PDA

View Full Version : Miami leaving Big East?

bledsoetomoulds
06-19-2003, 03:23 AM
what do you think? Being up here I'm kind of bummed, but it's gonna be a freakin' superconference. Anyone know what kind of divisions they may have? Fla st will be fightin' it out w/ the hurricanes, i don't see anyone else taking that, but a conference championship could change everything

iceblizzard69
06-19-2003, 09:21 AM
The ACC is weak too in football, I don't see how their teams are better than the ones in the Big East. Last year, FSU was terrible and won the conference.

It doesn't matter than Miami is in the ACC, they will still dominate.

Migs182005
06-19-2003, 12:41 PM
If Miami goes to the ACC, it will only be a good decision if Syracuse and Boston College go with them. This is because they need those schools so that Miami can make visits to the north where many of UM's alma mater are.

If Miami goes in alone, I'm not sure it would be a wise decision, especially because with just 10 teams, you can't have a championship game, so Miami would be in the same situation as with the Big East.

WeVie
06-19-2003, 01:52 PM
I seen on Sportscenter this morning that they now want Virginia Tech to come also. I no one gos and it stays the same. VT is my team by the way. I live about an hour from the campus

iceblizzard69
06-19-2003, 02:10 PM
It makes sense geographically for Miami and Virginia Tech to go to the ACC and for Boston College and Syracuse to stay in the Big East. The ACC is all Southern schools except for Maryland which is close enough to the South. The Big East is all Northern schools except for Miami and Virginia Tech. Virginia is a borderline Southern state in my mind because it is close to the North and South, but I consider it Southern due to its history.

WeVie
06-20-2003, 12:04 AM
I just hope that this thing does not happen. I think it would be awful for the Big East and it would not be that great for the ACC either.

dolfan06
06-20-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by WeVie
I just hope that this thing does not happen. I think it would be awful for the Big East and it would not be that great for the ACC either. i don't care what conference they're in, as long as they get another shot at OSU, that was absolute bullsh!t!

bledsoetomoulds
06-20-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i don't care what conference they're in, as long as they get another shot at OSU, that was absolute bullsh!t!

what was that ref smokin? he called the freakin thing 10 secs after it happened, Ohio never should've got the ball back. OSU= One Stupid Umpire

dolfan06
06-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by bledsoetomoulds

what was that ref smokin? he called the freakin thing 10 secs after it happened, Ohio never should've got the ball back. OSU= One Stupid Umpire win or lose, i can handle that, but to lose on a penalty, thrown by a ref that wasn't even near the play, that just isn't right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yell: :fire:

bledsoetomoulds
06-20-2003, 12:45 PM
he was near the play, with that 10000 dollar buckeye in his pocket

dolfan06
06-23-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by bledsoetomoulds
he was near the play, with that 10000 dollar buckeye in his pocket maybe he needs a buckeye, his aren't worth a tinkers damn!:rolleyes: