PDA

View Full Version : The Old Guy Strikes First!

Kinzua
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
:hail: Marv Levy may be an old guy, but he's fast on the draw!!! Lightning fast.

Before most folks in the US finished their breakfast, the Bills signed their first of three OL free agents! Before most people in the US had finished their dinners (except for all those retirees in South Florida who eat dinner at 4 PM), the Bills completed their OL coup with the signing of premier FA LG Derrick Dockery, formerly of the Washington Redskins! :clap:

Three upgrades on the OL in less than 24 hours! :up:

Like fine wine,"Quicksilver" Marv's gotten better with age! :bravo:

YEEEEEE HAAAWWWWW!!!! :D

like2god
03-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah, ridiculously overpaying for Dockery, congrats on that.

I guess the old guy's eyes accidently allowed him to put too many zeros on that contract. :lol:

TotoreMexico
03-02-2007, 09:53 PM

I guess the old guy's eyes accidently allowed him to put too many zeros on that contract. :lol:

LOL

Not to mention they consider an "upgrade" a guy who was on the faiders o-line:sidelol:

GoBills24
03-03-2007, 12:00 AM

Ummm, the cap is inflated by about 30%.

That means contracts will be inflated as well.

Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

The Confessor
03-03-2007, 12:14 AM

Yeah, it also doesnt take a genius to figure out that the Jills got took...:lol:

You consider an outcast from the vaunted skins Frontline a Free Agent steal?:sidelol:

BTW: Sounds pretty good. You lose Roman Fletcher and Clements and get dockery:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

like2god
03-03-2007, 01:09 AM

Umm......does the inflated cap make Dockery's talent level inflate by 30% also or did your team make a boo boo?

It's understandable that the Bills had to overpay, nobody wants to play in Buffalo unless the can back up the Brinks truck. And even then they don't want to go. :lol:

like2god
03-03-2007, 02:18 AM
Another thing, GoBills and Kinzua.

Dockery's signing will mean absolutely nothing if your team can't hold onto it's best players. Clements is gone:bye:, Fletcher is on his way out :wave:, McGahee is on the block for some reason :eek: and Spikes is being shopped :up:. All of that tells me that the Buffalo ownership either isn't serious about fielding a competitive team or else they aren't planning to stick around Buffalo for much longer. :www:

Oh well, at least you guys can go to the Ralph and watch the LA Bills on your brand spankin new HD screen. :lol:

muscle979
03-03-2007, 10:13 AM
When you're as old as Marv you can't afford to put anything off, even for a day. What is he pushing 90 now?

The Confessor
03-03-2007, 10:19 AM
When you're as old as Marv you can't afford to put anything off, even for a day. What is he pushing 90 now?

I think he was pushing ninety way back when he was losing all those superbowls actually...

Kinzua
03-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Another thing, GoBills and Kinzua.

Dockery's signing will mean absolutely nothing if your team can't hold onto it's best players. Clements is gone:bye:, Fletcher is on his way out :wave:, McGahee is on the block for some reason :eek: and Spikes is being shopped :up:. All of that tells me that the Buffalo ownership either isn't serious about fielding a competitive team or else they aren't planning to stick around Buffalo for much longer. :www:

Oh well, at least you guys can go to the Ralph and watch the LA Bills on your brand spankin new HD screen. :lol:

Didn't your mama tell you that jealousy is unbecoming? :lol:

First off, the Bills play the cover2 defensive scheme used by teams like Tampa, Chicago, and Indy. In the cover2 scheme, CBs are much less important than Ss, which is why the Bills drafted 2 top safeties last season. A good pass rush also makes any decent CB better, especially in the cover2. For Buffalo, DE Chris Kelsay was worth $5-6 million a year but CB Nate Clements wasn't worth $10 million a year.

Second, the cover2 requires fast, attacking LBs who make tackles at or behind the LOS and who can also cover receivers. London Fletcher is 32, and he's more of a "flow" LB who makes tackles beyond the LOS. He really isn't a cover2 MLB.

As for Takeo, I think that Takeo may want to leave, and he may not be recovered from his Achilles tendon injury. The Bills have some good young LBs like Crowell and Ellison who stepped up last year and who are more cover2 type LBs.

I think that the clamor for Willis to live comes more from fans who didn't like his Penthouse interview than from the Bills or even Willis. Willis won't go unless the Bills get their price for him. :D

The Confessor
03-03-2007, 12:21 PM

First off, the Bills play the cover2 defensive scheme used by teams like Tampa, Chicago, and Indy. In the cover2 scheme, CBs are much less important than Ss, which is why the Bills drafted 2 top safeties last season. A good pass rush also makes any decent CB better, especially in the cover2. For Buffalo, DE Chris Kelsay was worth $5-6 million a year but CB Nate Clements wasn't worth $10 million a year.

Second, the cover2 requires fast, attacking LBs who make tackles at or behind the LOS and who can also cover receivers. London Fletcher is 32, and he's more of a "flow" LB who makes tackles beyond the LOS. He really isn't a cover2 MLB.

You mean the cover 2 that the phins pretty much defined when we had Surtain and Madison at CB:goof: ....

Actually, what you need for a cover 2 is a pair of shutdown corners...of which you now have NONE...

like2god
03-03-2007, 12:49 PM

As for Takeo, I think that Takeo may want to leave, and he may not be recovered from his Achilles tendon injury. The Bills have some good young LBs like Crowell and Ellison who stepped up last year and who are more cover2 type LBs.

I think that the clamor for Willis to live comes more from fans who didn't like his Penthouse interview than from the Bills or even Willis. Willis won't go unless the Bills get their price for him. :D
To let Clements leave without receiving compensation is mind boggling. The guy was in demand and scored himself a ridiculous contract that he really didn't deserve. So there is no doubt in my mind that the Bills could have at the very least picked up a 2nd rounder pick for him. I can understand the thought process with Fletcher and wanting to find someone that better fits the system. Spikes can be a very dynamic player when healthy, he can be one of the best LB's in the NFL when he is at the top of his game. He had an off year last year (missed most of the year before) and you are facing the same situation with him that the Phins are facing with Ricky, the player is more valuable to you than he is to another team. You won't get equal value in return and you would be better off keeping him instead of trying to unload him.

And losing McGahee will be a big blow, he is still a very young and productive back in this league. You can spin it anyway you want and blame the rumors on the uptight fans or the overactive imaginations of sports writers, but there seems to be some truth behind these "rumors". I think the Bills are trying to get something for a player that obviously doesn't want to be in Buffalo. It's sad really, they have a good young nucleus that could get them into the playoffs with additions like Dockery etc, but without them the overspending on Dockery doesn't make much sense.

I guess that would put Lee Evans next on the chopping block. :lol:

Advantage: Phins

:cooldude:

GoBills24
03-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Advantage: Phins

In what way?

We were already a better team than you last year, and we just drastically improved our offensive line.

Would you argue that Mike Gandy is better than Dockery? Or how about is Pennington better than Walker, who BTW, played on one of the worst offenses in the NFL last season.

And even then, he still held his own. He's young, and McNally will get the best of him this off-season.

Advantage Phins? Don't think so...

Justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 02:28 PM
And losing McGahee will be a big blow, he is still a very young and productive back in this league.
Losing a 900 yd rb will be a big blow? :sidelol:

Even Ronnie Brown surpassed that. Man that's stupid. Look around the league. 1,000 rbs are a dime a dozen. DUH!!

Justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 02:32 PM
In what way?

We were already a better team than you last year, and we just drastically improved our offensive line.

Would you argue that Mike Gandy is better than Dockery? Or how about is Pennington better than Walker, who BTW, played on one of the worst offenses in the NFL last season.

And even then, he still held his own. He's young, and McNally will get the best of him this off-season.

They don't have a qb. None of their OL left is even better than our back ups. They don't have a no. 1 wr.

I'm woriried about Wicky's return though. So. Fla might be out of weed. :lol:

They still have boolarkey :sidelol:

Only a homer would think the fins have an advantage. Take a look at the main board and you can see that majority of the threads are filed with tears. :lol:

like2god
03-03-2007, 02:56 PM
In what way?

Let me ask you a question my ignorant homer friend, do you really think that Dockery deserved anything even remotely close to Hutchinson money?

Don't give me that crap about the cap being inflated by 30%, that has nothing to do with overpaying for Dockery. The simple fact is that the Bills wanted him and needed to throw an obscene amount of money at him to get him to sign on the dotted line. He isn't worth that contract and you know it. But you Bills fans (some of whom were touting Levy's "build through the draft" approach) ignore that fact and say "well at least we fixed our OL". What happened to not spending money on FA's? :hmmm:

As far as being the better team, you better start paying attention to the players that are walking out the door. Bye bye Clements and Fletcher, say hello to some more overpayed players. :lol: Maybe good ol Marv can give Sammy Morris Edgerin James money to replace McGahee. :lol:

like2god
03-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Losing a 900 yd rb will be a big blow? :sidelol:

Even Ronnie Brown surpassed that. Man that's stupid. Look around the league. 1,000 rbs are a dime a dozen. DUH!!
Speaking of stupid, weren't you Bills fans claiming earlier this season that McGahee was the best young RB in the AFC east? Now he is nothing more than a 900 yd chump? I think John Kerry and Al Gore have a place for you flip floppers in their camp. :lol:

McGahee suffered through some injuries last year and missed some time and STILL put up respectable numbers. And you just want to toss him away because he confirmed for everybody else that Buffalo is indeed the sh*tpit of NY state. Good for you, maybe they will make you GM someday when Marv stops breathing. That could be anyday now. :lol:

Only a homer would think the fins have an advantage. Take a look at the main board and you can see that majority of the threads are filed with tears. :lol:
Let them b!tch and moan, who cares. I don't.

like2god
03-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Speaking of stupid.

None of their OL left is even better than our back ups.
The Phins are getting rid of the dead weight. Maybe the Bills will take note and realize that addition by subtraction only works if the players are too old and not worth the money, instead of getting rid of the nucleus of the team like they are in the process of doing. :lol:

Justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Speaking of stupid, weren't you Bills fans claiming earlier this season that McGahee was the best young RB in the AFC east? Now he is nothing more than a 900 yd chump? I think John Kerry and Al Gore have a place for you flip floppers in their camp. :lol:

McGahee suffered through some injuries last year and missed some time and STILL put up respectable numbers. And you just want to toss him away because he confirmed for everybody else that Buffalo is indeed the sh*tpit of NY state. Good for you, maybe they will make you GM someday when Marv stops breathing. That could be anyday now. :lol:

Let them b!tch and moan, who cares. I don't.No I didn't say Willis was the best in the AFCE.

McGahee suffered through injuries as did Brown and yet brown put up better nos. I lost faith in Willis 3/4 into last season. gave up on him as a bill . Did he have potential prior to last season? Definitely. Does he still have that potential, definitely but he's obviously not a fit on the bills. time to move on.

Besides, I wasn't talking about Willis' talent. He has talent and most likely will succeed somewhere else but not with the bills. I was talking about his production that can easily be achieved by a lot of rbs in the league.

He's easily replaceable. Hell you want to trade Willis for Brown straight up? I'll take it.

Justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Speaking of stupid.

The Phins are getting rid of the dead weight. Maybe the Bills will take note and realize that addition by subtraction only works if the players are too old and not worth the money, instead of getting rid of the nucleus of the team like they are in the process of doing. :lol:

haha! You're dumber than I thought. You're telling us that Marv should take notes from a team that scored a total of six pts. against his bills? :sidelol:

You're accusing me of talking crap about Willis when you are now calling those players of yours dead weight? Only a few years ago, Jeno James was your biggest FA signing.

Those dead weights are better than what you've got right now. You haven't even replaced those dead wieghts yet.

Your nucleus in Zach and JT ended up being last place in the division. DUH!!!!!!!!!!! :sidelol:

Until the fins stop being the AFCE's b!tch, you shouldn't go around telling teams in the division to take notes of your turd of a team. :lol:

like2god
03-03-2007, 09:16 PM
haha! You're dumber than I thought. You're telling us that Marv should take notes from a team that scored a total of six pts. against his bills? :sidelol:

You're accusing me of talking crap about Willis when you are now calling those players of yours dead weight? Only a few years ago, Jeno James was your biggest FA signing.

Those dead weights are better than what you've got right now. You haven't even replaced those dead wieghts yet.

Your nucleus in Zach and JT ended up being last place in the division. DUH!!!!!!!!!!! :sidelol:

Until the fins stop being the AFCE's b!tch, you shouldn't go around telling teams in the division to take notes of your turd of a team. :lol:

Why do I get the feeling that Bills fans would be doing backflips over a 2-14 season where their only 2 wins came against the Phins? Lets be honest here Corky, the Bills only won 1 more game than the Phins and you are acting like your team is Superbowl bound. Time to get a grip on reality junior. :lol:

Second, I find it highly amusing that a douchebag that dresses up in greaser gear to recreate those famous scenes with John Travolta would have the nerve to call anybody dumb. I guess all of that dippity doo and hair spray has had a negative effect on your brain. :lol:

Third, yes those players are dead weight. High salaried players that aren't making plays are considered dead weight. And that is what the Phins have done. Bye bye Bennie Anderson, Seth McKinney, Jeno James, and the rest, that money can be spent elsewhere. The Bills on the otherhand are getting rid of very productive players and didn't receive anything in return for Clements. Then they overpay for Dockery who is a nice player, but not anywhere near worthy of that contract. See the difference? So yes Marv should listen up and take some notes before he rids the team of Schobel and Evans in favor of more overpayed talent. Not that I would care.

Enforcerfin33
03-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Why do I get the feeling that Bills fans would be doing backflips over a 2-14 season where their only 2 wins came against the Phins? Lets be honest here Corky, the Bills only won 1 more game than the Phins and you are acting like your team is Superbowl bound. Time to get a grip on reality junior. :lol:

Second, I find it highly amusing that a douchebag that dresses up in greaser gear to recreate those famous scenes with John Travolta would have the nerve to call anybody dumb. I guess all of that dippity doo and hair spray has had a negative effect on your brain. :lol:

Third, yes those players are dead weight. High salaried players that aren't making plays are considered dead weight. And that is what the Phins have done. Bye bye Bennie Anderson, Seth McKinney, Jeno James, and the rest, that money can be spent elsewhere. The Bills on the otherhand are getting rid of very productive players and didn't receive anything in return for Clements. Then they overpay for Dockery who is a nice player, but not anywhere near worthy of that contract. See the difference? So yes Marv should listen up and take some notes before he rids the team of Schobel and Evans in favor of more overpayed talent. Not that I would care.
Spoken like a true...god...:D

buckwilde
03-03-2007, 11:52 PM

Sorry silly bull dyke....the Jills still suck and have "0" SB wins....call on Marv, call on OJ....even drunkace Jim (#12) if you like...either way....you suck that snatch and the jills still suck that ace!!:lol: :lol:

Justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 09:07 AM

what has cameron done as a HC?NOTHING. Right now Saban is a better coach than Cam until he shows something. It's idiotis for anonye to say that Marv should take notes from Cameron. If you can't see the stupidity in that statement, well you are stupid. :lol:

McGahee runs for 900 yds + bad work ethic + bad attitude but he's not dead weight compared to the players you cut? :lol: DUH!!!!!

Face reality, the fins are gonna suck for years to come. Cam will realize he's in over his head now that he doesn't have the chargers OL and players.

Be patient finsfans. There's still the june 1 cuts . There are no deadweights in that group. Maybe you'll find players there like.....Jeno James and rehire him :sidelol:

B-lo
03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
WOW !! L2G, I thought you were truly a knowledgable football fan, but after reading these posts , your NO better than the rest of the HOMER'S around here!! Letting the nucleus of our team go?:sidelol: Clements is a good player who was not worth the $ to us. We will need to find someone to play his spot. Kiwaki Thomas (maybe). Area of concern IMO.

Fletcher=leading tackler , getting towards the end of his career. We have a couple of young guys who can maybe , maybe fill his shoes, we hope.

Spikes = was Awesome!! getting towards the end also, with his injury he probably is done. Very ineffective last tear after cominmg back. There's a guy named Dan you might want to ask if ANYBODY can come back from that injury. (NOT)!!! Never be the same player he was. We will address these areas in the draft, and w/players we already have. We are getting YOUNGER and better! Are nucleus is the young talented guys we still have... BTW, Who is your nucleus J.T. and Zach!!:lol:

Kinzua
03-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Let me ask you a question my ignorant homer friend, do you really think that Dockery deserved anything even remotely close to Hutchinson money?

Don't give me that crap about the cap being inflated by 30%, that has nothing to do with overpaying for Dockery. The simple fact is that the Bills wanted him and needed to throw an obscene amount of money at him to get him to sign on the dotted line. He isn't worth that contract and you know it. But you Bills fans (some of whom were touting Levy's "build through the draft" approach) ignore that fact and say "well at least we fixed our OL". What happened to not spending money on FA's? :hmmm:

As far as being the better team, you better start paying attention to the players that are walking out the door. Bye bye Clements and Fletcher, say hello to some more overpayed players. :lol: Maybe good ol Marv can give Sammy Morris Edgerin James money to replace McGahee. :lol:

Dockery is all of 26 years old. He's started in 63 games of the Redskins 64 games since his rookie season, and the Redskins have been among the top ten rushing teams for the last two years. Add size and athleticism to his durability, attitude, and good footwork ... definitely worth $7 million a year, especially since he'll be in the Bills' fold for 7 years, which could be a bargain basement price in 3 more years, but who knows? He'll make C Melvin Fowler better, and paired up with LT Jason Peters ... priceless! :bighug:

Don't worry about the Bills building through the draft, L2G. Watch 'em load up on D players early in the draft. They went OL in free agency because it generally takes a couple o f years to develop OL players, and a lot of the high choices bust (Mike Williams, Robert Gallery, Leon Davis).

I think Marv would make a great poker player because he's the master of not giving anything away ... and diverting attention from what the Bills are really doing. The Bills did it last year in the draft and this year in free agency ... and maybe in the upcoming draft as well. Notice that all this speculation about Willis isn't coming from One Bills Drive. Hmmm ... :up:

Capt. Dick
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Dockery is all of 26 years old. He's started in 63 games of the Redskins 64 games since his rookie season, and the Redskins have been among the top ten rushing teams for the last two years. Add size and athleticism to his durability, attitude, and good footwork ... definitely worth $7 million a year, especially since he'll be in the Bills' fold for 7 years, which could be a bargain basement price in 3 more years, but who knows? He'll make C Melvin Fowler better, and paired up with LT Jason Peters ... priceless! :bighug:

Don't worry about the Bills building through the draft, L2G. Watch 'em load up on D players early in the draft. They went OL in free agency because it generally takes a couple o f years to develop OL players, and a lot of the high choices bust (Mike Williams, Robert Gallery, Leon Davis).

I think Marv would make a great poker player because he's the master of not giving anything away ... and diverting attention from what the Bills are really doing. The Bills did it last year in the draft and this year in free agency ... and maybe in the upcoming draft as well. Notice that all this speculation about Willis isn't coming from One Bills Drive. Hmmm ... :up:

Impossible...that would involve having to sit upright.

Kinzua
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Impossible...that would involve having to sit upright.

Don't judge all old guys by your decrepit self!!! :evil:

DolfanTom
03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
:hail: Marv Levy may be an old guy, but he's fast on the draw!!! Lightning fast.

Before most folks in the US finished their breakfast, the Bills signed their first of three OL free agents! Before most people in the US had finished their dinners (except for all those retirees in South Florida who eat dinner at 4 PM), the Bills completed their OL coup with the signing of premier FA LG Derrick Dockery, formerly of the Washington Redskins! :clap:

YEEEEEE HAAAWWWWW!!!! :DYeah, but why not be even quicker and have signed Clements before he was free!!

How in the hell do you let the leagues next great corner (perhaps its best!) go, when you have all that cap room???? :confused::confused: What, he didn't produce enough for you? :rolleyes2

B-lo
03-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, but why not be even quicker and have signed Clements before he was free!!

How in the hell do you let the leagues next great corner (perhaps its best!) go, when you have all that cap room???? :confused::confused: What, he didn't produce enough for you? :rolleyes2Dolphag fans see how great he is , because he plays his best against you. He is a great corner , I would loved to keep him, but not for that much many. When he plays physical he is great, but he has gone through times where he shy's away from contact and has gotten beat badly several times in 1 game. He has played inconsistently against other teams excepty the Dolphins. He owns you guys!

:lol:

DolfanTom
03-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Dolphag fans see how great he is , because he plays his best against you. He is a great corner , I would loved to keep him, but not for that much many. When he plays physical he is great, but he has gone through times where he shy's away from contact and has gotten beat badly several times in 1 game. He has played inconsistently against other teams excepty the Dolphins. He owns you guys!

:lol:Yes, he's amazing against us. He's also gotten better each year. Nobody you have - nor anyone you draft - will fill his shoes! That's my point.

It's not like you don't have the $$$

Just the fact that this division has a QB like Brady, you would think that quality corners would be a big-time priority!

Enforcerfin33
03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Dolphag fans see how great he is , because he plays his best against you. He is a great corner , I would loved to keep him, but not for that much many. When he plays physical he is great, but he has gone through times where he shy's away from contact and has gotten beat badly several times in 1 game. He has played inconsistently against other teams excepty the Dolphins. He owns you guys!

And now if he plays The Bills he will own them too....

Mike13
03-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Isn't it funny how they call us homers when they are being foulmouthed homers themselves?

INPHINITY
03-05-2007, 09:43 PM

YEEEEEE HAAAWWWWW!!!! :D Hey look who the Bovine's signed!!, look who the Bovine's signed!! God you have to be the queerest person ever.:sidelol: :sidelol:

TotoreMexico
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM

Questionable free-agent signings

Derrick Dockery, G, Bills/Eric Steinbach, G, Browns: I'll be the first to admit I can not evaluate offensive guard play, but I do know the Vikings' acquisition of guard Steve Hutchinson for record money barely improved their rushing offense. I doubt Dockery and Steinbach will have a great impact either.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2007/03/questionable-free-agent-signings.html

:www:

Capt. Dick
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Don't judge all old guys by your decrepit self!!! :evil:
If you imagine that I`m old and decrepit, then you`re REALLY full of B-lo!

Mike13
03-06-2007, 01:10 PM
If you imagine that I`m old and decrepit, then you`re REALLY full of B-lo!

I'm guessing it has athing for old guys.

It sure does love Marv levy.

Capt. Dick
03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm guessing it has athing for old guys.

It sure does love Marv levy.No doubt!

gillderais
03-10-2007, 06:43 AM

http://i22.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/b7/57/93_1_b.JPG

Enforcerfin33
03-10-2007, 01:10 PM
The ONLY thing that Levy has done with age is smell worse and win less.:lol:

Kinzua
03-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Questionable free-agent signings

Derrick Dockery, G, Bills/Eric Steinbach, G, Browns: I'll be the first to admit I can not evaluate offensive guard play, but I do know the Vikings' acquisition of guard Steve Hutchinson for record money barely improved their rushing offense. I doubt Dockery and Steinbach will have a great impact either.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2007/03/questionable-free-agent-signings.html

:www:

Anyone who thinks these are "questionable" signings haven't suffered through a decade of bad OL! I'm not all that familiar with the Vikes, so I won't speak to their problems. The Bills, however, didn't just add Dockery. They also added Langston Walker to play either RG or RT, and they added Jason Whittle for depth. Last season, Whittle would have been good enough to start!

Kinzua
03-10-2007, 02:35 PM
No doubt!

Jealous, huh? :evil:

Enforcerfin33
03-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Jealous, huh? :evil:
Being jealous of anything involving Buffalo is like being white walking alone in harlem with a rebel flag...YOU JUST DONT DO IT!!

Mike13
03-10-2007, 08:32 PM
So who are the Bills going to get to replace McGahee? Didn't Dillon cancel his visit?

GoBills24
03-10-2007, 08:47 PM
So who are the Bills going to get to replace McGahee? Didn't Dillon cancel his visit?

I think you'll know in about 7 weeks.

like2god
03-10-2007, 09:17 PM
I think you'll know in about 7 weeks.

Which really means......"Oh sh*t, what are we going to do now? I really hope we can draft someone to replace McGahee so we don't suck this year and give the ownership more reason to move the ballclub".

Mike13
03-10-2007, 09:23 PM

Which really means......"Oh sh*t, what are we going to do now? I really hope we can draft someone to replace McGahee so we don't suck this year and give the ownership more reason to move the ballclub".

But its Ok the almighty Derrick Dockery can open up holes for anyone.:rolleyes2

like2god
03-10-2007, 09:38 PM
But its Ok the almighty Derrick Doclkery can open up holes for anyone.:rolleyes2
Oh, he will.

JT, Zach and Porter will thank him for every one. :lol:

GoBills24
03-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Oh, he will.

JT, Zach and Porter will thank him for every one. :lol:

Yep, those two had real impact on the Bills-Phins matchups last year.

And just think, we improved our line since then.

GoBills24
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
But its Ok the almighty Derrick Doclkery can open up holes for anyone.:rolleyes2

He helped Ladell Betts (huh?) rush for 1,100 yards.

I can tell you one thing, our RB situation will be a lot more powerful than Ladell Betts on Opening Day.

GoBills24
03-10-2007, 11:25 PM

Nope, not panicking at all.

Have you ever stopped and thought that we are only about a week into free agency? Isn't it a little bit preliminary to get worried now?

If anything, you should be worrying about your horrendous O-Line, the main excuses for Culpepper's problems last year, besides Daunte's inept brain. Probably a better option than our RB situation.

like2god
03-10-2007, 11:26 PM

Once again, overpaying does not mean improve.

Comprende?

Mike13
03-10-2007, 11:26 PM
He helped Ladell Betts (huh?) rush for 1,100 yards.

I can tell you one thing, our RB situation will be a lot more powerful than Ladell Betts on Opening Day.

That depends on who you get as your RB.

like2god
03-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Nope, not panicking at all.

Have you ever stopped and thought that we are only about a week into free agency? Isn't it a little bit preliminary to get worried now?

If anything, you should be worrying about your horrendous O-Line, the main excuses for Culpepper's problems last year, besides Daunte's inept brain. Probably a better option than our RB situation.
I thought it was a little bit preliminary to get worried? :lol:

Don't worry, I'm sure Marv will figure something out. Lord knows the Jillies did a masterful job replacing Kelly when he left. :goof:

B-lo
03-10-2007, 11:37 PM

Don't worry, I'm sure Marv will figure something out. Lord knows the Jillies did a masterful job replacing Kelly when he left. :goof:About as good as you replacing Marino.:goof:

like2god
03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
About as good as you replacing Marino.:goof:
STFU blowboy. :lol:

B-lo
03-10-2007, 11:40 PM
STFU blowboy. :lol::bighug: :wink: .

like2god
03-10-2007, 11:42 PM
The real question is.......Who is going to replace the Bills when they finally relocate to a real NFL city? :cooldude:

B-lo
03-10-2007, 11:47 PM
The real question is.......Who is going to replace the Bills when they finally relocate to a real NFL city? :cooldude:
You just won't give up about that, the Bills are not going anywhere and you know this! Let it go, let it go! Comprende?:cooldude:

like2god
03-11-2007, 12:01 AM
You just won't give up about that, the Bills are not going anywhere and you know this! Let it go, let it go! Comprende?:cooldude:
Blowboy, you have enough problems with english, don't compound it by trying to speak spanish too. :lol:

GoBills24
03-11-2007, 12:08 AM

Don't worry, I'm sure Marv will figure something out. Lord knows the Jillies did a masterful job replacing Kelly when he left. :goof:

It's preliminary to worry about our RB situation. The RB is obviously only one guy, and is a product of the guys around him.

We improved our offensive line tremendously. Here's a stat for you. In Dockery's 61 starts with the Redskins, he allowed 1.25 more sacks than Gandy did ALONE in 2006. Walker can either play at RG or RT, and he would be an improvement at either spot.

Yeah, we might've overpaid a bit, but I don't see you thrashing the Browns for paying Steinbach the same type of money. Guess what they're combined Pro Bowl appearances are? Wouldn't it be the same case for Dielman?

As for your offensive line, no, it's not too early, in YOUR case, to be worried. Your whole line is awful-average, and mostly the whole front 5 needs to be revamped. Why they didn't target an offensive lineman the first day in free agency is an enigma.

That would be the difference, IMO. Bills = one guy to replace, and that was a guy who was quicker at hitting holes of illegitmate mothers than holes on the football field. Dolphins = almost entire line to revamp. Huge difference there.

Enforcerfin33
03-11-2007, 10:09 PM

Well Bills fans are the only ones, not even ESPN thinks your signings have been for the better of your team.

GoBills24
03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Well Bills fans are the only ones, not even ESPN thinks your signings have been for the better of your team.

No!

Extreme Sports Poker Network doesn't like our signings?!?

Wasn't ESPN predicting a Dolphins playoff run last year? And for the Chargers to be a god-awful team going into 2004?

Blech.

Mike13
03-12-2007, 06:54 PM
No!

Extreme Sports Poker Network doesn't like our signings?!?

And CBS, and SI, and the NFL Network.

GoBills24
03-12-2007, 07:09 PM
And CBS, and SI, and the NFL Network.

Do you really think I care what those idiots think?

They're entitled to their opinions, as am I. And mine are the only ones I'll ever care about.

You guys on this site are probably different, since last off-season, when new posts were coming up everyday by those sites proclaiming the Phins to be something that they're not.

like2god
03-12-2007, 07:15 PM

They're entitled to their opinions, as am I. And mine are the only ones I'll ever care about.

You guys on this site are probably different, since last off-season, when new posts were coming up everyday by those sites proclaiming the Phins to be something that they're not.
Bullsh*t, that's main board material. :rolleyes2

GoBills24
03-12-2007, 07:17 PM

So you're saying you guys were not affected one bit by those predictions / articles that were posted at that main board?

Sure, they weren't posted here, but you read them, and obviously believed them as shown by earlier posts. Not saying we wouldn't do the same thing, but that's the way it was.

like2god
03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
So you're saying you guys were not affected one bit by those predictions / articles that were posted at that main board?

Sure, they weren't posted here, but you read them, and obviously believed them as shown by earlier posts. Not saying we wouldn't do the same thing, but that's the way it was.
First off, I rarely, if ever go to the main board.

Second, I don't care what anyone says about the Phins one way or the other. I am a big boy and I can form my own opinions. I don't care if it's SI, ESPN, CBS, ProFootballTalk, your mother, my mother, or Jesus Christ himself, I will form my own opinion.

So no, I wasn't suckered into believing those predictions. The Phins suffered some injuries (Pep being the most costly) and the OL under performed, so the season didn't go exactly the way that I thought it would. Otherwise I think the Phins could have and should have been a playoff team.

icephinfan
03-12-2007, 07:35 PM

Well, that's because we all support our team, we want them to win it all every year.True the main forum has alot of self pro claiming going on, but that is to be expected on a Dolphins site.Is it realistic to pro caim us to be Champs every year...well no, but it does happen. Just like on other sites.

Alright, my 2 cents.:lol:

Mike13
03-12-2007, 07:39 PM

*Cough*StopbitchingandJoinVIP*Cough*

When alot of "experts" agree on something like this then they might be on to something, or not.

like2god
03-12-2007, 07:41 PM

When alot of "experts" agree on something like this then they might be on to something, or not.

You might be right about that.

GoBills24
03-12-2007, 07:48 PM

Not.

And I can name numerous examples.

2001 Patriots, 2004 Chargers, 2006 Dolphins, on and on...

The first two weren't expected to do jack squat in those particular seasons, and they turned around and had great years. The '06 Phins, you know the story, so I won't repeat again.

Mike13
03-12-2007, 10:01 PM

You might be right about that.

About the experts being on to something or that you should join VIP?

like2god
03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
About the experts being on to something or that you should join VIP?
VIP

I have been resisting up to this point, but some of these posts lately have me considering it.

icephinfan
03-13-2007, 12:14 AM
VIP

I have been resisting up to this point, but some of these posts lately have me considering it.

:hmmm:

Enforcerfin33
03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Not.

And I can name numerous examples.

2001 Patriots, 2004 Chargers, 2006 Dolphins, on and on...

The first two weren't expected to do jack squat in those particular seasons, and they turned around and had great years. The '06 Phins, you know the story, so I won't repeat again.
Just cant bring yourself to say it can you?

GoBills24
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Just cant bring yourself to say it can you?

Very easily, actually.

:D

GoBills24
03-13-2007, 03:12 PM
VIP

I thought you said you don't ever visit the main forum.

:wink:

like2god
03-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I thought you said you don't ever visit the main forum.

:wink:
I meant posts here in the depths.

@ssmonkey spouting off about Porter and Sledge without knowing what he is talking about, 400 different incarnations of WTE, Bills fans who thought Willis was the best RB in the AFC who now think he is just average.........and on and on and on. :rolleyes:

And I'll be honest, I check out the main forum for links to articles whenever there is a signing. I don't read or participate in the posts unless I know who the poster is and know that they have a sound rational head on their shoulders. Otherwise I stay away from the "Oh Oh, this guy was just released!!! Lets sign him and trade away our backups for Ladainian Tomlinson!!!!" type of posts. :rolleyes2

Kinzua
03-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I meant posts here in the depths.

@ssmonkey spouting off about Porter and Sledge without knowing what he is talking about, 400 different incarnations of WTE, Bills fans who thought Willis was the best RB in the AFC who now think he is just average.........and on and on and on. :rolleyes:

And I'll be honest, I check out the main forum for links to articles whenever there is a signing. I don't read or participate in the posts unless I know who the poster is and know that they have a sound rational head on their shoulders. Otherwise I stay away from the "Oh Oh, this guy was just released!!! Lets sign him and trade away our backups for Ladainian Tomlinson!!!!" type of posts. :rolleyes2

You don't think the Stillers released Joey because he was their best LBer, now do you? :D

As for Sledge, he's older than even Joey ... and he brings that Lions' winning tradition to the Carp! :evil:

Willis was the best RB at the beginning of last season ... but he's not in the AFCE any more, so the entire point of this is MOOT!!! :D More to the point, if the Bills draft Marshawn Lynch, he WILL be acknowledged as the best the RB in the AFCE by this time next season! :up:

Enforcerfin33
03-13-2007, 04:08 PM
You don't think the Stillers released Joey because he was their best LBer, now do you? :D

As for Sledge, he's older than even Joey ... and he brings that Lions' winning tradition to the Carp! :evil:

Willis was the best RB at the beginning of last season ... but he's not in the AFCE any more, so the entire point of this is MOOT!!! :D More to the point, if the Bills draft Marshawn Lynch, he WILL be acknowledged as the best the RB in the AFCE by this time next season! :up:
WAIT!!! YOU ACTUALLY THINK A TRAIN IS OR WAS AT ANY POINT IN HIS CAREER BETTER THAN WILLIS!!!???:sidelol: :sidelol: You have just lost all credentials in the Depths, return your guest badge at the door, and dont come back.

icephinfan
03-13-2007, 04:12 PM
WAIT!!! YOU ACTUALLY THINK A TRAIN IS OR WAS AT ANY POINT IN HIS CAREER BETTER THAN WILLIS!!!???:sidelol: :sidelol: You have just lost all credentials in the Depths, return your guest badge at the door, and dont come back.

He/She/It has lost credentials here months ago.:evil:

like2god
03-13-2007, 04:19 PM

Sneaking a little of grandma's happy helper into the coffee, eh Kinzua? You might need some of the stronger stuff if you really believe that tripe. :wink:

TotoreMexico
03-13-2007, 06:29 PM

You must feel stupid now...

In a team-released statement, Steelers Director of Football Operations Kevin Colbert said Porter's release was salary-cap related. Porter, 29, was set to earn $5.3 million in 2007, which is a figure that he could equal or even better on a free-agent market lacking marquee talent.

Sledge is 35, Lorenzo Neal is 37 so that's not a problem

According to other jills fans (blow boy) Willis is the best back, and now all the jills are saying that he's overrated and just an average back:rolleyes:

Kinzua
03-13-2007, 08:08 PM

Obviously, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. :eek: Do you sit next to that artard Ronnie 23 during recess? I never mentioned A-Train. I said "if the Bills draft" Marshawn Lynch, the RB from Cal, then he would be acknowledged the best back in the AFCE at this time next year. :chase:

Enforcerfin33
03-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Obviously, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. :eek: Do you sit next to that artard Ronnie 23 during recess? I never mentioned A-Train. I said "if the Bills draft" Marshawn Lynch, the RB from Cal, then he would be acknowledged the best back in the AFCE at this time next year. :chase:
I said return your guest badge!!:lol: