PDA

View Full Version : Brady will still hold private workouts like Alex Smith did.

Captain Lou
02-22-2007, 06:44 PM
IMO the has no bearing on his draft status.

FinAtic8480
02-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Alex Smith didnt look bad in a Bowl game. Alex Smith wasnt out played and out performed by the QB he had to compete in the Draft at a Bowl game. Rodgers didnt go to the combine niether so in the end it didnt affect either one. Quinn missed his senior bowl, which i think Alex and Aaron made it to theres and now his combine. What makes it look worst Russell is going to the Combine.

ohiobryan
02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
he will give a private workout to the miami dolphins baby!

Pocoloco
02-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Russell is a freak of nature, so watch for some outrageous scores from him at the combine. It'll just make Quinn look relatively worse in many people's eyes when, in reality, Quinn is probably the better quarterback. The fact the Quinn won't be there will just help to raise some question marks.

DcRy82
02-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm not saying this is the case, but maybe Shea told him not to workout at the combine in hopes of other teams losing interest in him, therefore giving a larger possibility of him dropping to us. Im not saying Brady would do that or that he would even wanna risk the pay cut by dropping to the 9th pick just to play for the phins, but it could be possible.

Captain Lou
02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm not saying this is the case, but maybe Shea told him not to workout at the combine in hopes of other teams losing interest in him, therefore giving a larger possibility of him dropping to us. Im not saying Brady would do that or that he would even wanna risk the pay cut by dropping to the 9th pick just to play for the phins, but it could be possible.

Would you do that?:rolleyes:

emocomputerjock
02-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Would you do that?:rolleyes:

Did John Elway like Baltimore? Sometimes players do really strange things.

DcRy82
02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
No, i wouldnt, but maybe Brady wants to play for Shea.. like i said, im not sayin that it happened, or that it probably happened, im just sayin some players want to play for certain people just like when players choose which school they wanna play ball at... again for the third time for anyone else who might "mistranslate" im not saying that he is skipping the combine to become a phin, and no i personally wouldnt do it.

jlfin
02-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Alex Smith didnt look bad in a Bowl game. Alex Smith wasnt out played and out performed by the QB he had to compete in the Draft at a Bowl game. Rodgers didnt go to the combine niether so in the end it didnt affect either one. Quinn missed his senior bowl, which i think Alex and Aaron made it to theres and now his combine. What makes it look worst Russell is going to the Combine.

The top QB prospects almost never workout at the combine. I can't believe your post is serious.
Russell is an exception, if, in fact he does work out.
Alex Smith did not play in the Sr Bowl because I believe he came out after his Jr yr.

Dolfan2788
02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Alex Smith was a Jr when he came out.

I don't think Russell is going to have that good of a combine. People will rave about his arm and his size but you have to wonder how he is going to stack up against some other QB's that are going like Drew Stanton.

johngarry
02-22-2007, 08:24 PM

and here I wuz thinkin that I wuz the only wuz who wuz seein it that wuz! thanks cuz...

CANDolphan
02-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Except Smith was a junior when he came out.. Quinn faced a much harder/stronger/faster defense than Russel did, and Quinn didn't look that bad..

dominizzo
02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
That could be bad or good IMO

CANDolphan
02-22-2007, 08:42 PM
That could be bad or good IMO

I think :dolphins: it'll either :dolphins: work in our favor or :dolphins:against:dolphins:us

:dolphins::dolphins:

Predaphin
02-22-2007, 08:49 PM

let's just hope that if we draft him, he doesn't turn out like Alex Smith.

johngarry
02-22-2007, 08:53 PM
let's just hope that if we draft him, he doesn't turn out like Alex Smith.

bro, Alex has had '3', count em, '3' different OCo's in his 3 years in the league! that's 3 different systems in those same 3 years; and he didn't see improvement until last season under Norv...sucks being Alex Smith/QB in the NoFunLeague so far...(imo)

montrealfinfan
02-22-2007, 09:14 PM
alex smith showed potential this year

FinAtic8480
02-22-2007, 09:14 PM
After listening to ESPN all day, Quinn has pissed alot of people by saying he is not going to the Combine. I honestly think that if your stock begins to fall after a Bowl Game and you miss the Senior Bowl. Then you come out and say your not going to the Combine,your stock will continue to fall some more. I mean look at Lienart last year look where he ended up. Im just being optamistic and you cant see that alot of people out there aren't liking the posibilities.

