PDA

View Full Version : Players You'd like to see, and players you wouldn't at #9

jyockel99
02-23-2007, 12:02 AM
I would like:
Levi Brown

I'd besatisfied with:
Alan Branch/Amobi Okoye (Branch > Okoye)
Leon Hall

Mixed Feelings:
Brady Quinn(I really dont want him to fall to us, becasue i think Daunte will provide for a year, then next years QB class will be much stronger with Heene, Brohm, and Breenan leading it)

Would not like:
Gaines Adams/any DE
LaRon Landry/any S
Ted Ginn

DonShula84
02-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Would like:
Quinn/Adams/Branch

Satisfied with:
Brown

Dont want:
Ginn

ottie35
02-23-2007, 12:15 AM
I think you can throw DE/DT out the window with us signing Holliday to a 4 year deal. We need to address our weakness, and i think that is the only route to go here. We are fine at QB and WR, so my pick would be:

Levi Brown, OT, Penn State

DolphinDevil28
02-23-2007, 12:17 AM
I think you can throw DE/DT out the window with us signing Holliday to a 4 year deal. We need to address our weakness, and i think that is the only route to go here. We are fine at QB and WR, so my pick would be:

Levi Brown, OT, Penn State

What?

ottie35
02-23-2007, 12:22 AM
What?

What QB or WR would help us after Jamarcus and Calvin? Quinn isnt as good as you guys think he is, how did he do against good teams in big games this year? Ginn is fast, but his hands are questionable, Jarrett, maybe.....But levi brown is a mountain that will help protect pepp, and open lanes for brown. We need to address our offensive line.

ottie35
02-23-2007, 12:23 AM
By the way, you can forget that LSU winning the national title thing, as i think my gators will have a say in that not to mention USC.

DolphinDevil28
02-23-2007, 12:31 AM
By the way, you can forget that LSU winning the national title thing, as i think my gators will have a say in that not to mention USC.

That's another thing for another forum. (LSU is definitely more talented going into 2007 than Florida.)

...anyway, If Brady Quinn does fall to 9, we have to take a chance. We just have to. Yeah, it's a risk. But if you think Levi Brown is a sure thing, than...well I just don't know what, but it's not correct.

I know it's all about who's available where. But to say we are "fine" at QB and WR is not right.

WelcomeBack
02-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Want at 9:
Gaines Adams
Brady Quinn
Levi Brown
Alan Branch
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson
Dwayne Jarrett

Don't want:
Ted Ginn
Leon Hall

WelcomeBack
02-23-2007, 12:35 AM
...anyway, If Brady Quinn does fall to 9, we have to take a chance. We just have to. Yeah, it's a risk. But if you think Levi Brown is a sure thing, than...well I just don't know what, but it's not correct.

Agreed.

There's no such thing as a 'sure thing' in the draft. College greatness does not always equal NFL greatness.

Until someone plays a year or two in the NFL, you don't know who is a sure thing really. Maybe not even then.

Elliott 1
02-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Definitely don't want to see Levi Brown or Gaines Adams or any other player whose heart or intelligence is questioned. Either one of these players is way too risky for a top ten pick.

I really, really, really hope we can trade down and pick up some exta picks. If we can't then I want Landry if we don't re-sign Yeremiah Bell.
If we don't re-sign Welker I want Ginn.

Crunkcore
02-23-2007, 12:40 AM
I would like:
Brady Quinn/Levi Brown

I wouldn't like:
Safety

WelcomeBack
02-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Definitely don't want to see Levi Brown or Gaines Adams or any other player whose heart or intelligence is questioned. Either one of these players is way too risky for a top ten pick.

I can understand that Levi Brown plays a bit soft at times, but I don't like the intellect argument. According to a lot of people last year, including myself, Vince Young was going to suck because of his wonderlic score (which was naive on my part for believing).

As long as Gaines knows football, I wouldn't mind him playing for us.

ottie35
02-23-2007, 12:44 AM
I honestly think that we are better off at QB, than we are at OL. Our offensive line has beaten us the past couple seasons, as we have to watch our RB get stuffed, and our QB get sacked. It gets old, lets do something about it.....not much out there to really do anything on the market, so why not address it in the draft.

One more thing, OSU and USC were much more talented than FLorida last year, but who walked away with the crown. I think that offensively, we are better than anyone in the country. Percy Harvin is special, and slowing up this running game will be tough.

DonShula84
02-23-2007, 12:47 AM
I honestly think that we are better off at QB, than we are at OL. Our offensive line has beaten us the past couple seasons, as we have to watch our RB get stuffed, and our QB get sacked. It gets old, lets do something about it.....not much out there to really do anything on the market, so why not address it in the draft.

One more thing, OSU and USC were much more talented than FLorida last year, but who walked away with the crown. I think that offensively, we are better than anyone in the country. Percy Harvin is special, and slowing up this running game will be tough.

I know UF fans think Tebow is the second coming of Christ, but your offense isnt the best in the country until he proves he can carry the team. He did well coming off the bench and running up the middle, lets see what he does when it's all on his shoulders.

ottie35
02-23-2007, 12:49 AM
I know UF fans think Tebow is the second coming of Christ, but your offense isnt the best in the country until he proves he can carry the team. He did well coming off the bench and running up the middle, lets see what he does when it's all on his shoulders.

Ive heard he cant pass, but are you guys forgetting that this kid owns every high school passing record in the state of Florida?? I think he knows how to throw the ball, and throwing wont come as often, with this running game. Throw Chris Rainey in the mix, WOW.

But for what its worth, we signed a QB named Cameron Newton that could actually make an impact, if not this year, next.

DolphinDevil28
02-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Ive heard he cant pass, but are you guys forgetting that this kid owns every high school passing record in the state of Florida?? I think he knows how to throw the ball, and throwing wont come as often, with this running game. Throw Chris Rainey in the mix, WOW.

But for what its worth, we signed a QB named Cameron Newton that could actually make an impact, if not this year, next.

Well, if you guys have the best offense in the country, then LSU certainly has the best defense in the country.

Should be a great matchup.

...now, back to the draft.

RoninFin4
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
I'd like Brady Quinn, Alan Branch, or Dwayne Jarret at 9. I'd be okay w/LaRon Landry, he's a great player, but I think Jason Allen deserves a season of starting before we got drafting another safety. Levi Brown is 50/50.

Those I'd not like to see at #9 would include Ted Ginn, Jamaal Anderson, Leon Hall - though at this rate I doubt he'd be considered, or Darrelle Revis - there's a lot of depth at CB in the draft to be had in round 2 or 3.

ottie35
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Well, if you guys have the best offense in the country, then LSU certainly has the best defense in the country.

Should be a great matchup.

...now, back to the draft.

I agree, but your coming to the swamp this year, we beat you this past year in LSU.......

Draft, i am not saying that i dont like quinn, but i think that unless there is a player that is there that is just to good to pass on you take what you need. Quinn is not one of those players that you just cant pass on, so we address our pop warner offensive line.

ottie35
02-23-2007, 12:54 AM
I'd like Brady Quinn, Alan Branch, or Dwayne Jarret at 9. I'd be okay w/LaRon Landry, he's a great player, but I think Jason Allen deserves a season of starting before we got drafting another safety. Levi Brown is 50/50.

Those I'd not like to see at #9 would include Ted Ginn, Jamaal Anderson, Leon Hall - though at this rate I doubt he'd be considered, or Darrelle Revis - there's a lot of depth at CB in the draft to be had in round 2 or 3.

I agree and its so early to even know whom the best CB is right now, the combine should give us a pretty good idea, i believe the DB workout Tuesday.

DolphinDevil28
02-23-2007, 12:56 AM
I agree, but your coming to the swamp this year, we beat you this past year in LSU.......

Draft, i am not saying that i dont like quinn, but i think that unless there is a player that is there that is just to good to pass on you take what you need. Quinn is not one of those players that you just cant pass on, so we address our pop warner offensive line.

You could not possibly be more wrong.

ottie35
02-23-2007, 12:59 AM
You could not possibly be more wrong.

Ah your right, i was thinking of the Ga game......my bad.

DolphinDevil28
02-23-2007, 01:01 AM

It's cool. Still gonna be a great game.

RoninFin4
02-23-2007, 01:11 AM
I agree and its so early to even know whom the best CB is right now, the combine should give us a pretty good idea, i believe the DB workout Tuesday.

Absolutely agree - too soon to tell. I've seen Hall and Revis rated as the top 2 in most mocks/draft boards. But I still think we can get a solid CB in round 2, and I still think there's a shot to land one of the three between Quinn, Branch and Jarrett.

CANDolphan
02-23-2007, 01:35 AM
(LSU is definitely more talented going into 2007 than Florida.).

Not sure I agree with that... plus Florida has Urban Meyer, while LSU has.. Les Miles..

Urban has brought in nothing but the cream of the crop for his system, and its a system that works, brilliantly, in the college ranks. Honestly, Florida is going to be absolutely dominant if they continue to get these highly touted kids year after year and they all arent busts ( Considering Tebow and Harvin, I dont think they will be )

I follow Florida football much closer than LSU, but LSU AND Florida are both replacing their star QBs, so I dont think either will be the best offense in the country.

Florida lost an absolute TON of people on defense, so Id give the nod to LSU.

UF has an amazing punt returner in Brandon James, so I give the nod there.

Wait why am I talking about this.

By the way, LSU, thanks for the offensive coordinator! ( FSU Student who actually likes Gator football. weird )

CANDolphan
02-23-2007, 01:36 AM

The Georgia game is on a Neutral Field.

Strike #2.

DolphinDevil28
02-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Not sure I agree with that... plus Florida has Urban Meyer, while LSU has.. Les Miles..

Urban has brought in nothing but the cream of the crop for his system, and its a system that works, brilliantly, in the college ranks. Honestly, Florida is going to be absolutely dominant if they continue to get these highly touted kids year after year and they all arent busts ( Considering Tebow and Harvin, I dont think they will be )

I follow Florida football much closer than LSU, but LSU AND Florida are both replacing their star QBs, so I dont think either will be the best offense in the country.

Florida lost an absolute TON of people on defense, so Id give the nod to LSU.

UF has an amazing punt returner in Brandon James, so I give the nod there.

Wait why am I talking about this.

By the way, LSU, thanks for the offensive coordinator! ( FSU Student who actually likes Gator football. weird )

You mean the same Les Miles who has led LSU to their first back-to-back 11 win seasons in school history?

The same Les Miles who has pulled in consecutive top 4 recruiting classes?

Les came to LSU the same year Urban went to Florida. They are 1-1 since.

Elliott 1
02-23-2007, 02:02 AM
I can understand that Levi Brown plays a bit soft at times, but I don't like the intellect argument. According to a lot of people last year, including myself, Vince Young was going to suck because of his wonderlic score (which was naive on my part for believing).

As long as Gaines knows football, I wouldn't mind him playing for us.

I understand your point but keep in mind that Adams would probably have to learn the same kind of things that Jason Taylor did. Jason is an eleven year veteran and a very smart guy and one of the greatest football players ever, and he admittedly had a very difficult time picking up on all the concepts of his hybrid role. There was lot of memorization as well that he said was taxing.

I just don't see why we would risk this kind of thing on a top ten pick. On a 3rd rounder OK, but why not just take the next choice in the top ten who isn't as much of risk.

BTW I did some reading on Akbar Gbaja-Biamilla. He also struggled when trying to shift from DE to the hybrid position. I had no hope for this guy to even make the team but with a little more experience and some tuttilege from Capers this guy could get some playing time at OLB. He's a great athlete and has lost some weight to improve his quickness and flow in coverage.

dominizzo
02-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Gaines Adams, Dwayne Jarrett, Leon Hall, Jammaal Anderson.

Say no to Quinn, Tedd Ginn and Levi Brown

malzj
02-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Unless C. Johnson falls to us, we're taking L. Brown because Cameron has said you build from the inside out. Speaking about the offensive line/defensive line. Our weakest point on offense is our Oline. Once we get some solid protection we can then run the ball and use our talented qb to make up for any receiver deficiencies we might have.

Because look at teams that have solid offensive lines but are not very talented at receiver. San Diego and NE were that way but they had pretty good qbs. We have better receivers as well.

Aussiefinfan54
02-23-2007, 03:57 AM
would like
quinn, posluszny, brown

wouldnt like
landry, ginn jr

MoneyBrown
02-23-2007, 04:57 AM
I take Quinn if he's there at nine, and if he's not and Levi Brown is I take him, I believe Levi Brown could be the next Richmond Webb...

PLEASE Say no to Tedd Ginn!!!

I also say yes to Gaines Adams if my other two choices are gone and he is there...but Quinn and Brown are my two top picks...things could definitly change though between now and April....

And Quinn not being at this weekends combine raises an eyebrow!

Kyndig
02-23-2007, 06:17 AM
I would like:
Levi Brown

I'd besatisfied with:
Alan Branch/Amobi Okoye (Branch > Okoye)
Leon Hall

Mixed Feelings:
Brady Quinn(I really dont want him to fall to us, becasue i think Daunte will provide for a year, then next years QB class will be much stronger with Heene, Brohm, and Breenan leading it)

Would not like:
Gaines Adams/any DE
LaRon Landry/any S
Ted Ginn

hall is not a top ten pick

NorFlaFin
02-23-2007, 07:18 AM
@9, Quinn, Branch, or BrownNo to Ginn

Farmer
02-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Want at 9:
Gaines Adams
Brady Quinn
Levi Brown
Alan Branch
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson
Dwayne Jarrett

Don't want:
Ted Ginn
Leon Hall

same here, exactly

Motion
02-23-2007, 10:02 AM
How can any of you want Leon Hall at 9??????

Motion
02-23-2007, 10:03 AM

Incorrect. Our newest QB recruit John Brantley broke all those records.

PhinCanuck
02-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Want at 9:
Gaines Adams
Brady Quinn
Levi Brown
Alan Branch

Satisfied:
Reggie Nelson
Dwayne Jarrett
Ted Ginn

Don't want:
Leon Hall
LaRon Landry

Motion
02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Want at 9:
Gaines Adams
Brady Quinn
Levi Brown
Alan Branch
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson
Dwayne Jarrett

Don't want:
Ted Ginn
Leon Hall

Good list except Jarrett. :D

PhinstiGator
02-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, I'm going to have to be satisfied with whoever we pick...because that is life and that player will be a Miami Dolphin. Plus, I'm not a whiner.

I'd be happiest with the best available offensive player who will help us win the AFC east. I think 3 players fit that category for both the short term and long term.

1) Tedd Ginn Jr
2) Dwayne Jarrett
3) Levi Brown

tay0365
02-23-2007, 11:25 AM

Last years if we have a better LT, we still end up picking pretty high in this draft, On the other hand, if last year we have a more reliable QB that does not make so many bonehead plays at the wrong time, we are at the very least, in the playoffs. Thank about that, search your feelings....you know it to be true. :D

ottie35
02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Last years if we have a better LT, we still end up picking pretty high in this draft, On the other hand, if last year we have a more reliable QB that does not make so many bonehead plays at the wrong time, we are at the very least, in the playoffs. Thank about that, search your feelings....you know it to be true. :D

And which QB will be reliable? Tell me why quinn would be?

TotoreMexico
02-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Would like:
Quinn/Adams/Brown

Don't want:
Ginn/Hall

bluehaze
02-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Answer is in my sig! :lol:

SQuinn17
02-23-2007, 12:55 PM
anybody but ginn or leon hall at the 9 pick

rick32883
02-23-2007, 01:01 PM
What QB or WR would help us after Jamarcus and Calvin? Quinn isnt as good as you guys think he is, how did he do against good teams in big games this year? Ginn is fast, but his hands are questionable, Jarrett, maybe.....But levi brown is a mountain that will help protect pepp, and open lanes for brown. We need to address our offensive line.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/reports-from-day-one-at-combine.html

Also, Ginn, who arrived at Ohio State as a top cornerback recruit, said he wouldn't mind playing cornerback (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/02/ginn_in_focus.html) in addition to his receiver duties in the NFL.

i'd take him first round .. so what if his hands aren't the greaetest .. if he can't catch the football .. put him on the D side let his speed take the top WRs out of the games and since he's so good and having the ball go off his hands maybe he can tip it away from the other guys:sidelol:

i'm on the NO to QUINN wagon .. think of this .. the last BRADY(even though he doesn't play with the team) ALWAYS struggles in MIAMI!!:sidelol:

i say give ginn a shot and see what develops

LouPhinFan
02-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Best case senario:

Brady Quinn falls to us at #9. Then we trade down because someone else wants to move up and get him.

In case that doesn't happen:

Want: Branch, Okoye, Brown,

Satisfied: Landry, Revis

Not: Hall, Ginn Jr.

tay0365
02-23-2007, 05:21 PM
And which QB will be reliable? Tell me why quinn would be?

If Daunte is back (Big if), he is reliable, Lemon looked to be pretty solid when he got a chance, and Quinn is known as the smartest, and most ready to start of the QBs coming out this year.

Biggest knock on Quinn has been that he has not play as well against top Competition as he has against the weaker teams. Which is untrue, because if you look, he has had good games against teams like Michigan, LSU, Ohio State, Penn State, USC....to mention a few. Even the games you can consider bad games for him, very few you can call it his fault they lost.

The Reason someone like him would have been better is because the one thing even his detractors have to admit is that he makes very few bonehead mistakes, and is athletic enough to help find time. Also he has gotten better each year he has been with ND, which shows he is smart, and continues to learn.

With our Defense, and the RBs we have, it would not fall on his shoulders (Like it did for him with the Irish), as long as he can make the right play, and continue to help put the Offense in a positive position (No 3rd & 15). Just look at his career, and how he threw more then twice as many tds as INTs (With no running game, and few top receivers to speak of)

Career Statistics
Year.....GP...Comp...Att.....Yds..Comp %..TD..INT...
2003....12....157....332....1,831..47.3%...9....15...
2004....12....191....353....2,586..54.1%..17....10...
2005....11.....263....405....3,633..64.9%..32.....7...
2006.....13....289....467....3,426...61.9%..37....7...
Totals..48....900...1,557..11,476.57.8%.95.39..