PDA

View Full Version : Pick 40, who is the guy btw these 2, and some mueller insight from me.

SR 7
02-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Who do yo want in round 2?

(btw in that article it stated that Mueller said at the Sr Bowl week that they are ready for FA and it was time to get the draft stuff going.)

I wonder who they have planned to pursue, hopefully pull of a Browns scenario and attack on the dime b/c they already know who they want and not like saban as reports said he was SOO hesitant on pulling hte trigger taht we lost out on a few players that they want and atcually wound up doing well on the team they ended up signing with. Mueller prob knows who he wants and where adn im sure it involves SPEED. :)

Elliott 1
02-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Joe staley, a really fast LT.

Or, if he slides, Jarvis Moss, a really fast DE/OLB.

Or, Ted Ginn may even slide if he misses the combine.

PublixSubsRule
02-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Merriweather is too good to pass up, even though i would have no problem with Staley. I just think Merriweather will help us out more next season.

Kobe
02-22-2007, 08:52 AM
I wouldnt mind either, but I still think Merriweather is a steal in the second.

Motion
02-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Neither really, if I had to choose I'd take Staley. But I think there will be MUCH better options available. Not a big fan of Meriweather.

FinaticalOne
02-22-2007, 09:28 AM
I think there will be better options available too, but if I had to chose between the two; probably Staley. If Merriweather wasn't such a problem child, he would be my choice.

Motion
02-22-2007, 09:33 AM
I think there will be better options available too, but if I had to chose between the two; probably Staley. If Merriweather wasn't such a problem child, he would be my choice.

Yeah, I think a change of scenery would be the best thing for that guy.

Pocoloco
02-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Pozlusky, if he slides, would be incredible. Otherwise I think we're looking corner or DE/OLB

Mr772
02-22-2007, 10:04 AM
If any of you guys watched the senior bowl you would know how horrible Staley the QB Killer is.

Stitches
02-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Pozlusky, if he slides, would be incredible. Otherwise I think we're looking corner or DE/OLB

I hope Poz slides, if not someone like Anthony Spencer, Beason, or Sidney Rice sliding to 40 would be awesome. Even Michael Griffin or some CB that ends up sliding. We should get great talent with both of our 1st two picks.

Spiff
02-22-2007, 10:16 AM
No, we're not. We're looking BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. That's what Mueller said.

Geforce
02-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Merriweather would be my first choice. He's a playmaker and we need that in our secondary. Plus he could provide more immediate help.

Staley is definitely fast and athletic but he is not very strong and it showed this year. He got bullrushed quite a few times and gave up sacks as a result. He even showed at the Senior Bowl that he's not NFL ready.

Ronski_doodle
02-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Gil Brandt said Tuesday. If Merriweather came out last year he would've been a top 15 pick. The Canes had a bad season and the FIU fight have hurt Merriweathers stock.
He has first round talent and other than kicking a football player in the head a few times doesn't make a guy a problem child.

FinaticalOne
02-22-2007, 10:43 AM
I hope Poz slides, if not someone like Anthony Spencer, Beason, or Sidney Rice sliding to 40 would be awesome. Even Michael Griffin or some CB that ends up sliding. We should get great talent with both of our 1st two picks.

I would love to have Spencer fall to us.

CANDolphan
02-22-2007, 10:56 AM
No, we're not. We're looking BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. That's what Mueller said.

Because BPA has worked out so well for Detroit!

Get real! You have no idea what Mueller is looking for, stop acting like it. I know what he might have said in the past, but youd be absolutely ******ed to think hes going to go up to the mike and say
" Hey guys, yeah well, all Im saying is we're going to attack the best person there in our minds.. no not a need player.
Oh by the way here is my current draft chart. Oh what's that? I'm fired? "

Crowder52
02-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Gil Brandt said Tuesday. If Merriweather came out last year he would've been a top 15 pick. The Canes had a bad season and the FIU fight have hurt Merriweathers stock.
He has first round talent and other than kicking a football player in the head a few times doesn't make a guy a problem child.

:lol:

Regan21286
02-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Staley looks like he has potential. Just needs to bulk up and get stronger and he could be a franchise LT. Merriweather's nice but we need CB more than S right now.

DolphanD
02-22-2007, 03:32 PM
For argument's sake I took Meriweather because I think he is a top 20 talent whereas Staley is a top 40 talent.

My ideal player at 40 would be WR Craig Davis from LSU. He's got height and speed. I'd also be happy with Sidney Rice or Chansi Stuckey in the 2nd Round. Both are raw but Rice has the size and speed and Stuckey can return kicks.

Delfin 22
02-22-2007, 03:42 PM
o line is a need

Motion
02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
For argument's sake I took Meriweather because I think he is a top 20 talent whereas Staley is a top 40 talent.

My ideal player at 40 would be WR Craig Davis from LSU. He's got height and speed. I'd also be happy with Sidney Rice or Chansi Stuckey in the 2nd Round. Both are raw but Rice has the size and speed and Stuckey can return kicks.

Wow, I'd say both those comments are a reach. Too each their own.

daniel3
02-22-2007, 04:02 PM

Get real! You have no idea what Mueller is looking for, stop acting like it. I know what he might have said in the past, but youd be absolutely ******ed to think hes going to go up to the mike and say
" Hey guys, yeah well, all Im saying is we're going to attack the best person there in our minds.. no not a need player.

lucky for us we are in need of a high calibre player at pretty much every position but RB. BPA all da way (that rhymes).

phinphan896
02-22-2007, 04:59 PM

it hasnt worked fordetroit but it has worked for Jacksonville, look at how competitive theyve been the last five years

CANDolphan
02-22-2007, 05:59 PM
it hasnt worked fordetroit but it has worked for Jacksonville, look at how competitive theyve been the last five years

Look how well drafting for guys that fit your system worked for New Orleans and Buffalo?

Everyone laughed at them for taking Donte Whitner, John MCCargo and Ko Simpson.. but I'll be damned if they dont have an awesome YOUNG secondary with Simpson and Whitner!

Ronski_doodle
02-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Buffalo had two number 1's, and Ko Simpson was the #7 pick in round two. You can get your starters pretty easy in the top 39 pics of the draft.

musphinzfan
02-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Buffalo had two number 1's, and Ko Simpson was the #7 pick in round two. You can get your starters pretty easy in the top 39 pics of the draft.

Ko went in the 4th..

Back to the picks if the Phins select either in the 2nd this draft will fail again!!