G West Virginia
-Lorenzo Booker RB Florida State
-Marcus Thomas DT Florida
-Audra Allison WR ECU
-Kevin Kolb QB Houston
-Adam Podlesh P Maryland
-Justin Medlock K UCLA
-Ryne Robinson WR/KR Miami Ohio

D-Rock
02-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Marcus Thomas from Florida? i really don't think he's a hidden gem, he was a 1st rounder 'till he got kicked outta school

Motion
02-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Who's Kidden?

The draft is serious business!

:chuckle:

MustangFinFan
02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
marcus thomas is a pure first round talent who will probably be drafted in the 5th or 6th due to being kicked out. If he's there in the 5th (thanks Joey), NO WAY do we pass on him. Dan Mozes of West Virginia is also a really good center who i believe is one of the best...he will also probably go later...if hes there in the 4th, i wouldnt pass on him. Justin Medlock is a kicker...if we pass on Mason Crosby, then id like to pickup Justin Medlock.

i wouldnt worry about Kolb or the runningback. probably a receiver is worth looking for.

cigar
02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Players who should fall out of the first 2 rounds that are going to be goo players.......

-Kareem Brown DT Miami
-Josh Wilson CB Maryland
-Audra Allison WR ECU
-Kevin Kolb QB Houston
-Adam Podlesh P Maryland
-Justin Medlock K UCLA

excellent analysis :confused:

PhinsFanDan
02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
!!!!!!!!!! Josh Wilson !!!!!!!!!!!
this guy will be a good solid miami dolphins player. plz draft him:wink:

invertedboarder
02-20-2007, 01:42 PM
J.D Nelson FS and Brent haberly OLB - Oregon

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 02:07 PM
The story is out on Josh Wilson and Kareem Brown. Don't be surprised if either is drafted in round two.

Wilson is aiming to crack the 4.20 barrier at the Combine. He won't do it, but that in itself illustrates how fast he is. He didn't look good at the Senior Bowl, but that is what coaching is for, or so goes the common thought. He's impressive on tape, openly being compared to Tye Hill (although I do not like the comparison).

Kareem Brown is getting a lot of attention especially after an impressive Senior Bowl showing. He's one of those rare big men that move real well and the name of his game is versatility.

Marcus Thomas is the biggest enigma. This guy was easily the best defensive tackle in the country whenever I watched him on film...even better than Alan Branch, though not as physically impressive from a size standpoint. But the guy is a drug user, by all appearances was a habitual one, he was too lazy to take his drug classes seriously when he got caught for using, and he's a liar. He continues to insist on the whole "it was my first time, at a party" excuse and everyone can see...right...through it!

He tested positive twice, actually. The first time is when he got suspended for I think one game, but the second time was a month later. He appealed it on the basis that the second positive *could* have been trace amounts of marijuana from the first time he used it which resulted in the first positive. His appeal was upheld, but the experts agree that IF he did not use marijuana in that month between the first and second positives, then he would have had to have been using marijuana basically every day as a daily habit for him to have enough in his system to still test positive for it a month later.

Either way, the story he presents that he was at a party and made one bad choice, is complete bullsh!t. And furthermore, every apology letter or statement he's made about the whole thing continues to focus on making a mistake one time, at one party, and regretting it ever since.

The reason he was kicked from school? He was mandated multiple things as part of his punishment for testing positive that first time. One was to go to a drug class. Another was to not leave town without permission. He failed to comply with either. He skipped out on most of his drug classes, and when he did show up the reports are he was basically either sleeping through them, being a disturbance, or otherwise not taking them seriously...and then he skipped town one weekend reportedly to go to Halloween Horror Nights, basically without permission.

And he's publicly apologized for those things and attempted to say the right things...but in those apologies he keeps hitting people hard with that one time, one party crap that everyone knows isn't true. This is a guy that needs to be saying "Hey, I was dumb and immature, I thought I was king of the world and couldn't be touched, that the rules didn't apply to me because of who I was, and I found out the hard way what kind of consequences certain actions carry." But no, that's not what you hear from him.

But go ahead and pop in a tape of him playing some time. He's like Broderick Bunkley on roids.

Motion
02-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah, Marcus Thomas was an absolute beast on the field. Such a waste of talent.

kashbo
Who's Kidden?

The draft is serious business!

:chuckle:

LMFAO Thats funny I was about to say the same thing

kashbo
lorenzo booker in my opinion might be the frank gore of SF 49ers

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 02:17 PM

I really do like him but he just doesn't have Gore's size/speed story. I agree that they have the same kind of fall from grace story...but Gore had that squatty 5'9" 215 pound body that gives him plenty of natural power and tackle breaking ability.

Booker is 5'11" and 188 pounds. That's wide receiver size. Small wide receiver.

Geforce
02-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Booker only assest to any NFL team will be his speed to return kicks and his elusiveness on 3rd downs.

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Booker only assest to any NFL team will be his speed to return kicks and his elusiveness on 3rd downs.

He's like a more exciting version of Travis Minor...what Minor could have been in the NFL if his speed actually translated into elusiveness.

Regan21286
02-20-2007, 03:12 PM

-Kareem Brown DT Miami
-Josh Wilson CB Maryland
-Audra Allison WR ECU
-Kevin Kolb QB Houston
-Adam Podlesh P Maryland
-Justin Medlock K UCLA

You can add the guys on my sig there. Hickman could be a very good alternative to Adalius Thomas if we get him and if he can pan out as a LB/DE.

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I like Hickman, Soliai, and Brian Smith.

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Here's an exercise. I'm going to take a look at Rob Rang's top 100 and exclude everyone on it.

That would leave the following players that I like, somewhere between a little and a whole lot, that are ranked between 101-200:

Josh Beekman
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Smith
Jon Abbate
Aundrae Allison
Andy Alleman
CJ Wilson
Paul Soliai
Jay Moore
Quinn Pitcock
John Beck
Doug Datish
Ben Patrick
David Ball
Syvelle Newton
Baraka Atkins
John Wendling
Kareem Brown
Enoka Lucas
Joe Newton
Kevin Boss
Justin Hickman
Zak DeOssie

And then the folliowing players I like, for whatever reason, ranked between 201-300:

Allen Barbre
Jeff Rowe
Craig Dahl
Michael Allen
Mkristo Bruce
Stephen Nicholas
Jacoby Jones
Anthony Arline
James Jones
Jeremy Clark
Quinton Echols
Jon Cornish
Chris Davis
Toby Korrodi
Chad Nkang
Xzavie Jackson
CJ Ah-You
Clifton Ryan

And even further, the players I like, ranked between 301-400:

Jesse Allen
Brian Smith
Tyrone Moss
Corey Davis
Mark Zalewski
Steve Vallos
George Batiste
Maurice Price
Cameron Siskowic
Korey Hall
Justin Rascati
Yamon Figurs
Chris Henry

And down one more, players I like ranked 401 and above (DREGS!):

Kurt Quarterman
Justin Vincent
Jeff Ballard
Justise Hairston
Ramzee Robinson
Andre Kirkland (500+)
Jeff Smith (500+)
Andrew Wellock (500+)
Ramel Meekins (500+)
Edgar Jones (500+)
Stacey Thomas (600+)
Nello Faulk (600+)

And that's about it...as if that wasn't enough!

NorthFloridaFin
02-20-2007, 06:08 PM

Coming from a Seminole fan, we need to stay away from Lorenzo Booker. We waited for him to break out for 4 years and never got anything from him. He doesn't like to be hit, so his bad habit, and I mean a very bad habit, was he would try and bounce outside on every single possession he touched the ball. I don't care if a mac truck could have driven through the hole, he was going outside.

If he is anything all in the NFL, he will be an optional 3rd down back, or maybe return some punts.

Stitches
02-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Here's an exercise. I'm going to take a look at Rob Rang's top 100 and exclude everyone on it.

That would leave the following players that I like, somewhere between a little and a whole lot, that are ranked between 101-200:

Josh Beekman
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Smith
Jon Abbate
Aundrae Allison
Andy Alleman
CJ Wilson
Paul Soliai
Jay Moore
Quinn Pitcock
John Beck
Doug Datish
Ben Patrick
David Ball
Syvelle Newton
Baraka Atkins
John Wendling
Kareem Brown
Enoka Lucas
Joe Newton
Kevin Boss
Justin Hickman
Zak DeOssie

And then the folliowing players I like, for whatever reason, ranked between 201-300:

Allen Barbre
Jeff Rowe
Craig Dahl
Michael Allen
Mkristo Bruce
Stephen Nicholas
Jacoby Jones
Anthony Arline
James Jones
Jeremy Clark
Quinton Echols
Jon Cornish
Chris Davis
Toby Korrodi
Chad Nkang
Xzavie Jackson
CJ Ah-You
Clifton Ryan

And even further, the players I like, ranked between 301-400:

Jesse Allen
Brian Smith
Tyrone Moss
Corey Davis
Mark Zalewski
Steve Vallos
George Batiste
Maurice Price
Cameron Siskowic
Korey Hall
Justin Rascati
Yamon Figurs
Chris Henry

And down one more, players I like ranked 401 and above (DREGS!):

Kurt Quarterman
Justin Vincent
Jeff Ballard
Justise Hairston
Ramzee Robinson
Andre Kirkland (500+)
Jeff Smith (500+)
Andrew Wellock (500+)
Ramel Meekins (500+)
Edgar Jones (500+)
Stacey Thomas (600+)
Nello Faulk (600+)

And that's about it...as if that wasn't enough!

No Andy Alleman anywhere? :(

And I'd love Justin Vincent as an UDFA if not the 7th.

Edit: I skipped right over him. I didn't expect him in the 101-200 I guess, lol.

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 06:53 PM
No Andy Alleman anywhere? :(

And I'd love Justin Vincent as an UDFA if not the 7th.

Edit: I skipped right over him. I didn't expect him in the 101-200 I guess, lol.

I read an opinion from one longtime scout that Alleman should be a first rounder.

SQuinn17
02-20-2007, 07:03 PM
i would love to have chris davis in the later rounds...if he had a qb who could get him the ball, he'd be a weapon.

