PDA

View Full Version : RealDriscoll's 2007 7 Round Mock Draft

RealDriscoll
02-21-2007, 08:13 PM

FINSFAN2781
02-21-2007, 08:15 PM
I like it. Could definitely live with that.

Stitches
02-21-2007, 08:18 PM
I'd rather have Justin vincent in the 7th, and Andy Alleman in the 6th (Mozes is a D-3 player compared to him), and even with us passing on Bazuin I'd be extremely happy with rounds 1-4.

RealDriscoll
02-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Mozes is a d 3 players? He won the Rimington Award which means he was the best center in the NCAA

Geforce
02-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Interesting and pretty good overall but I do have two quick questions.

1) How did you decide on us taking Alexander instead of Everett.

2) Why don't you have us taking a WR? We could use one with some speed and someone who could return kicks.

Stitches
02-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Mozes is a d 3 players? He won the Rimington Award which means he was the best center in the NCAA

I said compared to alleman he may as well be a D-3 player. And big deal if he won the Rimington, it's a college award, not an NFL award. He's not big or strong, not super fast, and played in a scheme that doesn't translate to most teams.

DonShula84
02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Quinn
Houston
Alexander
Thomas
Mozes

Would be a pretty perfect draft imo

Mike13
02-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I would prefer if we get OL on the first day of the draft.

RealDriscoll
02-21-2007, 08:46 PM
I think we sign Dielman, Petigout, and possibly Stallworth in Offseason. If we sign Stallworth, bye bye Marty Booker

RealDriscoll
02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I said compared to alleman he may as well be a D-3 player. And big deal if he won the Rimington, it's a college award, not an NFL award. He's not big or strong, not super fast, and played in a scheme that doesn't translate to most teams.

Big Deal it's a College Award? The award means he excelled in the last level he played in. Mozes will be a steal in this draft.

RealDriscoll
02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
My Perfect Offseason

Free Agents:
Vonnie Holliday
Keith Traylor
Yeremiah Bell
Kawika Mitchell
Kris Dielman
Cleo Lemon

Draft
1-Brady Quinn
2-Chris Houston
3-Rufus Alexander
4-Marcus Thomas
6-Dan Mozes
7-Stephen Heyer T Maryland

Release
Dan Wilkinson(2.1 mill)
Bennie Anderson(2.1 mill)
Seth McKInney(4 mill)
Jeno James( 4 mill)
Joey Harrington (3.5 mill)
Manny Wright(649K)

Restructure
Kevin Carter
Marty Booker
Zach Thomas
Olindo Mare

Captain Lou
02-21-2007, 08:59 PM
:rolleyes:
My Perfect Offseason

Free Agents:
Vonnie Holliday
Keith Traylor
Yeremiah Bell
Kawika Mitchell
Kris Dielman
Cleo Lemon

Draft
1-Brady Quinn
2-Chris Houston
3-Rufus Alexander
4-Marcus Thomas
6-Dan Mozes
7-Stephen Heyer T Maryland

Release
Dan Wilkinson(2.1 mill)
Bennie Anderson(2.1 mill)
Seth McKInney(4 mill)
Jeno James( 4 mill)
Joey Harrington (3.5 mill)
Manny Wright(649K)

Restructure
Kevin Carter
Marty Booker
Zach Thomas
Olindo Mare

Why release Manny Wright ? He still has a ton o potential, and is very young. I think that would be foolish. The rest of the guys I agree with, not that you need my approval. :tongue:

slyfox13
02-21-2007, 09:07 PM
3848Ok but y manny:chase:

PoorRichard
02-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Don't the Dolphins, Texans, and Viking rotate their position in the draft in the different rounds because they have same record? I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere

WelcomeBack
02-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Big Deal it's a College Award?

And Jason White won the Heisman. How does that translate to NFL play?

CANDolphan
02-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Big Deal it's a College Award? The award means he excelled in the last level he played in. Mozes will be a steal in this draft.

We better lock up Troy Smith in the 2nd round, then.. I mean, he got the HEISMAN! You know how well that translates to NFL success!

Mozes has been called a possible UDFA because of his lack of strength and speed. I think he'll be taken in the 6th/7th, ignoring his physical attributes, but I really would be shocked to see him make any sort of roster with regularity.

And if we sign Stallworth, is there a way to sign him for 6 months, and Marty Booker for 6 months? Stallworth will get injured for half the year and I'd rather see Booker in there instead of Welker and co

FinsFan74
02-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Interesting and pretty good overall but I do have two quick questions.

1) How did you decide on us taking Alexander instead of Everett.

2) Why don't you have us taking a WR? We could use one with some speed and someone who could return kicks.
Amen to the WR!!

miamiron
02-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I hate to say this but the Jets look very dangerious if they get the players you have chosen for them!!!

NJdolphan42
02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I totally agree with this type of draft/offseason plan....if by the grace of God we do get quinn i think we should focus the rest of our picks, especially our first day picks on defense.....free agency we should go hard after dielman and or pettigout (yeah theres false start penalties but hes solid as hell) it would be way less strenuous on our cap to go after olineman then a defensive player such as clements, and when it comes to filling in holes on offense or defense our defense is in way more need of youth then our offense...Quinn....DB...de/olb and go hard after FA lineman such as dielman, man this could be an offseason better then when we got Feeley and traded a first day pick for gordon lolol:dolphins:

MustangFinFan
02-21-2007, 10:38 PM
dude you nailed it...i think thats the perfect draft.

first off im not a fan of drafting Quinn...but im not gonna be upset if we do. Chris Houston will make an excellent addition, Rufus Alexander is a good talent at OLB...Dan Mozes is a decent Center prospect....Marcus Thomas is a 1st round talent, but 4th round attitude problems. I dont know who Stephen Heyer is...but sure why not.

SR 7
02-21-2007, 10:40 PM
what i dont understand is how mock draft ppl dont do this righ! miami has the 40th pick in the 2nd! not 41st! it switches from round 1-3.

NIXFINS
02-22-2007, 12:15 AM
That would be the most solid draft the Phins have had in a while.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-22-2007, 12:18 AM
its nice that you used MS Word to really jazz up your presentation

shanem40
02-22-2007, 12:23 AM
That would be the most solid draft the Phins have had in a while.
how canu say that if brady is bust wich i htink he will be it would be a terrible draft

CANDolphan
02-22-2007, 01:37 AM
how canu say that if brady is bust wich i htink he will be it would be a terrible draft

I think Calvin Johnson will be a bust. Someone get the GMs on the phone and let them know NOT to draft him! Miami will take him so that other teams don't have to worry about his bust possibility

DonShula84
02-22-2007, 01:43 AM

:lol: :rolleyes2

dominizzo
02-22-2007, 01:57 AM

great Mock!! I like The Houston pick

WelcomeBack
02-22-2007, 02:34 AM

I sure hope Randy Mueller is listening to you.

You make a lot of sense...

:cooldude:

Clumpy
02-22-2007, 03:19 AM
I do not like the Bills draft

DonShula84
02-22-2007, 03:21 AM

That's the point :wink:

WelcomeBack
02-22-2007, 03:26 AM

See, you upset Clumpy. Now we all die :(.

What don't you like about the pick? :D

It's a great pick...

RonnieB23
02-22-2007, 08:56 AM
I hate to say this but the Jets look very dangerious if they get the players you have chosen for them!!!

And they didn't even give 'em the Skins 2nd rounder.

keithjackson
02-22-2007, 11:05 AM
i like some things and i am ambivelent about somethings, but the only thing i dislike is david ball going in the 7th to the jets, after we pick.

clbrazee
02-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Too much defense. We need youth and speed on offense. Also, we need a WR at least for returns.

Bumpus
02-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Sheesh ... why all the hatred for Mozes???

Personally, I dont see how he makes it past the 5th round. In fact, I'd like to see him chosen to wear the aqua in the 4th round just to make sure that we get him. The guy is an excellent center prospect and could easily be the anchor for our o-line for the next 10 years.

Go ahead and call me a WVU homer, but the fact remains ... the man can play.

SQuinn17
02-22-2007, 11:43 AM
no way sidney rice drops to 44. if he's there in the second, screw that cb.

arsenal
02-22-2007, 11:46 AM
thats a pretty solid draft... only thing is yeah chris houston is a good CB prospect and all, but they have sidney rice going a few picks after him to the bills... and if rice is there in the 2nd round we HAVE to jump on him, that would be a great pick...

chumbag
02-22-2007, 12:30 PM

If he plays better than you spell I'll be happy

chumbag
02-22-2007, 12:31 PM

If he plays better than you spell I'll be happy

CANDolphan
02-22-2007, 01:29 PM

Personally, I dont see how he makes it past the 5th round. In fact, I'd like to see him chosen to wear the aqua in the 4th round just to make sure that we get him. The guy is an excellent center prospect and could easily be the anchor for our o-line for the next 10 years.

How is critiquing a guys playing ability " hatred "? The kid showed what he can "do" in a NFL style offense practice and against other NFL caliber athletes.. which is close to what his chances are at starting in the NFL for any period of time.. which is nothing

Mozes needs to improve his strength and technique.. don't those two things sound pretty important to you?

Motion
02-22-2007, 01:34 PM

:sidelol: Seriously man, do some research before making some comments like that. That "CB" will most likely be a top 20 pick, if not higher, so if he were there in the 2nd it would be a no brainer.

Motion
02-22-2007, 01:35 PM

Its not hatred, its reality. The guy's game doesn't translate as well to the NFL.

Stitches
02-22-2007, 01:56 PM

Homer. :chuckle:

The fact is the man can play awesome in WV's offensive line scheme against their traditional schedule of opponents. That doesn't mean he will automatically play well in the NFL.

And it may be a fact that the man can play, but by that fact, it is also fact that I can play(obviously not well is all).

Geforce
02-22-2007, 03:12 PM

If he doesn't run as fast at the Combine or at his Pro Day, he very well could fall to 44.

nuttie_buddie
02-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Nice "mock draft"....i have to say its nice one....if games wherre won on the fact how much u pay on ur qb position...and how many player u have sitting around doin nothing...but being payed top dollar....soooo when u do finally wake up and stop dreaming make a draft where we actually draft someone who will fall to that spot n a player u could actually use....then it would be more worth the post....u know...:rolleyes2

and just between me and u brady quinn is a choke artest....:D

Bumpus
02-23-2007, 03:18 PM
:chase:
OK...

Difference of opinion on Mozes ... Mark it down, I still say that he's going to have a great career in the NFL.