PDA

View Full Version : Today is a great day for me regarding video games...

Phin-o-rama
02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
I have a dilemma

I purchased a Wii bundle on 2/08 and received the 2 games + xtra controller like 2 days later...but had yet to receive the console...

now it is out for delivery today so I am pretty positive it will be here...I stopped at Wally world today and bought 2 classic controllers, and 1 set of component cables for the wii... and this leads to my dilemma.....because I am also holding a copy of Crackdown in my hands.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH

what do i do first?

hook up the wii and get it connected wirelessly so it can patch itself? play crackdown and worry about hooking up the wii later? (gotta hook it up to a receiver setup so it might take me a little bit)

its a good dilemma to have, but i just want to leave work after the wii gets here :D

Motion
02-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Can't believe it took you this long to make a post about Crackdown.

I'd say Crackdown.

Phin-o-rama
02-20-2007, 02:20 PM
wii is in my hands!!!!!

my wii is in my hands after so long...it is very tiny and cute....chicks think my wii is exotic though and will play with it for hours!

just picked up crackdown at lunchtime, dont' get off work till 5 :(

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-20-2007, 02:39 PM
you have what we call a quality problem.

Phin-o-rama
02-20-2007, 02:43 PM
lol what do you mean?

Motion
02-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Sounds like a Quantity problem to me. :D

Mike13
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Play Crackdown first then do the Wii stuff later.

FinsNCanes
02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
You could be in my dilemna..

I wanna buy a system and I still can't decide which one.

Phin-o-rama
02-20-2007, 03:42 PM
dude just get a ps3

Motion
02-20-2007, 04:03 PM
dude just get a ps3

:eek:

Phin-o-rama
02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
what? it is what he wants to hear....

Motion
02-20-2007, 05:09 PM
what? it is what he wants to hear....

True, but that must have been painful for you to say :lol:

Phin-o-rama
02-20-2007, 05:18 PM
yeah I died a little inside...

Mainge
02-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a dilemma

I purchased a Wii bundle on 2/08 and received the 2 games + xtra controller like 2 days later...but had yet to receive the console...

now it is out for delivery today so I am pretty positive it will be here...I stopped at Wally world today and bought 2 classic controllers, and 1 set of component cables for the wii... and this leads to my dilemma.....because I am also holding a copy of Crackdown in my hands.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH

what do i do first?

hook up the wii and get it connected wirelessly so it can patch itself? play crackdown and worry about hooking up the wii later? (gotta hook it up to a receiver setup so it might take me a little bit)

its a good dilemma to have, but i just want to leave work after the wii gets here :D

Wii can wait. Go with Crackdown :up:.

TrueDolFan
02-20-2007, 06:53 PM
If you have Twilight Princess, DEFINITELY play that first. It is the best game ever made, period.

It took me nearly 60 hours to finish it, and I still wish it wasn't over!

Mike13
02-20-2007, 08:44 PM
If you have Twilight Princess, DEFINITELY play that first. It is the best game ever made, period.

60 hours, ****, is that including the sidequests?

Scatman
02-20-2007, 10:43 PM

damn, i cant believe that game takes 60 hours to beat ....

i think im starting the official Zeldas over-rated club. i played the game for a couple hours adn couldnt see what people found in it that was that great. it was good, but far far from great. and imo it shouldnt take 10-15 hours for a game to get good......... thats a little dragginfg it out to say the least.

and 60 hours to beat. man thats a lot of time to invest into one game, its cool that they give you your moneys wworth, but crap thats a lot of time for one game.

Motion
02-21-2007, 09:14 AM
So what did you end up doing Phin?

TrueDolFan
02-21-2007, 10:20 AM
60 hours, ****, is that including the sidequests?

Yes.

If you wanted to skip the sidequests, it would probably take you 45+ hours.

Phin-o-rama
02-21-2007, 10:32 AM
a little of both

first i popped in crackdown....got 2 stars in agility and 1 in everything else but explosions....i started fidgeting in my gaming chair knowing the wii was on the kitchen table, waiting.

my 360 is hooked up to the 37" westy lcd in my office/den....and with the wii my plans were to hook it up in the living room to the 57" rear proj. hdtv with the onkyo surround system....but that will take a little work as i have to remember how i have everything hooked into the onkyo receiver.

so i said F it im hookin it up in here to play around with it....

i had the wii component cables and hooked everything up..which is very simple btw

the sensor is pretty phenomenal....wii sports alone is a great game...and baseball was what i was most impressed with as far as how accurate the sensor bar was....although tennis is probably the most fun...

i started zelda and put about 30 minutes into it lol....will do more later...

i haven't tried red steel yet...

im still not sure if im gonna put the wii in the living room...its really cramped in my den for bowling or really any of the games you stand up ....im scared ill hit the lamp on the fan above my head....

Motion
02-21-2007, 10:34 AM
a little of both

first i popped in crackdown....got 2 stars in agility and 1 in everything else but explosions....i started fidgeting in my gaming chair knowing the wii was on the kitchen table, waiting.

my 360 is hooked up to the 37" westy lcd in my office/den....and with the wii my plans were to hook it up in the living room to the 57" rear proj. hdtv with the onkyo surround system....but that will take a little work as i have to remember how i have everything hooked into the onkyo receiver.

so i said F it im hookin it up in here to play around with it....

i had the wii component cables and hooked everything up..which is very simple btw

the sensor is pretty phenomenal....wii sports alone is a great game...and baseball was what i was most impressed with as far as how accurate the sensor bar was....although tennis is probably the most fun...

i started zelda and put about 30 minutes into it lol....will do more later...

i haven't tried red steel yet...

im still not sure if im gonna put the wii in the living room...its really cramped in my den for bowling or really any of the games you stand up ....im scared ill hit the lamp on the fan above my head....

:lol: Awesome

Mike13
02-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes.

If you wanted to skip the sidequests, it would probably take you 45+ hours.

Damn I still got a long way to go.

Sethdaddy8
02-21-2007, 09:40 PM

Yup, I was close to the 60 hour mark too...
It was an awesome game. dont know how they fit it all on one disc.
I actually experienced vertigo a few times playing it, and got a headache too... ahhh, battle wounds.