PDA

View Full Version : rethink draft picks

maverick50
02-22-2007, 10:03 PM
.we all ahave our own favorite players that we want the dolphins to draft and i wont apologize for wanting 'djuan woods and ryan mcbean they have good character but that isnt want i want to get inot here . What i want is to see which qbs besides quinn and stanton and russell that we might can land . ACTUALLY I am starting to believe that if i could pick three picks i would pick in rd 1 take dewayne jarrett evenif it is a little too high for him the kid will be a impact and that is a absolut fact. rd 2 i would take troy smith and in rd 3 i would take a olinebacker .
the truth is jarrett and smith would be a imediate impact players therefore help us on offense. if we cant get quinn we should push for troy smith .

it would not be a sin if we were to draft 2 wrs and 1 olineman and a qb then olb or a cb but i just hope guys that we can get a playmaker that scares defenses. alos think we should cut morris and minor and get someone better at rb.

Stitches
02-22-2007, 10:06 PM
You lost me when you said Smith would be an immediate impact player. :rolleyes2

phins3454
02-22-2007, 10:10 PM
I think Dwayne Jarret is much better WR than most people think, but Im just aginst the idea of drafting a WR with a top 10 pick, especially if we dont have a QB to throw him the ball.

As for Troy Smith, he just doesnt have the size nor the accuracy to be a NFL starter. IMO Drew Stanton would be a much better prospect

WelcomeBack
02-22-2007, 10:21 PM
In terms of QB, I'd probably rather have Trent Edwards before Troy Smith. Could be just my preference though.

Phanatical
02-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Quinn, Stanton and Leak are my top three choices at QB.

Stitches
02-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Quinn, Stanton and Leak are my top three choices at QB.

Leak?!

Really? Why exactly?

Stitches
02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
lol, I just saw you want to pick Stanton or Leak in the 1st round. Don't even bother explaining to me. :rofl:

Crowder52
02-22-2007, 10:27 PM
In terms of QB, I'd probably rather have Trent Edwards before Troy Smith. Could be just my preference though.

It's my preference as well.

Alien
02-23-2007, 12:14 AM
lol, I just saw you want to pick Stanton or Leak in the 1st round. Don't even bother explaining to me. :rofl:

:( im actually sad for this man that he would even think that... dont do drugs kids...

ottie35
02-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Dude, are you kidding me with the Smith pick? He is at best a second day draft pick......i cant see him going on the first day, and he isnt even one of the top 5 QB in the draft. Garrett wouldnt be to bad but id wait til after the combine to see how that goes, because as of now, GInn is the next best WR on the board.......i think we need to step back, breathe deep, and fill our most needed weakness on this team, OFFENSIVE LINE.

I vote for Levi Brown.

umpalu
02-23-2007, 02:06 AM
i am slowly warming up to the idea of drafting Smith. I am an Ohio State fan, and watch as many games of theirs as I can, but this is not a homer issue on my part. (I AM NOT FOR DRAFTING GINN AT 9 if that helps lol). Troy makes incredibly wise mature decisions for a qb at his level. There have def been numerous moments in the season where I saw him make a play or two that most people prob didnt notice but showed incredible maturity on his part, football wise that is. Dep on the combine, obviously, I wouldnt draft him higher than the forth round at best because of his height (yes flutie had height issues too and did ok, but he did only ok), but I wouldnt consider it a wasted pick if we did get him then. My only knock on him from watching him all the time is his height which is huge in the NFL, but in every other area he is way more than adaquate.

dominizzo
02-23-2007, 02:13 AM
I think Stanton will be the next Brees

salmael
02-23-2007, 02:23 AM
Hey I won't pretend Smith wouldn't be a good project to work on, but if we draft him before the 4th round I feel it would be a reach.

I really like Jarret if we go receiver at 9, though if he lays down a good 40 time at the combine he might not be there for us.

Aussiefinfan54
02-23-2007, 04:05 AM
we should take posluszny

miamiron
02-23-2007, 04:35 AM
You lost me when you said Smith would be an immediate impact player. :rolleyes2

Me to!!:confused:

Crunkcore
02-23-2007, 04:46 AM
lets hope the Browns draft Smith :lol:
If we can't get Quinn, then we should get Stanton.

FinaticalOne
02-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Dude, are you kidding me with the Smith pick? He is at best a second day draft pick......i cant see him going on the first day, and he isnt even one of the top 5 QB in the draft..

That I highly disagree. Smith will get drafted no later than the 3rd round. He will be a day one pick no doubt, and I believe he will go before Stanton because Stanton has always been too inconsistent with his play.

i think we need to step back, breathe deep, and fill our most needed weakness on this team, OFFENSIVE LINE.

:yes: