PDA

View Full Version : IS Brady Quinn considered the next... Joey?

dominizzo
02-23-2007, 01:56 AM
HARRINGTON.. According to SI They are comparing him to Joey The Bust! I hope it aint true if Miami Is soo Interested in him!! Their Pretty decent with Comparasions but Not Joey!!

Thoughts?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bucky_brooks/02/22/brooks.top.qbs/index.html

AirMarino83
02-23-2007, 01:57 AM
i dont know why, but this same compairison crossed my mind the other day... im sure it was just a random thought... and holds no truth.

AirMarino83
02-23-2007, 01:58 AM
jared zabransky: jeff garcia coming out of high school... ouch!

Crowder52
02-23-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm not even a Brady Quinn fan and I personally find the comparison ridiculous.

dominizzo
02-23-2007, 02:05 AM
jared zabransky: jeff garcia coming out of high school... ouch!

LMAO

tylerdolphin
02-23-2007, 02:23 AM
I think another QB on that list named Drew Stanton could be our future QB

dominizzo
02-23-2007, 02:28 AM
I think another QB on that list named Drew Stanton could be our future QB

Stanton impresses me

Elliott 1
02-23-2007, 02:39 AM
6'4" 220 something, they might be a little alike.

But seriously, I think they were referring to their strengths and weaknesses being similiar.

Elfpower
02-23-2007, 03:39 AM
Sometimes I get so annoyed with the media. Just constantly dissecting. The only way Harrington and Quinn can be compared are that Quinn could be a bust. Meaning you could compare Harrington and every player picked in the draft. So yea thats where it stops. There playing styles don't look the same at all.

CANDolphan
02-23-2007, 03:55 AM
Harrington started 28 games.. while Quinn has started over 35.

Harrington struggled to complete 50% of his passes in college, Quinn completed well over 60%..

I mean, really, how are they related?

And on a side note, how the hell is Jordan Palmer on a list of Top Ten QBs? Chris Leak is a better QB prospect but he lacks the name " Palmer ". Much more intelligent, much more precision, and much more touch. Palmer throws some BRUTAL passes.. and he's the INT machine.

If you combine Jordan Palmer and Chris Leak, you'd have yourself top 10 prospect, easily.

jlfin
02-23-2007, 06:46 AM
HARRINGTON.. According to SI They are comparing him to Joey The Bust! I hope it aint true if Miami Is soo Interested in him!! Their Pretty decent with Comparasions but Not Joey!!

Thoughts?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bucky_brooks/02/22/brooks.top.qbs/index.html

Pure ignorance on their part. Historically, the QB's who have been heavily scrutinized and had successful college careers (starting for more than 2 yrs) do well. That includes BQ (also Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Marino, Elway). I think Leinart will be in that category too. It's the 1 yr wonders like JH, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf etc that disappoint. The jury is still out on Alex Smith. He had a good Jr yr and came out early. He was the 1st pick because it was a very weak draft.

jlfin
02-23-2007, 06:48 AM
i dont know why, but this same compairison crossed my mind the other day... im sure it was just a random thought... and holds no truth.

I agree, holds no truth.

dolfn66
02-23-2007, 07:42 AM
What if it were some GM's hoping that Quinn drops out of the top 10 that started it. :lol:

PerfectFinz72
02-23-2007, 10:30 AM
The comparison doesnt even make any sense. How can you compare a guy who has struggled throughout his NFL career and has a bunch of years under his belt to a potential top 10 pick coming out this year who has not played a down yet in the NFL? Other than them both being top 10 picks and both QBs, what else is there? This is a reach to me. Wait and see what happens with Quinn before he's labeled a bust. Its sad that guys don't even get a chance to prove themselves anymore before they even get a chance. If someone wants to label them a bust after a season, a half-season or no experience at all....they will without hesitation. :confused:

IluvJuMiami
02-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Harrington started 28 games.. while Quinn has started over 35.

Harrington struggled to complete 50% of his passes in college, Quinn completed well over 60%..

I mean, really, how are they related?

And on a side note, how the hell is Jordan Palmer on a list of Top Ten QBs? Chris Leak is a better QB prospect but he lacks the name " Palmer ". Much more intelligent, much more precision, and much more touch. Palmer throws some BRUTAL passes.. and he's the INT machine.

If you combine Jordan Palmer and Chris Leak, you'd have yourself top 10 prospect, easily.

Leak lacks the size of a prototypical QB.

I truly love this comparison. The more bad press Quinn gets the better it is for Miami.

TPD1479
02-23-2007, 10:46 AM

Thoughts?

Everyone is so full of it and two faced... A couple of months back all you heard was how he was going to be a great NFL QB and he was being compared to Brady. Now that theres talk of us drafting him he a bum, the second coming of Joey etc... It makes me sick cause until he is drafted by "someone' goes through mini camp, training camp, pre season, and actually wins the starting job NOONE knows what kind of QB he can or will be....
I remember last year being here in Ny how the JET fans were crying he didn't come out last year so they could have him, including all the masterminds on talk radio...
Whatever happens happens but I guarantee you he won't be a bum in the NFL...:dolphins:

tay0365
02-23-2007, 11:04 AM

Thoughts?

I have read plenty of info on him, watch footage, and have seen a good amount of games he has played in. He has the talent, has the smarts, but does he have the drive to continue to become even better (IF not he will not work out in the nfl).

Worse case scenario: Joey Harrington/Rick Mirer/Heath Shuler

Best case scenario: Joe Montana/Tom Brady/(stronger armed and hopfully healthier) Chad Pennington

Personally I do not think he will be another Montana (But you never know), but he could come close if not becoming a more athletic Tom Brady. He will have more advantages here, then Harrington, Mirer, or Shuler had to succeed, because he will not just have one, but two known top QB coaches that can work with him and allow for his progression, if his heart is in it.

dominizzo
02-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Im just freaking on how people say hes the next breeed of goldne qbs' to a Harrington prototype qb!! WOOOW

ckparrothead
02-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Well he's white, he's 6'4", and 220+ pounds. So, I guess he compares to Joey Harrington in that way.

They both have about the same arm, I guess he compares to Harrington that way.

But that is where the comparison ends. Brady Quinn isn't neurotic like Harrington. He's WAY more accurate throwing to receivers, especially ones on the move. He's got more athleticism. He's more consistent.

It's really a very terrible comparison.

dominizzo
02-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Well he's white, he's 6'4", and 220+ pounds. So, I guess he compares to Joey Harrington in that way.

They both have about the same arm, I guess he compares to Harrington that way.

But that is where the comparison ends. Brady Quinn isn't neurotic like Harrington. He's WAY more accurate throwing to receivers, especially ones on the move. He's got more athleticism. He's more consistent.

It's really a very terrible comparison.

CK do you really think Brady will drop that drastic to 9?

DolfanTom
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
SI is a great magazine for feature stories, etc., but they are BAD at predictions for the most part!!!

Ironically, you notice the first two QBs he features are compared to QBs currently on our roster! :rolleyes2

Motion
02-23-2007, 12:14 PM

Its not that drastic of a drop. Especially considering Leinart dropped to 10 just last year.

DolfanTom
02-23-2007, 12:17 PM
jared zabransky: jeff garcia coming out of high school... ouch!I watched a bit of the NCAA College Football skills challenge on ESPN2 yesterday. I think Zabransky and Stanton were back to back, w/ Stanton first. Stanton had a cannon .... then, when Zabransky threw, it looked as if he was lobbing the ball.

It was really telling the difference in arm strength (like the difference between Peyton Manning and Chad Pennington (post surgery))!! Perhaps that's why he got such a "ringing endorsement" from the writer.

ckparrothead
02-23-2007, 12:20 PM

I think that if the Raiders don't get Leftwich, then yes he very well could fall to #9. The Raiders would take Russell #1, the Lions take Thomas #2.

The way I see it, the Browns and Bucs are both zeroing in on Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson, respectively. As well they should. They're the top 2 talents in this draft and both the Raiders and Lions would be making a mistake passing on them.

The Browns and Bucs are two of the three teams that stand in the way of Miami getting Quinn.

From there, the Cards, Skins, and Vikings are not interested in a QB. The Skins and Vikings won't be interested in an OT, either...and the Cards may feel #5 is too high for Levi Brown.

That, IMO, gives the Texans a choice between Levi Brown and Brady Quinn. They have no left tackle. Fresh rumors say that Charles Spencer's leg is shattered and he won't even be cleared to jog until the start of training camp. He could miss all of 2007. They started Ephraim Salaam at LT all year long. With Jake Plummer coming to town, I'm thinking they go ahead and grab Levi Brown at #8. That's my take.

And so that leaves Brady Quinn at #9.

Other possibilities I see. If the Raiders do get Leftwich and take Calvin Johnson, this could have wide-reaching effects. It is uncertain whether the Browns would take Russell or not...but the rumor making the rounds in Indy is that they would and they do like him. That pushes Adrian Peterson down into a run of teams, the Bucs, Cards, Skins, and Vikings...that wouldn't be interested in Peterson. That would virtually eliminate the Texans from selecting Brady Quinn, as they would likely either take Peterson themselves, or trade out of the #8 pick with the Broncos so that they could take Peterson. The big question mark then becomes whether the Bucs go with Brady Quinn, or they try and grab some help for their defense. If the Bucs pass on Quinn in that scenario, he should be available at #9.

Another possibility is that the Broncos trade up to #8 whether Peterson is there or not, and if they do then both Levi Brown and Brady Quinn should end up available to the Fins...as the Broncos would likely be trying to get a DE like Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams.

So, there are a lot of scenarios in which Quinn is available at #9. The key is that Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson are flat out better prospects than Brady Quinn. I'm a huge Quinn fan, and even I recognize that. Peterson is one of the best runningback prospects that I've ever seen. Calvin Johnson is most certainly the best WR prospect I've ever seen.

DolfanTom
02-23-2007, 12:23 PM
I think that if the Raiders don't get Leftwich, then yes he very well could fall to #9. The Raiders would take Russell #1, the Lions take Thomas #2.

The way I see it, the Browns and Bucs are both zeroing in on Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson, respectively. As well they should. They're the top 2 talents in this draft and both the Raiders and Lions would be making a mistake passing on them.

The Browns and Bucs are two of the three teams that stand in the way of Miami getting Quinn.

From there, the Cards, Skins, and Vikings are not interested in a QB. The Skins and Vikings won't be interested in an OT, either...and the Cards may feel #5 is too high for Levi Brown.

That, IMO, gives the Texans a choice between Levi Brown and Brady Quinn. They have no left tackle. Fresh rumors say that Charles Spencer's leg is shattered and he won't even be cleared to jog until the start of training camp. He could miss all of 2007. They started Ephraim Salaam at LT all year long. With Jake Plummer coming to town, I'm thinking they go ahead and grab Levi Brown at #8. That's my take.

And so that leaves Brady Quinn at #9.

Other possibilities I see. If the Raiders do get Leftwich and take Calvin Johnson, this could have wide-reaching effects. It is uncertain whether the Browns would take Russell or not...but the rumor making the rounds in Indy is that they would and they do like him. That pushes Adrian Peterson down into a run of teams, the Bucs, Cards, Skins, and Vikings...that wouldn't be interested in Peterson. That would virtually eliminate the Texans from selecting Brady Quinn, as they would likely either take Peterson themselves, or trade out of the #8 pick with the Broncos so that they could take Peterson. The big question mark then becomes whether the Bucs go with Brady Quinn, or they try and grab some help for their defense. If the Bucs pass on Quinn in that scenario, he should be available at #9.

Another possibility is that the Broncos trade up to #8 whether Peterson is there or not, and if they do then both Levi Brown and Brady Quinn should end up available to the Fins...as the Broncos would likely be trying to get a DE like Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams.

So, there are a lot of scenarios in which Quinn is available at #9. The key is that Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson are flat out better prospects than Brady Quinn. I'm a huge Quinn fan, and even I recognize that. Peterson is one of the best runningback prospects that I've ever seen. Calvin Johnson is most certainly the best WR prospect I've ever seen.You know, while not a guarantee of course, none of these scenarios sound too far fetched!!! Unless the Raiders decide - at the combine - that Quinn is there guy, I could see any of these having at least a 50% shot of happening.

Please God .... we've suffered enough!!!

ckparrothead
02-23-2007, 12:26 PM
You know, while not a guarantee of course, none of these scenarios sound too far fetched!!! Unless the Raiders decide - at the combine - that Quinn is there guy, I could see any of these having at least a 50% shot of happening.

Please God .... we've suffered enough!!!

Draft season is long. The draft isn't until the end of April man. Two full months away.

With Quinn not working out at the Combine, the Raiders would have to be deciding on Quinn at his private workout.

DolfanTom
02-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Draft season is long. The draft isn't until the end of April man. Two full months away.

With Quinn not working out at the Combine, the Raiders would have to be deciding on Quinn at his private workout.
That's right. Forgot he was doing his own thing.

I know ... was thinking about how this is two months away this morning. Two freaking full months of anticipation on this!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!! :fire::fire:

Regan21286
02-23-2007, 01:47 PM

Thoughts?

No way is Quinn like Joey. Quinn is brought up in a pro style offense by a noted coach who's good with pro QB's, can operate under a bad OL, and is more consistent and athletic. Harrington, while having similar physical abilities, had his potential stunted by a coach in college who is notorious for turning guys with great abilities into horrible NFL QB's with stunted development. He was under a simplified offense that really didn't help him progress and it's a shame he had to go through that. Maybe that'll ward off potential elite QB's from going to a Tedford school.

rafael
02-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't compare Quinn to JH b/c IMO Quinn is much more accurate at least in the short passing game. I also think Quinn is a little more instinctive. Now I'm not a proponent of Miami drafting Quinn but I do think he is worthy of a 1st round pick. JH, on the other hand, I never felt was worth a 1st round pick.