PDA

View Full Version : Carr, Brady/Dolphins, Texans

PublixSubsRule
02-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Since the Texans have beeen rumored to be interested in trade talks (about Carr), it might be likely if they do in fact trade Carr, they would Draft Brady Quinn.

Since they have the 8th pick one in front of us. If after signing Shea we are sold on Quinn who would you want to trade our picks with and for what?

DreamWeaver
02-21-2007, 09:15 AM
It has also been reported that if Houston trades Carr then they will target Jake Plummer...free agency and trades will have a huge effect on what teams major needs are. Only a few more days until things start heating up!

etsudolfan
02-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Washington...if Quinn gets past Detroit and Cleveland and we want him...the Redskins are the best trading partner IMO. They need defense and can still take a quality defensive player at #9, plus we can trade them either a receiver or one of our defensive veterens (not Thomas or Taylor)

Stitches
02-21-2007, 09:36 AM
I don't want to see us trading up at all, unless it's for Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson. If Quinn falls to us, wonderful, but if not, it wasn't meant to be and we get some other great player.

Motion
02-21-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't want to see us trading up at all, unless it's for Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson. If Quinn falls to us, wonderful, but if not, it wasn't meant to be and we get some other great player.

Exactly

Billk78
02-21-2007, 10:20 AM
In order to get Plummer the Texans may have to trade that #8 pick anyway, so its hard to tell just yet.
Latest rumor has the Broncos sending the Texans Tatum Bell, Plummer, and their #1 for the #8 overall. Broncos would then draft Peterson with that pick. So that trade might actually help us.

twanderer
02-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Exactly

HERE!!! HERE!!!:jumper:

DolfanTom
02-21-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't want to see us trading up at all, unless it's for Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson. If Quinn falls to us, wonderful, but if not, it wasn't meant to be and we get some other great player.Normally I would agree about not trading up, but I think many "Quinn Haters" (so to speak) are missing the point on this guy. He's as NFL ready as any QB to come out of college since probably Peyton Manning. He might not be as good as Manning, but he's got NFL qualities. He's poised, intelligent, has an above average arm, makes big plays - and more than anything - seems to have the capacity to learn and get better (see transition from his sophomore to junior season).

I'm absolutely sold on this guy hook line and sinker. I'm too the point now where I'll be disappointed if we don't get him.

SQuinn17
02-21-2007, 10:52 AM
In order to get Plummer the Texans may have to trade that #8 pick anyway, so its hard to tell just yet.
Latest rumor has the Broncos sending the Texans Tatum Bell, Plummer, and their #1 for the #8 overall. Broncos would then draft Peterson with that pick. So that trade might actually help us.
why would they have to trade their pick to get plummer? i thought he was a free agent?

Motion
02-21-2007, 10:56 AM
why would they have to trade their pick to get plummer? i thought he was a free agent?

Nope

patacu1974
02-21-2007, 10:59 AM

I think Plummer is not a free agent....

JFoxx
02-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah, the big rumor is that Denver is wanting the #8 pick (Houston's) to possibly grab Peterson. They'd give up Plummer and T.Bell to get that pick. With Kubiak there, this may be possible if he thinks he can get more from Plummer/Bell than he would at that pick. I also don't think there's a huge appitite to take another chance on a rookie QB (like they did with Carr), so this may more sense to them than we think. The only thing that doesn't make sense in all this is that Shanny doesn't like to use early picks (especially first rounders on RB's). He's known for finding those diamonds in the rough in the later rounds. So all this may be a bunch of garbage (pre-draft smoke and mirrors).

WISfinfan13
02-21-2007, 11:52 AM
im sure nobody will trade from plummer. Most likely he will be released....

Stitches
02-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Normally I would agree about not trading up, but I think many "Quinn Haters" (so to speak) are missing the point on this guy. He's as NFL ready as any QB to come out of college since probably Peyton Manning. He might not be as good as Manning, but he's got NFL qualities. He's poised, intelligent, has an above average arm, makes big plays - and more than anything - seems to have the capacity to learn and get better (see transition from his sophomore to junior season).

