PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana. Your thoughts?

Pages : [1] 2

XoPhinsoX
06-19-2003, 09:21 PM
Welp, I'm just wondering what your guys feeling towards it is? I'm talking laws, personal, do you judge because of it, etc.

Personally, I think It's the least harmful drug out there. Why? Well, I don't think anyone here can argue with me that MJ isn't BETTER then alchohol but it certaintly isn't WORSE. When you're drunk (atleast myself, and this is why I don't drive drunk) tend to get sleepy eyed and swurve, but then there are some people who "SAY" they drive better drunk. On the other hand when people (including myself) smoke some weed and go driving I tend to drive a bit better because I'm more, I guess you could say...paranoid? I won't drive as fast and go through cars with no blinker and so on (when lit). I tend to drive at the normal speed limit (sometimes a lil slower :lol: ), but all in all it seems to be safer in a certain way.

I think drugs like Cocaine, Heroin, LSD and those things are definetely harmful and should be taking seriously when it comes to the law, but weed? I think the laws should be - You can grow and use in your own home and can have it on you as long as you're not under the influence (while driving) or are smoking it freely in public. It would seem to make sense, no? Now, has anyone else seen these anti-drug commercials? I would respect them if they were somwhat on target. Look, nobody gets pregnant when they're high, that's the alchohols job. I've never seen a girl get so high that she can't figure out where she is, what she's doing and it CERTAINTLY doesn't mess you up so bad that you are so careless to just "have sex".

Anyway, this may be a lil' long but I'm kinda bored and tired from work (work on Jet Ski's ;D). Anyway. . .HOPEFULLY this thread doesn't offend anyone.

Btw, smoking weed doesn't make you stupid ;P

!PapaCrunk81!
06-19-2003, 10:18 PM
It seemed like when I toked before watching a DOlphins game they'd lose, so no more herb before the games! IMO if people want to partake in the herb it's cool by me, if not that's cool as well. Um where's the bong? Sorry for not giving an in depth opinion, I'm clear headed at the moment, just don't feel like giving too much 2 cents worth at this time, maybe later.

baccarat
06-19-2003, 10:22 PM
I just thought of the greatest PSA about Drugs.

If you use drugs, you'll end up looking like this:

baccarat
06-19-2003, 10:23 PM
BTW, this should be in the politics board. Monitors...

WharfRat
06-19-2003, 11:24 PM
:redeye: Huh? wha? oh..wait a minute man..

:bong:

<cough, cough>

Yeah man... maybe we should move it.... is there an admin around?

Oh ... yeah... I'm an admin!

Wait... what were we talking about?
Hang on man.... I got the munchies ... :eat:

:lol:

XoPhinsoX
06-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
:redeye: Huh? wha? oh..wait a minute man..

&lt;cough, cough&gt;

Yeah man... maybe we should move it.... is there an admin around?

Oh ... yeah... I'm an admin!

Wait... what were we talking about?
Hang on man.... I got the munchies ... :eat:

:sceptic: :chuckle:

Muck
06-19-2003, 11:40 PM
Never had any interest in it or any drug. Never even tried it. Just seems like a waste of time and money. I guess it just goes with the whole "everybody's doing it, so I'm automatically turned off" thing I always end up doing. lol. And who wants to end up looking like Miss Piggy Aguilera??

Still, I think it should be legalized and regulated. Kills about 8 birds with one stone (no pun intended).

Ultfight
06-20-2003, 12:32 AM
I think it is far better than alcohol.. If I drink, (which usually ends up costing alot) I have a great time, but usually feel like @$$ the next day.... BUT with weed I have the most laid back and fun times, esp since i only indulge every other month or so.. (playing sports keeps me away from it) I think it should be legalized, but taxed heavily.. just like cigs.. which, IMO, smokin weed every other month or so is much less annoying than someone who smokes a pack a day.. esp if its some hot girl im trying to holla at and everything she owns smells like smoke..

Bobby Humphrey
06-20-2003, 05:15 AM
Muck your a good man. i too have never tried it.

i don't want to get involved in this chat because my opinion of drugs is very one sided. so instead i will inform you all that i like flowers, they are pretty.

Joe Friday
06-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Personally, I think marijuana is in the same catagory as tobacco and alcohol. I think it should be legalized, as it almost is, and that would take the criminal element out of it - ie: sales. Cocaine, heroin, meth, etc., that's a different story.

iceblizzard69
06-20-2003, 08:25 AM
I don't do drugs because I think they are gross, but marijuana isn't worse than cigarettes or alcohol. Marijuana should be legal.

Migs182005
06-20-2003, 09:04 AM
I don't do any drugs. Never have, never will.

Let me tell you why I believe Marijuana should not be legal.

My unlce, has been doing that crap since he was my age. (16) He's now in his early 30's. He's a good spirited person deep within, but drugs have taken over his life. The problem is not the drug itself. While I can't say it for my self, I know for a fact that it feels good to do it. That's not the bad part. The bad part is when you become addicted to it, and it takes over your life like it has with my uncle and so many people. Before you know it, drugs, in this case marijuana, becomes the priority before everything. Family, job, everything. You do anything you can to get it. Steal, deal it. And it just ruins your life. Right now, my uncle is on the run somewhere being chased by the cops for stupid things he's done all leading back to drugs.

And yes, I know most you that do some drugs will say "well, I'm not like that, it won't happen to me" But I'll be honest, the more you do it, the more it takes over your life.

While some people think Marijuana is in the same league as alchol and cigarettes, the difference is that alchol and cigarettes are a lot cheaper to get than marijuana, and the more it costs, the more things you'll have to do to get it.

That's why I don't do drugs.

iceblizzard69
06-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Well, if Marijuana was legal, it would most likely be cheaper as well. There are a lot of people who smoke weed but it doesn't take over their life. My uncle is a lawyer and he likes to smoke weed but he is doing fine.

Also, if Marijuana was legal, your uncle wouldn't be getting chased around by cops for doing it.

Also, alcohol makes you do stupid things too, but its still legal.

Bobby Humphrey
06-20-2003, 10:33 AM
iceblizzard69, i agree with u, alcohol should be illegal

dolfan06
06-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Welp, I'm just wondering what your guys feeling towards it is? I'm talking laws, personal, do you judge because of it, etc.

Personally, I think It's the least harmful drug out there. Why? Well, I don't think anyone here can argue with me that MJ isn't BETTER then alchohol but it certaintly isn't WORSE. When you're drunk (atleast myself, and this is why I don't drive drunk) tend to get sleepy eyed and swurve, but then there are some people who &quot;SAY&quot; they drive better drunk. On the other hand when people (including myself) smoke some weed and go driving I tend to drive a bit better because I'm more, I guess you could say...paranoid? I won't drive as fast and go through cars with no blinker and so on (when lit). I tend to drive at the normal speed limit (sometimes a lil slower :lol: ), but all in all it seems to be safer in a certain way.

I think drugs like Cocaine, Heroin, LSD and those things are definetely harmful and should be taking seriously when it comes to the law, but weed? I think the laws should be - You can grow and use in your own home and can have it on you as long as you're not under the influence (while driving) or are smoking it freely in public. It would seem to make sense, no? Now, has anyone else seen these anti-drug commercials? I would respect them if they were somwhat on target. Look, nobody gets pregnant when they're high, that's the alchohols job. I've never seen a girl get so high that she can't figure out where she is, what she's doing and it CERTAINTLY doesn't mess you up so bad that you are so careless to just &quot;have sex&quot;.

Anyway, this may be a lil' long but I'm kinda bored and tired from work (work on Jet Ski's ;D). Anyway. . .HOPEFULLY this thread doesn't offend anyone.

Btw, smoking weed doesn't make you stupid ;P i just don't know why any body would force anything into your lungs that your body doesn't want there in the first place. the whole time you're sucking on a joint, its cough city!:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
06-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i just don't know why any body would force anything into your lungs that your body doesn't want there in the first place. the whole time you're sucking on a joint, its cough city!:rolleyes:

Exactly. I think smoking is disgusting, but if people want to do it they should be able to.

PhinPhan1227
06-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Personally, I think It's the least harmful drug out there. Why? Well, I don't think anyone here can argue with me that MJ isn't BETTER then alchohol but it certaintly isn't WORSE. When you're drunk (atleast myself, and this is why I don't drive drunk) tend to get sleepy eyed and swurve, but then there are some people who &quot;SAY&quot; they drive better drunk. On the other hand when people (including myself) smoke some weed and go driving I tend to drive a bit better because I'm more, I guess you could say...paranoid? I won't drive as fast and go through cars with no blinker and so on (when lit). I tend to drive at the normal speed limit (sometimes a lil slower :lol: ), but all in all it seems to be safer in a certain way.

Lol...I do love when someone talks about how they act/perform when high. It's EXACTLY the same as when people talk about how they aren't impaired when drunk. Unless you've seen videotape of yourself when high, and/or had your reaction speed tested while high, you have NO idea how impaired you were...why?....BECAUSE YOU WERE HIGH!!!!! That being said, I'd like to see most drugs decriminalized. I see no reason for a drug user who is hurting himself for the most part, sent to jail where he will be taught by REAL criminals how to BECOME a real criminal. It's counterproductive to me. Sentence people to rehab facilities instead.

Jaydog57
06-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Migs182005

My unlce, has been doing that crap since he was my age. (16) He's now in his early 30's. He's a good spirited person deep within, but drugs have taken over his life. The problem is not the drug itself. While I can't say it for my self, I know for a fact that it feels good to do it. That's not the bad part. The bad part is when you become addicted to it, and it takes over your life like it has with my uncle and so many people. Before you know it, drugs, in this case marijuana, becomes the priority before everything. Family, job, everything. You do anything you can to get it. Steal, deal it. And it just ruins your life. Right now, my uncle is on the run somewhere being chased by the cops for stupid things he's done all leading back to drugs.

And yes, I know most you that do some drugs will say &quot;well, I'm not like that, it won't happen to me&quot; But I'll be honest, the more you do it, the more it takes over your life.

While some people think Marijuana is in the same league as alchol and cigarettes, the difference is that alchol and cigarettes are a lot cheaper to get than marijuana, and the more it costs, the more things you'll have to do to get it.

That's why I don't do drugs. If you really think marijuana alone causes you to 'steal and deal' then you have no business saying whether it's good or not. I'd say your uncle is involved with other things besides that.:rolleyes:

inFINSible
06-20-2003, 04:07 PM
The fact that drugs, incuding marijuana and harder drugs, are criminalized is the very reason for the crime associated with them. Take away the profit to be made by dealing them and you take away murders and violence it creates. Make the drugs plentiful and cheaper and you take away the theft and robbery associated with them. Don't throw druggies in prison for doing drugs and you solve the prison over crowding problems.

People aren't dangerous while their on drugs, it's when they don't have them that they are dangerous.

Yes, I agree that operating a motor vehicle, while under the influence of alcohol is a dangerous thing but, let's face it the motor vehicle is an inherently dangerous object. There may be horrible crashes that involve alcohol but, how many horrible crashes happen that alcohol is not a factor?

The "war on drugs" is nothing but a facade for one of our governmets top cash cows. The points for legalization far outweigh and make more sense than this asinine attempt to control them. If it's such a war then tell me....who is winning?

inFINSible
06-20-2003, 04:09 PM
BTW....for those that haven't tried marijuana but, still think they are qualified to give an opinion on it....please. :rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
06-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible

Yes, I agree that operating a motor vehicle, while under the influence of alcohol is a dangerous thing but, let's face it the motor vehicle is an inherently dangerous object. There may be horrible crashes that involve alcohol but, how many horrible crashes happen that alcohol is not a factor?

Nifty...you've just argued to make DUI legal.

inFINSible
06-20-2003, 05:04 PM
:lol:....no I don't think DUI should be legal.....I was just trying to cut off the argument from those that would say, "How can you say someone on drugs is not dangerous?"....It's all relative, that's all....most accidents are just that, accidents. When there's alcohol involved it's blamed for the accident, no matter what the circumstances. This inflates the statistics to further an agenda.....never underestimate the power of government funding, or lack there of.

PhinPhan1227
06-20-2003, 05:13 PM
:lol:....no I don't think DUI should be legal.....I was just trying to cut off the argument from those that would say, &quot;How can you say someone on drugs is not dangerous?&quot;....It's all relative, that's all....most accidents are just that, accidents. When there's alcohol involved it's blamed for the accident, no matter what the circumstances. This inflates the statistics to further an agenda.....never underestimate the power of government funding, or lack there of.

That's a tired old argument. Just because you can't stop all accidents, why stop any of them? If only 5% of all fatalities are a result of DUI(the number is MUCH higher than that), then you're still talking hundreds of deaths a year. What doesn't even get accounted for in that figure is that there's no way to test for impairment as a result of pot. So for every vehicular fatality that's blamed on drug use, there are many that are never detected. Again, I coulnd't care less whether someone wants to smoke pot. So long as they do it away from their kids, and don't operate a vehicle, I'm fine with it. But those people who say that they aren't impaired are kidding themselves, and putting everyone else in danger when they jump behind the wheel of a motor vehicle(in case anyone forgets how many boating fatalies there are every year...upwards of 80% of which are caused by DUI of alcohol or drugs).

inFINSible
06-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Again, I never said that DUI should be legal and I never said that steps shouldn't be taken to stop DUI...what I was trying to point out, unsuccessfully I guess, was that the statistics that we get concerning DUI are heavily skewed to cause a demand for government intervention much like statistics about illegal drugs. We hear tons of info about DUI this and DUI that but, the majority of deaths on the roads have nothing to do with alcohol.

