PDA

View Full Version : And ps3 really. How good is the wireless hook up for the internet stability wise?

FinsNCanes
02-20-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm picking up one of these by the time I move into my new apartment next month and..I don't know why..but I threw my computer away (it was like 5 years old) and completely forgot you needed a PC to beable to play online with console. My roommate has a computer though and was wondering who here plays wireless and how stable it is through a reuter or **** like that?

Phin-o-rama
02-20-2007, 03:55 PM
you don't 'have' to play wireless with either...they both have ethernet ports

FinsNCanes
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
you don't 'have' to play wireless with either...they both have ethernet ports

:confused:

Right.

Don't I still have to hook it up through a modem though from a PC? Or is it just plug in the 360 and sign up and play? I remember on the ps2 I had to disconnect the modem and plug it into the ps2.

Phin-o-rama
02-20-2007, 04:23 PM
you don't need a pc...technically

you could pay for high speed...it would go from wall to modem then from modem to ps3/360

or

you could go from wall to modem to router < pc and ps3 by way of wireless or wired

Mainge
02-20-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm picking up one of these by the time I move into my new apartment next month and..I don't know why..but I threw my computer away (it was like 5 years old) and completely forgot you needed a PC to beable to play online with console. My roommate has a computer though and was wondering who here plays wireless and how stable it is through a reuter or **** like that?

I play wirelessly and never have a problem. I've never been laggy, or been disconnected from router problems. The Network router is in my house though. I don't know what effect that has on connection quality.

EDIT: I see that you said your roommate has a PC. You should be good to go.:wink:

Scatman
02-20-2007, 10:38 PM
never been disconnected. wireless too

Dolfan5000
02-22-2007, 10:45 AM
The wifi connection on the PS3 is the only connection I use. I had the ethernet cable in it for about a week when I first got it but both connections have been superb when it comes to gameplay. Out of two and a half months of playing Resistance online I've only had 2 instances of lag. They were brief though.

mor911
02-22-2007, 10:48 AM
You don't need a PC bro. You need a router... You do need a PC to configure that router. :lol:

Mainge
02-22-2007, 09:44 PM
You don't need a PC bro. You need a router... You do need a PC to configure that router. :lol:

:lol:

He should be good with the WiFi connection.