I'm absolutely sold on this guy hook line and sinker. I'm too the point now where I'll be disappointed if we don't get him.

I'm all for drafting Quinn if he is at 9, we'd be foolish to pass on him. But to give up all that to move up and get him, when he might fall. That just seems stupid.

And I hope you weren't lumping me in with the 'Quinn Haters.'

DolfanTom
02-21-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm all for drafting Quinn if he is at 9, we'd be foolish to pass on him. But to give up all that to move up and get him, when he might fall. That just seems stupid.

And I hope you weren't lumping me in with the 'Quinn Haters.'Not lumping you in - just pointing out what the actual haters usually overlook.

Hey, I rank Quinn a little higher than you, that's all. I would trade up for him, you wouldn't. I'm curious to find out what Randy and Co. feel about him!

aleta
02-21-2007, 12:14 PM

Right on the money my friend, Staton is a GREAT second place price.

dominizzo
02-21-2007, 12:22 PM
If Quinn Doesnt fall!! Leon Johnson or gaines Adams sounds great

Motion
02-21-2007, 12:25 PM
If Quinn Doesnt fall!! Leon Johnson or gaines Adams sounds great

Who????

Stitches
02-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Who????

Oh, you know that wonderful Georgia Tech Wolverine player. He is such an amazing physical specimin that he can play both WR and corner. His height can also vary 6 inches at a time, his weight 30lbs, and his 40 time by .2 secs. Amazingly enough, he has the ability to cover himself, though not for any significant amount of time since he is so much slower as a corner.

Bonedoc7777
02-21-2007, 01:59 PM
why do they pick ahead of us since they beat us and we have the same record

Stitches
02-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Strength of schedule my friend, strength of schedule. It's how we picked ahead of the Browns back in 2005, even though we beat them.

Motion
02-21-2007, 02:02 PM

Their strength of schedule was easier than ours.

Motion
02-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh, you know that wonderful Georgia Tech Wolverine player. He is such an amazing physical specimin that he can play both WR and corner. His height can also vary 6 inches at a time, his weight 30lbs, and his 40 time by .2 secs. Amazingly enough, he has the ability to cover himself, though not for any significant amount of time since he is so much slower as a corner.

I'd be willing to trade up for him.

Dol-Fan99
02-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Normally I would agree about not trading up, but I think many "Quinn Haters" (so to speak) are missing the point on this guy. He's as NFL ready as any QB to come out of college since probably Peyton Manning. He might not be as good as Manning, but he's got NFL qualities. He's poised, intelligent, has an above average arm, makes big plays - and more than anything - seems to have the capacity to learn and get better (see transition from his sophomore to junior season).

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

Stitches
02-21-2007, 02:07 PM
I'd be willing to trade up for him.

Me too, you have your #1 All pro reciever, and a solid corner all in one package. Suprsingly he shows no signs of fatigue when he takes the field.

jdang307
02-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Strength of schedule my friend, strength of schedule. It's how we picked ahead of the Browns back in 2005, even though we beat them.
You mean how they beat us ... shut us out actually?

Oh, and CNNSI truth and rumors stating that Texas might trade Carr to Minnesota. If they trade Carr to Minny, and get Plummer from Denver, isn't that a few courters of Quinn out of the way?

montrealfinfan
02-21-2007, 02:45 PM
after hearing that we hierd Shea as qb coach it seems real likly the fins want quinn and i wouldn't be suprized if we end up trading for him.

Stitches
02-21-2007, 07:42 PM
You mean how they beat us ... shut us out actually?

Oh, and CNNSI truth and rumors stating that Texas might trade Carr to Minnesota. If they trade Carr to Minny, and get Plummer from Denver, isn't that a few courters of Quinn out of the way?

Cleveland shut us out the year we went 8-8, not in the 2004 season. I was at that game, and had to suffer through that shut out. The only highlight for me was getting to see Chuck Frye get some significant playing time.

jlfin
02-21-2007, 08:03 PM

Why? Who would be stupid enough to give up anything of value for Jake Plummer? Denver has no leverage because everybody knows Cutler is the present and future.
Plummer IMO isn't worth anything more than a 3rd or 4th (if that).
BTW, I'd take Carr over Plummer any day. This would be the 1st big mistake of Kubiak's head coaching career.

jlfin
02-21-2007, 08:06 PM
If we traded up to get Johnson or Thomas we probably wouldn't have a 2nd rd pick, so Stanton would likely be out of the question too.

TexanPhinatic
02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Why? Who would be stupid enough to give up anything of value for Jake Plummer? Denver has no leverage because everybody knows Cutler is the present and future.
BTW, I'd take Carr over Plummer any day. This would be the 1st big mistake of Kubiak's head coaching career.

I live here in Houston and let me tell you, the Plummer talk is all over the place. Carr at this point is as good as gone really. The city has completely soured on him and is really getting tired of waiting for that breakout year. He still has potential, but I can tell you it likely wont happen here in Houston. And while im not a big Plummer fan, he DID have his best year under Kubiaks tutelage.

Plummer isnt going to command a 1st rounder, and even if Denver did get the #8, Peterson is almost certainly gone. That said, Houston almost certainly would give a mid rounder for him. I dont think Houston trades the pick unless they are on the clock and Peterson is gone.

They need to start winning NOW, which really means drafting Peterson or Levi Brown, as RB and LT have been 2 gaping holes for as long as this franchise has been around. Plummer wouldnt be a long long term solution, but he could possibly elevate this team where Carr couldnt.

The Texans need to start winning NOW or a growingly disenfranchised fan base will get more hostile. There is HUGE resentment over the Vince Young thing, so if Peterson (a Houstong area native and fan fave around here) is there, and they have Plummer locked up, Peterson will likely be the pick.

salmael
02-21-2007, 08:51 PM

The first big mistake?

While they have a new GM since last draft, if your going to credit Kubiak with this mistake if they make the trade then you also have to credit him with drafting Mario Williams over Young and Bush. Because he is the only major football person in the decision making process that was there for both.

Honestly I only thought Spielman or Wanny was capable of drafting Williams over either Young or Bush. Then again I hope they do trade for Plummer since it will help clear th way for Quinn falling to us(even as bait to make someone trade up with us he has a ton of value if we don't want to draft him.)

TexanPhinatic
02-21-2007, 09:02 PM
The first big mistake?

While they have a new GM since last draft, if your going to credit Kubiak with this mistake if they make the trade then you also have to credit him with drafting Mario Williams over Young and Bush. Because he is the only major football person in the decision making process that was there for both.

Honestly I only thought Spielman or Wanny was capable of drafting Williams over either Young or Bush. Then again I hope they do trade for Plummer since it will help clear th way for Quinn falling to us(even as bait to make someone trade up with us he has a ton of value if we don't want to draft him.)

Kubiak I dont think actually had much say, the Texans brass wanted Williams badly, and basically had the former GM Charlie Casserly make the pick as a fall guy in case it didnt pan out, thats the rumors at any rate.

slyfox13
02-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Since the Texans have beeen rumored to be interested in trade talks (about Carr), it might be likely if they do in fact trade Carr, they would Draft Brady Quinn.

Since they have the 8th pick one in front of us. If after signing Shea we are sold on Quinn who would you want to trade our picks with and for what?not quin id let it go and trade down!:dolphins:

CANDolphan
02-21-2007, 09:51 PM

If you guys want a guy who will be the savior of our franchise, then maybe try to spell his name right?

Also, I like how everyone acts as if there is extremely little difference between stanton and quinn.. there is a reason Quinn is a top 5 pick possibility and Stanton is a top 64 possibility

TRUDOLFAN54
02-21-2007, 09:56 PM
myself i would not trade up in this draft unless it was for c.j. he would be a no brainer...

MrEd
02-21-2007, 10:07 PM

With Culpepper being our starting QB for at least the next few years...and Lemon a young #2...we dont need an NFL ready QB. All we need is a developmental one to fill the #3 QB spot. That's it.

Now if he dropped...then might as well take advantage of the luxury...but if not, then fill a need.

FinAtic8480
02-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Believe it or not Carr is gonna have a huge effect on this Draft. I call it the Carr Effect.... Where ever car goes it elimanates the team from drafting QB.... Here is an update on the situation.

Many said David Carr couldn't handle the pressure of having a legitimate threat backing him up, so that eliminated Vince Young from the Texans' draft consideration a year ago.
-- Houston Chronicle

Trade rumors regarding David Carr are picking up. The Vikings apparently are in the mix, as are the Broncos, and perhaps the Jaguars and Panthers.
-- Houston Chronicle

Carolina and the Broncos scare me, I would really like Cleveland here, but if Jacksonville is in the mix it would mean Leftwich is gone from Jacksonville meaning he would go to one of the teams interested in QB's.

I tell you if Carr goes to the Vikings and Plummer to the Texans, the Vikings and Texans eliminate each other from contention to Quinn. Meaning we would have to worry about 2 other teams, In the Bucs and Cleveland..

DolfanTom
02-21-2007, 10:24 PM
With Culpepper being our starting QB for at least the next few years...and Lemon a young #2...we dont need an NFL ready QB. All we need is a developmental one to fill the #3 QB spot. That's it.

Now if he dropped...then might as well take advantage of the luxury...but if not, then fill a need.That would be great if we could count on 'Pepper being the starting QB for the next few years.

Can we?

jlfin
02-21-2007, 11:07 PM
The first big mistake?

It's too early to draw that conclusion. What if Williams turns into the next Reggie White or Bruce Smith over the next 2-3 yrs?
I also hope they are dumb enough to switch Carr for Plummer, because it would increase our chances of getting Quinn.

jlfin
02-21-2007, 11:10 PM
If you guys want a guy who will be the savior of our franchise, then maybe try to spell his name right?

Also, I like how everyone acts as if there is extremely little difference between stanton and quinn.. there is a reason Quinn is a top 5 pick possibility and Stanton is a top 64 possibility

Exactly. Sometimes people talk about a given position as if you can just plug in a name. That didn't work too well for Wanny.
You get what you pay for. If you don't seriously invest in a QB, you won't get a serious QB.

FrostyFinFan
02-21-2007, 11:27 PM
The radio talk shows in Minnesota are talking about the Vikings drafting Quinn. However, they are also talking about Carr as a trade possibility. I hope they do pick up Carr, then they would almost certainly go for a WR. I feel Houston and Minny are the two teams that may pick Quinn. Who knows how things will look after the combine. The board rankings could change a lot.

PublixSubsRule
02-22-2007, 08:57 AM

Because Picking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young weren't BIG MISTAKES???!!! LOL

PublixSubsRule
02-22-2007, 09:06 AM
I think we NEED to hope that the Browns get the third pick in the draft instead of the 4th, after the coin flip between them and the Bucs. If the Browns had the 3rd pick they would probably draft one of the Top 3 guys
1.JaMARCUS Russel
2.Joe Thomas
3.Calvin Johnson
where as if they get the 4th pick...it would be more of a ? who they will draft including possibly getting Quinn.

Stitches
02-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Because Picking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young weren't BIG MISTAKES???!!! LOL

We don't know if it was a big mistake yet, it was only one year. Give it some time.

CANDolphan
02-22-2007, 10:59 AM
We don't know if it was a big mistake yet, it was only one year. Give it some time.

Seriously. Mid-Season, it looked like everyone who drafted a RB before Lawrence Maroney looked absolutely ******ed. He had great games running the ball and was a fantastic returner..

FinAtic8480
02-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Texans | Smith comments on Carr
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:23:43 -0800
Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith (http://www.kffl.com/player/15074/nfl), during the NFL Combine (http://www.kffl.com/link/183), said the team is not actively trying to shop QB David Carr (http://www.kffl.com/player/805/nfl) per se. While he said inquiries about Carr have died down, they will only make a deal if it improves the team as a whole.

So are they shoping him or not.......

Motion
02-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith (http://www.kffl.com/player/15074/nfl), during the NFL Combine (http://www.kffl.com/link/183), said the team is not actively trying to shop QB David Carr (http://www.kffl.com/player/805/nfl) per se. While he said inquiries about Carr have died down, they will only make a deal if it improves the team as a whole.

:yes: They just don't want to look desparate.

randy9
02-22-2007, 08:14 PM
If the biggest knock against Quinn is how his Irish team ended then it's all good, seems to me Marino was a lone bright spot on a under achieving Panthers team back in the day.....

CANDolphan
02-22-2007, 08:38 PM
:dolphins::dolphins:
If the biggest knock against Quinn is how his Irish team ended then it's all good, seems to me Marino was a lone bright spot on a under achieving Panthers team back in the day.....

Are we going to make :dolphins:Dan Marino :dolphins: comparisons to every other kid? thats like having a younger son who brings home good report cards from middle school and bragging about your older sons highschool grades the entire time.

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins::dolphins:

Phanatical
02-22-2007, 10:48 PM

Amen to that, although I wouldn't even trade up for Thomas or Calvin. The Phins need all their picks. One player who can't fill all the holes in their offense.

GO PHINS~!

PublixSubsRule
02-22-2007, 11:29 PM

Of course they are shopping him they just don't want to say it publicaly so if they dont get a trade done, Carr wont be upset about almost being traded

Tureo
02-22-2007, 11:44 PM

Since they have the 8th pick one in front of us. If after signing Shea we are sold on Quinn who would you want to trade our picks with and for what?
If they decide they don't want Carr they may trade their 1st for Plummer and the Broncos would then take Peterson or the best RB available.

Tureo
02-22-2007, 11:46 PM
This makes sense/ Why would we trade up for a guy who could fall to us?

TampaFinsFan01
02-23-2007, 01:19 AM

Cleveland is drafting AP.
1.Raiders-Russell
2.Lions-J. Thomas
3.Bucs-C. Johnson
4.Browns-A. Peterson

Those picks are set in stone, regardless of what team says what about what. The only wildcard is the Raiders, and thats because the old man is mentally ill. In a sane world, these are the picks.

After this, its gets very tricky.

As I have stated earlier, and I have good reason to believe, the Bucs (who have two second round picks), might be very interested in trading with us if B. Quinn is still on the board.

It would probably take both of those picks plus a number one next year, but I would certainly pull that trigger. We could use the three second round picks this year and two number ones next year.

colmax
02-23-2007, 01:59 AM
(This Brady Quinn guy is a hot topic around here, eh?)

From what I am reading, it seems as though some have been regurgitating what "draft experts" have been saying. Not that I disagree wholly, I just think there are three (maybe eleventeen) teams ahead of Miami seriously looking at Quinn:

1. Raiders: Russell seems to be the consensus from overall number one, but could this be a smokescreen for a trade with a team REALLY needing a bigtime QB? Lane Kiffin's specialty was with WRs/TEs when he was with USC. He had great success with this group, including a couple coming out this draft with potential first round talent in Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett. I would not be surprised if Calvin Johnson is HIGH on Oakland's radar right now. Of course, Oakland is drafting number one overall for a reason, so anything short of a punter being drafted should not surprise anyone.

2. Lions: Matt Millen's problem has not been his lack of talent evaluating, but his lack of character evaluating when it comes to drafting. The guy knows his football, but his picks have not panned out. His man-love for WRs in the 1st has probably gotten him more hate-mail than K-fed when he released his only album. Could drafting another "Golden Boy" QB be in their future? Who knows? But I'll tell you this, Kitna is not the answer.

3. Buccaneers: This one is tough. Simms signed a two-year deal in December. But did you see his numbers from last year prior to his injury? Shave my head and call me Britney! Even his spleen did not like the looks of it and jumped ship. Those screaming "Gradumowakowskiskiski" did not see his last several games. The guy simply could not get a grasp of the offense. Do I think that they draft a QB? Possibly, especially if Calvin Johnson is not there.

4. Browns: "O Romeo, Romeo, Wherefore art thou Romeo?" Or maybe Romeo should ask: "O Browns, Browns......" This seemed like a marriage made in heaven, but the Browns have simply had some bad luck with draftees and free agents. Their "Bentley's" engine is out of working order for another year. We all know what happened to Jr. Winslow when he tried X-games motorbiking in a K-mart parking lot. And Crennel could be getting the short end of the stick if the team does not show improvement this year. Romeo may just end up like Julius Caesar: "Et tu (insert this year's number one pick's name)? Then fall Romeo....."

5. Cardinals: Well, Leinhart's noodle arm is not going anywhere. Neither is George Michael......I mean, Kurt Warner's wife.

6. Redskins: Jason Campbell did not surprise me with his good play when he came in for a struggling Brunell last year. His numbers were not stellar, but he was essentially a rookie. I do not see them going QB here.

7. Vikings: I only saw clips of Tavaris Jackson last year. From what I have heard, they really like the guy. I do not think he is the 6'2" which he is listed. I think I remember him at the Combines last year. Strong arm. That's about it. Oh yeah, they still have Brad Johnson. His nursing home has granted him another year's pass for season play only if the Vikes make their facilities wheelchair accessible.

8. Texans: The good ole Texans. What do they do with David Carr? The interview on NFLN with their GM was pretty interesting in that, although he said that Carr is (presently) their "starting quarterback," he will entertain trade offers. This is where it gets good......really good. Firstly, I have not heard, or looked for, any legitimate sources concerning this so-called imminent "trade". Secondly, do the Broncos really trade Plummer when they will actually save money by keeping him? If Plummer is traded, they take a cap hit. Wouldn't it be prudent of the organization to keep Plummer (a better starter than, for example, Miami has had in years) for another year just in case Cutler does not cut it? Makes sense to me. Or do they trade Plummer for a 3rd/4th and Carr, whom, I might add, has been hit more than Joe Frazier in the 'Thrilla in Manila' bout against Ali? Carr might be 'veteran-ish', but not a proven starter. The Broncos might just be in a world of hurt of Cutler stinks it up or gets injured and in comes David Carr (if they make this trade). This is a team that was one win shy of the playoffs last year. Yes, the Broncos are more talented, but David Carr's best days are probably behind him, IMO. I do not think this trade happens. I could be wrong, but it does not make sense to me. I see the Texans drafting Quinn if he is there.

So, where does that leave Miami? I do not know? I would like Miami to get Quinn, but there are several teams ahead that could probably use him, too. We'll just have to wait and see.....

PublixSubsRule
02-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Cleveland is drafting AP.
1.Raiders-Russell
2.Lions-J. Thomas
3.Bucs-C. Johnson
4.Browns-A. Peterson

Those picks are set in stone, regardless of what team says what about what. The only wildcard is the Raiders, and thats because the old man is mentally ill. In a sane world, these are the picks.

After this, its gets very tricky.

As I have stated earlier, and I have good reason to believe, the Bucs (who have two second round picks), might be very interested in trading with us if B. Quinn is still on the board.

It would probably take both of those picks plus a number one next year, but I would certainly pull that trigger. We could use the three second round picks this year and two number ones next year.

I guess you are right they are set in stone...Just like last year how the Texans picking Reggie Bush was set in stone?

PublixSubsRule
02-23-2007, 08:29 AM
(This Brady Quinn guy is a hot topic around here, eh?)

From what I am reading, it seems as though some have been regurgitating what "draft experts" have been saying. Not that I disagree wholly, I just think there are three (maybe eleventeen) teams ahead of Miami seriously looking at Quinn:

1. Raiders: Russell seems to be the consensus from overall number one, but could this be a smokescreen for a trade with a team REALLY needing a bigtime QB? Lane Kiffin's specialty was with WRs/TEs when he was with USC. He had great success with this group, including a couple coming out this draft with potential first round talent in Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett. I would not be surprised if Calvin Johnson is HIGH on Oakland's radar right now. Of course, Oakland is drafting number one overall for a reason, so anything short of a punter being drafted should not surprise anyone.

2. Lions: Matt Millen's problem has not been his lack of talent evaluating, but his lack of character evaluating when it comes to drafting. The guy knows his football, but his picks have not panned out. His man-love for WRs in the 1st has probably gotten him more hate-mail than K-fed when he released his only album. Could drafting another "Golden Boy" QB be in their future? Who knows? But I'll tell you this, Kitna is not the answer.

3. Buccaneers: This one is tough. Simms signed a two-year deal in December. But did you see his numbers from last year prior to his injury? Shave my head and call me Britney! Even his spleen did not like the looks of it and jumped ship. Those screaming "Gradumowakowskiskiski" did not see his last several games. The guy simply could not get a grasp of the offense. Do I think that they draft a QB? Possibly, especially if Calvin Johnson is not there.

4. Browns: "O Romeo, Romeo, Wherefore art thou Romeo?" Or maybe Romeo should ask: "O Browns, Browns......" This seemed like a marriage made in heaven, but the Browns have simply had some bad luck with draftees and free agents. Their "Bentley's" engine is out of working order for another year. We all know what happened to Jr. Winslow when he tried X-games motorbiking in a K-mart parking lot. And Crennel could be getting the short end of the stick if the team does not show improvement this year. Romeo may just end up like Julius Caesar: "Et tu (insert this year's number one pick's name)? Then fall Romeo....."

5. Cardinals: Well, Leinhart's noodle arm is not going anywhere. Neither is George Michael......I mean, Kurt Warner's wife.

6. Redskins: Jason Campbell did not surprise me with his good play when he came in for a struggling Brunell last year. His numbers were not stellar, but he was essentially a rookie. I do not see them going QB here.

7. Vikings: I only saw clips of Tavaris Jackson last year. From what I have heard, they really like the guy. I do not think he is the 6'2" which he is listed. I think I remember him at the Combines last year. Strong arm. That's about it. Oh yeah, they still have Brad Johnson. His nursing home has granted him another year's pass for season play only if the Vikes make their facilities wheelchair accessible.

8. Texans: The good ole Texans. What do they do with David Carr? The interview on NFLN with their GM was pretty interesting in that, although he said that Carr is (presently) their "starting quarterback," he will entertain trade offers. This is where it gets good......really good. Firstly, I have not heard, or looked for, any legitimate sources concerning this so-called imminent "trade". Secondly, do the Broncos really trade Plummer when they will actually save money by keeping him? If Plummer is traded, they take a cap hit. Wouldn't it be prudent of the organization to keep Plummer (a better starter than, for example, Miami has had in years) for another year just in case Cutler does not cut it? Makes sense to me. Or do they trade Plummer for a 3rd/4th and Carr, whom, I might add, has been hit more than Joe Frazier in the 'Thrilla in Manila' bout against Ali? Carr might be 'veteran-ish', but not a proven starter. The Broncos might just be in a world of hurt of Cutler stinks it up or gets injured and in comes David Carr (if they make this trade). This is a team that was one win shy of the playoffs last year. Yes, the Broncos are more talented, but David Carr's best days are probably behind him, IMO. I do not think this trade happens. I could be wrong, but it does not make sense to me. I see the Texans drafting Quinn if he is there.

So, where does that leave Miami? I do not know? I would like Miami to get Quinn, but there are several teams ahead that could probably use him, too. We'll just have to wait and see.....

Which is why i started this post asking who we should trade up with and at what costs to get in front of the Texans

colmax
02-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Which is why i started this post asking who we should trade up with and at what costs to get in front of the Texans

Miami should not trade up simply because of the lack of picks Miami has had in recent years. And we forget about Culpepper. What if we get a good four year run out of him?

If Quinn is there at 9, I think Miami should jump at the opportunity. But in no way should they trade up. Quinn is simply not worth losing draft picks.