Now, as far as being under the influence of marijuana goes, you couldn't be more wrong.....let me give you an example from some one I know.....this person, as far as I know, has smoked pot practically everyday of his life since he was 14 years old. He is going on 32 or 33 years old. So that's almost 20 years of driving under the influence of pot. In those twenty years he has not been invoved in one single accident....Now tomorrow, if he goes out and gets in an accident and tests positve for marijuana, you think that the drug was the cause of the accident?.....If so, how would you explain the 20 years of driving with out problem?

XoPhinsoX
06-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Migs182005

And yes, I know most you that do some drugs will say &quot;well, I'm not like that, it won't happen to me&quot; But I'll be honest, the more you do it, the more it takes over your life.

That's why I don't do drugs.

Alchohol can be pretty expensive.

Especially if you're someone who goes to bars often.

Btw, Marijuana isn't addictive. Addiction is more like Heroin where you HAVE to have it. No questions asked. With weed if you don't smoke all day and are custom to it you may be a little more on the edgy side, but that's it. Which usually isn't the case anyway.

XoPhinsoX
06-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Well, if Marijuana was legal, it would most likely be cheaper as well. There are a lot of people who smoke weed but it doesn't take over their life. My uncle is a lawyer and he likes to smoke weed but he is doing fine.

Also, if Marijuana was legal, your uncle wouldn't be getting chased around by cops for doing it.

Also, alcohol makes you do stupid things too, but its still legal.

True.

Alchohol actually makes you do dumber things then bud would ever do.

When have you ever ran into a girl that said "Oh man I boofed some guy last night cause I was SO HIGH!".

Never , heh

XoPhinsoX
06-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Lol...I do love when someone talks about how they act/perform when high. It's EXACTLY the same as when people talk about how they aren't impaired when drunk. Unless you've seen videotape of yourself when high, and/or had your reaction speed tested while high, you have NO idea how impaired you were...why?....BECAUSE YOU WERE HIGH!!!!! That being said, I'd like to see most drugs decriminalized. I see no reason for a drug user who is hurting himself for the most part, sent to jail where he will be taught by REAL criminals how to BECOME a real criminal. It's counterproductive to me. Sentence people to rehab facilities instead.

When high you choose to be laid back..seeing as that's what it does.

But if you had to do something or be quick with something it's very easy to go into that mode. Unlike with alchohol, if you're drunk..you're SOL.

XoPhinsoX
06-20-2003, 06:28 PM
The fact that drugs, incuding marijuana and harder drugs, are criminalized is the very reason for the crime associated with them. Take away the profit to be made by dealing them and you take away murders and violence it creates. Make the drugs plentiful and cheaper and you take away the theft and robbery associated with them. Don't throw druggies in prison for doing drugs and you solve the prison over crowding problems.

People aren't dangerous while their on drugs, it's when they don't have them that they are dangerous.

The &quot;war on drugs&quot; is nothing but a facade for one of our governmets top cash cows. The points for legalization far outweigh and make more sense than this asinine attempt to control them. If it's such a war then tell me....who is winning?

Good point.
When they did legalize it (where it was the states choice) the money spent on the whole "war" was dramatically reduced. Now I think they spend like 200 billion dollars on this so called "war against drugs" which they are obviously losing.

They really just need to legalize it, tax it, make crap loads of money off it instead of spending tons of cash for not a whole lot in return.

XoPhinsoX
06-20-2003, 06:30 PM

Nifty...you've just argued to make DUI legal.

What he's saying realy is that when someone gets in a crash and its alchohol related it's blown way out of porportion (I don't agree with DUI though). It's another way to look at it though.

Same crashes happen when people are sober.

They say all this money we give to dealers goes towards guns and all this violence, yeah right. People will violent if they're violent, simple as that. How do we know our money we use to buy candy isn't going to some underground mob? ;)

Den54
06-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Great debate going on guys.:D But I must say XO and Infin that I pretty much agree on all your points. I think its a proven fact that proibition does not work. If there is one thing that I can't stand thats a double standard. And thats what you have every time you see one of those beer commercials with young girls loud music and horney guys. They glamourize it tell you its cool but weed is sooooo bad. What a crock.:rolleyes: Alcohol and cigerettes are way more destructive to the body then weed in its purest form. But the bottom line imo is that weed or any other substance that alters ones thought pattern is not for the weak minded.

!PapaCrunk81!
06-20-2003, 08:10 PM
If someone wants to see government spending at work, watch the documentary called, Grass--I believe that's the name of it. It's narrated by Woody Harrelson (go figure.) It may change your views on the wacky tobacky. I've been toking for about 5 years now, the opportunity for me to go back to school is here now, (I took my break well before my toking days.) During my toking days, I had many months of perfect attendance at my job w/ my performance level growing instead of dropping. There is a time and place for everything. Marijuanna isn't an addictive drug, people have addictive behaviors that lead them to be consumed by anything---gambling, cheating on loved ones, drinking, stealing, whatever. True other drugs like heroin and crank (watch out and stay way the f*ck away from that drug, never done the crap, but it's lethal,) can be very addictive, the ganja can be harmless in the hands of responsible adults.
To paraphrase a standup comic---if you bump into a person that is sheet faced, they may want to rip your head off, if you bump into a stoner, they may want to rip off your bag of chips.

inFINSible
06-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Great movie!
It perfectly illustrates the way the government has manipulated marijuana "facts" since the beginning of the 20th century.....for those of you that don't smoke at least see this movie and get a good representation of the "other side" of the coin.

Den54
06-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Great movie!
It perfectly illustrates the way the government has manipulated marijuana &quot;facts&quot; since the beginning of the 20th century.....for those of you that don't smoke at least see this movie and get a good representation of the &quot;other side&quot; of the coin.

But InFins that would require an open mind and I'm afraid thats something most hard line anti anything people don't have. Try telling the frog that lives in the well about the immensity of the sky and most likely he'll just look at you and go ribbit.

inFINSible
06-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Isn't it ironic that the government is trying to subvert the topic of this discussion because of it's mind opening properties?

XoPhinsoX
06-20-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by VictorVonCrunk
If someone wants to see government spending at work, watch the documentary called, Grass--I believe that's the name of it. It's narrated by Woody Harrelson (go figure.) It may change your views on the wacky tobacky. I've been toking for about 5 years now, the opportunity for me to go back to school is here now, (I took my break well before my toking days.) During my toking days, I had many months of perfect attendance at my job w/ my performance level growing instead of dropping. There is a time and place for everything. Marijuanna isn't an addictive drug, people have addictive behaviors that lead them to be consumed by anything---gambling, cheating on loved ones, drinking, stealing, whatever. True other drugs like heroin and crank (watch out and stay way the f*ck away from that drug, never done the crap, but it's lethal,) can be very addictive, the ganja can be harmless in the hands of responsible adults.
To paraphrase a standup comic---if you bump into a person that is sheet faced, they may want to rip your head off, if you bump into a stoner, they may want to rip off your bag of chips.

I've seen it bro. That's how I know (not right on with the exact money) but with the crap we spend today on the "drug war" compared to what it was when it was legalized is tremendous.

XoPhinsoX
06-20-2003, 09:36 PM
Vict, how true.

When have you EVER seen someone angry when they are high? Is it possible? :lol:

The most someone will do if they're lit and get run into is "Hey..." or "Whoa...", but the most response (atleast from me) is "No problem", but they won't go off on you unless they are just looking for trouble.

I don't like getting blazed around girls unless they can be mature about it. I mean, they get a little to giggly and that annoys me :lol: . If you haven't done it I say atleast try it. It's nothing like Cocaine or Heroin where you WILL get addicted. If you don't like it, that's that.

Did anyone else not get high like the first 5 times or was it just me? We baked the car with a fat blunt and I was like "This stuff doesn't work".

Jaydog57
06-21-2003, 03:06 AM
Ok, the Jaydog is gonna lay it down for ya.......First of all, all you people who've never even tried grass, shut the hell up, it's like somebody saying they've never used a microwave. Everything you do in life has consequences, and it's all about how you deal with 'em. When you smoke a joint, it doesn't make you want to kill somebody, or rape somebody. It doesn't make you want to rob somebody to get more money to smoke more pot. It doesn't make you suicidal. All the people that say these things happen have never smoked pot, and have listened to stories from people or read them in b.s. magazines, or seen b.s. commercials. NOW, if you combine pot with booze, ectasy, coke, etc, of course you're gonna have persecutions. It's proven statistically that nobody has ever died from just smoking grass, our even caused a traffic death. It's always had alcohol or another helpful agent involved. It would literally take smoking almost a ton of grass to kill yourself in one sitting. People don't smoke grass to be violent and beligerent, they do it to relax. If you go to Amsterdam in Holland, they have almost a zero drug problem. People smoke grass like after dinner cigarettes. They don't go out and run people off the road. What you're hearing in the U.S. is propoganda. They don't want you to have it. I know several people from Holland that smoke grass and it's no big deal at all. Hell, I know people I go to school with that smoke on a daily basis with an 'A' average, and they have no problem. Can't say the same for heroin or coke. Their's no addicition comparison. Grass doesn't make you want to rob somebody, it makes you want to relax. My old boss, who was a carpenter, drank his whole life, and smoked as well. His doctor told him he should have stuck to smoking cause the drinking ruined his life. Yeah, grass makes you cough, but if you drink, you have nothing to say. Pot's no worse than booze, it's actually less of a problem. I love how people who've never smoked say, 'that stuff makes you do stupid shi*t'. Yeah, right, it makes you chill out and eat a lot. The only people who don't want you doing it is the govt. They benefit from not legalizing it. You think they'd ever ban booze? Hell no, they all drink it! You think they'd ever ban cigs? Hell no, they all smoke 'em! But they'll keep banning pot as long as they get money to do it. Before modern medicine, marijuana was used for all kinds of things involving painkillers and the like, and hemp was available for all kinds of uses, it's stronger than most types of fiber for rope and such. But they don't want you to know that. It's all about that 'buck'. Never mind that marijuana numbs the pain of certain cancers, they just want you to think it causes date rape and all kinds of crimes involving theft and murder. Yeah, I've been smoking for almost 20 years, reading everything I can about it, and I still have yet to hear about somebody robbed or murdered over some grass. If you are a smoker, educate who you know, whether they want to try it or not, hopefully they will listen. If they really know you, they'll realize all they read is b.s., and that you speak the truth. Tell them we're not bad people, we just enjoy a different way of relaxing after work that is different than the U.S. Government allows. That doesn't make it wrong or bad, it just makes it different. No matter what Bush wants you to think. One person may cough over a joint after a hard day's work, yet another will choke over a bourbon and coke. It should be up to you how you spend your day. Not the people in the Whitehouse. Enough said, I rest my case,..........Peace............. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Den54
06-21-2003, 07:57 AM
Beautiful Jaydog. I salute you.:bravo:

XoPhinsoX
06-21-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
Ok, the Jaydog is gonna lay it down for ya.......First of all, all you people who've never even tried grass, shut the hell up, it's like somebody saying they've never used a microwave. Everything you do in life has consequences, and it's all about how you deal with 'em. When you smoke a joint, it doesn't make you want to kill somebody, or rape somebody. It doesn't make you want to rob somebody to get more money to smoke more pot. It doesn't make you suicidal. All the people that say these things happen have never smoked pot, and have listened to stories from people or read them in b.s. magazines, or seen b.s. commercials. NOW, if you combine pot with booze, ectasy, coke, etc, of course you're gonna have persecutions. It's proven statistically that nobody has ever died from just smoking grass, our even caused a traffic death. It's always had alcohol or another helpful agent involved. It would literally take smoking almost a ton of grass to kill yourself in one sitting. People don't smoke grass to be violent and beligerent, they do it to relax. If you go to Amsterdam in Holland, they have almost a zero drug problem. People smoke grass like after dinner cigarettes. They don't go out and run people off the road. What you're hearing in the U.S. is propoganda. They don't want you to have it. I know several people from Holland that smoke grass and it's no big deal at all. Hell, I know people I go to school with that smoke on a daily basis with an 'A' average, and they have no problem. Can't say the same for heroin or coke. Their's no addicition comparison. Grass doesn't make you want to rob somebody, it makes you want to relax. My old boss, who was a carpenter, drank his whole life, and smoked as well. His doctor told him he should have stuck to smoking cause the drinking ruined his life. Yeah, grass makes you cough, but if you drink, you have nothing to say. Pot's no worse than booze, it's actually less of a problem. I love how people who've never smoked say, 'that stuff makes you do stupid shi*t'. Yeah, right, it makes you chill out and eat a lot. The only people who don't want you doing it is the govt. They benefit from not legalizing it. You think they'd ever ban booze? Hell no, they all drink it! You think they'd ever ban cigs? Hell no, they all smoke 'em! But they'll keep banning pot as long as they get money to do it. Before modern medicine, marijuana was used for all kinds of things involving painkillers and the like, and hemp was available for all kinds of uses, it's stronger than most types of fiber for rope and such. But they don't want you to know that. It's all about that 'buck'. Never mind that marijuana numbs the pain of certain cancers, they just want you to think it causes date rape and all kinds of crimes involving theft and murder. Yeah, I've been smoking for almost 20 years, reading everything I can about it, and I still have yet to hear about somebody robbed or murdered over some grass. If you are a smoker, educate who you know, whether they want to try it or not, hopefully they will listen. If they really know you, they'll realize all they read is b.s., and that you speak the truth. Tell them we're not bad people, we just enjoy a different way of relaxing after work that is different than the U.S. Government allows. That doesn't make it wrong or bad, it just makes it different. No matter what Bush wants you to think. One person may cough over a joint after a hard day's work, yet another will choke over a bourbon and coke. It should be up to you how you spend your day. Not the people in the Whitehouse. Enough said, I rest my case,..........Peace............. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hey, good post ;). Anyway, has anyone else seen the one anti-drug commericla (plenty of retarded ones) with the crash dummies? At the end it says "The driver was tested positive for Marijuana" or somewhere along those lines. Now, after this commercial I said to myself "Pot stays in your system for about 30 days, no?) so how would THC being in someones body all of a sudden insure they were smoking when they were driving? I just don't get it.

Im stoked. I picked up a slider and a new bowl today for my :bong:

Ultfight
06-21-2003, 07:23 PM
What I am still confused on is the governments refusal to get involved in the situation from a business standpoint.. They could tax it like crazy, just like cigs.. but then again, i believe I heard somewhere that the cig companies are against it since they feel it could cut into their profits, or something along those lines... but then you have to ask yourself why they dont the cig companies look into manufacturing it themselves? Anybody have any insight??

iceblizzard69
06-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Ultfight
What I am still confused on is the governments refusal to get involved in the situation from a business standpoint.. They could tax it like crazy, just like cigs.. but then again, i believe I heard somewhere that the cig companies are against it since they feel it could cut into their profits, or something along those lines... but then you have to ask yourself why they dont the cig companies look into manufacturing it themselves? Anybody have any insight??

On the Big Urban Myth Show on MTV they once talked about that. The myth was that cigarette companies wanted to marijuana legalized so they could sell it. However, it isn't true, and then they said that if cigarette companies wanted marijuana legalized, they could probably make it happen with the leverage they have with politicians.

Jaydog57
06-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Den54
Beautiful Jaydog. I salute you.:bravo: Thanks man, just trying to 'weed' out the nonbelievers......:cool:

WharfRat
06-21-2003, 08:34 PM
www.norml.org

join the fight!

XoPhinsoX
06-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Ultfight

I highly doubt it would cut into cig companies profit.

A lot of people smoke bud and not cigs.

Just legalize it already :yell: :lol:

Jaydog57
06-22-2003, 12:14 AM

Im stoked. I picked up a slider and a new bowl today for my :bong: Cool, I gotta four foot, double bowl, triple chamber supercharger Graphix bong goin on at the moment, whatta ya got?:cool:

Deadish
06-22-2003, 05:18 AM
Cool, I gotta four foot, double bowl, triple chamber supercharger Graphix bong goin on at the moment, whatta ya got?:cool:

Weed suckin fool.....you gotta cut down on the bowls.....one good hit off a small one hitter bong and you be freeeeeeeee.....save some dinero that way dog.

!PapaCrunk81!
06-22-2003, 11:31 AM
JAYDOG

Now it all makes sense, your name isn't Jay, it's what you like to partake in, interesting:lol:
Another thing Jaydog---I only know ya from this board, but crap bro, when are we going to go to Amsterdam? Um i have ancestors from there that I would like to trace, yeah that's it.

XoPhinsoX
06-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Cool, I gotta four foot, double bowl, triple chamber supercharger Graphix bong goin on at the moment, whatta ya got?:cool:

Damn, nice. You should throw up a pic sometime if you can.

Nothing special here. Just a 2 foot glass, blue swirly w/ like green in it. I'm gonna go out and get something real nice sooner or later..I'm just paranoid with glass. I've broken so many bowls, etc for this thing. Especially when the bowls are like 30-40 a pop for a decent one. I HAD a cool *** pipe I picked up from Jamaica. It was made out of bamboo and had a rasta face where you held it. Purely original. Then my ex turned around on accident and it fell and broke on the tile. Already fixed it once..wasn't worth it after that.

You live in Orlando, eh? I'll be up there soon to visit one of my boys. We should toooookkkkkke up ;). On a side note did you hear about those kids who put (I think) it was something like Homing Oil on their weed? It was some kind of oil. Anyways, it's supposed to increase the high, but what this oil does is when you smoke it it starts to suffocate you and I believe make your lungs harden up (not positive), but someone died from it recently.

Stupid ****s.

XoPhinsoX
06-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by FauxReality

Weed suckin fool.....you gotta cut down on the bowls.....one good hit off a small one hitter bong and you be freeeeeeeee.....save some dinero that way dog.

One hitters don't get you high ;\.

Unless you got some real good shiat!

Blueberry, G13 anyone? ;)

XoPhinsoX
06-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by VictorVonCrunk
JAYDOG

Now it all makes sense, your name isn't Jay, it's what you like to partake in, interesting:lol:
Another thing Jaydog---I only know ya from this board, but crap bro, when are we going to go to Amsterdam? Um i have ancestors from there that I would like to trace, yeah that's it.

I'll go!

I really do want to go just to see how it is out there. I bet it's kinda pricey though with the plane tickets and all..

I have no idea :goof:

PhinPhan1227
06-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Again, I never said that DUI should be legal and I never said that steps shouldn't be taken to stop DUI...what I was trying to point out, unsuccessfully I guess, was that the statistics that we get concerning DUI are heavily skewed to cause a demand for government intervention much like statistics about illegal drugs. We hear tons of info about DUI this and DUI that but, the majority of deaths on the roads have nothing to do with alcohol.

Now, as far as being under the influence of marijuana goes, you couldn't be more wrong.....let me give you an example from some one I know.....this person, as far as I know, has smoked pot practically everyday of his life since he was 14 years old. He is going on 32 or 33 years old. So that's almost 20 years of driving under the influence of pot. In those twenty years he has not been invoved in one single accident....Now tomorrow, if he goes out and gets in an accident and tests positve for marijuana, you think that the drug was the cause of the accident?.....If so, how would you explain the 20 years of driving with out problem?

As someone who doesn't smoke anything, I don't see the need. Let me restate however that I'm for the decriminalization of pot, and most of the other illegal drugs. What I was referring to about DRIVING under the influence of pot, or any other mood/mind altering drug however still stands. I can easily counter your example with a few of my own as I know several people who are VERY heavy drinkers who have never been involved in a car accident which was their fault. You can find those examples for almost anything you'd care to argue against. The problem is that driving a car is a PRIVALEGE, not a God given right. And in order to enjoy that privalege, you have to do so in a responsible manner. In my opinion, if you choose to get high/drunk/exhausted/old, and operate a motor vehicle, you should be held responsible if you cause an accident under those circumstances. Heck, if you're one of those morons who doesn't have the brain power to dial a cell phone and keep an eye on the road, you should go to jail if you kill someone while trying to do so. What I find hysterical however are those individuals who maintain that they are fully aware of how pot impacts them. Again, unless you've had tests/observation while under the influence, you CAN'T know how it impacts you. It's just not physically possible. Heck, why not call a few universities. I'm sure that one nearby is doing SOME kind of impact study and probably still needs a few test subjects. Proove me wrong.

XoPhinsoX
06-23-2003, 12:11 PM
People in Amsterdam aren't crashing all over the place.

If you really want you can always somehow get your high down if you really need to when driving.

PhinPhan1227
06-23-2003, 12:57 PM
People in Amsterdam aren't crashing all over the place.

If you really want you can always somehow get your high down if you really need to when driving.

Lol...Amsterdam has a pretty good bus/train system, and it's someplace where you can walk almost everywhere. Cars within the city aren't much of an issue.

inFINSible
06-23-2003, 01:31 PM

As someone who doesn't smoke anything, I don't see the need. Let me restate however that I'm for the decriminalization of pot, and most of the other illegal drugs. What I was referring to about DRIVING under the influence of pot, or any other mood/mind altering drug however still stands. I can easily counter your example with a few of my own as I know several people who are VERY heavy drinkers who have never been involved in a car accident which was their fault. You can find those examples for almost anything you'd care to argue against. The problem is that driving a car is a PRIVALEGE, not a God given right. And in order to enjoy that privalege, you have to do so in a responsible manner. In my opinion, if you choose to get high/drunk/exhausted/old, and operate a motor vehicle, you should be held responsible if you cause an accident under those circumstances. Heck, if you're one of those morons who doesn't have the brain power to dial a cell phone and keep an eye on the road, you should go to jail if you kill someone while trying to do so. What I find hysterical however are those individuals who maintain that they are fully aware of how pot impacts them. Again, unless you've had tests/observation while under the influence, you CAN'T know how it impacts you. It's just not physically possible. Heck, why not call a few universities. I'm sure that one nearby is doing SOME kind of impact study and probably still needs a few test subjects. Proove me wrong.
I agree with everything you said up to the point about not being able to tell what effect pot has on you.......YOU are wrong.....for someone who hasn't ever used marijuana you have a very definate opinion about it, and that worries me. It worries me because, it shows that the governments smear campaign is working like a champ. Marijuana is not a drug that causes hallucinations or blackouts It's sort of like background music. It's just relaxing NOT overpowering.....If you needed to stop being high, it's not a problem, you just do it. Operating a motor vehicle is NO PROBLEM WHAT-SO-EVER! I would put my driving skillz up against anybodies' at anytime......This is my opinion and unlike your's mine is based on years and years of PERSONAL research not on some crap that I read somewhere. So, It's not up to me to prove anything to YOU.....You prove ME wrong.

I know what I'm talking about.

For the record, and again, I agree with you for the most part, if we were talking about alcohol, cocaine, or heroin, LSD, crank, or crack, I would have your back all the way but, I DO NOT agree with your stance on the weed.

PhinPhan1227
06-23-2003, 01:51 PM

I agree with everything you said up to the point about not being able to tell what effect pot has on you.......YOU are wrong.....for someone who hasn't ever used marijuana you have a very definate opinion about it, and that worries me. It worries me because, it shows that the governments smear campaign is working like a champ. Marijuana is not a drug that causes hallucinations or blackouts It's sort of like background music. It's just relaxing NOT overpowering.....If you needed to stop being high, it's not a problem, you just do it. Operating a motor vehicle is NO PROBLEM WHAT-SO-EVER! I would put my driving skillz up against anybodies' at anytime......This is my opinion and unlike your's mine is based on years and years of PERSONAL research not on some crap that I read somewhere. So, It's not up to me to prove anything to YOU.....You prove ME wrong.

I know what I'm talking about.

For the record, and again, I agree with you for the most part, if we were talking about alcohol, cocaine, or heroin, LSD, crank, or crack, I would have your back all the way but, I DO NOT agree with your stance on the weed.

The problem Infins is that this statement " Marijuana is not a drug that causes hallucinations or blackouts It's sort of like background music. It's just relaxing NOT overpowering....." applies to alcohol as well. You can drink enough alcohol to be impaired without blacking out. Further, most drivers who ARE impaired by alcohol ALSO feel more than capable of operating a motor vehicle, and don't feel in any way impaired. The problem you fail to recognize is that you are trying to observe the effects of pot on you WHILE under the influence. You're on the inside looking out, and that's a fundamentaly flawed viewpoint, which any doctor would tell you. Now, I have very limited experience with pot, but I've had MANY friends who were recreational users, and even a few who were heavy users(heck, I had a friend who was the only chain pot smoker I've ever met). I've had the chance to see them straight AND stoned, and there IS a difference when the person is impaired. Again, one joint isn't going to make a difference for the most part any more than one beer is going to impair the average person. But to discount it's effects at ALL is just as bad as those idiots who DO think that one joint is enough to put you over the edge. Making the statement that you can drive as well as anyone no matter how stoned you are is EXACTLY the same as someone who has a high "tolerance" for alcohol making the same statement about being drunk". Bottom line to me is that an accident which was unavoidable shouldn't be blamed on someone who had a few beers if that had nothing to do with the accident, and the same holds true for pot or any other drug. But if a person IS impaired, that person needs to be held accountable.

inFINSible
06-23-2003, 02:05 PM
Okay....I get what you're saying....and yes, I agree, if someone IS IMPAIRED and they CAUSE the accident then yes, they should be held accountable on all fronts.
My position is that you CANNOT smoke ENOUGH marijuana to become too impaired to drive. Whereas additional alcohol has a cumulative effect, marijuana does not, you can only get so high before it doesn't have any more effect....and I know this doesn't make sense but there is something called "smoking yourself straight"....Now physiologically, I think that it is impossible but, personal experience says that it is indeed possible to FEEL that way.

PhinPhan1227
06-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Okay....I get what you're saying....and yes, I agree, if someone IS IMPAIRED and they CAUSE the accident then yes, they should be held accountable on all fronts.
My position is that you CANNOT smoke ENOUGH marijuana to become too impaired to drive. Whereas additional alcohol has a cumulative effect, marijuana does not, you can only get so high before it doesn't have any more effect....and I know this doesn't make sense but there is something called &quot;smoking yourself straight&quot;....Now physiologically, I think that it is impossible but, personal experience says that it is indeed possible to FEEL that way.