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 07:33 PM
i would love to have chris davis in the later rounds...if he had a qb who could get him the ball, he'd be a weapon.

He's one of those really fast and quick guys you just get the feeling will get open all the time for you.

Stitches
02-20-2007, 08:06 PM
I read an opinion from one longtime scout that Alleman should be a first rounder.

Unless he blows up at the combine, what re the chances that he even goes on day one though?

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Unless he blows up at the combine, what re the chances that he even goes on day one though?

Really hard to say with interior OL. Hate to leave it at that, but there it is.

CANDolphan
02-20-2007, 08:14 PM
No on Dan Mozes.. he left too many people unimpressed at the senior bowl and I've heard he just doesnt have the physical ability to play center in the NFL. Think Mike Degory from UF last year.. he was a real student of the game, but he just lacked the athletic ability to play.

Marcus Thomas is someone I'd like Miami to look at in day 2 ( I keep saying that.. from my point of view Miami should be drafting 5 guys in the 4th/5th round apparently )

I swear, I give people with sick talent way too many second chances :(

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Heck, I'd look at Marcus Thomas in round three. Marijuana or not, the guy is compelling in R3.

Regan21286
02-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I like Hickman, Soliai, and Brian Smith.

I guess we both agree on those. I'm thinking it could go Soliai maybe 4th to 6th, Hickman 6th or 7th, and Smith UDFA. What are your thoughts on Brandon Myles or Jacoby Jones, as a possible WR sleeper?

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 08:59 PM
I'd be willing to go as high as R2 for Paul Soliai if he has a compelling Combine performance. The guy is the best nose out there...maybe other than Branch (maybe).

Regan21286
02-20-2007, 09:06 PM
I'd be willing to go as high as R2 for Paul Soliai if he has a compelling Combine performance. The guy is the best nose out there...maybe other than Branch (maybe).

I heard he had some character issues that might bump him down a bit. The guy is just built to stuff the run though and our other NT project from Utah Fifita is a bit too short. It'd be crazy if we field both together.

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Soliai replaced Fifita in 2006 and really showed how it's done, or rather how it should be done at the NFL level. The guy's motor is NON-STOP and he uses his arms extremely well.

Rumors say the guy is 338 pounds and has run multiple 40's under 5.0 seconds, one as low as 4.92.

That's incredible. This guy needs to be considered a solid second round pick and I'd pick him at #39...I've been saying it for a month now.

MustangFinFan
02-20-2007, 09:36 PM
338, 4.92??? wtf??

me like...oh, but does he have the strength, power, ability to be a darn good DL in the NFL???

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 09:49 PM
338, 4.92??? wtf??

me like...oh, but does he have the strength, power, ability to be a darn good DL in the NFL???

Yes. On all counts. Arm strength phenomenal, non-stop motor, good body lean, ability to disengage all good.

That's why TFY has been in love with this guy so long, as have I.

Regan21286
02-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Soliai replaced Fifita in 2006 and really showed how it's done, or rather how it should be done at the NFL level. The guy's motor is NON-STOP and he uses his arms extremely well.

Rumors say the guy is 338 pounds and has run multiple 40's under 5.0 seconds, one as low as 4.92.

That's incredible. This guy needs to be considered a solid second round pick and I'd pick him at #39...I've been saying it for a month now.

I hope he doesn't become a second rounder so we can get him later. I had been hoping a guy like Sidney Rice, Joe Staley, or Ryan Kalil would be available at the 2nd or 3rd. If the character issues help him drop, I'm all for it. He's the ideal guy to replace Traylor should Manny Wright continue to lack a spine.

ckparrothead
02-21-2007, 12:11 AM
I hope he doesn't become a second rounder so we can get him later. I had been hoping a guy like Sidney Rice, Joe Staley, or Ryan Kalil would be available at the 2nd or 3rd. If the character issues help him drop, I'm all for it. He's the ideal guy to replace Traylor should Manny Wright continue to lack a spine.

Personally, I'm not greedy. If we need a NT and Soliai is there at #39 and he grades high enough (I personally grade him high enough but I'm not a professional in the sense that they are) then what's the matter? Go for it! I think he'd be worth more to this team than Rice...probably as important to our success as either Kalil or Staley would be (unless Staley became a franchise LT which I really am not sold on...I think he's an athletic guy who I'd have gain lots of weight and be a good RT).

newlownorder
02-21-2007, 01:48 AM

-Kareem Brown DT Miami
-Josh Wilson CB Maryland
-Audra Allison WR ECU
-Kevin Kolb QB Houston
-Adam Podlesh P Maryland
-Justin Medlock K UCLA

IMO Mozes is extremely overrated and shouldn't be drafted in any round. Just to add some players that may fall out of the 1st and 2nd round but can be goo (good) :D :

LaMar Woodley DE Michigan: talk about the sky falling for a player. Wood is falling quick and shouldn't IMO, there are so many DE prospects this year that it's very possible that Wood falls to the 3rd round.

Brian Leonard FB Rutgers: Will anyone take a chance on this amazing talent? His potential is amazing but I think the fact that he's a FB/RB tweener scares alot of teams.