PDA

View Full Version : Jared Zabransky Hooks And Ladders His Way To Ea

Boston
03-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Latest gig for ‘Z' — cover model

By Mike Prater and Brian Murphy - Idaho Statesman

Edition Date: 03/01/07

Boise State is in the game — and on its cover, too. Former Bronco quarterback Jared Zabransky will grace the cover of the immensely popular EA Sports NCAA Football 2008 video game, according to a Boise State athletic department official.
"It's extremely big for us as an athletic department. It crosses generations by touching kids and adults ... It's an incredible marketing opportunity,'' said Brad Larrondo, who is the Broncos' senior assistant athletic director for promotions and marketing.
EA Sports will make an official announcement Friday in Orlando, Fla., during an ESPN The Weekend event at Walt Disney World.
Zabransky declined comment Wednesday evening, preferring to wait until Friday to speak publicly.
BSU has already seen and approved the artwork for the Zabransky cover, Larrondo said.
"The Fiesta Bowl victory was a key to it all, and he was the quarterback behind the fairy-tale story,'' Larrondo said.
EA Sports NCAA Football 2008 will be released later this year, likely in July. More than 2.2 million copies of the video game were sold last season on various game consoles, making it the fourth-highest selling video game last year, according to Next Generation, an interactive entertainment Web site.
Former USC running back and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush was on last year's cover. Other notable players on past covers include Heisman Trophy winners Carson Palmer, Ricky Williams, Charles Woodson and Danny Wuerffel.
Zabransky will be the first non-BCS conference player tobe on the cover of the popular series with the catchy advertising slogan — "If it's in the game, it's in the game."
Larrondo said BSU gets more royalty money from EA Sports than any other licensee. Last year, the school received $78,551 from EA Sports, he said. Boise State receives the money because the football team, like all Division I-A and I-AA teams, is part of the game.
Nike was the No. 2 provider of royalty money to BSU last year, giving the Broncos $47,500.
The EA Sports news comes one day after Boise State announced a film deal to tell the story of the 2006 undefeated season and the 2007 Fiesta Bowl victory. Three Boise-based filmmakers hope to use a documentary to develop story ideas for a movie, which could generate a rights fee for BSU between $250,000 and $750,000.
Work begins Monday on the documentary, and it could be released this fall.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Get Up And Go
03-02-2007, 10:26 AM
No gators, come on. Florida wasn't supposed to beat the mighty OSU but we wrecked em. We were a team of destiny.

Anyway, Good for BSU. They deserve it.

Motion
03-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Boooooo Shoulda been Leak.

However, I can't wait to run the Hook and Ladder play. :D

AirFishOne
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
:rolleyes: they are just milking this for all its worth i guess

HysterikiLL
03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
wow....this would go in the "that's a pretty stupid choice" bin. Seriously, you have Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Brady Quinn -- three players who certainly have the potential to become three of the most marketable players in the game of football, and they pick Zabransky? WTF?

HysterikiLL
03-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Boise State is in the game — and on its cover, too. Former Bronco quarterback Jared Zabransky will grace the cover of the immensely popular EA Sports NCAA Football 2008 video game, according to a Boise State athletic department official.
"It's extremely big for us as an athletic department. It crosses generations by touching kids and adults ... It's an incredible marketing opportunity,'' said Brad Larrondo, who is the Broncos' senior assistant athletic director for promotions and marketing.

..Ew.

Stitches
03-02-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm with HysterKill on this one. The only reason i could see choosing Zabransky over the other 3, is because of how much cheaper he would be to sign.

Boston
03-02-2007, 07:13 PM
you want quinn who whenever against a good defense chokes? Didn the same broncos let AD get only 70 yards? 25 on one play. Zabransky could have packed up his bags after the pick six, but he did not. He deserved this damnit.

xDOLPHINSx
03-02-2007, 09:49 PM
no he doesnt deserve it, he had one game. Congrats. He will be a dud in the NFL.

Boston
03-02-2007, 11:05 PM
He was 32-5, with three of those loses coming off a tuff year. And who the hell are you to say who is going to be a dud or not? You're not, you don't say anyone is going to be a dud until they reach the nfl.

Motion
03-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Eric Crouch 2

Word is he'll get a shot at Safety.

Boston
03-03-2007, 11:16 PM
And just like Eric Crouch the NFL is so dumb, to think a QB HAS!!!! to be a certain size. No, if you can make decisions, have a arm, leg, pocket pressence. YOU SHOULD GET A CHANCE! Stop trying to change gays positions, they have played QB there whole life, and now when they are 22-23 you are trying to make them switch????? HAVE THEM PLAY THEIR GAME HOW THEY WANT!

Rafiki
03-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I hear something...

It sounds like... haters. :lol:

It's also the same people who knew for a fact that Boise State would get whooped by Oklahoma, too. Wow, what a coincidence.

Stitches
03-04-2007, 12:14 AM
And just like Eric Crouch the NFL is so dumb, to think a QB HAS!!!! to be a certain size. No, if you can make decisions, have a arm, leg, pocket pressence. YOU SHOULD GET A CHANCE! Stop trying to change gays positions, they have played QB there whole life, and now when they are 22-23 you are trying to make them switch????? HAVE THEM PLAY THEIR GAME HOW THEY WANT!

Matt Jones, Hines Ward, Antwan Randle El, and a WR on the raiders who was quarterback at UNC I think. QBs get switched positions, it happens. Quit thinking just because you like a player and he does ok in college that means he can do well in the NFL.

Boston
03-04-2007, 01:33 AM
It has nothing to do if i like him. It's i've watched him and he has done far better than OK. And who are you to say he wont do good in the NFL? Ever watch him, play in the NFL oh thats right he isn't there yet. So leave the judgement until he suits up.

Motion
03-05-2007, 01:46 PM
I hear something...

It sounds like... haters. :lol:

It's also the same people who knew for a fact that Boise State would get whooped by Oklahoma, too. Wow, what a coincidence.

One has nothing to do with the other.

I for one, had a good feeling BSU would win, stated it in the college forum well before the game. I thought OU was way overrated last season.

Motion
03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
It has nothing to do if i like him. It's i've watched him and he has done far better than OK. And who are you to say he wont do good in the NFL? Ever watch him, play in the NFL oh thats right he isn't there yet. So leave the judgement until he suits up.

:lol: Riiight

The same could be said for both sides of the arguement.

He got the cover, end of story. Whats the point in getting so excited about it? Relax man.

xDOLPHINSx
03-05-2007, 02:27 PM
So a good record in college football directly relates to being a good NFL player? I'll be sure to relay that message to Mueller. :wink:

You really need to chill out tho. You obviously have ur opinion about the guy, and i have mine. He probably wont play QB at the next level, but personally I dont see him doin much of anything. We shall see.

Boston
03-06-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm not mad about him not playing at the next level, it's the fact that he might not even get the chance to.