Ok, THAT is what I'm talking about. I have no doubt that you FEEL perfectly straight, but physiologically is ALL that matters. I've been drunk and had someone "step on my buzz" so that I felt perfectly normal...but that doesn't mean my reaction time isn't still screwed up. It's like X. I've seen people actually say that it's impossible to OD on X...completely ignoring the fact that you can overload your heart while on it. It FEELS like you can't OD on it, but that's not what the science says. That's why I asked you to proove me wrong. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was serious. Go and participate in a study that will allow an objective OUTSIDE observer to rate your impairment while under the influence. THAT'S the only way you'd know what the actual effects are.

inFINSible
06-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Alright don't start another debate in the middle of this one :lol:.....It IS impossible to OD on X.....the drug itself is only a mind effecting drug,it doesn't effect heart rate and breathing. It basically causes a release of seratonin in the brain and once you have depleted that amount of seratonin then the drug no longer has the effect that you are looking for....basically it stops working.......what the drug does do is elevate the body temperature and death can result because of that(but is easily avoided) but NOT from doing too much of the drug itself.....

Now, back to weed......:french:......If you're high and you cause a wreck, then the law should deal with you appropriately, I still say that the odds of you causing wreck while high on marijuana are the same as if you weren't high.....but, until I can sign on down at the local science lab and test my opinion, it is only that, my opinion.

PhinPhan1227
06-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Alright don't start another debate in the middle of this one :lol:.....It IS impossible to OD on X.....the drug itself is only a mind effecting drug,it doesn't effect heart rate and breathing. It basically causes a release of seratonin in the brain and once you have depleted that amount of seratonin then the drug no longer has the effect that you are looking for....basically it stops working.......what the drug does do is elevate the body temperature and death can result because of that(but is easily avoided) but NOT from doing too much of the drug itself.....

Now, back to weed......:french:......If you're high and you cause a wreck, then the law should deal with you appropriately, I still say that the odds of you causing wreck while high on marijuana are the same as if you weren't high.....but, until I can sign on down at the local science lab and test my opinion, it is only that, my opinion.

Lol...that's all I was asking for. As for X, that's something I HAVE done, and the facts you were quoting are true for the X that came out 5-6 years ago. That X produced an effect very similar to Ritalin(when taken by someone who isn't ADD). The current stuff kids are taking produces a "rolling" effect which DOES elevate the heart rate. That's one of the few drugs I can personally attest to. Lastly, I used to be one of those people who would never say "you can OD on anything if you take enough", because I didn't think people would take enough of some things to OD on them. The more I got to know people however, the more I realized that there will always be people who do mind bogglingly stupid things. That guy I knew who was a chain pot smoker owned a company I worked for and he would and did come to sales meetings stoned off his ***. I won't lay the failure of his company on his drug use(it failed because he was an idiot), but the drug use was certainly a symptom of his problems, and it also certainly contributed to those problems.

inFINSible
06-23-2003, 04:32 PM

Lol...that's all I was asking for. As for X, that's something I HAVE done, and the facts you were quoting are true for the X that came out 5-6 years ago. That X produced an effect very similar to Ritalin(when taken by someone who isn't ADD). The current stuff kids are taking produces a &quot;rolling&quot; effect which DOES elevate the heart rate. That's one of the few drugs I can personally attest to. Lastly, I used to be one of those people who would never say &quot;you can OD on anything if you take enough&quot;, because I didn't think people would take enough of some things to OD on them. The more I got to know people however, the more I realized that there will always be people who do mind bogglingly stupid things. That guy I knew who was a chain pot smoker owned a company I worked for and he would and did come to sales meetings stoned off his ***. I won't lay the failure of his company on his drug use(it failed because he was an idiot), but the drug use was certainly a symptom of his problems, and it also certainly contributed to those problems.

yeah, but now you are not talking about pure MDMA....BIG difference.....there are far too many people with a pill press making things that they sell as "X" when there is probably no MDMA in them at all......There is also a similar drug called DMA (same thing without the meth) that causes the body to overheat to a much greater extent than MDMA.....it's these drugs that are dangerous and thanks to orginizations like dancesafe.org there are actually testing kits that you can buy to test your pills before you take them. But you're right, some people are going to be stupid and irresponsible with drug use and end up in dire straights no matter what and that is what leads to these stupid drug laws that we have.

Moderation is the key to everything.

Anything, in excess, is a bad thing.

XoPhinsoX
06-23-2003, 04:46 PM

Lol...that's all I was asking for. As for X, that's something I HAVE done, and the facts you were quoting are true for the X that came out 5-6 years ago. That X produced an effect very similar to Ritalin(when taken by someone who isn't ADD). The current stuff kids are taking produces a &quot;rolling&quot; effect which DOES elevate the heart rate. That's one of the few drugs I can personally attest to. Lastly, I used to be one of those people who would never say &quot;you can OD on anything if you take enough&quot;, because I didn't think people would take enough of some things to OD on them. The more I got to know people however, the more I realized that there will always be people who do mind bogglingly stupid things. That guy I knew who was a chain pot smoker owned a company I worked for and he would and did come to sales meetings stoned off his ***. I won't lay the failure of his company on his drug use(it failed because he was an idiot), but the drug use was certainly a symptom of his problems, and it also certainly contributed to those problems.

There's a time and place to smoke. The guy was just a dumbass.

XoPhinsoX
06-23-2003, 04:52 PM
These over the counter drugs like Xanax and things like that are actually more addictive then Marijuana. Not only that you get decently faded (depending on the person and how many pills/beers you have) to where it's a lot worse then weed, yet they don't see these drugs as harmful for some reason. Why not just let us go out and get a prescription to Weed? It'd be the same thing.

Take 3, 2 milligram Xanax with a couple beers compared to a couple bowls and tell me who will beable to drive better ;). What I'm trying to say is you can abuse other drugs far more then bud. .

dolfan06
06-24-2003, 12:32 AM
These over the counter drugs like Xanax and things like that are actually more addictive then Marijuana. Not only that you get decently faded (depending on the person and how many pills/beers you have) to where it's a lot worse then weed, yet they don't see these drugs as harmful for some reason. Why not just let us go out and get a prescription to Weed? It'd be the same thing.

Take 3, 2 milligram Xanax with a couple beers compared to a couple bowls and tell me who will beable to drive better ;). What I'm trying to say is you can abuse other drugs far more then bud. . don't do either!;) :tongue:

PhinPhan1227
06-24-2003, 09:06 AM

Take 3, 2 milligram Xanax with a couple beers compared to a couple bowls and tell me who will beable to drive better ;). What I'm trying to say is you can abuse other drugs far more then bud. .

Hey, I'm the first to agree that prescription drugs are abused even more than illegal drugs(lets not even talk about methadone). That being said, abuse is abuse. Honestly, if someone is driving while exhausted they're at LEAST as dangerous as someone who is drunk. I'd just like the law to go after ANYONE who drives impaired...drunk, tired, stoned, whatever.

Jaydog57
06-24-2003, 02:56 PM

Damn, nice. You should throw up a pic sometime if you can.

Nothing special here. Just a 2 foot glass, blue swirly w/ like green in it. I'm gonna go out and get something real nice sooner or later..I'm just paranoid with glass. I've broken so many bowls, etc for this thing. Especially when the bowls are like 30-40 a pop for a decent one. I HAD a cool *** pipe I picked up from Jamaica. It was made out of bamboo and had a rasta face where you held it. Purely original. Then my ex turned around on accident and it fell and broke on the tile. Already fixed it once..wasn't worth it after that.

You live in Orlando, eh? I'll be up there soon to visit one of my boys. We should toooookkkkkke up ;). On a side note did you hear about those kids who put (I think) it was something like Homing Oil on their weed? It was some kind of oil. Anyways, it's supposed to increase the high, but what this oil does is when you smoke it it starts to suffocate you and I believe make your lungs harden up (not positive), but someone died from it recently.

Stupid ****s. Yeah, glass makes for a smoother smoke that's for sure. My buddy in Daytona is a glass blower and made me a hookah out of a huge pyrex jar, but it did not make the trip over to O'town:cry:. However, I still have the Goldschlager bong he made me. I used to be a somewhat extensive collector of 'pieces'. Most I don't use, just my favorites. Even have a Yoda bowl so's you can 'feel the force':cool: PM me when you come up here and we can party. In response to FauxReality, yes one good hit off a smaller bong will do ya right with maybe some Kryptonic Chronic, but one good hit off a gravity bong with just regular schwag will do ya pretty nice as well.:cool:

XoPhinsoX
06-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Yeah, glass makes for a smoother smoke that's for sure. My buddy in Daytona is a glass blower and made me a hookah out of a huge pyrex jar, but it did not make the trip over to O'town:cry:. However, I still have the Goldschlager bong he made me. I used to be a somewhat extensive collector of 'pieces'. Most I don't use, just my favorites. Even have a Yoda bowl so's you can 'feel the force':cool: PM me when you come up here and we can party. In response to FauxReality, yes one good hit off a smaller bong will do ya right with maybe some Kryptonic Chronic, but one good hit off a gravity bong with just regular schwag will do ya pretty nice as well.:cool:

Definetely.

Blowing glass would be a neat thing to pick up, heh.

I can't imagine it's to hard.

Dolfan984
06-25-2003, 02:23 AM
Hey Jay, you remember the stuff I had when I was down there? We have some stuff that slaps the living crap out of it. I was talking to Teresa and if you PM me with your address, we'll send you a bit if you want it. ;)

dolfan06
06-25-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Hey Jay, you remember the stuff I had when I was down there? We have some stuff that slaps the living crap out of it. I was talking to Teresa and if you PM me with your address, we'll send you a bit if you want it. ;) this explains alot!:rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
06-25-2003, 10:56 AM

Definetely.

Blowing glass would be a neat thing to pick up, heh.

I can't imagine it's to hard.

Doing it well is one of the oldest art-forms known to man. You not only need a lot of training, you need to have the right equipment as well. I'm sure you could "pick it up", but you could also "pick up" sculpting 2 ton blocks of marble.

minus
06-25-2003, 01:16 PM
I never found drugs to be appealing to me and I fiind drugs pointless.Give me alcohol any day over some herb.........:friday:

XoPhinsoX
06-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Alchohol is considered a drug ;\

They just don't look into it nearly as much and it's accepted for some reason :D .

Dolfan984
06-26-2003, 01:59 AM
this explains alot!:rolleyes:

About what 06?

Den54
06-26-2003, 07:56 AM

They just don't look into it nearly as much and it's accepted for some reason :D .

Its really quite simple. In our hipocritical society alchohol is glamourized for all to see, the government and the private sector makes a mint on it and it was good enough for Jesus. Ha!
Nobody wants to admit the double standard it really is.
Try and take Ted Kennedys alchohol away from him. <Snicker>.

PhinPhan1227
06-26-2003, 09:25 AM

Its really quite simple. In our hipocritical society alchohol is glamourized for all to see, the government and the private sector makes a mint on it and it was good enough for Jesus. Ha!
Nobody wants to admit the double standard it really is.
Try and take Ted Kennedys alchohol away from him. &lt;Snicker&gt;.

The inherent difference between alcohol and any inhaled drug is that in small quantities, alcohol IS good for you. At the very least in moderate quantities alcohol does no harm toy your body. There's no amount of tobacco or pot that doesn't do some damage to you.

Jaydog57
06-26-2003, 11:16 AM

The inherent difference between alcohol and any inhaled drug is that in small quantities, alcohol IS good for you. At the very least in moderate quantities alcohol does no harm toy your body. There's no amount of tobacco or pot that doesn't do some damage to you. No matter what small amount of alcohol you consume, your liver still has to process it.:rolleyes: As far as grass, who says you HAVE to inhale it? I've wolfed down some pot brownies, but never inhaled them.:cool:

PhinPhan1227
06-26-2003, 11:50 AM
No matter what small amount of alcohol you consume, your liver still has to process it.:rolleyes: As far as grass, who says you HAVE to inhale it? I've wolfed down some pot brownies, but never inhaled them.:cool:

Your liver is also the only organ in your body which is capable of regenerating itself. Consumed in moderation, you'd have to live to be 150 before your liver would fail from that damage. Compare that with the beneficial lowering of bad cholesteral, and you've got a net benefit of MODERATE alcohol consumption. And yes, I'm referring to smoked pot, not consumed. If you've NEVER smoked it, ignore that, but I highly doubt that you SOLELY "bake" when you "bake"....:cool:

Den54
06-26-2003, 12:30 PM

The inherent difference between alcohol and any inhaled drug is that in small quantities, alcohol IS good for you. At the very least in moderate quantities alcohol does no harm toy your body. There's no amount of tobacco or pot that doesn't do some damage to you.

What you say about alcohol could easily be atributed to the propagada machine, research and studies that in most part were funded by the alcohol companys and our government. What do you think they are going to say?

I disagree about your stance on pot doing damage even in small amounts. Either one could be said to be harmless if done in moderation.
But like most hardliners there is no middle ground.

PhinPhan1227
06-26-2003, 12:54 PM

What you say about alcohol could easily be atributed to the propagada machine, research and studies that in most part were funded by the alcohol companys and our government. What do you think they are going to say?

I disagree about your stance on pot doing damage even in small amounts. Either one could be said to be harmless if done in moderation.
But like most hardliners there is no middle ground.

Actually, many of those studies were conducted by individual labs, who were careful to stress moderation. As for disagreeing with pot doing damage in small amounts, tar and other pollutants introduced to the lungs is going to do damage. If you honestly think that all the resin you get collected on your pipe isn't also going into your lungs, than you may want to STOP smoking for a few hours and consider it again. Again, the liver is capable of regenerating itself so long as it isn't overwhelmed(HEAVY drinking), but the lungs have no such capability. This is medical fact, and really isn't open to debate. Lastly, either produce evidence which contradicts alcohols benefits to lower cholesteral levels, or you are again argiung from a position of weakness. Declaring something as "propaganda" without anything to back that statement up puts you in "Baghdad Bob" territory.

Den54
06-26-2003, 01:30 PM

Actually, many of those studies were conducted by individual labs, who were careful to stress moderation. As for disagreeing with pot doing damage in small amounts, tar and other pollutants introduced to the lungs is going to do damage. If you honestly think that all the resin you get collected on your pipe isn't also going into your lungs, than you may want to STOP smoking for a few hours and consider it again. Again, the liver is capable of regenerating itself so long as it isn't overwhelmed(HEAVY drinking), but the lungs have no such capability. This is medical fact, and really isn't open to debate. Lastly, either produce evidence which contradicts alcohols benefits to lower cholesteral levels, or you are again argiung from a position of weakness. Declaring something as &quot;propaganda&quot; without anything to back that statement up puts you in &quot;Baghdad Bob&quot; territory.

Hey thanks for reminding me about my pipe WOOHOO!!.:jk:
I'm no doctor but this I know from many years of EXPERIANCE in weightlighting, Triathalons, 10ks and such that the human body is a marvalous thing, I've never been held back from any of my vices and have always checked out great in my physicals. So whether or not the lungs can regenerate themselves or not, I know that with proper nutrition and exercise and some good antioxendents sp that you can offset any damage or health concerns with pot if there truly are any. I'm 39 and have had my lungs exrayed and they are fine with no damage. Just like one may clean his pipe, the body can clean the lungs provided you give it enough time in between sessions. You spin it like the resin just sits there and accumulates and is never cleaned out. So once again I part in disagreement with you and chose to go on my own experiance. :D

PhinPhan1227
06-26-2003, 02:13 PM

Hey thanks for reminding me about my pipe WOOHOO!!.:jk:
I'm no doctor but this I know from many years of EXPERIANCE in weightlighting, Triathalons, 10ks and such that the human body is a marvalous thing, I've never been held back from any of my vices and have always checked out great in my physicals. So whether or not the lungs can regenerate themselves or not, I know that with proper nutrition and exercise and some good antioxendents sp that you can offset any damage or health concerns with pot if there truly are any. I'm 39 and have had my lungs exrayed and they are fine with no damage. Just like one may clean his pipe, the body can clean the lungs provided you give it enough time in between sessions. You spin it like the resin just sits there and accumulates and is never cleaned out. So once again I part in disagreement with you and chose to go on my own experiance. :D

You're taking an all or nothing approach, which is almost always fallacious. Of course training can offset the damage, and moderate smoking will only produce moderate damage. Further, some people will be more susceptable to that damage than others. But just because you can't see the damage doesn't mean it isn't there. Unless you've got a twin brother who also trains but doesn't smoke, you have no way of knowing whether you could have done even better without smoking. Again, I'm NOT against people smoking pot if they choose to do so in a safe manner. Heck, I don't even think it should be illegal. But saying that it doesn't impact you physiologically is as blind as stating that it doesn't impact your ability to drive. Again, trying to gauge a drugs impact on yourself is just flat out bad science. There's just no way to be accurate.

Den54
06-26-2003, 02:54 PM

You're taking an all or nothing approach, which is almost always fallacious. Of course training can offset the damage, and moderate smoking will only produce moderate damage. Further, some people will be more susceptable to that damage than others. But just because you can't see the damage doesn't mean it isn't there. Unless you've got a twin brother who also trains but doesn't smoke, you have no way of knowing whether you could have done even better without smoking. Again, I'm NOT against people smoking pot if they choose to do so in a safe manner. Heck, I don't even think it should be illegal. But saying that it doesn't impact you physiologically is as blind as stating that it doesn't impact your ability to drive. Again, trying to gauge a drugs impact on yourself is just flat out bad science. There's just no way to be accurate.

Well I pretty much agree with all of the above. To me the bottom line is moderation, will that completely wipe out any risk? No. But it lowers it to a degree that I'm willing to take.
I respect your opinion and its been my pleasure debating this topic with you. I stand fast in my belief that one can recover faster from a night of hard toking then a night of hard drinking.
I've done both and the drinking is far worse on the body then the toking.

Jaydog57
06-26-2003, 03:12 PM

Your liver is also the only organ in your body which is capable of regenerating itself. Consumed in moderation, you'd have to live to be 150 before your liver would fail from that damage. Compare that with the beneficial lowering of bad cholesteral, and you've got a net benefit of MODERATE alcohol consumption. And yes, I'm referring to smoked pot, not consumed. If you've NEVER smoked it, ignore that, but I highly doubt that you SOLELY &quot;bake&quot; when you &quot;bake&quot;....:cool: Making Betty Chronic brownies is a rare treat, yeah I usually toke. I usually smoke with a bong, a triple chamber. It filters out a considerate amount of the tar. As far as smoking goes, it's pretty much the cleanest way to go. Although, I still like a blunt now and again :cool:

Jaydog57
06-26-2003, 03:18 PM

I stand fast in my belief that one can recover faster from a night of hard toking then a night of hard drinking.
I've done both and the drinking is far worse on the body then the toking. Absolutely. Excessive alcohol intake dehydrates you and largly depeletes the body of it's level of vitamin 'B'. Those two things missing is what you feel with a hangover. With grass, there is no hangover, nothing to 'sleep off'. If anything you are nourshing yourself, even if just a bit, when you get the munchies. :cool:

PhinPhan1227
06-26-2003, 03:56 PM

Well I pretty much agree with all of the above. To me the bottom line is moderation, will that completely wipe out any risk? No. But it lowers it to a degree that I'm willing to take.
I respect your opinion and its been my pleasure debating this topic with you. I stand fast in my belief that one can recover faster from a night of hard toking then a night of hard drinking.
I've done both and the drinking is far worse on the body then the toking.

Oh heck, that about goes without saying. I've never heard of someone smoking themselves to death, but alcohol will certainly do you in if you drink enough. Heck, in small enough doses you're not going to do too much damage doing just about anything including hard drugs(morphene being an exception). But at the same time, smoking anything over a period of several decades just isn't very good for the body. Bottom line as I said is that I have no problem with people doing drugs so long as they do so in moderation, don't operate a vehicle, and don't do it in front of me or my kid. Other than that, peace, love, and have a grand old time...:cool:

PhinPhan1227
06-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Absolutely. Excessive alcohol intake dehydrates you and largly depeletes the body of it's level of vitamin 'B'. Those two things missing is what you feel with a hangover. With grass, there is no hangover, nothing to 'sleep off'. If anything you are nourshing yourself, even if just a bit, when you get the munchies. :cool:

Are you REALLY going to call Jack in the Box taco's, and White Castle burgers "nourishing"?:lol:

Den54
06-26-2003, 06:13 PM

Are you REALLY going to call Jack in the Box taco's, and White Castle burgers &quot;nourishing&quot;?:lol:

Lets toke up and make a run for the border
I'll take my top off if you pay for the order.
Taco Taco Taco kisses.:goof:

PhinPhan1227
06-27-2003, 11:37 AM

Lets toke up and make a run for the border
I'll take my top off if you pay for the order.
Taco Taco Taco kisses.:goof:

Um...unless you look VERY different from your avatar....KEEP THE TOP ON!!!...lol, btw, what song is that from?

Den54
06-27-2003, 12:13 PM

Um...unless you look VERY different from your avatar....KEEP THE TOP ON!!!...lol, btw, what song is that from?

Its from a South Park episode featuring a JLO wannabe. I threw in the toke up line.:lol:

XoPhinsoX
06-27-2003, 06:41 PM

Actually, many of those studies were conducted by individual labs, who were careful to stress moderation. As for disagreeing with pot doing damage in small amounts, tar and other pollutants introduced to the lungs is going to do damage. If you honestly think that all the resin you get collected on your pipe isn't also going into your lungs, than you may want to STOP smoking for a few hours and consider it again. Again, the liver is capable of regenerating itself so long as it isn't overwhelmed(HEAVY drinking), but the lungs have no such capability. This is medical fact, and really isn't open to debate. Lastly, either produce evidence which contradicts alcohols benefits to lower cholesteral levels, or you are again argiung from a position of weakness. Declaring something as &quot;propaganda&quot; without anything to back that statement up puts you in &quot;Baghdad Bob&quot; territory.

How many people drink "small amounts" of alchohol? a 12 pack is considered small to a lot of people :lol:

Jaydog57
06-27-2003, 08:04 PM

Are you REALLY going to call Jack in the Box taco's, and White Castle burgers &quot;nourishing&quot;?:lol: I run for the border or go to Krystals on a munchie run, but still love an R/C and a moon pie when I can. :cool:

Dolfan984
06-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Yeah, bongs and bubblers are the best. Cleaner and smoother, that and all the tar (resin) goes to the bottom of the chamber where the water sits, and you just get smoke. As long as you keep yourself in good physical shape and be active, your lungs will be 10 times better than someone who just sits around and smokes pot.

inFINSible
06-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Here's an interesting article.....link (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=18&u=/nm/20030627/ts_nm/health_marijuana_dc)

:dance: :infins: :redeye:

The results, published in the July issue of the Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, show that marijuana has only a marginally harmful long-term effect on learning and memory.

No effect at all was seen on other functions, including reaction time, attention, language, reasoning ability, and perceptual and motor skills.

The UCSD research team said the problems observed in learning and forgetting suggest that long-term marijuana use results in selective memory defects, but said the impact was of a very small magnitude.

If we barely find this tiny effect in long-term heavy users of cannabis, then we are unlikely to see deleterious side effects in individuals who receive cannabis for a short time in a medical setting," Grant said.

Den54
06-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Yeah, bongs and bubblers are the best. Cleaner and smoother, that and all the tar (resin) goes to the bottom of the chamber where the water sits, and you just get smoke. As long as you keep yourself in good physical shape and be active, your lungs will be 10 times better than someone who just sits around and smokes pot.

Have you seen those vaporizers? Has anyone here ever done a solar hit?

MOULDSROCKS
06-28-2003, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't do it b/c of the tar and carbon monoxide (equivalant to 15-20 cigs.... & that was in 1979... it could be worse now)

Plus, I don't do any drugs or alcohol or put any un-natural chemicals into my body. I am an athlete and that isn't my thing.

I have nothing against people who use it, but I can't stand it when (SOME PEOPLE) act like such stiffs when they don't have the stuff. It's like they can't have a good time without it. They have some sort of stick up their *** when they don't have it. You guys probably know the type.

BTW -political stance... DECRIMINALIZE... not legalize.... and bust people whenever you can... it would bring it a lot of revenue. ;) Legalizing it might cause SOME people to become OVERLY OBSESSED with using it and that

a) could invade other peoples privacy
b) could lead to automobile accidents like alcohol does
c) would be harder to tax
d) would give the tobacco companies another thing to market to little children, which is not cool.

'd' being my main reason.... it wouldn't be so great IMO if you could walk into a grocery store and buy some weed. lol potential for too many problems there.

XoPhinsoX
06-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Bud doesn't need to be marketed to kids, rofl.

They all know about it.

Funny story actually last night. Was at a party and we got my buds little brother allll faded. We got him to smoke weed for the 1st time and when he went to hit out of the bong he put his nose in it to suck. It was classic :lol:

He ended up puking for 2 hours from Jim Beam :evil:

MOULDSROCKS
06-28-2003, 06:02 PM
yeah... um.... those kind of stories disgust me rather than make me laugh....

although... how old was this kid, that could change my opinion of you. anything less than 15 though and you're pushing the envelope. less than 10 and you need to be shot, he doesn't have the information or intelligence to think on his own at that age. he just wants to be cool like you guys.

XoPhinsoX
06-28-2003, 07:43 PM
He was 14. .

Didn't hurt anyone.

Den54
06-28-2003, 07:50 PM
He was 14. .

Didn't hurt anyone.

I really don't know if you're kidding or not but like alcohol pot should only be tried when you're an adult and you're mature enough to handle it. IMO.

MOULDSROCKS
06-28-2003, 09:14 PM
:nono:

yeah, that was probabyl not the smartest thing you could have posted today..... should ahev lied or not said a word.

I threw out all your opinions on the subject BTW! :D :tongue:

XoPhinsoX
06-29-2003, 10:11 AM

I really don't know if you're kidding or not but like alcohol pot should only be tried when you're an adult and you're mature enough to handle it. IMO.

I consider myself pretty responsible.

There were other people there (including myself) watching out for whoever was TOO ****ed up or his brother. It's not like anyone was driving around causing trouble ;). Why would I kid? How many 14 year olds today are doing Cocaine I wonder? Better he was ****ed up with some adults (I guess) instead of his friends, no?

XoPhinsoX
06-29-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS

yeah, that was probabyl not the smartest thing you could have posted today..... should ahev lied or not said a word.

I threw out all your opinions on the subject BTW! :D :tongue:

Why's that?

dolfan06
06-30-2003, 12:06 AM

I threw out all your opinions on the subject BTW! :D :tongue: whats probabyl and ahev!?:rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
06-30-2003, 10:31 AM

How many people drink &quot;small amounts&quot; of alchohol? a 12 pack is considered small to a lot of people :lol:

The vast majority of people actually. A couple of beers or a couple of cocktails with dinner is moderate drinking. Very much the equivalent of a joint after work to relax. It's when you overdo things that you get into trouble.

PhinPhan1227
06-30-2003, 10:39 AM

I consider myself pretty responsible.

There were other people there (including myself) watching out for whoever was TOO ****ed up or his brother. It's not like anyone was driving around causing trouble ;). Why would I kid? How many 14 year olds today are doing Cocaine I wonder? Better he was ****ed up with some adults (I guess) instead of his friends, no?

Sorry, but I have to agree that 14 is too young for anything unless you were TRYING to get the kid sick as a deterent. Even then, those decisions should be left up to the kids parents. In point of fact, you were committing two crimes, drug use AND doing it with a minor. Not funny, not cool, and legitimately criminal. Getting high as an adult I can condone, since I think people have the right to do what they want with their own bodies. Doing that with a minor however, or even doing it AROUND a minor is COMPLETELY wrong. If it were up to me, you would have been arrested.

inFINSible
06-30-2003, 06:36 PM
I think that you actually should go back and delete what you were talking about too......

XoPhinsoX
06-30-2003, 08:10 PM
First off, the kid has been drunk before.

I mean..we're in 2003 here.

Things are a bit different and kids seem to get knowledge about all of this a lot sooner, as well as get exposed to it.

Den54
06-30-2003, 08:14 PM
No amount of spinning will justify what you did. imo.

inFINSible
06-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Dude, that excuse is going to get you nothing if the law gets involved....It might sound good and normal to you but, in real society it is against the law big time......

I know that there are at least two members here that are or were police officers so my advice to you is still the same....take it or leave it, it's up to you.

XoPhinsoX
06-30-2003, 08:44 PM
No amount of spinning will justify what you did. imo.

It wasn't rape for god sakes :lol: .

Everyone in their life has gotten someone underage all F'd up.

Admit it or not ;).

Den54
06-30-2003, 09:21 PM

Admit it or not ;).

I never have or had it done to me when I was young. I'm sure I'm not the only exception.

dolfan06
07-01-2003, 01:00 AM

They just don't look into it nearly as much and it's accepted for some reason :D . maybe so, but your not coughing your lungs out when you drink it!:tongue:

PhinPhan1227
07-01-2003, 09:37 AM

Admit it or not ;).

Um....no. When I drank underage, it was with other underage people. And I try to keep kids away from alcohol and drugs, I don't make it easier for them to get it. And KNOWING about something, and actually DOING it are two different things. What you did was illegal, it was wrong and IT was f'd up. I hope you don't have kids man, and unless there's a serious attitude change, I hope you never do.

XoPhinsoX
07-01-2003, 06:24 PM

Um....no. When I drank underage, it was with other underage people. And I try to keep kids away from alcohol and drugs, I don't make it easier for them to get it. And KNOWING about something, and actually DOING it are two different things. What you did was illegal, it was wrong and IT was f'd up. I hope you don't have kids man, and unless there's a serious attitude change, I hope you never do.

Um, it's my friends' brother. . .

What's the problem? It's not like I grabbed some kid off the street and forced him to drink alchohol and smoke a little bud. I say let the kid have a little fun once in a while.

You don't know me well enough sit there and "hope" I don't have kids.

It's not like I shot Heroine into the kids eye.

So chill out :calm: :party:

dolfan06
07-01-2003, 10:14 PM
maybe so, but your not coughing your lungs out when you drink it!:tongue: no answer, huh?:rolleyes:

Jaydog57
07-01-2003, 11:21 PM
no answer, huh?:rolleyes: You're not coughing your lungs out when you drink it, just like you're not coughing your lungs out after a couple bong hits. If you smoke doobage all the time, yeah you'll cough. Just like if you drink all the time you'll rot your liver out..........not much better than coughing your lungs out.:cool:

dolfan06
07-02-2003, 12:08 AM
You're not coughing your lungs out when you drink it, just like you're not coughing your lungs out after a couple bong hits. If you smoke doobage all the time, yeah you'll cough. Just like if you drink all the time you'll rot your liver out..........not much better than coughing your lungs out.:cool: i'm drinking wine right now and i'm sure not coughing, everybody i know that does mary jane, coughs!:tongue: and my doctor recommends wine, he doesn't recommend maui wowie!:rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
07-02-2003, 09:00 AM

Um, it's my friends' brother. . .

What's the problem? It's not like I grabbed some kid off the street and forced him to drink alchohol and smoke a little bud. I say let the kid have a little fun once in a while.

You don't know me well enough sit there and &quot;hope&quot; I don't have kids.

It's not like I shot Heroine into the kids eye.

So chill out :calm: :party:

Jesus....a little kid has fun all the freaking time...but it shouldn't be THAT kind of fun. At 14 he should be chasing girls and playing PS2 NOT getting high. The fact that you don't recognize that fact is EXACTLY why I hope that you don't have kids until your mindset/attitude changes. And AGAIN, this is an issue for the kids PARENTS, not you, not his brother, his PARENTS. Probably the only adults that are even INVOLVED in this equation, since nobody who would get a 14 year old kid high qualifies as an adult. The bottom line is that while I agree with the decriminalization of pot, I think your *** should have gone to jail, along with the kids brother. Sorry man, but that is just ALL kinds of wrong.

Jaydog57
07-02-2003, 12:32 PM
i'm drinking wine right now and i'm sure not coughing, everybody i know that does mary jane, coughs!:tongue: and my doctor recommends wine, he doesn't recommend maui wowie!:rolleyes: Of course you're not, as I said before you wouldn't do that when you drink (unless you were doing shots of Jack Daniels, after a few of those you'd be coughin' up something). As for everybody you know that hacks when they toke, I guess they smoke too much. Sure you're doctor recommends wine, but I'm sure it's not a bottle or two everyday, that would be bad. Someday he might recommend grass, they're slowly coming around to legalizing it for medical uses. People keep saying moderate amounts of booze are healthy and they're saying pot has absolutely no positive benefits. If people have never tried alcohol and grass equally at an extensive level (not meaning took one toke and hacked), their opinions can't really mean that much, they're too one sided.:cool:

dolfan06
07-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Of course you're not, as I said before you wouldn't do that when you drink (unless you were doing shots of Jack Daniels, after a few of those you'd be coughin' up something). As for everybody you know that hacks when they toke, I guess they smoke too much. Sure you're doctor recommends wine, but I'm sure it's not a bottle or two everyday, that would be bad. Someday he might recommend grass, they're slowly coming around to legalizing it for medical uses. People keep saying moderate amounts of booze are healthy and they're saying pot has absolutely no positive benefits. If people have never tried alcohol and grass equally at an extensive level (not meaning took one toke and hacked), their opinions can't really mean that much, they're too one sided.:cool: anything done in excess can cause problems, too much nasal spray or too much alcohol. acapulco gold only takes once, the whole time your holding it in your lungs, your body is trying to get rid of it!:tongue:

inFINSible
07-03-2003, 07:46 AM
06....no offense, but you don't know squat about pot....

dolfan06
07-03-2003, 09:07 PM
06....no offense, but you don't know squat about pot.... i know that your an imbecile to put something in your system that it doesn't want, what else is there to know!:tongue:

inFINSible
07-03-2003, 09:20 PM
you may be right.

dolfan06
07-03-2003, 09:27 PM
you may be right. ah, but i know it, i have the majority vote!;)

inFINSible
07-03-2003, 09:36 PM
:huh:

Jaydog57
07-03-2003, 10:00 PM
i know that your an imbecile to put something in your system that it doesn't want, what else is there to know!:tongue: No offense, but your body doesn't want excessive alcohol in it either.:cool:

inFINSible
07-03-2003, 10:03 PM
ah, but i know it, i have the majority vote!;)

I get it now.....how sad that you feel that JUST BECAUSE you're in the majority, you're right. Think outside the box man.

dolfan06
07-03-2003, 10:07 PM
:huh: i have a son that is in prison right now because of drugs. i don't want to even think about ANYBODY enjoying ****, i sure as hell don't like it. even when he gets out his mind is gone, from marijuana, crystal and meth, so don't even try to tell me i don't know what its all about, i know all i need to know!:tongue:

inFINSible
07-03-2003, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry about your son, i truly am, but, the key word was crystal meth not marijuana....that's bad stuff,i've lost a few friends to that sh*t....they're not dead but they'll never be the same, it's horrible....on that, we agree. peace.

dolfan06
07-03-2003, 10:11 PM

I get it now.....how sad that you feel that JUST BECAUSE you're in the majority, you're right. Think outside the box man. tell that to my son and his mother, he'll never be the same. i've gone to classes since and i've seen graphs that show that what ever drug you want is not good!:tongue:

dolfan06
07-03-2003, 10:13 PM
No offense, but your body doesn't want excessive alcohol in it either.:cool: so enlighten me, who does that?

Den54
07-03-2003, 10:15 PM
tell that to my son and his mother, he'll never be the same. i've gone to classes since and i've seen graphs that show that what ever drug you want is not good!:tongue:

Yeah those graphs are real eyeopeners. Kinko's finest.

dolfan06
07-03-2003, 10:22 PM

Yeah those graphs are real eyeopeners. Kinko's finest. the results to my son and watching his mother cry tell me more than any friggin graph, deal with that!:tongue:

Den54
07-04-2003, 07:55 AM
the results to my son and watching his mother cry tell me more than any friggin graph, deal with that!:tongue:

Well this seems like such a sensitive subject matter to you, so you might wish to find another thread to participate in or better yet join MADD or DARE.

Jaydog57
07-04-2003, 12:07 PM

Well this seems like such a sensitive subject matter to you, so you might wish to find another thread to participate in or better yet join MADD or DARE. I'm a member of DAMM

Drunks
Against
Mad
Mothers :rocker:

Den54
07-04-2003, 12:11 PM
I'm a member of DAMM

Drunks
Against
Mad
Mothers :rocker:

Where do I sign up? heh.:D

dolfan06
07-04-2003, 03:11 PM

Well this seems like such a sensitive subject matter to you, so you might wish to find another thread to participate in or better yet join MADD or DARE. my wife is far from mad, but you mention drugs of any kind and you might as well put a wet suit on!:rolleyes:

Jaydog57
07-05-2003, 03:42 AM
my wife is far from mad, but you mention drugs of any kind and you might as well put a wet suit on!:rolleyes: I'm sorry that your son is in prison but I can't change what I know about how drugs affect people and I'm sure you're wife would be pissed regardless, but sometimes angry people are just that way because they're misguided and wrongly informed.:cool: I know, 'tell that to my son in prison' but your son did more than just smoke some herb with some buddies.:cool:

dolfan06
07-05-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry that your son is in prison but I can't change what I know about how drugs affect people and I'm sure you're wife would be pissed regardless, but sometimes angry people are just that way because they're misguided and wrongly informed.:cool: I know, 'tell that to my son in prison' but your son did more than just smoke some herb with some buddies.:cool: its alot easier too bend somebody's mind when there on any kind of a high. it all started with MJ, then it came to, "here try this."

i don't know how he reacts to it, but myself, i might be allergic to it, i tried it once and got very sick, even passed out and threw up all over myself! scared the hell out of the people i was with. maybe i should be a poster boy for DARE!;)

Den54
07-05-2003, 11:26 AM
its alot easier too bend somebody's mind when there on any kind of a high. it all started with MJ, then it came to, &quot;here try this.&quot;

i don't know how he reacts to it, but myself, i might be allergic to it, i tried it once and got very sick, even passed out and threw up all over myself! scared the hell out of the people i was with. maybe i should be a poster boy for DARE!;)

Endurance is the key. You can't give up after trying it only once no matter how silly you looked.:lol:

dolfan06
07-05-2003, 03:35 PM

Endurance is the key. You can't give up after trying it only once no matter how silly you looked.:lol: i guess the bottom line is, all through the bible, they talk about drinking wine/alcohol, yet there is not one reference to smoking grass. hmm, i wonder why that is.:tongue:

XoPhinsoX
07-05-2003, 06:31 PM
They did everything then..they just didn't realize what they were doing.

They probably were on shrooms when they saw Jesus walk across water.

Den54
07-05-2003, 07:08 PM
i guess the bottom line is, all through the bible, they talk about drinking wine/alcohol, yet there is not one reference to smoking grass. hmm, i wonder why that is.:tongue:

Oh please don't break out that book of lies and parables.

dolfan06
07-05-2003, 07:29 PM

Oh please don't break out that book of lies and parables. maybe they are lies to you, some of them may have been drinkink the wine when they told the story, but as a whole, i believe it!;)

Den54
07-05-2003, 07:53 PM
I know there are a couple of pretty good fish stories in there.

dolfan06
07-05-2003, 11:17 PM
I know there are a couple of pretty good fish stories in there. especially jonah and the whale!;)

Dolfan984
07-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Hey Jay, you like those drinks I made you back in December? ;)

Jacks is the way to go. :)

Jaydog57
07-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Hey Jay, you like those drinks I made you back in December? ;)

Jacks is the way to go. :) Yeah them's was some good drinks man. At the moment, I'm fulfilling my contract to sponsor the Captain and am indulging in a few shots. Party on!:rocker::cool:

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Interesting thread. First I`ve seen it. Personally, I choose not to do either alchohol or drugs anymore because they are addictive to me , and brothers and sisters, I`ve done them ALL....circa, 60`s and 70`s..One of the original hippies, I guess. :cool:

With that said....legalize and regulate weed (not addictive) and shoot anybody caught selling opium. That drug is just too good.

:cap:

Jaydog57
07-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Interesting thread. First I`ve seen it. Personally, I choose not to do either alchohol or drugs anymore because they are addictive to me , and brothers and sisters, I`ve done them ALL....circa, 60`s and 70`s..One of the original hippies, I guess. :cool:

With that said....legalize and regulate weed (not addictive) and shoot anybody caught selling opium. That drug is just too good.

:cap: Nice post from somebody who's been there and done that, lived to tell about it, and is still open minded.:cool:

dolfan06
07-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Nice post from somebody who's been there and done that, lived to tell about it, and is still open minded.:cool: i still find it hard to believe anybody needs either. if you're livin right, especially with the right woman, life can be a rush in itself!;)

t2thejz
07-08-2003, 09:18 AM
i still find it hard to believe anybody needs either. if you're livin right, especially with the right woman, life can be a rush in itself!;) Thats exactly what I wonder why do people smoke weed. Is it because it's a rush I dont know. I dont because I dont see why people do, I dont smoke because I dont see the point in it

XoPhinsoX
07-08-2003, 05:23 PM
A rush? Mmm, not exactly :yoda:

It just mellows most people out and makes you and your friends come up with interesting convo :lol: :stooges: :infins: .

dolfan06
07-08-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by t2thejz
Thats exactly what I wonder why do people smoke weed. Is it because it's a rush I dont know. I dont because I dont see why people do, I dont smoke because I dont see the point in it watching the surgeon crack your ribs open on a video will stop ya from smokin!;)

PhinPhan1227
07-09-2003, 10:29 AM
A rush? Mmm, not exactly :yoda:

It just mellows most people out and makes you and your friends come up with interesting convo :lol: :stooges: :infins: .

Apparently it also makes you do incredibly stupid $hit like getting a 14 year old kid high. Sorry man, but you've become the poster boy for why people should NOT smoke pot.

XoPhinsoX
07-09-2003, 06:18 PM

Apparently it also makes you do incredibly stupid $hit like getting a 14 year old kid high. Sorry man, but you've become the poster boy for why people should NOT smoke pot.

I didn't do it cause I was "stoonneed" moron :lol: .

I was quite sober actually.

You apparently seem to know so much about something you don't do at all. . .

If tea is your thing, that's ok with me ;\

PhinPhan1227
07-10-2003, 10:08 AM

I didn't do it cause I was &quot;stoonneed&quot; moron :lol: .

I was quite sober actually.

You apparently seem to know so much about something you don't do at all. . .

If tea is your thing, that's ok with me ;\

As I've said before, I have no problem with adults getting high on their own time. So long as they don't drive while they're high, I couldn't care less. The fact that you did that crap with a kid while you were sober however is not something I would advertise if I were you. The bottom line is that it was a stupid, illegal, and immoral thing to do, and until you recognize that fact, you've got a glaring charcter flaw that needs to be addressed. Hey man, I don't know you beyond what you share on this board. You're probably a heck of a guy. But you need to know that what you did was wrong on just about every level, and not at all a joking matter.

Den54
07-10-2003, 12:00 PM

As I've said before, I have no problem with adults getting high on their own time. So long as they don't drive while they're high, I couldn't care less. The fact that you did that crap with a kid while you were sober however is not something I would advertise if I were you. The bottom line is that it was a stupid, illegal, and immoral thing to do, and until you recognize that fact, you've got a glaring charcter flaw that needs to be addressed. Hey man, I don't know you beyond what you share on this board. You're probably a heck of a guy. But you need to know that what you did was wrong on just about every level, and not at all a joking matter.

Agreed.

dolfan06
07-11-2003, 07:29 AM

As I've said before, I have no problem with adults getting high on their own time. why do you need to get high anyway, is your life so bad that you need that outside curricular activity?!:rolleyes:

Den54
07-11-2003, 07:39 AM
why do you need to get high anyway, is your life so bad that you need that outside curricular activity?!:rolleyes:

Why add spices to food? Why ask why?
Do it and acuire a taste for it and it can be enjoyable.

dolfan06
07-11-2003, 07:44 AM

Why add spices to food? that is something i've asked myself for years, salt for instance is made from 2 basic poisons. sodium and chloride!:rolleyes:

Den54
07-11-2003, 08:09 AM
that is something i've asked myself for years, salt for instance is made from 2 basic poisons. sodium and chloride!:rolleyes:

If you look at the bigger picture and examine it from all angles you might be surprised at the choices we make or the laws that we break on a daily basis.

dolfan06
07-11-2003, 08:31 AM

If you look at the bigger picture and examine it from all angles you might be surprised at the choices we make or the laws that we break on a daily basis. i know i break laws, and i have the tickets to prove it! fortunately, most of em won't show up, i'm lucky enough to get one every 2 or 3 years so i can go to traffic school and keep em off my record. i still get safe driver rates on my auto insurance!:D

PhinPhan1227
07-11-2003, 09:00 AM

Why add spices to food? Why ask why?
Do it and acuire a taste for it and it can be enjoyable.

Maybe because I'm a particularly mellow person, the description of pots effects just never appealed to me. Then again, I'm only a moderate drinker as well. What can I say, I'm a generally happy guy who really enjoys his life, and doesn't see the need for artificial additions.

dolfan06
07-11-2003, 09:03 AM

Maybe because I'm a particularly mellow person, the description of pots effects just never appealed to me. Then again, I'm only a moderate drinker as well. What can I say, I'm a generally happy guy who really enjoys his life, and doesn't see the need for artificial additions. glad to see i'm not the only one. about the only real vices i have are swearing and getting down and talking some nasty smack!;)

PhinPhan1227
07-11-2003, 09:57 AM
glad to see i'm not the only one. about the only real vices i have are swearing and getting down and talking some nasty smack!;)

Oh believe me, I have a ton of vices...I just don't like my senses to be too dulled when I enjoy them:evil:

Capt. Dick
07-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Let`s look at it this way....If the world didn`t have such things as alchohol, cocaine, crank...etc...etc....and only had pot, there would probably be no wars, murders...etc....etc.

The top story on CNN would probably be....so-and-so, tripped over a foot stool and broke his arm on the way to the fridge or so-and-so got lost on his way to Wendy`s, but didn`t seem to mind. :D :lol:

Den54
07-11-2003, 02:50 PM

Maybe because I'm a particularly mellow person, the description of pots effects just never appealed to me. Then again, I'm only a moderate drinker as well. What can I say, I'm a generally happy guy who really enjoys his life, and doesn't see the need for artificial additions.

You just contridicted yourself with the moderate drinking and artificial additions remark.

PhinPhan1227
07-11-2003, 04:05 PM

You just contridicted yourself with the moderate drinking and artificial additions remark.

Strictly in social situations or for the taste. Quite honestly in 99% of the situations where I'm drinking I'd be just as happy if the drink had no alcohol in it so long as it retained the taste. If someone bottles amaretto and baileys without alcohol, I'll be happy to save the money. I honestly haven't drank enough to give me more than a VERY light buzz in several years.

dolfan06
07-11-2003, 05:05 PM

Strictly in social situations or for the taste. Quite honestly in 99% of the situations where I'm drinking I'd be just as happy if the drink had no alcohol in it so long as it retained the taste. If someone bottles amaretto and baileys without alcohol, I'll be happy to save the money. I honestly haven't drank enough to give me more than a VERY light buzz in several years. its a different situation 54. when people drink at a social function, if they're there long enough, they might get a buzz. but when people drink because they think that buzz is the hilight of their life, then its a problem!:(

Den54
07-11-2003, 05:08 PM
its a different situation 54. when people drink at a social function, if they're there long enough, they might get a buzz. but when people drink because they think that buzz is the hilight of their life, then its a problem!:(

Well that should go without saying for any vice.

Capt. Dick
07-11-2003, 05:09 PM

Strictly in social situations or for the taste. Quite honestly in 99% of the situations where I'm drinking I'd be just as happy if the drink had no alcohol in it so long as it retained the taste. If someone bottles amaretto and baileys without alcohol, I'll be happy to save the money. I honestly haven't drank enough to give me more than a VERY light buzz in several years.

If you like beer, O`doul`s is a good substitute.

dolfan06
07-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

If you like beer, O`doul`s is a good substitute. not that i'm a connoisseur of panther piss, but thats what i imagine it tastes like!:(

Capt. Dick
07-11-2003, 05:18 PM
not that i'm a connoisseur of panther piss, but thats what i imagine it tastes like!:(

If you never tasted it, you can`t judge. ;)

inFINSible
07-11-2003, 05:46 PM

Some people say, "whoa, I'm getting a buzz...I better stop"
Some people say, "Whoa, I'm getting a buzz...give me another one."
That was the way that addiction was described to me one time.

Soooo....I recommend....O'DWEEDS!!!!

All the taste of the chronic, with out the THC!!!

Roll with O'Dweeds!!!

dolfan06
07-11-2003, 06:50 PM

Some people say, &quot;whoa, I'm getting a buzz...I better stop&quot;
Some people say, &quot;Whoa, I'm getting a buzz...give me another one.&quot;

Roll with O'Dweeds!!! i get a buzz everytime i kiss my wife and i want more, i'm addicted, does that mean i have to do MJ now?:rolleyes:

MOULDSROCKS
07-11-2003, 07:06 PM
lol infin

chappelles show is hilarious

Den54
07-11-2003, 07:20 PM
i get a buzz everytime i kiss my wife and i want more, i'm addicted, does that mean i have to do MJ now?:rolleyes:

How sweet.:rolleyes:

dolfan06
07-11-2003, 07:24 PM
denial: - A conscious or unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.

don't you think you should crawl back under your bed!?!

:D :evil:

dolfan06
07-11-2003, 07:27 PM

How sweet.:rolleyes: hey, my wife is a woman, and they're my favorite people, what can i say!;)

XoPhinsoX
07-13-2003, 10:37 AM

Roll with O'Dweeds!!!

Chapelle Show :lol:

Good stuff.

PhinPhan1227
07-14-2003, 09:46 AM

Roll with O'Dweeds!!!

Actually, I can drink beer in moderation simply because unless it's a 105 degrees outside, I don't like the taste of beer that much. That being said, I've yet to taste a tolerable non-alcoholic beer. In general when I drink, I'll have a mixed drink or two because I like the taste, and because I'm with a group that is also drinking. But again, if someone made something that tasted just like Absolute citron, and went as well with tonic water, I'd be just as happy with a smaller bar tab... :cool:

XoPhinsoX
07-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Ya have to acquire that taste for beer unfortunately ;\

DolFan31
07-16-2003, 10:28 AM
I suggest you all read the Marijuana FAQ (http://www.whspliff.net/FAQindex.html) .Then make up your mind.

XoPhinsoX
07-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Bleh, too much reading for stuff I already know ;p.

I still can't believe they make such a big deal about bud.

You can get oxycontin prescribed. . .

The "legal" heroin. . .

I think it's the whole "smoking" thing around weed, because smoking is look downed upon.

If bud was in a pill form I bet it wouldn't be such a big deal because it would be comparable to Xanax or oxy.

The US suxxOrs ;(.

M-REAL
07-16-2003, 01:34 PM
They already tried to ban alcohol in the 1920's and it didn't work- went underground instead. Just like the drugs now are underground. MJ, well it is alot safer than alcohol is and new scientific proof has emerged telling all there is no long-term ill side effects from puffing on weed. If people want to smoke the stuff, I say let them because everyone has some sort of vice in their life. I have done just about every drug except free-base, injections, or crack. Favorite one? Have to say painkillers. Now I drink an occaisonal beer or shot and smoke Chronic only for championship football games.

Prime Time
07-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Damn we have alot of potheads on this site :lol:. I have never tried it and never will. That sh-it is illegal for one and two it is a waste of money.

Den54
07-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
Damn we have alot of potheads on this site :lol:. I have never tried it and never will. That sh-it is illegal for one and two it is a waste of money.

By your logic then if you have a beer every once and awhile you're an alcoholic.:rolleyes:

DolFan31
07-16-2003, 10:55 PM
Well its your choice if you want to smoke it or not. I just feel that we have been lied to by our goverment about it.I want to know the truth,not propaganda.

dolfan06
07-16-2003, 10:57 PM

By your logic then if you have a beer every once and awhile you're an alcoholic.:rolleyes: i'm not, alcoholics go to those damn meetings!:tongue:

XoPhinsoX
07-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Nah, other way around ;p.

Alchoholics DON'T go to those meetings ;).

They sit around and drink.

I still can't believe this thread has 189 replies :lol:

I expected 15...tops.

dolfan06
07-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Nah, other way around ;p.

Alchoholics DON'T go to those meetings ;).

i just send in the empty bottles and they give me credit!;)

MOULDSROCKS
07-18-2003, 02:05 AM
You'll never learn teh truth from the gov't

you also won't learn it from all your pro-weed links.....

Both sides are extremely biased and stubborn
It makes me laugh.

MOULDSROCKS
07-18-2003, 02:06 AM
but it is a waste of money..... very true.

XoPhinsoX
07-18-2003, 10:59 AM
Depends how you look at the situation I guess..

Overall it's better to grow the ****..which I need to do ;\.

If someone is spending money on their car that is considered a waste of money to a lot of people. If your girlfriend goes out and buys 8 diff pairs of shoes..that's considered a waste of money.

But, the fact that they're spending money on something they enjoy makes it worth it.

XoPhinsoX
07-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Picked up a Miami Dolphin bowl.

Thought I'd share. Thanks ;D

dolfan06
07-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Picked up a Miami Dolphin bowl.

Thought I'd share. Thanks ;D the only problem is, buying shoes doesn't screw up your lungs!:rolleyes:

MOULDSROCKS
07-27-2003, 08:43 PM
You can now smoke the Dolphins just like the Bills did last year and will do this year!

dolfan06
07-27-2003, 08:47 PM
You can now smoke the Dolphins just like the Bills did last year and will do this year!

:lol: you can smoke the bills just like the fins did in 1970 thru 1979!:D

MOULDSROCKS
07-27-2003, 09:02 PM
I don't smoke.

dolfan06
07-27-2003, 10:15 PM
I don't smoke. neither do i, but i love to build fires!

MOULDSROCKS
07-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Smoky the Bear should be our mascot then.

dolfan06
07-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Smoky the Bear should be our mascot then. why not, walking away a bear looks like a buffalo, one big hairy butt!:D

MOULDSROCKS
07-28-2003, 12:27 AM
A Buffalo has a bigger dick than a dolphin.

dolfan06
07-28-2003, 01:43 AM
A Buffalo is a bigger dick than a dolphin. i agree!:rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
07-28-2003, 10:22 AM
A Buffalo has a bigger dick than a dolphin.

Not in proportion to body weight. Besides, if we were going purely by ***** size, Dolphins are only a step down from Blue Whales who have dicks that weogh more than the whole freakin Buffalo!!..:lol:

MOULDSROCKS
07-28-2003, 10:15 PM
But they don't use them on other males....

Barbarian
07-28-2003, 10:59 PM
But they don't use them on other males....

Actually nearly all species have shown that some Males of a species will attempt to mate with another male (sometimes spontainiously and sometimes if prompted by the lack of females)

Bioligists have used this to attempt to prove that Homosexuality is a biological trait rather thn just a social one.

So sorry to say it, but some Buffalo's do use their schlongs on other male buffalos. But probably no more so than dolphins, or whles or any other species.

dolfan06
07-28-2003, 11:45 PM

Not in proportion to body weight. Besides, if we were going purely by ***** size, Dolphins are only a step down from Blue Whales who have dicks that weogh more than the whole freakin Buffalo!!..:lol: besides, if you read up on dolphins, they are the only other mammal besides man, to have sex for the pure pleasure of it. ALRIGHT DOLPHINS!!!;)

MOULDSROCKS
07-29-2003, 01:33 AM
did you not read my article barbarian?

Dolphins are *****, unless they need to reproduce and they create lifelong 'bonds' with other males, not females.... sometimes in groups of 3.

Dolphins are the gayest animal on the planet and that is a FACT!

:p

MOULDSROCKS
07-29-2003, 01:34 AM
besides, if you read up on dolphins, they are the only other mammal besides man, to have sex for the pure pleasure of it. ALRIGHT DOLPHINS!!!;)

With other males

besides
Many species of apes to do, and my neighbors dog does as well...

dolfan06
07-29-2003, 01:37 AM
did you not read my article barbarian?

Dolphins are *****, unless they need to reproduce and they create lifelong 'bonds' with other males, not females.... sometimes in groups of 3.

Dolphins are the gayest animal on the planet and that is a FACT!

:p thats false, when a male dolphin mates with a female, its for life!

dolfan06
07-29-2003, 01:40 AM

With other males

besides
Many species of apes to do, and my neighbors dog does as well... but big hairy buffaloes don't, so sorry! don't know what your missin pal!:tongue:

MOULDSROCKS
07-29-2003, 01:42 AM
thats false, when a male dolphin mates with a female, its for life!

no, that is false! :lol:

Barbarian
07-29-2003, 02:13 AM

no, that is false! :lol:

sorry dude, but your as outclassed in this one as the Buffalo D is against Ricky. ;)

dolfan06
07-29-2003, 08:59 AM

no, that is false! :lol: where in the world do you get your info. when you go to school and open your books what do you do, eat the friggin pages. READ EM!

MOULDSROCKS
07-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Show me a link or something. I did.

Prime Time
08-21-2003, 12:46 AM
This thread just died out :lol:

CirclingWagons
08-21-2003, 02:02 AM
My thoughts on Marijuana are, where can I score some

CirclingWagons
08-21-2003, 02:03 AM
lmao...you know it's the offseason when Buffalo and Miami fans are arguing about their mascots

baccarat
08-21-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by CirclingWagons

This explains the messages in you posts.

:billsbite

CirclingWagons
08-21-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by booyeah_

This explains the messages in you posts.

:billsbite I think drugs explain your sig too...using a fake quote to describe an event which took place in a dolphin blowout loss:lol:

baccarat
08-21-2003, 05:05 PM
I think drugs explain your sig too...using a fake quote to describe an event which took place in a dolphin blowout loss:lol:

Fake quote? He said that in real life. Just ask Muck.

XoPhinsoX
08-24-2003, 09:02 PM

You live in Miami.

Should not be a problem :infins:

Like Bone says - Aint nothing like that Cali green uh-huh or that Miami weed ;).

dolfan06
08-24-2003, 09:11 PM

You live in Miami.

Should not be a problem :infins:

Like Bone says - Aint nothing like that Cali green uh-huh or that Miami weed ;). they say temecula california is the growers capital of the us, but i work there and i sure haven't seen it. of course i don't look for it either!:rolleyes:

dolfan06
08-24-2003, 09:21 PM
they say temecula california is the growers capital of the us, but i work there and i sure haven't seen it. of course i don't look for it either!:rolleyes: i usually stay with a nice glass of cold water or when its real hot, bud light is a nice change of pace!;)

wonderl33t
08-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Drugs are not a great thing, but legalize pot, it would save the state TONS of $$$ on the war on drugs (which is not winnable anyhow).

Barbarian
08-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by wonderl33t
Drugs are not a great thing, but legalize pot, it would save the state TONS of $$$ on the war on drugs (which is not winnable anyhow).

Not to mention the revenues from taxing the hell out of it.

The states could make a killing out of it.

XoPhinsoX
08-26-2003, 10:00 PM
They could help IRAQ a lot more with the money I could spend on bud ;D.

dolfan06
08-26-2003, 10:22 PM
"If you take the Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain."

in 2000 years, it has rained a lot, yet the bible is remembered by many!
:tongue:

Barbarian
08-27-2003, 12:37 AM

in 2000 years, it has rained a lot, yet the bible is remembered by many!
:tongue:

They keep it indoors, lets see if it lasts as long as nature has.... 2000 years and a bunch of revisions down... only a few million to go. ;)

dolfan06
08-27-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian

They keep it indoors, lets see if it lasts as long as nature has.... 2000 years and a bunch of revisions down... only a few million to go. ;) it will last longer than nature, how about an eternity! the earth won't last another 2000!;)

Barbarian
08-27-2003, 01:02 AM
it will last longer than nature, how about an eternity! the earth won't last another 2000!;)

your entitled to that opinion... I just happen to disagree with it. :D

Barbarian
08-27-2003, 01:03 AM
it will last longer than nature, how about an eternity! the earth won't last another 2000!;)

oh... and if thats the case, I'm guessing the pages must be laminated or something? :goof:

dolfan06
08-27-2003, 01:25 AM

oh... and if thats the case, I'm guessing the pages must be laminated or something? :goof: doesn't make much difference what happens to paper, i know whats gonna happen to me, and you better hope you're right about whats gonna happen to you, you're in for a rude awakening!:tongue:

Barbarian
08-27-2003, 01:28 AM
doesn't make much difference what happens to paper, i know whats gonna happen to me, and you better hope you're right about whats gonna happen to you, you're in for a rude awakening!:tongue:

I'll try to remember this conversation in our next life so i cn rub it in. ;) :tongue:

dolfan06
08-27-2003, 06:41 AM

I'll try to remember this conversation in our next life so i cn rub it in. ;) :tongue: now there's something thats not gonna happen!:tongue:

Den54
08-27-2003, 07:20 AM
doesn't make much difference what happens to paper, i know whats gonna happen to me, and you better hope you're right about whats gonna happen to you, you're in for a rude awakening!:tongue:

Oh really. Please tell us all here what you KNOW.

dolfan06
08-27-2003, 11:23 PM

Oh really. Please tell us all here what you KNOW. thats easy, the most used quote in the bible, JOHN 3:16!

Barbarian
08-28-2003, 02:59 AM
thats easy, the most used quote in the bible, JOHN 3:16!

and your proof that it's true is?

oh yeah...thats right Faith.

You believe it to be true, you don't know it to be true.

There is a differance.

dolfan06
08-28-2003, 08:14 AM

and your proof that it's true is?

oh yeah...thats right Faith.

You believe it to be true, you don't know it to be true.

There is a differance. GOD said it, i believe it and that settles it!:tongue: ;)

PhinPhan1227
08-28-2003, 09:03 AM
Actually...you believe God said it, and therefore it's true...to you...sorry to be picky.

Den54
08-28-2003, 12:37 PM
Actually...you believe God said it, and therefore it's true...to you...sorry to be picky.

No need to say you're sorry. Dolfan06 throws his BELIEFS around as knowledge in a condesending fashion. Someone quoting God as if he heard it first hand is pretty amusing when you think about.

PhinPhan1227
08-28-2003, 12:50 PM

No need to say you're sorry. Dolfan06 throws his BELIEFS around as knowledge in a condesending fashion. Someone quoting God as if he heard it first hand is pretty amusing when you think about.

What...God doesn't talk to you? He talks to me all the time...no he doesn't...YES HE DOES...SHUT UP!! Both of you!!!

On a related note...the movie Frailty was COOL!!

Barbarian
08-28-2003, 07:55 PM

What...God doesn't talk to you? He talks to me all the time...no he doesn't...YES HE DOES...SHUT UP!! Both of you!!!

On a related note...the movie Frailty was COOL!!

:lol: :up: :spit:

dolfan06
08-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Actually...you believe God said it, and therefore it's true...to you...sorry to be picky. gee, i must tell the 14000 members of our church, they believe also!:tongue:

dolfan06
08-28-2003, 10:42 PM

No need to say you're sorry. Dolfan06 throws his BELIEFS around as knowledge in a condesending fashion. Someone quoting God as if he heard it first hand is pretty amusing when you think about. oh, you think believing in God is amusing. let me alert the media!

PhinPhan1227
08-29-2003, 09:32 AM
gee, i must tell the 14000 members of our church, they believe also!:tongue:

Let me preface my comment with the statement that I'm a Christian(Christian/agnostic to be exact). Having said that, about a billion people believe that Allah is the final word, and that Jesus was just a prophet, not the son of God. Further, another billion people or so believe that Siddhartha Gautama was the manifestation of God. Tack on another billion for Hindi. If you think that religion is a democratic institution and that truth is found in numbers, I'm afraid you're going to be outvoted.

Den54
08-29-2003, 12:24 PM

Let me preface my comment with the statement that I'm a Christian(Christian/agnostic to be exact). Having said that, about a billion people believe that Allah is the final word, and that Jesus was just a prophet, not the son of God. Further, another billion people or so believe that Siddhartha Gautama was the manifestation of God. Tack on another billion for Hindi. If you think that religion is a democratic institution and that truth is found in numbers, I'm afraid you're going to be outvoted.

I hear ya man. Its a pretty weak argument.

PhinPhan1227
08-29-2003, 01:05 PM

I hear ya man. Its a pretty weak argument.

Quite honestly, ALL religious arguments are weak arguments. That's why it's called faith. If you could rationally argue faith it wouldn't NEED to be faith. It's the ultimate circular logic. If I say that I believe in God because I find sunsets beautiful that doesn't have to make sense to anybody but me. If I say that the vast majority of the Bible is the transcribed word of God it's because that's what I believe. There is no proof, there is no rationale. Heck, just look up the Babble Fish argument from Robert Adams Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's one of the best metaphysical arguments ever put forward, and it's darned funny to boot!...:D

Den54
08-29-2003, 02:04 PM

Quite honestly, ALL religious arguments are weak arguments. That's why it's called faith. If you could rationally argue faith it wouldn't NEED to be faith. It's the ultimate circular logic. If I say that I believe in God because I find sunsets beautiful that doesn't have to make sense to anybody but me. If I say that the vast majority of the Bible is the transcribed word of God it's because that's what I believe. There is no proof, there is no rationale. Heck, just look up the Babble Fish argument from Robert Adams Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's one of the best metaphysical arguments ever put forward, and it's darned funny to boot!...:D

I'm somewhat of a simple man.
So you'll understand when I say yup.:D