PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins can upgrade their QBs ... no picks required!!!

Kinzua
02-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Since the Dolphins have made it a habit over the last decade to trade away draft picks to get crappy QBs from other teams, maybe it's time for the team to try a different tack. There's all this talk about Houston trading David Carr for a draft pick. Ahem. Carp have been there, done that. Hint: if he's a first round pick who's been the starter and, now his team is shopping him for a pick, then the people who know him best think he's a bust. Just say "NO"!

It's not like there aren't QBs out there, ready for the signing! There are some FA gems that just need a little sprucing up to be "good as new"! How about Tommy Maddox? He was great in Pitt in 2003, but had the misfortune to get hurt in 2004 and lose his job to Roethlisberger. He might be better than anybody currently on the roster. What about Jeff George?

Of course, if the Fins wait awhile, they might get an opportunity at some real gems when they get cut loose from their current teams. Rumor has it that Dallas isn't big enough for both Tony Romo and Drew Bledsoe, and Bledsoe would definitely be an upgrade over Daunte or Joey. :lol: Then there's the situation in Jax which might leave either Byron Leftwich or David Garrard looking for new digs ... :lol: Then there's rumblings that the Bills are going to give stronger-armed, much younger Craig Nall a shot as JP Losman's backup, leaving Kelly Holcomb as a high-priced 3rd string QB, so he may be given his walking papers. Kelly H would definitely be an upgrade for Fins! :evil:

Instead of paying for the privilege of rooting around on the NFL's used QB lot, the Fins should trek out to the NFL's garbage dump with their QB-detectors and see if they can create a trash to treasure QB! :lol:

DolfanTom
02-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Since the Dolphins have made it a habit over the last decade to trade away draft picks to get crappy QBs from other teams, maybe it's time for the team to try a different tack. There's all this talk about Houston trading David Carr for a draft pick. Ahem. Carp have been there, done that. Hint: if he's a first round pick who's been the starter and, now his team is shopping him for a pick, then the people who know him best think he's a bust. Just say "NO"!

It's not like there aren't QBs out there, ready for the signing! There are some FA gems that just need a little sprucing up to be "good as new"! How about Tommy Maddox? He was great in Pitt in 2003, but had the misfortune to get hurt in 2004 and lose his job to Roethlisberger. He might be better than anybody currently on the roster. What about Jeff George?

Of course, if the Fins wait awhile, they might get an opportunity at some real gems when they get cut loose from their current teams. Rumor has it that Dallas isn't big enough for both Tony Romo and Drew Bledsoe, and Bledsoe would definitely be an upgrade over Daunte or Joey. :lol: Then there's the situation in Jax which might leave either Byron Leftwich or David Garrard looking for new digs ... :lol: Then there's rumblings that the Bills are going to give stronger-armed, much younger Craig Nall a shot as JP Losman's backup, leaving Kelly Holcomb as a high-priced 3rd string QB, so he may be given his walking papers. Kelly H would definitely be an upgrade for Fins! :evil:

Instead of paying for the privilege of rooting around on the NFL's used QB lot, the Fins should trek out to the NFL's garbage dump with their QB-detectors and see if they can create a trash to treasure QB! :lol:Sorry, Wannstache and Satan no longer work for us!

arsenal
02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
well if we were to ask anyone about how to upgrade a sh1tty QB situation to an even sh1ttier one... a bills fan would be the most knowledgeable... they have a lot of experience in that department...

finsrclowns
02-22-2007, 02:37 PM
No, I have it on the word of well known football expert Feel the Pain that Dunsay is as good as Brady and will soon be reverting to Pro Bowl form.:lol: So the future is in the five year old girl's hands of C-Choke.:lol:

GoBills24
02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
well if we were to ask anyone about how to upgrade a sh1tty QB situation to an even sh1ttier one... a bills fan would be the most knowledgeable... they have a lot of experience in that department...

Sorry, you must be confused.

We actually have a competent QB starting for us now..and he's still developing.

He's going to surprise a lot of people in 2007.

DolfanTom
02-22-2007, 02:41 PM
He's going to surprise a lot of people in 2007.You better hope so!

GoBills24
02-22-2007, 02:43 PM
You better hope so!

As NFL fans, that's about all we have to get us through the off-season, right?

:wink:

DolfanTom
02-22-2007, 02:45 PM
As NFL fans, that's about all we have to get us through the off-season, right?

:wink:Yes - Hope - as in my sig!

GoBills24
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes - Hope - as in my sig!

The Dolphins get instant credibility in my book if they grab Quinn.

I've seen every game in Brady's Notre Dame career (Go Irish) and I can tell you he's the best QB prospect since Carson Palmer.

But, I do not think he'll drop even close to where the Dolphins pick. Thank God for that!

:lol:

DolfanTom
02-22-2007, 02:54 PM

I've seen every game in Brady's Notre Dame career (Go Irish) and I can tell you he's the best QB prospect since Carson Palmer.

But, I do not think he'll drop even close to where the Dolphins pick. Thank God for that!

:lol:Probably not. That's why I'm hoping we trade up. Over the last 10 years, and including this April's draft, I would only pick Peyton over Quinn. Maybe Palmer too. That's how good I think he can be!

GoBills24
02-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Probably not. That's why I'm hoping we trade up. Over the last 10 years, and including this April's draft, I would only pick Peyton over Quinn. Maybe Palmer too. That's how good I think he can be!

Doesn't hurt that he's already worked in an NFL offense under Weis.

This is only the first of many Irish QB's to go high first round.

Remember this name in a few years: Jimmy Clausen.

DolfanTom
02-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Remember this name in a few years: Jimmy Clausen.I hope we're not in any position to draft him :wink:

TotoreMexico
02-22-2007, 03:19 PM

:lol:

Screw you!

He will drop! I better start praying:(

INPHINITY
02-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry, you must be confused.

We actually have a competent QB starting for us now..and he's still developing.

He's going to surprise a lot of people in 2007. Gobble any 24" lately:sidelol: :sidelol: You have the best Bills name ever:sidelol:

Enforcerfin33
02-23-2007, 09:35 AM
People holding glass footballs shouldn't cast them at others. Just in case you forgot, J.P. "oh I'm so" Lostman is NOT a good QB. And he's developing alright, into a beautiful young lady....:lol:

Perfect23
02-23-2007, 09:50 AM
right

retired opfinistic
02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Of course, if the Fins wait awhile, they might get an opportunity at some real gems when they get cut loose from their current teams. Rumor has it that Dallas isn't big enough for both Tony Romo and Drew Bledsoe, and Bledsoe would definitely be an upgrade over Daunte or Joey. :lol:

I'll take Bledsoe, he has a history of turning Backups into stars, :rolleyes2 except in Buffalo, that is.

arsenal
02-23-2007, 10:29 AM
DolphanTom, how are you even trying to have an actual football conversation with a bills fan... bills fans have no comprehension of anything like football, reading, addition, sex with humans, etc... if it doesn't have to do with sheep rapings or flinging poo at each other, your basically talking to yourself

DolfanTom
02-23-2007, 10:45 AM
DolphanTom, how are you even trying to have an actual football conversation with a bills fan... bills fans have no comprehension of anything like football, reading, addition, sex with humans, etc... if it doesn't have to do with sheep rapings or flinging poo at each other, your basically talking to yourselfWhat was I thinking! :lol:

Mike13
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I see the surgery to seperate its' brain from its' *** did not go well with Kinzua.

Kinzua
02-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I see the surgery to seperate its' brain from its' *** did not go well with Kinzua.

What? You don't think Maddox or Bledsoe or Leftwich or anybody else I named wouldn't be better than Daunte or Joey, especially since they would cost no draft picks! The Carp are already in the hole for two guys that can't play very well in the NFL, no need to throw more picks at the position.

If Cleo can't step up, then Daunte and Joey are gonna lose your team at least three games just from their sheer ineptitude. They both make bad decisions at the very worst of times!

FINdestructible
02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
DolphanTom, how are you even trying to have an actual football conversation with a bills fan... bills fans have no comprehension of anything like football, reading, addition, sex with humans, etc... if it doesn't have to do with sheep rapings or flinging poo at each other, your basically talking to yourself

Ouch! :lol:

Enforcerfin33
02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
What? You don't think Maddox or Bledsoe or Leftwich or anybody else I named wouldn't be better than Daunte or Joey, especially since they would cost no draft picks! The Carp are already in the hole for two guys that can't play very well in the NFL, no need to throw more picks at the position.

If Cleo can't step up, then Daunte and Joey are gonna lose your team at least three games just from their sheer ineptitude. They both make bad decisions at the very worst of times!
While mediocrity might be ok for your team, we wont except that. Sorry we dont want QB's that have been kicked off their teams or who have been warming the bench.

Kinzua
02-23-2007, 08:55 PM
While mediocrity might be ok for your team, we wont except that. Sorry we dont want QB's that have been kicked off their teams or who have been warming the bench.

:sidelol: Excuse me, but the only reason that Daunte and Joey weren't "kicked off their teams" was because Saban was willing to give up picks for them. The fool had no patience -- or he was completely ignorant about how things work in the NFL. If he'd stuck with Ferret for a while longer, he definitely could have had Daunte for less than a second rounder -- and maybe for nothing, and he definitely could have had Joey for nothing! Both had worn out their welcome in Minny and Detroit, and Joey was due a fat roster bonus before TC! :sidelol:

Darn! The rest of the AFCE teams are sure gonna miss the Nickanator's ace personnel moves! :fire:

Mike13
02-23-2007, 11:16 PM

Whose to say we son't draft Stanton or Quinn? Who's to say Daunte can't returm to form? Who's to say that Matt Millen won't take Joey back?(Hey He really is that stupid.)

Enforcerfin33
02-23-2007, 11:18 PM
:sidelol: Excuse me, but the only reason that Daunte and Joey weren't "kicked off their teams" was because Saban was willing to give up picks for them. The fool had no patience -- or he was completely ignorant about how things work in the NFL. If he'd stuck with Ferret for a while longer, he definitely could have had Daunte for less than a second rounder -- and maybe for nothing, and he definitely could have had Joey for nothing! Both had worn out their welcome in Minny and Detroit, and Joey was due a fat roster bonus before TC! :sidelol:

Darn! The rest of the AFCE teams are sure gonna miss the Nickanator's ace personnel moves! :fire:
Ok you would just be plain stupid to not take a risk on Culpepper(oh wait remember who you are talking to) and you dont honestly think that Losman would start anywhere else but Buffalo.....maybe Oakland. Thats about it.