PDA

View Full Version : Some surprising attendance figures I read...

T-ROCK
06-18-2003, 10:17 PM
and the results did surprise me...

are Dolphins fans really not supporting the team as other team's fans support theirs???

Seems we support our team in greater numbers than most other teams fans do...

Read the View... (http://www.miamidolphinsonline.com)

Disgustipate
06-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Yeah, we have one of the bigger stadiums in the NFL..Like 3rd biggest, I think? Yeah, it's kind of a weak knock. The Raiders hardly ever sell out, yet they're considered one of the most dedicated fanbases. Why? Because they dress up like mimes in bondage.

iceblizzard69
06-18-2003, 10:24 PM
I wonder what the Bills fans will have to say about this. Our average attendance is a lot better and we fill up a higher percentage of our stadium than they do.

FFiB
06-18-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by T-ROCK

are Dolphins fans really not supporting the team as other team's fans support theirs???

There was never a doubt in my mind that we have excellent support down here. The only seats which are usually left are some upper corner seats.

I always have to laugh about the myth that we do not support the team especially when it comes from out of towners. Season ticket sales usually are between 56,000 and 60,000 and the remaining tickets usually sell in time. Even the so called non-sellout game against the Ravens (playoffs 2001) and Colts (playoffs 2000) were sell outs...just not in time for the local blackout to be lifted.

MDFINFAN
06-18-2003, 10:32 PM
Very interesting...I think Ricky had a lot to do with last year's numbers, I'd be interested to see what the pervious years were like..Hopefully, Seau and Knight plus Ricky's play from last year up those numbers this year.

SkapePhin
06-18-2003, 10:35 PM
Ya.. but how big a part does "winning" play into it.. I know we have some great fans down here.. but if the Dolphins were ever to struggle through a 3-13 campaign, I doubt the attendance would be any good.. Just look at the Marlins... They might as well be playing in an empty stadium...

EDIT:

Texans Reliant Stadium 69,500 69,915 100.60
How is this possible?

T-ROCK
06-18-2003, 11:06 PM
It just irked me when I read those results and thought back to how fans of other teams say that Dolphin fans don't support them... Those numbers are butts in seats... and ours a pretty high... Maybe if we had a stadium that only held 65,000 or less, like many on that list, every game would be a 100% sell-out...

MDFINFAN
06-18-2003, 11:08 PM
TRock, what's the URL to the bills fan message board?

VanDolPhan
06-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Don't forget Ricky being #2 in merchandise sales and Zach was still top 20. Miami has national appeal. I remember going to the Bills game in 95 against Miami and being surprised at the number of phin fans in the stadium.

T-ROCK
06-18-2003, 11:30 PM
www.billszone.com is the only one I know of...

Muck
06-18-2003, 11:44 PM
www.buffalorange.com Big one.

Good rap, T-Rock. Just proved a lot of myths to be false (Buffalo, Oakland, Steelers). To be fair, the Bears didn't have "home games" this year. They played hours away in Champagne at the U of Illinois. Speaking off....early reports are that the new renovations to Soldier Field SUCK.

Also, look at the Colts and Packers. Both over 101%. People just can't wait to get in there.

Clumpy
06-18-2003, 11:52 PM
www.billszone.com is the only one I know of...

The best I've seen :up:

Clumpy
06-18-2003, 11:53 PM
and if you go to the upper right corner, you can visit my Bills salary cap page (needs updating though) ;)

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Thanks guys, I've just sign out for Billszone and I'm laughing already at some the posts..Ill ease my way into the conversation.

Coral Reefer
06-19-2003, 01:18 AM

Good info T-Rock.

I will say one thing though. We may have good attendance BUT we do have the lowest % of diehard fans that attend. Just watching any game on TV or while you attend and notice the amount of empty seats through the 1st quarter and after the 3rd quarter. A majority of our fans show up way late and leave after the 3rd quarter only concerned with getting out in front of traffic.
Boggles my mind why they even bother to leave the house.

After the 3rd quarter you virtually have the pick of any lower level seat you want. It is pathetic. Watch games from other teams that are known to have good fan bases and you'll be hard pressed to find empty seats with any time left in the game..... I mean within reason.... as long as it's not a blow out.
This is why Fin fans have a LONG way to go in supporting the team IMO.

It is changing though. If us diehards keep reproducing little Fin fans, we'll have a full stadium of ravenous fin fans in the coming years!

So in closing..... Throw out your Trojans Fin fans and get to work!
We have a stadium to fill! :D

DNY
06-19-2003, 07:41 AM
Regardless of what the figures say, it's a travesty that playoff games should be threatened with blackouts. You throw in a couple of sub .500 seasons in there and you think the Fins would come close the the Redskins 93% attendance???? I think instead of mocking Bills fans you should be admiring those that have sat through some dismal seasons and in harsh conditions, true football fans.

ohall
06-19-2003, 07:43 AM
It just irked me when I read those results and thought back to how fans of other teams say that Dolphin fans don't support them... Those numbers are butts in seats... and ours a pretty high... Maybe if we had a stadium that only held 65,000 or less, like many on that list, every game would be a 100% sell-out...

Dolphin home games always sell-out they just do nto sell-out before the TV blackout deadline.

The same way they attend the games, alot of them go there to boo the Dolphins though.

Oliver...

DNY
06-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Many of those games sell out because TV buys the tickets.

PhinPhan1227
06-19-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by DNY

That number wasn't a reflection of sales, it was a reflection off attendence. TV/Radio stations may have bought some of the tickets, but the fans WENT to the games.

DNY
06-19-2003, 08:46 AM
See now you're kind of stretching the case. The point is that fans didn't go out and support the team even for a playoff game. I mean look at some of those figures, you think if the Fins went 6-10 a couple of seasons the fans would show like they do for the Panthers, Ravens, Falcons, Vikings??????????

FFiB
06-19-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by DNY
Regardless of what the figures say, it's a travesty that playoff games should be threatened with blackouts. You throw in a couple of sub .500 seasons in there and you think the Fins would come close the the Redskins 93% attendance???? I think instead of mocking Bills fans you should be admiring those that have sat through some dismal seasons and in harsh conditions, true football fans.

Travesty? notttttttttt...

How many teams go tothe playoffs year in and year out. For most teams a playoff appearance is every two or three years some never.

Our standards are naturally higher. I could care less about local blackouts as long as the stadium is sold out when it comes down to playing time. I also do not feel sorry for those who have to travel 80 miles to catch a black out game on a satellite dish.

Here is my philosophy for a single person:
Catching Blackout game 100 miles away: Travel time - 3 hours (round trip); gas - 20 bucks; toll - 8 bucks (round trip); food and drinks at least 50 bucks. Total roughly 80 bucks plus

Attending game: tailgating 20 bucks; parking - 20 bucks; ticket between 20 and 50 bucks....total between 60 and 90 bucks...

Seeing the Dolphins live with 76,000 fanatics - PRICELESS

DNY
06-19-2003, 09:13 AM
As I said we can rationalize why these finatics don't rush out to buy the tickets but I don't think any of this supports Miami fans being more supportive or better then most other NFL fans.

FFiB
06-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Trekbiz

Good info T-Rock.

I will say one thing though. We may have good attendance BUT we do have the lowest % of diehard fans that attend. Just watching any game on TV or while you attend and notice the amount of empty seats through the 1st quarter and after the 3rd quarter. A majority of our fans show up way late and leave after the 3rd quarter only concerned with getting out in front of traffic.
Boggles my mind why they even bother to leave the house.

After the 3rd quarter you virtually have the pick of any lower level seat you want. It is pathetic. Watch games from other teams that are known to have good fan bases and you'll be hard pressed to find empty seats with any time left in the game..... I mean within reason.... as long as it's not a blow out.
This is why Fin fans have a LONG way to go in supporting the team IMO.

It is changing though. If us diehards keep reproducing little Fin fans, we'll have a full stadium of ravenous fin fans in the coming years!

So in closing..... Throw out your Trojans Fin fans and get to work!
We have a stadium to fill! :D

I agree with you on attendance when the game starts. Here is a problem I observed going for years to the games.

Problem a): Arrival to close to game time. A lot of people still wait until the last minute to drive to the stadium thinking somehow they slip in and out the parking lot.

Problem b) Parking: It can get confusing for newbies where general parking is, orange parking is etc. It is hard to figure out for newbies.

Problem c) Access to Parking lot: Small roads, incompetent parking attendents and you can not even go around the stadium because some roads are blocked off

Problem d) If you want to buy your food come earlier than just 30 minutes before game time. Concession workers are volunteers and therefore work veryyyyyy slow. If you want a beer at halftime you have to leave before the 2 minute warning and you are lucky if you make it back to your seat in time for the second half. It is pathetic.

Not that this all matters to me since i always arrive 4 to 5 hours before game time...BBQ, drink some beer and still got time to go to the tent and I still sit in time in my seats.

Now, early leavers....you have that only when the game is almost decided...we are up by a couple TDs or we are down by a couple TDs. If the game is close...people stay. But that is a phenomen which is being seen in 90% of NFL stadiums.

FumanChu
06-19-2003, 09:20 AM
The Phins have been pretty good lately about selling out games during the season..

But when playoff time comes around we normally blackout..

IMO this is because we have roughly a week, sometimes less to sell out before the blackout deadline. Playoff games cost more $$ and a history of playoff blowouts makes dismal ticket sales.

Ill be at all the games this year though, hopefully bringing some good luck with me.

FumanChu
06-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by DNY
As I said we can rationalize why these finatics don't rush out to buy the tickets but I don't think any of this supports Miami fans being more supportive or better then most other NFL fans.

A standout year or a good run in the playoffs will turn it all around..

Miami fans are very supportive but are holding their breath for the December.

plc001
06-19-2003, 09:30 AM
According to that site, they have the Giants and the Jets in Gaints Stadium. The same stadium. so why is capacity higher for the jets then the giants?

Giants - Giants Stadium 79,469
Jets - Giants Stadium 80,242

The over 100% figures are kinda weird too. Maybe they base their numbers on tickets sold. And they over sale more tickets then seats.

Check out the browns numbers, capacity of 73,300, avg attendance of 73,287 yet a percentage of 100%

Anyway, when numbers don't add up so obviously... I mean, at least fudge the numbers a little. :)

ohall
06-19-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by DNY

Wrong. They promise to buy any tickets that do not sell by game time. Again the Dolphins sell out their home games, they do not however do that by blackout time alot of the time.

Oliver...

DNY
06-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Seriously does no one remember the empty seats in playoff games versus Indy and the Ravens???? While other teams playoff tickets disappear in a matter of hours upon sale, we have to scratch and claw to sell out. Like I said it's great that the fans are there but I see no reason that's puts them above most other teams fans.

SuperMarksBros.
06-19-2003, 09:37 AM
any football fan worth their salt has known the truth about raider fan's front running attendance and their bogus loyalties for years

ohall
06-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by DNY
Seriously does no one remember the empty seats in playoff games versus Indy and the Ravens???? While other teams playoff tickets disappear in a matter of hours upon sale, we have to scratch and claw to sell out. Like I said it's great that the fans are there but I see no reason that's puts them above most other teams fans.

Those games were sell outs. Just because many of the ppl did not attend those games does not change the fact that they sold out the game.

Oliver...

FFiB
06-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Very interesting...I think Ricky had a lot to do with last year's numbers, I'd be interested to see what the pervious years were like..Hopefully, Seau and Knight plus Ricky's play from last year up those numbers this year.

I doubt that...in 1999 our season ticket sales were 56,000; in 2000 (year after Marino) our season ticket sales was 58,000..in 2001 it was 59,000 and last year it was 57,000.

While Ricky may be top in merchandise sales or close to it it had no effect on season ticket sales.

The Dolphins have a 3 or 4 year home game sell out streak.

deathdisco
06-19-2003, 09:50 AM
Wow I am really shocked, I have been to Giants stadium numerous times and it feels like that place cant hold more than 60,000 people where as you look at Pro Player and it seems much bigger.

I think capacity into stadiums will eventually decline all around the league, due to the high salaries of players and the amount of money you need to take a family to a game is redicolous. I couldnt imagine having to shell out that kind of cash for my family to have season tickets. And parking is always a scam, you think the owners of these franchises would atleast cut people a break and reduce the cost of parking to like 2 or 3 bucks, not 10 to 20 like it is at most stadiums.

DNY
06-19-2003, 10:05 AM
"Those games were sell outs. Just because many of the ppl did not attend those games does not change the fact that they sold out the game."

But it does say something about some fans.

DNY
06-19-2003, 10:06 AM
Giants Stadium and JRS were designed by the same guys. I think Giants stadium is designed at a steeper angle then JRS. JRS seems more open and brighter.

deathdisco
06-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Yeah the stadium is steep, but it seem so small inside, even the walkways around the stadium, I have never been to Pro Player but it seems so much bigger than giants stadium, yet giants stadium holds more people.

DNY
06-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Giants Stadium doesn't have the club level in the middle that JRS does. That takes away seating and probably accounts for the difference. I agree JRS seems more open to me and thus bigger.

deathdisco
06-19-2003, 10:23 AM
the thing that blows me away about JRS is that the people seem so far away from the field, when I was a kid at the orange bowl the seating seemed closer to the field, ofcourse Im just going by what I have seen on tv about JRS.

On another note I think the statistics on stadiums should just be on tickets sold, I know the Giants have like a 50 year waiting list to get season tickets and the Jets are like at 25 years on something, I remember for years no one would show up at Jet games but the games wouldnt be blacked out cause the game was sold out, just nobody went.

baalworship
06-19-2003, 11:03 AM
The places that get the most respect for having rabid fans are generally in colder cities. Look at San Diego and Arizona. Terrible football cities. You should be glad that your team wins games and puts people in the stands. But I doubt any warm city will get a reputation for having hardcore fans. The Raiders are the exception but they don't have an allegiance to a city since Al Davis keeps moving them around.

Green Bay, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh. These are places where on Sundays you know there's a football game going on.

zach13
06-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by baalworship
The places that get the most respect for having rabid fans are generally in colder cities. Look at San Diego and Arizona. Terrible football cities. You should be glad that your team wins games and puts people in the stands. But I doubt any warm city will get a reputation for having hardcore fans. The Raiders are the exception but they don't have an allegiance to a city since Al Davis keeps moving them around.

Green Bay, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh. These are places where on Sundays you know there's a football game going on.

Buffalo's attendance is so variable that I can't agree with the above statement. They are not on a par with Green Bay or Pittsburgh.

Now, Washington is not very cold and they have as long a waiting list for season tickets as any team. Dallas fans are rabid for their team as well and they are certainly not cold weather.

baalworship
06-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Why should you agree with the statement, you're a Fish fan! As for Buffalo's fans we have the BEST NFL tailgating and were named NUMERO UNO by Maxim mag last time they compared all NFL fan bases. The joke about Buffalo that I was reading from someone on the Bills board was that we're a drinking city with a football problem. I wasn't going to bother dissing Miami fans because we're already doing a good of that in the smack room.

You're right that Dallas has a bunch of fans. They're "America's Team". I think what I was getting at was that the places where fans get crazy tend to be in colder places and have average fans attend. Not cities like NY, Washington, etc where the fans tend to be wealthier and more boring.

zach13
06-19-2003, 12:03 PM
Why should you agree with the statement, you're a Fish fan! As for Buffalo's fans we have the BEST NFL tailgating and were named NUMERO UNO by Maxim mag last time they compared all NFL fan bases. The joke about Buffalo that I was reading from someone on the Bills board was that we're a drinking city with a football problem. I wasn't going to bother dissing Miami fans because we're already doing a good of that in the smack room.

Why would you diss Miami fans, here are our attendance figures

Miami
2002 - 7th
2001 - 7th
2000 - 7th

Here are Buffalo's

Buffalo
2002 - 13th
2001 - 19th
2000 - 10th

That is why I disagreed with your original post. Your fan base shows up some years and some years it does not. That is simply a fact, not my opinion.

But, you know what, I did not get my numbers from Maxim, only ESPN, so maybe they are wrong.:eek:

Disgustipate
06-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Actually, as far as ticket prices, we susposedly have some of the lowest in the league.

Raiders fans *are not* devoted. They rarely sell out, and their stadium frankly isnt that big.

fairbanksb
06-19-2003, 12:19 PM
I think it's pretty discouraging. I think the Orange Bowl seats over 80,000 and the Phins used to sell it out. With the population growth that has gone on in S. Florida since the 70's, I would think every single game should be sold out.

baalworship
06-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Attendance goes down when your team sucks? That's Impossible! Don't worry about us. We will sell out every game this year.

As for comparing fans, measuring best fans is subjective. Since we're both fans of rival teams, we will make zero headway in this discussion. I can say that you're attempting to measure fans in a way that doesn't account for what your football team lacks. Heart.

zach13
06-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Attendance goes down when your team sucks? That's Impossible! Don't worry about us. We will sell out every game this year.

As for comparing fans, measuring best fans is subjective. Since we're both fans of rival teams, we will make zero headway in this discussion. I can say that you're attempting to measure fans in a way that doesn't account for what your football team lacks. Heart.

Typical.

The thread is about attendance and you bring up something else entirely.

I am glad to hear that you will sell out all of your games this year:)

However, that does not qualify Buffalo as having "the best fans".

baalworship
06-19-2003, 12:44 PM
I haven't made the argument that Buffalo has the best fans. We're certainly up there. But yes, I give up. Fan bases & their rabidity can be measured EXACTLY by attendance. You're right. Let's just print up the attendance sheet. Congratulations Miami. In the years 2000-2002 you had the 7th BEST FANS in the NFL. Fantastic. Do you think your fans will get worse if Buffalo slips ahead in attendance this year?!

M-REAL
06-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Buffalo's fans suck. They always have. I think the fans are the ones who lack heart; every time i see them at Pro player stadium!

FFiB
06-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by DNY

Wrong..both games were packed...no empty seat in the house...none.

Originally posted by DNY
Giants Stadium and JRS were designed by the same guys. I think Giants stadium is designed at a steeper angle then JRS. JRS seems more open and brighter.

Wrong again...PPS was designed by Joe Robbie with soccer in mind. He was a huge soccer and football fan. His dream was to have a world cup game hosted. PPS was designed in a way the typical english soccer stadium is designed. Look it up.

Lower level is lowin incline and the upper levels are steep to keep the fan close to the action.

baalworship
06-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Marcusreal: Buffalo's fans suck. They always have. I think the fans are the ones who lack heart

Stunning insight. Have you considered a career in sports journalism?!

:lol:

gottahavefootba
06-19-2003, 01:15 PM
I have to wonder about the accuracy of this report. First, how does Giants stadium have more of a capacity when the jets play then when the giants play? also I was quite sure that buffalo increased there stadium a few years back to hold 80,000 fans..
I would like to see an official site that lists all the stadiums capacity.

baalworship
06-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Buffalo's capacity decreased because of luxury suites I believe. I think capacity is now 73, 000 and change. It used to be almost 80,000...

gottahavefootba
06-19-2003, 02:43 PM
ahh thanks.... I still don't inderstand the jets/giants thing.

T-ROCK
06-19-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by DNY

That's very likely the case with many other teams... Obviously not the Cardinals, though...

T-ROCK
06-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I have to wonder about the accuracy of this report. First, how does Giants stadium have more of a capacity when the jets play then when the giants play? also I was quite sure that buffalo increased there stadium a few years back to hold 80,000 fans..

It might have something to do with temporary seating...

Coral Reefer
06-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by FFiB

Now, early leavers....you have that only when the game is almost decided...we are up by a couple TDs or we are down by a couple TDs. If the game is close...people stay. But that is a phenomen which is being seen in 90% of NFL stadiums.

Can't agree with you on the early leavers FFib.

IMO our fans are the worst at that. I go to most if not all the games and around the 3rd quarter it's a mass exodus regardless of the score. Only exception is a nationally televised night game.
Day games, you have a pick of any section you want to sit in on the lower level by the beginning of the 4th quarter.
Regularly televised games for us are an embarrassment fanwise. Many announcers have mentioned all the Orange from empty seats around the stadium and wonder how that could be with such a talented team year in and year out.

It's always bothered me. It WASN'T that way at the Orange Bowl.
That is the price of corps. buying up all the inflated lower level seating though. You get large numbers of people who really could care less in attendance. It won't change. Too bad but true.
I think that is why northern blue collar towns like Pittsburgh, Green Bay etc. have always been known as great fans.
Their true fans buy all the tix and everyone there does care.
Their whole Sundays are focused on the event. They arrive early in the morning and leave well after the game ends.
One of my best friends is a long time Steeler fan and I've been to some of their games. BIG difference in atmosphere at those games and no one leaves unless the Steelers are getting slaughtered.

XoPhinsoX
06-19-2003, 06:42 PM
There is just things to do in Miami to be honest with you.

Green Bay shuts down their whole are on Sundays.

Why? Well, I wonder ;\

Miami isn't all football all the time. It's not like a religion to some places where there isn't anything else to do but support a team.

T-ROCK
06-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by gottahavefootba

I asked that question on a Jets forum and got the answer that it might have to do with Media...

BALLS DEEP
06-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Okay, so I have a really stupid question. How the hemmoraging f$ck can teams have more than 100% attendance? If the stadiums can't fit all of the people I will be more than happy to take the cheeleaders off their hands. :bombyou:

deathdisco
06-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by FFiB

Wrong..both games were packed...no empty seat in the house...none.

Wrong again...PPS was designed by Joe Robbie with soccer in mind. He was a huge soccer and football fan. His dream was to have a world cup game hosted. PPS was designed in a way the typical english soccer stadium is designed. Look it up.

Lower level is lowin incline and the upper levels are steep to keep the fan close to the action.

Heh I remember when I was a kid I was a huge Ft Lauderdale Striker fan.

deathdisco
06-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
There is just things to do in Miami to be honest with you.

Green Bay shuts down their whole are on Sundays.

Why? Well, I wonder ;\

Miami isn't all football all the time. It's not like a religion to some places where there isn't anything else to do but support a team.

maybe it should be! =P

Orange Bowl days were like a religion, it was amazing, I remember the charger dolphin double overtime game, I dont think a person left the stadium that night.

Ozzy
06-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Oliver

Dolphin home games always sell-out they just do nto sell-out before the TV blackout deadline.

The same way they attend the games, alot of them go there to boo the Dolphins though.

Oliver...

I've never seen this~? Been there a long long time too.

ethand420
06-20-2003, 03:11 PM
Patriots Gillette Stadium 68,000 68,436 100.60%

100% Attendence... go figure.

The Dolphins definitely have legit fans...

However, their should be another column in this study: size of waiting list.

The Patriots waiting list is approximately 60,000 -- only the Packers have a longer waiting list as of last year.

Patriots tickets are more expensive than Dolphins tickets, and yet still, we could easily sell out your stadium in minutes.

iceblizzard69
06-20-2003, 03:13 PM
ethand,
The Dolphins don't have a waiting list for season tickets. I think season ticket packages are still available for this year and the Dolphins also offer 4 game packages and tickets to individual games.

ethand420
06-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Thanks,

but I'm not interested in Dolphins tickets.

Ozzy
06-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by DNY

The Stadium was built about 5,000 seats too many. But your only talking about playoff games here. The vast majority of regular season games have been a sell out since 96.

And I'll tell you what, I have 7 seats, and did you know that if you want your seats for the playoffs you had to purchase them by a certain date, AND you had to buy THREE GAMES worth!!! AND the tickets were double the money!!!! Thats $80 x 7 = $560 x 3 = $1,680 !!!!!

Low and behold, they stop this as of LAST YEAR, the first year they miss the playoffs in years, and I was only out 560, which went towards this years seats.

THE STADIUM IS BUILT JUST A LITTLE TOO BIG!!

Ozzy
06-20-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by DNY

This is totally untrue! I was there for both of them games and it was packed. Now some people arrived later than they should have, but they got there, and you also have to take into the facts that a lot of people use bathrooms, get drinks, and some of them, as a matter of fact a whole lot of them go inside and watch from the shady halls, on the TV.

I do agree that they should not be put above other teams fans, but that goes both ways......

Ozzy
06-20-2003, 03:39 PM

The Raiders have got to have the worst attendance of all teams!

But I surely agree with you on the cold weather teams, and I include that there is nothing else going on there either. Except going to bars (clubs), which they can just go to afterwards!

I have to hand it to them though, because they will go thru hell and highwater just to get there!

Ozzy
06-20-2003, 03:44 PM

Yeah we saw all that "HEART" your Team had for four straight years when you were SUPPOSED to be THE BEST TEAM in all of FOOTBALL!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ozzy
06-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ethand420
Patriots Gillette Stadium 68,000 68,436 100.60%

100% Attendence... go figure.

The Dolphins definitely have legit fans...

However, their should be another column in this study: size of waiting list.

The Patriots waiting list is approximately 60,000 -- only the Packers have a longer waiting list as of last year.

Patriots tickets are more expensive than Dolphins tickets, and yet still, we could easily sell out your stadium in minutes.

That's because NO ONE TRANSPLANTS to NE!!!! They TRANSPLANT to Miami!!! And of course other Cities with actual INTEREST'S!!

Please don't tell us there are 60,000 people on the waiting list in NE, I'm not buying that BS, unless there is proof, solid proof too. Not insights from some Drag Racing magazine........

And like I've always said NE pretty much has Sports, and THAT's IT!!! Unless you get off on fishing the outer banks! :rolleyes:

ethand420
06-20-2003, 04:04 PM
http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2003/01/27/editorial2.html

Read that Article.. it's from a journalist , not some random Patriots fan. Unless of course you think he is just making it up!

Do a search for 'patriots season ticket waiting list' and you will see countless newspaper articles as well as fans in the know say the same thing.

As for their being nothing in New England other than sports.. try the best colleges and hospitals in the country.

How about one being one of the largest technology sectors in the world?

ethand420
06-20-2003, 04:09 PM
http://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/story/18904.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2002/05/27/mmqb/

http://www.thesportsroadtrip.com/newenglandpatriots.html

but i'm sure they are all just making it up, right?

Ozzy
06-20-2003, 05:27 PM
http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2003/01/27/editorial2.html

Read that Article.. it's from a journalist , not some random Patriots fan. Unless of course you think he is just making it up!

Do a search for 'patriots season ticket waiting list' and you will see countless newspaper articles as well as fans in the know say the same thing.

As for their being nothing in New England other than sports.. try the best colleges and hospitals in the country.

How about one being one of the largest technology sectors in the world?

OMG!!! LMFAO!! Like I said theres absolutely nothing to do! FOR FUN!!!!!!!!!!

I still think your FOS!

Ozzy
06-20-2003, 05:40 PM
http://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/story/18904.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2002/05/27/mmqb/

http://www.thesportsroadtrip.com/newenglandpatriots.html

but i'm sure they are all just making it up, right?

Here's the freaking quote from the very article you sent me!

"The team said it has a paid waiting list of more than 50,000 fans who want to buy season ticket packages for the new stadium, which so far has hosted only soccer games and concerts."

Now you tell me WTF it says there are 60,000 people WAITING FOR SEATS NOW!!!!!

Heres what it said in the other one!!!!

The team did not milk its season-ticket waiting list, which contains almost 50,000 paid ($50 deposit) names. CMGI Field will have almost exactly the same capacity as Foxboro Stadium: 60,000.

WHERE DOES IT SAY IT!!!!

There is absoluety no doubt in my mind that Patriot fans are Excellent, there is also no doubt in my mind that a lot of it is because there is nothing to do in NE..... FOR FUN! Not as much as there is in a warmer City.

But according to your articles all that is, is a waiting list FOR SEATS AT THE NEW STADIUM. Not a waiting list for seats to open up because the Seats are taken.

If this were so true, there is no way in He77 they would have only made the stadium 60,000 seats alone...........

Either prove your points clearer or don't make them. Not when your trying to elevate your team above this boards team.

Leaving a link for us to read from freaking May of 2002!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't take me too serious because I really don't care about life in NE, I'm sorry....maybe it's just me :D

inFINSible
06-20-2003, 05:46 PM
hooo hah!!

ethand420
06-20-2003, 08:08 PM
right here, from Peter King's article...

"The team did not milk its season-ticket waiting list, which contains almost 50,000 paid ($50 deposit) names. CMGI Field will have almost exactly the same capacity as Foxboro Stadium: 60,000. "

keep in mind this was a year ago.. I can assure you the list is growing not shrinking.

This should kill 2 birds with one stone.. They didn't build a stadium to seat 100,000 or so due to traffic restraints on route 1. It was already bad enough @ the old stadium, no reason to make it worse.

The list is closer to 60,000 now, I am not making this up. WHy is this so hard to believe?

ethand420
06-20-2003, 08:10 PM
The stadium was already 98% season ticket holders @foxboro. so an additional 8k people or so got seats when they built the new stadium. I am not pulling this out of my ***.

ethand420
06-20-2003, 08:15 PM
http://www.newenglandpatriots.com/team/Personal.sps?playerid=547&playertype=4&bhcp=1

"...Once again, every Patriots game sold out prior to the start of the season. By the end of the 2002 regular season, the Patriots will have extended their consecutive sellout streak to 92 games, including preseason and postseason games. For purposes of comparison, consider that the Patriots have approximately 50,000 fans on their season ticket waiting list, nearing twice the number of season ticket holders (28,954) in 1993.

ethand420
06-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Dated the the first day of the football season, last year. Obviously, tickets had long since been given out.

Notice that they mention the waiting list currently being 50,000.

http://sports.espn.go.com/page2/tvlistings/show128transcript.html

T-ROCK
06-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by DNY

I'm not sure of the # but I think something like 16,000 season ticket holders didn't but Ravens playoff tickets that year... I can't imagine having season tickets at Pro Player and not going to the playoff games...

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

MIADolFan
06-20-2003, 09:42 PM
Well, if they are anything like the Bucs.... there is no verification or deposit to be on the list. Any kid can put their name on to crank up the numbers. I wonder if other teams are the same.

I go to games in Miami whenever I can.... lengthy trip from Tampa. I just think many Phin fans are scattered throughout florida. Orlando used to be jam packed with Miami Fans. Most up there seem to have jumped the TB bandwagon the last year or two.

ethand420
06-20-2003, 11:12 PM
50$ per seat is the required deposit for Patriots tickets. I have been on the waiting list for 2 years. I had about 7-8 years to go, at least.

Ozzy
06-21-2003, 04:31 AM
http://www.newenglandpatriots.com/team/Personal.sps?playerid=547&playertype=4&bhcp=1

"...Once again, every Patriots game sold out prior to the start of the season. By the end of the 2002 regular season, the Patriots will have extended their consecutive sellout streak to 92 games, including preseason and postseason games. For purposes of comparison, consider that the Patriots have approximately 50,000 fans on their season ticket waiting list, nearing twice the number of season ticket holders (28,954) in 1993.

Not one of the other links you provided proved anything. Why didn't you pull this one out to begin with? If you had to spend a lot of time trying to find it, sorry. But ya gotta bring it, when ya fling it!

Like I said, I believe the Pats have EXCELLENT Fans, but I stand by the facts that any and every one who likes the Pats would give 50 bucks for a chance to not Attend the Greatest Technological institute, or Especially the one of the Greatest Hospitals.....on Sundays. Or to take a day off from the dreaded barrier reef.

In Miami there is some of the best fishing in the world, you have 20 clubs down one street. There are sports bars everywhere. You have one of the top ten beaches in the world, and IMO it's not even the best one. You have Lots of outdoor attractions. There's the Fla. Keys not far away, you have Ft. Lauderdale not far away. you have an influx of NY'ers, and people all over the States (other teams fans) come here to live, work, or retire. And you have a very large Latin community, which hurt for years, but will soon be the reason that Miami's attendance will be on the rise. There are lots of older Latin fans in their 40's but the number is growing by the minute with their youth.

On the real, I'm sure there are a few nice things to do in NE, but most likely not one of them (with clothes on of course) could top going to a football game on a Sunday.

So with all the facts provided in this thread, it seems to me that both NE, and Miami made a mistake. One teams stadium is too big, and the other too small. By about 6,000- 10,000 each way.

signed season ticket holder,

ethand420
06-21-2003, 10:01 AM
I'm sorry you can't see the obvious: the patriots have between 50 & 60,000 on their waiting list.

Several of these articles are dated within the past year, AFTER the opening of the stadium.

Why is it so hard for you to believe this? Because Miami has difficulty sellingo out before the games are blacked out?

Because I could move to Miami tomorrow and score season tickets?

You just don't want to admit that you are wrong. Do a little research and you'll see that I am right.

Do you want a signed letter from the Krafts before you admit that the patriots do in fact have a very long waiting list?

T-ROCK
06-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Our average attendance is greater than the Patriots, meaning more Dolphins fans park their butts in Pro Player every season than do Patriots fans in Gillette...

Maybe you should have built a bigger stadium...

Also, I have been to Boston many times, and there's nothing else to do during football season, no wonder chowda heads flock to footbal games... They get a chance to see the Dolhins every season...

Ozzy
06-21-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm sorry you can't see the obvious: the patriots have between 50 & 60,000 on their waiting list.

Several of these articles are dated within the past year, AFTER the opening of the stadium.

Why is it so hard for you to believe this? Because Miami has difficulty sellingo out before the games are blacked out?

Because I could move to Miami tomorrow and score season tickets?

You just don't want to admit that you are wrong. Do a little research and you'll see that I am right.

Do you want a signed letter from the Krafts before you admit that the patriots do in fact have a very long waiting list?

Not one of them articles stated anything of proof! Only the one I posted, which was one of ten you posted.

Don't go telling my I can't see the obvious, because that's BS! They all hinted to me that the NEW STADIUM would be sold out for the coming year, after their SB victory. And if you re-read them and cannot see how they look....???

Actually I want to see Krafts books, because I believe he is full of it. Am i saying their is no waiting list? No! Am i saying the numbers are stretched? Ummmm YES!

Your the one who came here trying to change the question on this thread.To suit your patriotic needs I guess? But the bottom line is Miami sat more BUTTS in the Seats......

Hey you going to the Biological Technological Institute Today? If you are I was wondering could you get me some literature on their latest project.
:rolleyes:

ZOD
06-22-2003, 09:16 AM
I can still remember Andrew Sciciliano (sp) on the Tony Bruno morning extravaganza saying that Miami was one of the worst sports towns in America the week of Dolphins/Ravens playoff game...

I bought 4 tickets that day and drove over 600 miles to see the game....

Months later I would look up stadium capacity in Cleveland (andrew's team) and find that it seats 15,000 less than Miami....

Punk !

WiGGy
06-23-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Ozzy

That's because NO ONE TRANSPLANTS to NE!!!! They TRANSPLANT to Miami!!! And of course other Cities with actual INTEREST'S!!

Please don't tell us there are 60,000 people on the waiting list in NE, I'm not buying that BS, unless there is proof, solid proof too. Not insights from some Drag Racing magazine........

And like I've always said NE pretty much has Sports, and THAT's IT!!! Unless you get off on fishing the outer banks! :rolleyes:

LOL, your kidding right? Foxboro stadium is only about 25 minutes from Boston with no traffic. Now what are you going to tell me Boston is back woods?......LMAO! Ummm yeah ok. I dont need a magazine to know about the place I live here. Miami has the beach and bars we have all that and way much more, nice try though. Desperation is something else eh' ?

gunn34
06-23-2003, 06:49 AM
nicely put

WiGGy
06-23-2003, 07:13 AM
And yes I go to Florida every year to vacation like most northeners. Most people there I bet are from the north so what does that make Miami? Yes like you said a city of transplants. Who the hell is really from there, LMAO? LOL! I also visit the islands and any other warm place during the winter. Your missing the point though. We are talking football not weather and beaches bro. Now your going to tell me there is nothing in Philly, NY, Washington, Boston, Chicago....C'mon man. Your sounding like an *** thats desperatley trying to make a point. Boston most likely has more bars, clubs and pubs then Miami crammed into 1 square mile my friend, lol. Any work there? Can you take on a real life there? Raise kids there? What else besides getting drunk? Any other damn teams there besides the Dolphins that count?
Just though I'd drop some facts while you were "off" the subject of football. Any how the point is if Foxboro had a 70,000+ stadium it will still be sold out. The Patriots fan base is truly a "New England" fan base. We are talking fans from Rhode Island, Massachusetts,New Hampshire, Conneticut, Maine, Vermont. No way you can get in that joint with so may people waiting in the wings. Boston is 25 minutes away and not far from the Celtics and Bruins at the Fleet Center. Go Visit the 100+ clubs and bars outside the stadium or over in the North End(little Italy), Beacon Hill, Financial District and in the summer not far from Fenway Park Lansdown street for the clubs, bars and the Red Sox. You can go up the street to the rest of the frickin 100+ Bars and clubs on Boylston and Newbury streets or go up Mass ave a few blocks away over the bridge into Cambridge to go to about another 100+ bars on Mass Ave. Hmmm bored, well then head to Saugus, Revere, Somerville or Quincy to another who knows how many bars, pubs and clubs within cab, Subway or walking distance..LMAO. Get my drift?

WiGGy
06-23-2003, 07:19 AM
We all love Florida here in Boston my man without a doubt. Im there 2 times a year on vacation but your argument was totaly ridiculous. You obviously have never been to Boston and no nothing about Boston.

ethand420
06-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Thanks Wiggy, excellent reply...

I posted 10 articles (some dated the first day of the season last year after tickets HAD LONG since been assigned) all stating the patriots had between 50 & 60,000 people on their waiting list.

Since none of them are dated today, Ozzy is claiming that their is no proof that the list is that long today. LIke everyone just dropped off of it. And then he claims is Bob Kraft lying... lol.

Sure Miami sold more seats last year than the patriots did last year for the sole fact that they have more seats. In my opinion though, the fact the patriots sell out in minutes, always pack a full house, and have a very long waiting list pretty much trumps how many seats Miami sells in their bigger stadium. We both know the Patriots would EASILY sell out their stadium. In fact I think we could sell out 1 and 1/2 of their stadiums. lol. Miami has great fans and is a great city, but to say their is nothing to do in Boston is just ridiculous. Nowhere in any of my posts did I ever ridicule the city of Miami, etc.. Admit your wrong, Ozzy.

deathdisco
06-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by WiGGy
And yes I go to Florida every year to vacation like most northeners. Most people there I bet are from the north so what does that make Miami? Yes like you said a city of transplants. Who the hell is really from there, LMAO? LOL! I also visit the islands and any other warm place during the winter. Your missing the point though. We are talking football not weather and beaches bro. Now your going to tell me there is nothing in Philly, NY, Washington, Boston, Chicago....C'mon man. Your sounding like an *** thats desperatley trying to make a point. Boston most likely has more bars, clubs and pubs then Miami crammed into 1 square mile my friend, lol. Any work there? Can you take on a real life there? Raise kids there? What else besides getting drunk? Any other damn teams there besides the Dolphins that count?
Just though I'd drop some facts while you were "off" the subject of football. Any how the point is if Foxboro had a 70,000+ stadium it will still be sold out. The Patriots fan base is truly a "New England" fan base. We are talking fans from Rhode Island, Massachusetts,New Hampshire, Conneticut, Maine, Vermont. No way you can get in that joint with so may people waiting in the wings. Boston is 25 minutes away and not far from the Celtics and Bruins at the Fleet Center. Go Visit the 100+ clubs and bars outside the stadium or over in the North End(little Italy), Beacon Hill, Financial District and in the summer not far from Fenway Park Lansdown street for the clubs, bars and the Red Sox. You can go up the street to the rest of the frickin 100+ Bars and clubs on Boylston and Newbury streets or go up Mass ave a few blocks away over the bridge into Cambridge to go to about another 100+ bars on Mass Ave. Hmmm bored, well then head to Saugus, Revere, Somerville or Quincy to another who knows how many bars, pubs and clubs within cab, Subway or walking distance..LMAO. Get my drift?

Dude you need to get your facts straight about Boston, you make it sound like its some major city which it isnt, I lived there for 7 years, on Boylston behind Fenway park, off Mass Ave and on Newbury street. Fact 1 there isnt a 100 clubs in all of Boston period, Im not sure what you consider a club, but have you ever been to South Beach??? What clubs are there a few on Landsdown street, I think 5 clubs all owned by the Lions brothers (yes i got friends who still work at them) then you have a few more around the city, not worth a **** either, there are a plenty of bars in boston but nothing great. There is only 2 sports bar's in all of Boston to watch football games, how sad is that. One is Champions in the Marriott hotel, which I used to go religously with other miami dolphin fans and the other is Allston Sports Bar, which I used to live next to which was the worse sports bar I have ever been to.

Now Boston is cool, I loved the city lots to do and very clean. But it isnt the be all of places.

I will agree patriot fans are loyal to there team, but that is only recently, until parcels coached foxboro was empty. Not that the fans didnt care, but for one foxboro was a terrible stadium and 2 the team was just horrible and only a one two lane road to get in and out, yeah sure its 25 miles from boston, but too bad it took 3 hours to get out of the parking lot, its just a horrible place to see a game, oh yeah there was a train you can take, the patriot express which 11am and left the stadium 20 mins after the game, and the old days you had to run to the train, 1 to not get trampled from people running to there cars or to make sure you got on the damn train so you didnt get stuck in foxboro.

Anyways what Im saying is some of your arguement was a bit exagerated.

XoPhinsoX
06-23-2003, 11:49 AM
We all love Florida here in Boston my man without a doubt. Im there 2 times a year on vacation but your argument was totaly ridiculous. You obviously have never been to Boston and no nothing about Boston.

I have to say the way you talk out there is annoying beyond belief. . .

WiGGy
06-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Yes and I will be there in a few weeks.......I've been going to Florida since 1988 often twice a year. Boston isn't a major city but Miami is? It's all sour grapes if you ask me it's turned into well since our fans suck our city is more fun kinda argument. Miami beach is Miami beach im not trying to say that Boston is "more fun" then Miami beach because thats where everyone goes to vacation from Boston. It's either Aruba or Florida hands down. In regards to ticket sales , Yes Parcells did help turn things around but the fact still remains Dolphins fans don't give a turd. Like someone else stated--------->

1.) This guy Ozzy seems to think that the reason Dolphin fans don't go to the games is because there is more outdoor activities in Miami. Well, he's just proving a point. Pats fans are better because it doesn't matter what there is to do, I'd still rather go to a game (and isn't a football game an outdoor activity?).
2.) If there's so much more to do in Miami then how come they don't have a problem filling up the Orange Bowl for Hurricane games on saturdays? I guess there must be more outdoor activities on sunday.

On top of that from what my buddies said on his trip to Miami last season is that you can go up to the stadium and buy a couple of tickets on the sunday of the game, here the seats sell out for the whole season within a few minutes.

WiGGy
06-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

I have to say the way you talk out there is annoying beyond belief. . .

LOL, now I know this guy must have been to BAWSTIN to eat some CHOWDA and go to some PAWTYS! LOL!

Hehe

WiGGy
06-23-2003, 12:07 PM
Ok Im done..just had to defend my team and city. No one ever said the Dolphins suck. They get nuff respect here in Boston. Every city claims to have the best fans but im not claiming that we do. I was just here in self defense of my hometown......cya on the gridiron

Ozzy
06-23-2003, 03:32 PM

LOL, your kidding right? Foxboro stadium is only about 25 minutes from Boston with no traffic. Now what are you going to tell me Boston is back woods?......LMAO! Ummm yeah ok. I dont need a magazine to know about the place I live here. Miami has the beach and bars we have all that and way much more, nice try though. Desperation is something else eh' ?

LMFAO!! That and so much more? Like what Frozen Sea World? Snow Hunting? Bob Sled anyone? Ice Sculpture contests? Snow Man Contests? ICE FISHING? How about a nice day at the Museum?

The next thing your going to sell me is the supposed waiting list on UN BUILT HOMES right?

Yeah people are just flocking toooo NE!!!!!:rolleyes2

deathdisco
06-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Yes and I will be there in a few weeks.......I've been going to Florida since 1988 often twice a year. Boston isn't a major city but Miami is? It's all sour grapes if you ask me it's turned into well since our fans suck our city is more fun kinda argument. Miami beach is Miami beach im not trying to say that Boston is "more fun" then Miami beach because thats where everyone goes to vacation from Boston. It's either Aruba or Florida hands down. In regards to ticket sales , Yes Parcells did help turn things around but the fact still remains Dolphins fans don't give a turd. Like someone else stated--------->

1.) This guy Ozzy seems to think that the reason Dolphin fans don't go to the games is because there is more outdoor activities in Miami. Well, he's just proving a point. Pats fans are better because it doesn't matter what there is to do, I'd still rather go to a game (and isn't a football game an outdoor activity?).
2.) If there's so much more to do in Miami then how come they don't have a problem filling up the Orange Bowl for Hurricane games on saturdays? I guess there must be more outdoor activities on sunday.

On top of that from what my buddies said on his trip to Miami last season is that you can go up to the stadium and buy a couple of tickets on the sunday of the game, here the seats sell out for the whole season within a few minutes.

Im not sure what happened to the Miami Dolphin fans as a whole. They used to pack them in at the Orange Bowl.

Maybe its the stadium, I cant say its the stadium for sure cause I have never seen a game at Pro Player, I have been to Foxboro a few times and sat in the 300s. Even up there the cement bowl had good seats, but the stadium was aweful.

When I say major city Im talking to 20 population, Bostons population is about 600k proper. (not including the influx of college students) and Miami has a few million thats all.

You will find once you leave the North East cities around the US are more like Big Suburbs and people just work in the city.

Ozzy
06-23-2003, 03:57 PM

OMG! Thanks a lot sqwiggy for call me an A-Hole! And thanks a lot for proving my point, which I clearly pointed out! there is absolutely nothing to do in NE!!! Year round drinking in bars club, and pubs! And year round sports! Maybe you should have added all the Bostonian Tea Parties!!!!

Beacon Hill? Financial District? My goodness man! When you visit Florida I suggest you don't take your kids to the Seaquarium! It's probably boring to most Floridians but your kids might never want to go home. For they would have had more fun in a few hours, from visiting one place, than they ever had at the Polar Bear rescue, or all their lives in NE for that matter!!!

Oh BTW, speaking of work, how good is it when the snow falls?

And we all know everyone goes to NE to raise their kids!! That was a real stupid remark Sqwiggy!

Try reading all of my replies Sqwiggy before you throw another TANTRUM!

You know like the one where I stated NE has EXCELLENT fans....and so on and so forth. Blah blah blah.

Ozzy
06-23-2003, 04:05 PM
Thanks Wiggy, excellent reply...

I posted 10 articles (some dated the first day of the season last year after tickets HAD LONG since been assigned) all stating the patriots had between 50 & 60,000 people on their waiting list.

Since none of them are dated today, Ozzy is claiming that their is no proof that the list is that long today. LIke everyone just dropped off of it. And then he claims is Bob Kraft lying... lol.

Sure Miami sold more seats last year than the patriots did last year for the sole fact that they have more seats. In my opinion though, the fact the patriots sell out in minutes, always pack a full house, and have a very long waiting list pretty much trumps how many seats Miami sells in their bigger stadium. We both know the Patriots would EASILY sell out their stadium. In fact I think we could sell out 1 and 1/2 of their stadiums. lol. Miami has great fans and is a great city, but to say their is nothing to do in Boston is just ridiculous. Nowhere in any of my posts did I ever ridicule the city of Miami, etc.. Admit your wrong, Ozzy.

I am not wrong.

There is nothing to do in NE!! So Sports is a must! And you should reread my posts, you know the one where I said NE has EXCELLENT FANS!!!! But I for one would never move there, and can probably count on one hand, the times I've herd anyone from there, now living here, say how great it is there.......but I guess there is always Alaska huh?

I never doubted for a second that there is not waiting list, but I still doubt the numbers! And for you to think Kraft would not pad his books, just to try and get more dollars, your kidding yourself!

I never called him a liar, you said I did. I just pointed out he probably is....... lmao

WiGGy
06-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by deathdisco

When I say major city Im talking to 20 population, Bostons population is about 600k proper. (not including the influx of college students) and Miami has a few million thats all.

You will find once you leave the North East cities around the US are more like Big Suburbs and people just work in the city.

OK Miami has a few milion lets see the census....hmm says a little over 300 thou, the rest are on vacation bro!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Get your facts right my friend. All in good trash talk but gotta lay facts on ya......... Similar to Boston because it says close too 700 thousand but places like Brookline, Cambridge, somerville, Medford and so on are considered GREATER Boston which puts us over the ummm 1.2 mill mark. Those folks work and occupy the city on a daily basis. Anyhow enough non sense.........good luck in the bloodbath called the AFC.

http://factfinder.census.gov/bf/_lang=en_vt_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U_DP1_geo_id=16000US1245000.html

Good luck this season guys im gone

Ozzy
06-23-2003, 04:24 PM

Please! Don't put words in my mouth! I listed a long line of things other reasons for Miami to have BUILT a SMALLER STADIUM! It was not a knock on the things to do, or if there were any in NE. And for NE to have built a larger one! But since you wanted to defend your town, and your team, calling me an Azz Hole.........just because I said WHAT IS THERE TO DO? Jeezz. I mean did I come out and say NE Fu$#ing Sux? Nope!

Don't blame me for this turning into smack.

He was lying! Not for the NE game, or any other, they all sold out, and the only way was too walk up and get one from a scalper!

BUT THE ORIGINAL POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS MIAMI SAT MORE BUTTS IN THE SEAT LAST YEAR AND "ETHAND" COULD NOT STAND IT!! HE TRIED TO CHANGE IT AROUND............

WiGGy
06-23-2003, 04:29 PM
If I offended anyone I apologize it's just good sports and hometown bashing for fun. I wouldn't say anything like that about anyone. I don't know you guys you could be priests or something, lol. Oh father forgive me for I have sinned,lol....just kidding. Seriously though If I did offend you Oz my bad bro. Sorry..........ok Im gone for real this time! Behave!

Ozzy
06-23-2003, 04:55 PM
If I offended anyone I apologize it's just good sports and hometown bashing for fun. I wouldn't say anything like that about anyone. I don't know you guys you could be priests or something, lol. Oh father forgive me for I have sinned,lol....just kidding. Seriously though If I did offend you Oz my bad bro. Sorry..........ok Im gone for real this time! Behave!

I've been doing the message board thing for quite a long time! No offense taken whatsoever, heck I said thanks. :D

Have a good time when you visit here!

peace out.

deathdisco
06-24-2003, 10:26 AM

OK Miami has a few milion lets see the census....hmm says a little over 300 thou, the rest are on vacation bro!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Get your facts right my friend. All in good trash talk but gotta lay facts on ya......... Similar to Boston because it says close too 700 thousand but places like Brookline, Cambridge, somerville, Medford and so on are considered GREATER Boston which puts us over the ummm 1.2 mill mark. Those folks work and occupy the city on a daily basis. Anyhow enough non sense.........good luck in the bloodbath called the AFC.

http://factfinder.census.gov/bf/_lang=en_vt_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U_DP1_geo_id=16000US1245000.html

Good luck this season guys im gone

I stand corrected, I thought miami was much bigger oh well, then again I just found out that Atlanta has only 400k people

Im guessing you dont live in boston but in the burbs, just a guess.

Anyways once you leave cities in the NE like NYC, Boston, Philly Ill throw in Chicago in the Midwest, the rest of the US the cities do look like big burbs. Hell I live in atlanta and it looks like Westchester NY, or Marblehead in MA.

zach13
06-25-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by deathdisco

Dude you need to get your facts straight about Boston, you make it sound like its some major city which it isnt, I lived there for 7 years, on Boylston behind Fenway park, off Mass Ave and on Newbury street. Fact 1 there isnt a 100 clubs in all of Boston period, Im not sure what you consider a club, but have you ever been to South Beach??? What clubs are there a few on Landsdown street, I think 5 clubs all owned by the Lions brothers (yes i got friends who still work at them) then you have a few more around the city, not worth a **** either, there are a plenty of bars in boston but nothing great. There is only 2 sports bar's in all of Boston to watch football games, how sad is that. One is Champions in the Marriott hotel, which I used to go religously with other miami dolphin fans and the other is Allston Sports Bar, which I used to live next to which was the worse sports bar I have ever been to.

Now Boston is cool, I loved the city lots to do and very clean. But it isnt the be all of places.

I will agree patriot fans are loyal to there team, but that is only recently, until parcels coached foxboro was empty. Not that the fans didnt care, but for one foxboro was a terrible stadium and 2 the team was just horrible and only a one two lane road to get in and out, yeah sure its 25 miles from boston, but too bad it took 3 hours to get out of the parking lot, its just a horrible place to see a game, oh yeah there was a train you can take, the patriot express which 11am and left the stadium 20 mins after the game, and the old days you had to run to the train, 1 to not get trampled from people running to there cars or to make sure you got on the damn train so you didnt get stuck in foxboro.

Anyways what Im saying is some of your arguement was a bit exagerated.

Great post, I also lived in Boston for a while on Mass Ave. - the Church Park apartments, and I used to walk to Champion's to watch the Fins games. There would usually be about 10 Fins fans there every weekend and the place was swamped because there is nowhere else to watch a game in the city.

I liked the city but the number of clubs restaurants etc. does not compare to Miami. And I was close to Newbury, Landsdowne, and Cambridge

Two other points - the bars close way too early in Boston, here in Miami the clubs close at 4AM and then there are after hours clubs till 7AM, and the winters sucks, not just the weather - people stay at home when the weather is bad.