PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia Movie

Motion
02-23-2007, 11:07 AM
February 23, 2007 - Pirates of the Caribbean producer Jerry Bruckheimer snagged the movie rights (http://movies.ign.com/articles/496/496626p1.html) to Ubisoft's hit game Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (http://ps2.ign.com/objects/535/535909.html) a few years back. The film version has been in development at Walt Disney Pictures, with the game's creator Jordan Mechner having penned a script at one point with screenwriter John August supervising it and serving as an executive producer.

With the Mouse House now hungry for franchises, JimHillMedia.com is reporting that Disney and Bruckheimer Films are "now gearing up to put a Prince of Persia movie into production. Because it's thought that a film based on this hugely popular series of Ubisoft Entertainment games (Which -- in theory -- will be Disney's big action-adventure release for the Summer of 2008) could then lead to a new hit series of movies for the studio."

Although not always a reliable source of information on upcoming films, IMDB.com is listing nineteen year-old Aussie actor Charlie Clausen as playing the titular prince.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/767/767122p1.html

Bruzer
02-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Interesting bad thing about game movies is most of the time they are crap so we will wait and see.

Motion
02-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Interesting bad thing about game movies is most of the time they are crap so we will wait and see.

Yeah, there are a few exceptions though.

Bruzer
02-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah, there are a few exceptions though.

Well the way I see it one of them will break the mold and prince of persia or metal gear solid I would love to break the mold as I enjoy both stories.

Motion
02-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Well the way I see it one of them will break the mold and prince of persia or metal gear solid I would love to break the mold as I enjoy both stories.

I agree, this one has some potential. Especially with Bruckheimer doing it.

I'm hoping for a God of War movie some day.

Bruzer
02-23-2007, 11:29 AM
I agree, this one has some potential. Especially with Bruckheimer doing it.

I'm hoping for a God of War movie some day.

God of war would be a very cool movie given the right people making it. Right now know Bruckheimer is doing Prince of Persia these 3 game movies have a shot because of the following.

Hitman - Skip woods doing the story which is the guy behind swordfish. Luc Besson being producer he has done movies such as the transporter.

Metal Gear Solid - because Hideo Konami is one of the producers he won't let his creation go to hell.

Prince of Persia - Bruckheimer did a great job with Pirates of Caribbean and prince of persia is a similar feel.

Phinz420
02-23-2007, 01:42 PM
God of war would be a very cool movie given the right people making it. Right now know Bruckheimer is doing Prince of Persia these 3 game movies have a shot because of the following.

Hitman - Skip woods doing the story which is the guy behind swordfish. Luc Besson being producer he has done movies such as the transporter.

Metal Gear Solid - because Hideo Konami is one of the producers he won't let his creation go to hell.

Prince of Persia - Bruckheimer did a great job with Pirates of Caribbean and prince of persia is a similar feel.

:poke:
You gotta mention "Leon: The Professional" when bringing up Luc Besson! He also was responsible for La Fem Nakita. He is the creme of the crop when it comes to putting together a solid hitman flick.

Shooting for "Hitman" begins in March!

Bruzer
02-23-2007, 02:18 PM
:poke:
You gotta mention "Leon: The Professional" when bringing up Luc Besson! He also was responsible for La Fem Nakita. He is the creme of the crop when it comes to putting together a solid hitman flick.

Shooting for "Hitman" begins in March!

ah yes forgot to mention that but those films have most promise to break the mold.

Alien
02-23-2007, 07:07 PM
i want a devil may cry movie... its just that its a movie i know uwe boll will jump up in the air and scream for a chance.... and yet people will keep hiring him. I dont know who they would have direct it, someone very stylish, but since its a video game franchise you wouldnt see tarantino or rodriguez direct it most likely. I cant even imagine anyone for the lead role either...