By the way your right Smith was a JR when he became draft eligible, but I dont remember any news on his stock falling and he didnt play in any bowl games. I repeat when you play against the opposing QB that is challenging you for a Draft Spot at a Bowl game, everything changes. Russell looked alot better that day, and now with him going to the combine and Quinn not he is assuring himself the number 1 overall. Sorry but after today Quinn has to have a hell of a Pro day. We will see if he even shows up tommorrow for any of the Medical examinations.

Regan21286
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM

If Shea really wanted to deserve his job, he'd tell Brady Quinn to just work out for the Dolphins. Lock him up in that practice dome.

JFoxx
02-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I can't see where this is anything but potentially good news for any of us that want Quinn as a Phin. Skipping the combine probably was recommended to him because the thought process that he could only lose ground being compare to others there. So by holding his own later, he gets all the attention. Problem is, that others will question the numbers and reasons as to why he did this. I can see the same thing happening to him that happened to M.Leinhart last year. People were really turned off by the way things went down before the draft and he kept dropping because people started to worry and second-guess what was up with him. I hope the do the same with Brady this year.

Elliott 1
02-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I have a really bad feeling about Quinn. He looks like a carbon copy of Joey Harrington. Maybe that's why Detroit isn't interested.

jyockel99
02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
personally, i dotn care what Brady Quinn does. I think if he does fall to us, we shouldn't take him. I say we give Daunte one mor eyear, becasue he was to good to give up on alltogether. I've also got no problem passing on a quarterback in this draft becasue next year is looking to have an amazing crop of qbs, witht the lieks of Brian Brohm, Chad Heene, and Colt Breenan, and i want to wait until then.

DonShula84
02-23-2007, 12:02 AM
After listening to ESPN all day, Quinn has pissed alot of people by saying he is not going to the Combine. I honestly think that if your stock begins to fall after a Bowl Game and you miss the Senior Bowl. Then you come out and say your not going to the Combine,your stock will continue to fall some more. I mean look at Lienart last year look where he ended up. Im just being optamistic and you cant see that alot of people out there aren't liking the posibilities.

By the way your right Smith was a JR when he became draft eligible, but I dont remember any news on his stock falling and he didnt play in any bowl games. I repeat when you play against the opposing QB that is challenging you for a Draft Spot at a Bowl game, everything changes. Russell looked alot better that day, and now with him going to the combine and Quinn not he is assuring himself the number 1 overall. Sorry but after today Quinn has to have a hell of a Pro day. We will see if he even shows up tommorrow for any of the Medical examinations.

yes he did

DonShula84
02-23-2007, 12:02 AM
I have a really bad feeling about Quinn. He looks like a carbon copy of Joey Harrington. Maybe that's why Detroit isn't interested.

Watch them play and you'll stop feeling that way...

FinAtic8480
02-23-2007, 12:19 AM
What Bowl Game did he play in....

DonShula84
02-23-2007, 12:23 AM
What Bowl Game did he play in....

Fiesta Bowl vs Pitt.

Tureo
02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
he will give a private workout to the miami dolphins baby!
I hope it will help us decide if he will be a successful QB in our system or not. How can we say we are sold on Quinn. Maybe people just want to take a chance on a QB this year. If Brohm came out he would definitely get drafted before Quinn. I am just not sold on him or anyone other than CJ, Thomas, Adams, Anderson, and Landry. I think we have a chance to get one of the last 3.

Tureo
02-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Russell is a freak of nature, so watch for some outrageous scores from him at the combine. It'll just make Quinn look relatively worse in many people's eyes when, in reality, Quinn is probably the better quarterback. The fact the Quinn won't be there will just help to raise some question marks.
How then can you say for certan that Quinn is the better QB. I am not sold on either of the QBs but Russell has tons of potential. I am not so sure of Quinn's potential.

CANDolphan
02-23-2007, 01:32 AM
personally, i dotn care what Brady Quinn does. I think if he does fall to us, we shouldn't take him. I say we give Daunte one mor eyear, becasue he was to good to give up on alltogether. I've also got no problem passing on a quarterback in this draft becasue next year is looking to have an amazing crop of qbs, witht the lieks of Brian Brohm, Chad Heene, and Colt Breenan, and i want to wait until then.

Chad Henne? Are you ****ing serious?

What dont you guys understand.. you draft a quarterback as a FUTURE FRANCHISE PLAYER.. NOT AS AN IMMEDIATE STARTER. CULPEPPERS FUTURE WITH THE DOLPHINS HAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO TO DO WITH DRAFTING BRADY QUINN OR ANY QUARTERBACK. HED STILL START NEXT YEAR, HED PROBABLY PLAY OUT AS LONG AS HE WANTS.

We just need a young guy who can learn the system and step in when Culpepper calls it quits ( or we tell him to ) and light it up.