PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana. Your thoughts?

Pages : 1 [2]

Barbarian
08-29-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Quite honestly, ALL religious arguments are weak arguments. That's why it's called faith. If you could rationally argue faith it wouldn't NEED to be faith. It's the ultimate circular logic. If I say that I believe in God because I find sunsets beautiful that doesn't have to make sense to anybody but me. If I say that the vast majority of the Bible is the transcribed word of God it's because that's what I believe. There is no proof, there is no rationale. Heck, just look up the Babble Fish argument from Robert Adams Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's one of the best metaphysical arguments ever put forward, and it's darned funny to boot!...:D

A wise man once said, "Arguing about religion is like arguing over who has the best imaginary friend."

PS: Now I'm going to have to pick up Hitchhickers guide again and reread it. ;)

dolfan06
08-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Quite honestly, ALL religious arguments are weak arguments. That's why it's called faith. ...:D sure, but are you willing to bet your life on it!:eek:

Barbarian
08-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
sure, but are you willing to bet your life on it!:eek:

ohhhh, faith by intimidation... gotta love that style.

MOULDSROCKS
08-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Fear and faith are like brothers.

If you don't believe in the loving, forgiving, God..... then you'll pay by being burned in hell for all eternity! I just don't understand this.

dolfan06
08-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Fear and faith are like brothers.

If you don't believe in the loving, forgiving, God..... then you'll pay by being burned in hell for all eternity! I just don't understand this. moldy, as much as we have feuded over the last year, i'd say i have to agree with you!;)

MOULDSROCKS
08-29-2003, 10:57 PM

Is the Earth really only 5000 years old. That's amazing.

dolfan06
08-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS

Is the Earth really only 5000 years old. That's amazing. according to science, its over 100 milion!:eek:

WharfRat
08-29-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian

PS: Now I'm going to have to pick up Hitchhickers guide again and reread it. ;)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Excellent books!! :wharf:

PhinPhan1227
09-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
sure, but are you willing to bet your life on it!:eek:

Of course I am...again...that's why it's called faith. Do you really think God wants me to worship him because "I'd better do it or else?" In point of fact, I AM betting my life on it. What if Christians are wrong and Muslims are right? Doesn't that mean that WE are going to hell? It's faith man....FAITH! By it's very definition it's closing your eyes and leaping into the void. If it was something that could be defined by a rational argument what good would it be?