PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News! Brady Quinn will not workout at the combine.

FinAtic8480
02-22-2007, 05:07 PM
John Clayton on NFL Live just reported Brady Quinn will not workoutat the combine. He said Quinn plans on having his workout at Notre Dame Pro Day. Awesome News for us Dolphin Fans.

Salisbury hates the fact that Quinn wont workout, and ripped him a new one.

Bruzer
02-22-2007, 05:09 PM
That is surprising he needed a good workout to be a higher pick very interesting move.

GCD960
02-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss....

Motion
02-22-2007, 05:16 PM
:tantrum: They need to make the combine mandatory!

WelcomeBack
02-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Maybe he WANTS to be a Dolphin lol.

QrtBck13
02-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Sweetness lol i hope all the 8 teams drafting in front of us forget about him lol!!!!

FinAtic8480
02-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Man this is the best news all day, First he misses the Senior Bowl now the Combine, Im sorry but this has pushed him out of the top 5 for sure.

WISfinfan13
02-22-2007, 05:19 PM
thats not a suprise at all

IluvJuMiami
02-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Man this is the best news all day, First he misses the Senior Bowl now the Combine, Im sorry but this has pushed him out of the top 5 for sure.

That's a stretch bro. Not attending these workouts doesn't erase the ability that has already been recorded on tape. I do hope you're right though. And that's why I think Brady won't fall to 9- because I want it so damn bad.

twanderer
02-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Hmmm, very very interesting. Too much drama this guy.

ASUFinFan
02-22-2007, 05:26 PM
thats not a suprise at all

I think it is a huge suprise actually. Doesnt make sense to me. I love the news as a dolphins fan, but as an agent and him wanting to improve his draft stock it doesnt make sense. I would love for this to help him fall to 9 though, I think this is finally our chance to draft and groom our own qb. YES

Regan21286
02-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Awesome news. I'm wondering if Shea, who's tutoring Quinn for the Combine, had anything to do with it. If he did and we nab him at 9, then the Shea signing was an excellent one.

Motion
02-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Awesome news. I'm wondering if Shea, who's tutoring Quinn for the Combine, had anything to do with it. If he did and we nab him at 9, then the Shea signing was an excellent one.

I didn't even think of that. Hope not, that could probably be considered tampering.

Barry20

Even more interesting is your avatar. Who is that!

ASUFinFan

I think we signed shea for a number of purposes, but I also believe that the quinn connection was one of them. They are out here in phx training, im hoping I can run into one of them out and about to ask em questions.

ckparrothead
02-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Hard to see how this will affect him. On these types of things, Charlie Weis has his ear. You can bet Weis told him not to throw at the Combine.

It's hard for me to knock the decision, since my expectation was that throwing next to Drew Stanton will continue to drop his stock.

Quinn is under fire right now and this could be a way of telling everyone...judge my tape.

ASUFinFan
02-22-2007, 05:29 PM

Yah, no joke. That woman is well gifted, and thats an understatement!

Regan21286
02-22-2007, 05:33 PM
I think we signed shea for a number of purposes, but I also believe that the quinn connection was one of them. They are out here in phx training, im hoping I can run into one of them out and about to ask em questions.

That's pretty cool. I hope this relationship with Shea leads to a Quinn arrival in aqua and white.

I didn't even think of that. Hope not, that could probably be considered tampering.

If it is tampering, I fully endorse it. :lol:

emocomputerjock
02-22-2007, 05:33 PM

I'm not familiar with the rules - can you fill me in? What constitutes draft tampering? I mean, a player has the right to refuse to play for the people who drafted him (a la Manning, Elway, etc), and can so much as state that he wants to play for a particular team. Maybe there's something about Quinn we don't know that the Combine would have let us know.

ASUFinFan
02-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Hard to see how this will affect him. On these types of things, Charlie Weis has his ear. You can bet Weis told him not to throw at the Combine.

It's hard for me to knock the decision, since my expectation was that throwing next to Drew Stanton will continue to drop his stock.

Quinn is under fire right now and this could be a way of telling everyone...judge my tape.

Hm that is interesting about not wanting to compete against Stanton. Although I would like to see that if it were to drop his stock to 9. No matter what I dont think that this can raise his stock by any means. If he would have been lights out and looked amazing at the combine that definitely would have hurt our chances at him falling come draft day. Although I guess he can always have an amazing ND Pro Day. But those days always seem like gimme days to me. All you ever hear is how amazing they performed.

Rytackle22
02-22-2007, 05:35 PM
lets keep in Mind that he IS working out at Notre Dame on March 4th sooooo you'll get all of his combine like stats, only on a different date.

PhinstiGator
02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Quinn's agent...Tom Condon is directing this move. It could easily cost him 10 million dollars. But, if he didn't separate himself in comparison to the other QB's at the combine...it would have cost him much more.

It's a conservative, stop loss move that gives him a chance to climb up a few steps with a good workout.

I know that Rick Spielman's not too impressed with this decision.

ASUFinFan
02-22-2007, 05:41 PM
That's pretty cool. I hope this relationship with Shea leads to a Quinn arrival in aqua and white.

I would love for Quinn to qb this team. He would fit this team perfectly, same with Cams offense.

Stitches
02-22-2007, 05:43 PM
My only surprise about him not working at the combine, is with him saying how his goal was to be the number 1 pick overall.

etsudolfan
02-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Very interesting news indeed!! Something's going on....I mean why would he WANT his draft stock to fall...its obvious he doesn't want to be drafted by any of the teams picking in the top 5. He can say what he wants to about being drafted by the Browns, but actions speak louder than words. First he doesn't play in the Senior Bowl...then we hire Shea the coach that has been working with him...now he doesn't take part in the combine....maybe Mueller and Cameron have made their choice...as has Brady Quinn?

FinAtic8480
02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Twanderer has the best AVATAR on this Site. Can you say what a rack.

CitizenSnips
02-22-2007, 06:06 PM
The big name guys in the draft usually never do the combine. Also, just because their passing up the combine doesnt mean they cant raise their draft status through their Pro Day Work out. Remember Alex Smiths Pro Day? He didn't participate in the combine, he just had a ridiculous Pro Day and ended up going #1 overall.

Bruzer
02-22-2007, 06:09 PM
The big name guys in the draft usually never do the combine. Also, just because their passing up the combine doesnt mean they cant raise their draft status through their Pro Day Work out. Remember Alex Smiths Pro Day? He didn't participate in the combine, he just had a ridiculous Pro Day and ended up going #1 overall.

True its going to be a long wait till draft day I expect things to go back and forth till then.

FinAtic8480
02-22-2007, 06:23 PM
First Alex SMith didnt look bad in a Bowl Game. Second the guy that was battling it out with him for 1st overall didnt go to the combine. If im not mistaking neither missed the Senior Bowl. Quinn has looked bad in a Bowl Game, he missed his Senior Bowl. Has his stock falling and to make it worst Russell will go to the combine. For god sake Quinn is starting to have competition from Drew Stanton....

Shula Come Back!
02-22-2007, 06:27 PM

Who the hell is that wearing that finheaven shirt???

FinAtic8480
02-22-2007, 06:29 PM

Best Avatar on Finheaven, she should become the Finheaven girl what a rack.....

Dredd1050
02-22-2007, 06:32 PM

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. Is that his significant other?

kbeath
02-22-2007, 06:52 PM
no she is mine....give me my pick back....
hahah

dolphinfan0762
02-22-2007, 06:55 PM
as much as i like to believe that his stock has fallen, so we can draft him @ #9. he'll have a private workout in March like a few of them top players do, skip the combine.

ckparrothead
02-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Hm that is interesting about not wanting to compete against Stanton. Although I would like to see that if it were to drop his stock to 9. No matter what I dont think that this can raise his stock by any means. If he would have been lights out and looked amazing at the combine that definitely would have hurt our chances at him falling come draft day. Although I guess he can always have an amazing ND Pro Day. But those days always seem like gimme days to me. All you ever hear is how amazing they performed.

Drew Stanton is really good at these shirts and underwear type things. Good arm, good physique, footwork, and accuracy. When the lights come on you prefer Brady Quinn 9 times out of 10, but when you're doing all these pajama workouts, Drew Stanton looking just as good as Brady Quinn can ONLY drag Brady down IMO. And, Brady can be looking great all during the workouts, but if Drew is looking the same, then that still nets as a negative for Brady.

So in this case I think Brady's saying let Stanton have a good day...as long as there's a loss of comparative perspective, they'll have to pop in the tapes to compare these guys...and when you pop in the tapes you take Quinn 9 times out of 10.

Crowder52
02-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Quinn's agent...Tom Condon is directing this move. It could easily cost him 10 million dollars. But, if he didn't separate himself in comparison to the other QB's at the combine...it would have cost him much more.

It's a conservative, stop loss move that gives him a chance to climb up a few steps with a good workout.

I know that Rick Spielman's not too impressed with this decision.

:yes:

I completey agree with this assessment.

ASUFinFan
02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Drew Stanton is really good at these shirts and underwear type things. Good arm, good physique, footwork, and accuracy. When the lights come on you prefer Brady Quinn 9 times out of 10, but when you're doing all these pajama workouts, Drew Stanton looking just as good as Brady Quinn can ONLY drag Brady down IMO. And, Brady can be looking great all during the workouts, but if Drew is looking the same, then that still nets as a negative for Brady.

So in this case I think Brady's saying let Stanton have a good day...as long as there's a loss of comparative perspective, they'll have to pop in the tapes to compare these guys...and when you pop in the tapes you take Quinn 9 times out of 10.

Thats a great assessment, thanks for clarifying that more. I can see what you are saying. Brady has the better game day tangibles, but when your just looking at strengths vs weaknesses on the practice field with no defense, stanton will look almost the same. And Quinn doesnt want a part of that. Its interesting thats for sure, but then again it somewhat seems to me, if that is the case, that quinn isnt very confident in his skills if he doesnt think he can out perform stanton. id rather him say, "Im the best and im going to go out there and prove it for these scouts to see", but thats just me. I am sure Quinn has alot of people with football / draft minds greater than mine helping him make his decisions though ha.

malzj
02-22-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't think it's going to cause his stock to fall one bit. If anything he'll be able to workout in a much more comfortable/relaxed environment. There will be alot less waiting around. Every scout and every coach that has a shot at him or has ever thought of trading up in the draft will be at the workout.

Brady is easily a top ten pick and participating in the combine can really only hurt him. He's going to play in the NFL regardless so he can workout as he pleases.

jlfin
02-22-2007, 08:12 PM

The top QB prospects almost never workout at the combine. They workout at their scripted pro days.

slyfox13
02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
John Clayton on NFL Live just reported Brady Quinn will not workoutat the combine. He said Quinn plans on having his workout at Notre Dame Pro Day. Awesome News for us Dolphin Fans.

Salisbury hates the fact that Quinn wont workout, and ripped him a new one.
as it should be" ripped that is". If they dont work out its usually cause they will suck! thats just my opinion however:cooldude:

OneHondo
02-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Any way we can start a rumor that Quinn has an underlying drug problem like someone did with Marino?

Regan21286
02-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Any way we can start a rumor that Quinn has an underlying drug problem like someone did with Marino?

Have Shea arrange a playdate with Ricky Williams. :lol:

ChambersWI
02-22-2007, 09:01 PM
First Alex SMith didnt look bad in a Bowl Game. Second the guy that was battling it out with him for 1st overall didnt go to the combine. If im not mistaking neither missed the Senior Bowl. Quinn has looked bad in a Bowl Game, he missed his Senior Bowl. Has his stock falling and to make it worst Russell will go to the combine. For god sake Quinn is starting to have competition from Drew Stanton....

neither went to the Senior Bowl cause neither were Seniors. Smith also rose because 1)there was no clear number 1 prospect so SanFran went with who they considered the best QB prospect (most other years, Smith would have been a mid first rounder at best), and 2) he was great at analyzing film (5 HCs watched film with him, including Saban, and Smith pointed out things the coaches didn't see)

Quinn could fall to us simply because of need. If Oakland picks Russell, like everybody expects them to, and the Lions don't take Quinn, he easily could fall to us.

There are other scenarios as well, if Oakland takes CJ, and Detroit doesn't go QB, Cleveland supposedly likes Russell more (according to their boards anyways), and would take him over Quinn.

If Quinn falls to us, it is not because his stock is really dropping, it's because everybody else is raising and he isn't helping his cause.

Part of me wants to believe that a slew of guys (Shea,Condon,Weiss) are telling him to wait so his stock will fall a bit, and he can be in a better situation (since the top 3 teams are not ideal situations). But I honestly don't think that's true.

FinAtic8480
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
neither went to the Senior Bowl cause neither were Seniors. Smith also rose because 1)there was no clear number 1 prospect so SanFran went with who they considered the best QB prospect (most other years, Smith would have been a mid first rounder at best), and 2) he was great at analyzing film (5 HCs watched film with him, including Saban, and Smith pointed out things the coaches didn't see)

Quinn could fall to us simply because of need. If Oakland picks Russell, like everybody expects them to, and the Lions don't take Quinn, he easily could fall to us.

There are other scenarios as well, if Oakland takes CJ, and Detroit doesn't go QB, Cleveland supposedly likes Russell more (according to their boards anyways), and would take him over Quinn.

If Quinn falls to us, it is not because his stock is really dropping, it's because everybody else is raising and he isn't helping his cause.

Part of me wants to believe that a slew of guys (Shea,Condon,Weiss) are telling him to wait so his stock will fall a bit, and he can be in a better situation (since the top 3 teams are not ideal situations). But I honestly don't think that's true.

After listening to ESPN all day, Quinn has pissed alot of people by saying he is not going to the Combine. I honestly think that if your stock begins to fall after a Bowl Game and you miss the Senior Bowl. Then you come out and say your not going to the Combine,your stock will continue to fall some more. I mean look at Lienart last year look where he ended up. Lienart won the bowl game, and he was the more NFL ready QB.Im just being optamistic and you cant say that alot of people out there aren't liking the posibilities.

By the way your right Smith was a JR when he became draft eligible, but I dont remember any news on his stock falling and he didnt play in any bowl games. I repeat when you play against the opposing QB that is challenging you for a Draft Spot at a Bowl game, everything changes. Russell looked alot better that day, and now with him going to the combine and Quinn not he is assuring himself the number 1 overall. Sorry but after today Quinn has to have a hell of a Pro day. We will see if he even shows up tommorrow for any of the Medical examinations

ChambersWI
02-22-2007, 09:35 PM
By the way your right Smith was a JR when he became draft eligible, but I dont remember any news on his stock falling and he didnt play in any bowl games. I repeat when you play against the opposing QB that is challenging you for a Draft Spot at a Bowl game, everything changes. Russell looked alot better that day, and now with him going to the combine and Quinn not he is assuring himself the number 1 overall. Sorry but after today Quinn has to have a hell of a Pro day. We will see if he even shows up tommorrow for any of the Medical examinations

Smith did play in a bowl game. Utah killed Pittsburgh in the Fiesta Bowl.

It doesn't matter what Quinn does, he won't fall past us IMO, and if he somehow does, Carolina will snag him in a heartbeat.

Sean
02-22-2007, 09:40 PM
more chance for Quinn to drop to us, i think he wants to come here because he signed Shea, he's prolly seceretly showing it in a way.:chase:

34isback
02-22-2007, 09:46 PM
so this board is cheering and not worrying for a guy they want? I would stay far away from this guy as possible. just because he's a qb doesn't mean anything. jeez

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
02-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes, I agree with the person above me in the thread. While my opinions are my opinions, getting Quinn, there seems to be something totally wrong about it. How can you risk a top 10 pick on a QB who hasn't done anything in college? Never beat a ranked team, never won a bowl game. I'd rather trade up to 3 or 4 and try to get CJ, draft stanton in the second and fill in the OLB spot in the third. Don't expect me to hop on the Quinn-wagon.

Stitches
02-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Yes, I agree with the person above me in the thread. While my opinions are my opinions, getting Quinn, there seems to be something totally wrong about it. How can you risk a top 10 pick on a QB who hasn't done anything in college? Never beat a ranked team, never won a bowl game. I'd rather trade up to 3 or 4 and try to get CJ, draft stanton in the second and fill in the OLB spot in the third. Don't expect me to hop on the Quinn-wagon.

Where did you ever get that he never beat a ranked team or won a bowl?

And trading up to 3 or 4 would require our 2nd round pick. So forget Stanton. And there is a good chance Johnson goes #1. And if you want Stanton in the 2nd, you may as well pick Quinn over Stanton in the 1st.

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Haha actually if you've read sports news and fully watched college football, the media has repeated that a couple of occasions. I don't know if it was this post or another but one guy said "A comeback win over Michigan State last year is called a quality win" because MSU isn't a quality team.

Stitches
02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Haha actually if you've read sports news and fully watched college football, the media has repeated that a couple of occasions. I don't know if it was this post or another but one guy said "A comeback win over Michigan State last year is called a quality win" because MSU isn't a quality team.

I never said it was a quality win. I asked where you got the idea that Quinn never was the QB when ND beat a ranked team or won a bowl game?

Stitches
02-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Because I watch college football. In fact, i watched a college football game this past season where Notre Dame beat a #20ish ranked Penn State team. But I guess Quinn never lead Nd to a win over a ranked team, huh? :rolleyes2

TotoreMexico
02-22-2007, 10:18 PM

How do you expect to trade up and still get players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds?:confused:

Stitches
02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
How do you expect to trade up and still get players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds?:confused:

I guess he wants to give up our 1st round pick next season, or he thinks other teams will cordially lets us cut in front of them.

TotoreMexico
02-22-2007, 10:21 PM

Perhaps you should check out this thread:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=183998

Hope it helps...

TotoreMexico
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
I guess he wants to give up our 1st round pick next season, or he thinks other teams will cordially lets us cut in front of them.

Haha! that's my guess:chuckle:

PhenomenalPhin
02-22-2007, 10:23 PM
It's almost like he knows that the fins are going to draft him no matter what and he's just taking it easy because worst case scenerio he gets drafted at 9.

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
02-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Well on Cold Pizza today they did talk about him having an 0-3 record in bowl games, that's a definite. Said above, he may have beaten 1 ranked team and that was Penn State which was probably it because he was 0-4 vs. USC and his two wins against Michigan is when they weren't ranked and building. A link about him is below if anyone would like reading material.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_Quinn

OneHondo
02-23-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't like to compare QBs because each is different but I am sure there are simularities with some other good QBs and college records and bowl wins, One for example is John Elway, his record at Stanford was 20 wins and 23 losses and he never won a bowl game and never led Stanford to a bowl appearence. Seems like Elway was an early 1st round choice and had a pretty good Pro career. I am not saying that Quinn is great or the next Dan Marino but I think he will be a good QB and probably the best prepared of any college QB that has come out in a while because of the Pro style offense ND ran. He finished his college career with a QB rating of 152.6 which is pretty decent.

dolphin23
02-23-2007, 03:58 AM
I hate it when players don't work out at the combine, like one of the posters above said they should make it mandatory, unless of course the player is hurt.

Aussiefinfan54
02-23-2007, 04:09 AM
awesome hopefully that gives us a better chance at getting him

MoneyBrown
02-23-2007, 05:11 AM

I think if we ask politely teams will let us jump them....I mean Cameron is new, and it would be nice if they kinda helped him out a little bit....:lol: :lol: :lol:

PewterKrew
02-23-2007, 05:54 AM
Well, if he has a bad showing at his pro day his stock could fall alot futher then A. Rodgers did a few years back

2413fanphins
02-25-2007, 12:42 AM
quinn won't make it past the cleveland browns.

at this point, I see it going russell, thomas quinn, than probably johnson.

we will be trying to decide between okoye, landry or nelson, and stanton if we really think he won't be there in round two.

quinn just simply won't fall to nine. if he's as good as everyone says he is, it just won't happen.

Phanatical
02-25-2007, 12:49 AM
quinn won't make it past the cleveland browns.

at this point, I see it going russell, thomas quinn, than probably johnson.

we will be trying to decide between okoye, landry or nelson, and stanton if we really think he won't be there in round two.

quinn just simply won't fall to nine. if he's as good as everyone says he is, it just won't happen.

Better be careful mentioning Stanton at #9. The lords of the BPA will be all over you.:lol:

Geforce
02-25-2007, 12:50 AM
I guess Quinn is tired of being hounded by the press and took it out on the bench press. He did 24 reps.