PDA

View Full Version : Adalius Thomas to Pats

Finsfalife
03-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Kraft has decided to open up his pocket book.......wayne still refuses.....this should be fun having to play against him 2ice a year =(

Finsfalife
03-02-2007, 10:04 PM
http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

SR 7
03-02-2007, 10:29 PM
i can careless anymore as long as our stupid team loserse and we get ****ed over im happy. let our organization learn a lesson our entire staff is all talk. From saban to wayne. (ex staff as well so to say). Im tired of this crap. PATRIOTS HAVE A HOF QB ON THERE ROSTER THEY STILL SPEND THO! WE HAVE NO ONEEEEEEEEEE! AND WE DONT. adn dont say JT and ZT cuz the pats have enough to match taht crap.

23EmilioVasquez
03-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Dam

FinAtic8480
03-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Patriots | Team reaches preliminary agreement with A. Thomas
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 18:36:28 -0800
ESPNews reports the New England Patriots have reached a preliminary agreement with free agent LB Adalius Thomas (http://www.kffl.com/player/132/nfl) (Ravens).

ChuckKLINGBEIL
03-02-2007, 10:50 PM
AGRREEED!

Wayne Huizenga has always been nothing but a CON-ARTIST....

Atleast JOE ROBBIE was honest enought to admit he couldn't keep up with the HIgh Spending of the NFL.

HUIZENGA on the other hand, plays the smoke and mirrors game every year, and new young fans fall for it until they realize his tricks.

Poor Marino had to endure this pathetic excuse for a front office...

So far the Dolphins have let go of 7 starters from a 6-10 team...
Are they really going to "upgrade" by pinching pennies???
I DONT THINK SO...

MustangFinFan
03-02-2007, 10:50 PM
i feel for u SR7.....i do. Wayne DID say "i want this to be a winning franchise, whatever it costs...lets do it".

well where are ya Wayne??? pull out all the money and sign Dielman, Porter, Joe Horn.

DefensiveEnd#76
03-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Until our team becomes a solid playoff team and/or Superbowl contender, many of the top players are going to steer clear of the Dolphins. Look at what our record has been the last few years: 9-7, 4-12, 9-7 and 6-10. A combined record of 28-36. That is not getting it done. Also, we're simply not aggressive enough in free agency either. You have to move fast and fork out the $$$$ if you want someone. Our method has been to just sit back and take our time. Plus now, our salary cap is screwed up. Blame Wayne and the front office people for starters. Then blame screwed up drafts under Wanny and Nick Saban and terrible personnel decisions. That is why our team is such a mess and not a place top notch players want to sign with.

DolFan707
03-02-2007, 11:05 PM
I thought Thomas was a DE

Phinphanatic13
03-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Fine with me, hope we get Porter for considerably less.

whatsburning
03-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Wait a minute... Wayne not opening the pocketbook to spend $$?? What's that all about? Let's see now, last time I checked, there is this thing called the salary cap in the NFL. If WH is not opening the pocketbook, wouldn't we have oodles and oodles of cash to spend? Year in and year out, we are at the cap, please correct me if I'm wrong.

whatsburning
03-02-2007, 11:19 PM
i feel for u SR7.....i do. Wayne DID say "i want this to be a winning franchise, whatever it costs...lets do it".

well where are ya Wayne??? pull out all the money and sign Dielman, Porter, Joe Horn.

Hey Mustang, if we have only 11 million of cap room to spend, we have to make sure we cover more than one or two positions in addition to the draft picks... Wayne has no control over that, does he?

woody1351
03-02-2007, 11:22 PM
sell the team to mark cuban

Regan21286
03-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Wow, Adalius Thomas at the hands of Belichick is not good news. We can counter with Porter if Mueller would just learn how to use the phones but even Porter doesn't have the versatility that Adalius has.

dolfanmark
03-02-2007, 11:53 PM
The Pats have a lot more cap room than we do, and fewer holes to fill. You had to expect something like this would happen.

Imperium
03-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Kraft has decided to open up his pocket book.......wayne still refuses.....this should be fun having to play against him 2ice a year =(

Wayne allowed Saban to build the most expensive coaching staff in NFL history.

Wayne has never made money an issue so my guess is that he's doing the smart thing and allowing his staff to do their job.

jlfin
03-02-2007, 11:59 PM

You were doing OK until you mentioned Joe Horn. He's old and failed his team physical.

Mari0k
03-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Amen.

bluehaze
03-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Y'all make me wish I could afford V.I.P. :lol: Time for bed!

Gator Mike
03-03-2007, 12:23 AM
NFL Network also says the Pats are "expected" to sign Kyle Brady to replace the seemingly departed Daniel Graham, and are close to signing Sammy Morris to replace Corey Dillon.

WR is also supposed to be on the Pats' shopping list this week.

Oh, and they've still got two first round picks this year.

Finsfalife
03-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Wayne allowed Saban to build the most expensive coaching staff in NFL history.

Wayne has never made money an issue so my guess is that he's doing the smart thing and allowing his staff to do their job.

Ok correction........wayne still refuses to allow his money to be spent on **** that matters.......yes ure right, sabans staff was off the chain......thats y were 6-10 with a 9# overall pick, and no one besides JT and ZT.

Handel
03-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I thought Thomas was a DE

He can play DE, OLB, ILB. He will be a fine player for Pats 3-4 defense.

SKing29
03-03-2007, 12:58 AM
wait, a second last year at free agent time I believe this Miami Dolphins team was spending pretty well in FA as well as getting big names, and we were a trendy pick to make the Super Bowl, and how did that turn out. Meanwhile last year during FA the Pats were releasing guys like Deion Branch and not making any moves at all in FA and were being bashed for doing as such, after coming off a 10-6 record and a Divisional round playoff loss. Also I would like to say how did the Pats 2006 season play out. My point is maybe spending a lot of money on FA's will payoff and maybe it won't we can't judge until the final whistle of the season is blown, the thing to do however is build your team with good players through FA and the draft that maybe aren't the big names and who are asking for all the money.

WestCKoastiN
03-03-2007, 01:11 AM
what a shame would of been a great pick-up but also a shame to fall to a rival-same division team..

painnotpleasure
03-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Yeah, this news was pretty tough to take. I wasn't too enthusiastic about us pursuing Adalius Thomas because I didn't want us to overpay for him and felt we had greater needs. Anybody have any information on the terms of the deal? I'm very interested to see how much Kraft was willing to spend, had to be a lot to get him so soon.

Also, just like last year... I expect two Linebackers named Thomas to be making and starting for the AFC in the Pro Bowl. It just so happens that they will both be in the AFC East now.

nyjunc
03-03-2007, 09:39 AM
A few things. First off the deal isn't official. Secondly, Thomas is a good not great player. let's not forget all the talent he was around in baltimore. 3rd and most important, this gos against NE's philosphy. Thye haven't signed high priced FAs in the past and I hope he signed a huge deal to hurt their cap and chemistry. Look at the core players they have let go over $ and look at alot of the underpaid players on that team, it's going to cause problems. NE has won so much b/c they have been a great TEAM, they might get more talentd w/ a move like this but I think they are less of a TEAM.

ThePats
03-03-2007, 10:39 AM
A few things. First off the deal isn't official. Secondly, Thomas is a good not great player. let's not forget all the talent he was around in baltimore. 3rd and most important, this gos against NE's philosphy. Thye haven't signed high priced FAs in the past and I hope he signed a huge deal to hurt their cap and chemistry. Look at the core players they have let go over $ and look at alot of the underpaid players on that team, it's going to cause problems. NE has won so much b/c they have been a great TEAM, they might get more talentd w/ a move like this but I think they are less of a TEAM.
Thomas is great. The guy can play almost any position on defense and Belichick is all about versatility and Thomas is perfect for our defense. He is big but he is also very quick and fast for a big guy. And we have signed high priced FA's in the past.

Rosevelt Colvin in 2003.

ThePats
03-03-2007, 10:41 AM
they might get more talentd w/ a move like this but I think they are less of a TEAM.
:sidelol:

Whoa wait? LOL

So having lots of cap space and using it on a FA who is the perfect fit for Belichick's system. That makes the Patriots less of a team?

patriotspride
03-03-2007, 10:44 AM
A few things. First off the deal isn't official. Secondly, Thomas is a good not great player. let's not forget all the talent he was around in baltimore. 3rd and most important, this gos against NE's philosphy. Thye haven't signed high priced FAs in the past and I hope he signed a huge deal to hurt their cap and chemistry. Look at the core players they have let go over $ and look at alot of the underpaid players on that team, it's going to cause problems. NE has won so much b/c they have been a great TEAM, they might get more talentd w/ a move like this but I think they are less of a TEAM.the patriots spend to the cap limit every year .they have also signed big free agents Rodney Harrison and Roosevelt colvin in the past .A Thomas is considered by many if not all the best free agent out there .to say he will somehow weaken the team is ridiculous. you sound like a desperate jet fan in full denial .as far as the cap goes you can rest assured that they wont screw up there cap situation they never do.before this signing the pats were between 27 and 30 million under the cap .

Stringer Bell
03-03-2007, 12:27 PM
looks like our front office chokes again...

elite14eva
03-03-2007, 12:29 PM
old news.

Geforce
03-03-2007, 12:32 PM
looks like our front office chokes again...

Another nominee for worse thread of the day.

steveincolorado
03-03-2007, 12:32 PM
The front office chokes again? Maybe the front office didn't want him, ever think of that?

Stringer Bell
03-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Another nominee for worse thread of the day.

well i hope you will be happy when NE is shutting us out

putting adalius opposite JT would have formed not only the best Defensive front this league has ever seen, but an instant playoff contender

TotoreMexico
03-03-2007, 12:41 PM
well i hope you will be happy when NE is shutting us out

putting adalius opposite JT would have formed not only the best Defensive front this league has ever seen, but an instant playoff contender

:roflmao:

JGray
03-03-2007, 12:42 PM
No choke! I would rather have Joey Porter than a 1 year wonder.

Vertical Limit
03-03-2007, 12:55 PM
No choke! I would rather have Joey Porter than a 1 year wonder.
Adalius had a pretty damn good year in 2005. Baltimore having a bad year kept his name pretty silent in 2005.

Brown42000
03-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Miami is more intrested in Joey Porter then they were in Adalius Thomas and I heard Miami is going to go after Ken Hamlin the safety from Seattle and he would be a very good pick-up.

MikeO
03-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Porter is a better fit in Miami

wazzy
03-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Miami is more intrested in Joey Porter then they were in Adalius Thomas and I heard Miami is going to go after Ken Hamlin the safety from Seattle and he would be a very good pick-up.

Porter and Ken Hamlin would be huge pickups but I am also hoping they can pull some moves off like this to improve the O-line so we will be solid on both sides of the ball!

PhinFan0202
03-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Porter and Ken Hamlin would be huge pickups but I am also hoping they can pull some moves off like this to improve the O-line so we will be solid on both sides of the ball!

Does Hamlin play FS or SS? Jason Allen?

Dolfan11
03-03-2007, 02:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2786670

Dolfan11
03-03-2007, 02:07 PM
I was looking forward to landing either him, Porter, Mitchell (Chiefs), or Edwards. Now that he's out of the picture, especially given the $ these players are asking for, do you think we'll pursue any of them?

Sorry for the double post.

stryker
03-03-2007, 02:11 PM
:nesucks: