PDA

View Full Version : Houston Trading their first?

FinAtic8480
02-20-2007, 01:48 PM
There is a rumor flying around that Houston might be wanting to trade thier first for Plummer, Bell, and the Broncos first.....

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/broncos-bell-plummer-for-houstons-first.html

Stitches
02-20-2007, 01:51 PM
That'd be a crazy trade. What pick do the Broncos have?

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Nice rumor. Well, that would certainly give more fuel to the Brady Quinn fire, as Houston was one of the teams thought to consider Quinn if he fell. I also think they'd consider Jamarcus Russell at that spot.

Motion
02-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Interesting. Well we know Denver wouldn't take a QB so theres another dropped spot.

elite14eva
02-20-2007, 01:58 PM
no way that happens.

kashbo
02-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Nice rumor. Well, that would certainly give more fuel to the Brady Quinn fire, as Houston was one of the teams thought to consider Quinn if he fell. I also think they'd consider Jamarcus Russell at that spot.

Exactly, but I would like to see ted ginn, or levi brown Wait isnt minnesota also looking @ quinn????

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Exactly, but I would like to see ted ginn, or levi brown Wait isnt minnesota also looking @ quinn????

Supposedly but I doubt it's really true. This smells to me like Rick Spielman thinking he's going to trick teams into trading up to #7 to get Quinn.

Mr772
02-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Supposedly but I doubt it's really true. This smells to me like Rick Spielman thinking he's going to trick teams into trading up to #7 to get Quinn.

At least we can be happy to know that Rick Spielmans favorite guy will be off the board before we pick. Whoever that guy may be, if rick has any ties to him we don't want him, especially if it is a QB.

ckparrothead
02-20-2007, 02:47 PM
At least we can be happy to know that Rick Spielmans favorite guy will be off the board before we pick. Whoever that guy may be, if rick has any ties to him we don't want him, especially if it is a QB.

Spielman doesn't have a habit of wanting the wrong guys...he has a habit of getting the wrong guys and then making himself look good by telling everyone who it was he really wanted.

SabanHater
02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Could you imagine if he screws us over again? Making terrible decisions while on the team and now trying to screw us off the team. I hate that man! In fact, I LOVE HATING HIM!!

FinAtic8480
02-20-2007, 04:45 PM
After giving thought to this trade. Only way this happens is if Cleveland passes on Peterson meaning they would draft Quinn. Something we would not want to happen.....

SweetLou
02-20-2007, 04:46 PM
That would be one crazy trade if the Broncos landed Adrian Peterson.

MrTree
02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
After giving thought to this trade. Only way this happens is if Cleveland passes on Peterson meaning they would draft Quinn. Something we would not want to happen.....

Ding ding ding! i think that could be the only reason Denver would try to trade with Houston. And would Houston even make the trade then? I think Houston might be happy to stay pat and take Peterson.

Da_Franchise
02-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Why would Denver invest so much in a pick, they must really want someone if that rumor has any ounce of truth.

CANDolphan
02-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Why would Denver invest so much in a pick, they must really want someone if that rumor has any ounce of truth.

Well, look at last year.. they made out like absolute bandits in the draft. Jay Cutler and Jevon Walker? God, that should be robbery what they got away with.

FinAtic8480
02-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Thank Denver for snatching Cutler out of our hands,cause he would have been their for us. Saban would have passed him up and then we would have looked like idiots for real.

slyfox13
02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
There is a rumor flying around that Houston might be wanting to trade thier first for Plummer, Bell, and the Broncos first.....

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/broncos-bell-plummer-for-houstons-first.htmlsaw that in the si rumors section as well:shakeno:

ChambersWI
02-20-2007, 09:33 PM

Tatum Bell will probably get cut if the trade doesn't go down. They're really disappointed with how he performed being the starter; he's been a great change of pace back, but he fumbles quite a bit, isn't a good bloceror reciever, and hs horrible patients (a must have for zone blocking).

Denver would also include one of their 3rd rounders.

to answer your question, Denver really doesn't have many weaknesses nut the weaknesses they have are glaring; number 1 RB, an everydown pass rusher, another DT to play alongside Warren, they could also use an upgrade at RT, but Brown is not a great fit. Houston wants a gamebreaker at RB(which Bell is), and a verteran QB (which Plummer is).

If the trade went down, it means Denver i targeting 4 players; Adrian Peterson,Alan Branch,Gaines Adams, and Jamaal Anderson.

dougfinsfan72
02-21-2007, 04:37 AM
The ONLY player the Broncos would do that trade for is Calvin Johnson. Period!

PhinfanUK
02-21-2007, 06:53 AM

Exactly, I don't see this trade happening. Denver also needs pass rushers however, so would they maybe trade up to get a shot at Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson?