PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sector Commentary Interview

Dolfan5000
02-27-2007, 10:32 AM
I can't find the direct link to it right now since I'm at school but go to ps3.ign.com/ and the main story should be Dark Sector's new commentary interview trailer. Saw it last night and was impressed.

It's a little graphic but it reminds me of a mix of Resident Evil and God of War.

Have to keep my eye on this title, sounds promising.

mor911
02-27-2007, 11:12 AM
There's been quite a public outcry about this game... People are no liking the direction they went with art and style versus the original concept they announced 2 years ago. I still think it looks cool...

Oh, and the two vids posted posted yesterday are for IGN insiders only :(

Dolfan5000
02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
There's been quite a public outcry about this game... People are no liking the direction they went with art and style versus the original concept they announced 2 years ago. I still think it looks cool...

Oh, and the two vids posted posted yesterday are for IGN insiders only :(
Not the one with the project lead commentating. The one on the top right on the video selection page is the one I'm talking about.

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-27-2007, 04:10 PM
looks pretty sweet.

Dude IGN insider is 20 bucks a year and you get a magazine subscription. Just pay it.

Phin-o-rama
02-27-2007, 10:35 PM
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/3983/Dark-Sector-Teaser-Trailer-in-High-Definition/

VanDolPhan
02-28-2007, 12:37 AM

That wasn't even the original concept. Dark Sector was originally announced as an MMORPG some FIVE-SEVEN years ago. I remember cause I used to play Unreal Tournament a lot (which Digital Extremes is part of) and they were talking about it back then. It was also going to be a very cyber-punkish one to which was lacking at the time.

Generally don't trust games that have gone through several versions of what it is and several overhauls. At one time or another it's been 4 TOTALLY different games.

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-28-2007, 04:19 AM
That wasn't even the original concept. Dark Sector was originally announced as an MMORPG some FIVE-SEVEN years ago. I remember cause I used to play Unreal Tournament a lot (which Digital Extremes is part of) and they were talking about it back then. It was also going to be a very cyber-punkish one to which was lacking at the time.

Generally don't trust games that have gone through several versions of what it is and several overhauls. At one time or another it's been 4 TOTALLY different games.

Generally unless it is God of War II, I do not trust games. I have been burned so many times in the past.

Dolfan5000
02-28-2007, 11:06 AM

GENERALLY, but this game still looks very interesting.

Like I said before, it looks like a mix of God of War (in that you can finish off your opponents with a "devastating blow" and you can upgrade and mutate kind of) and in R.E.(that it's dark and gory and you're enemies are mutated humans/ animals). Seems cool.