PDA

View Full Version : Off season reality

CC Coach
03-03-2007, 09:56 AM
The reality is most good free agents regard the Dolphins organization as a poor place to go.
Most think it is disorganized with poor leadership and is at the bottom of their division. The owner is a good guy with no clue on how to run a football team.
Expect bottom feeder signings such as a Kelley Washington, etc.
Expect a poor season especially if broken down, (I can't read a defense) Culpepper at QB.
The pathetic mess that scum bags Saban and dufoos Wanny left will take a while to clean up.
You have to feel for Jason and Zack

butta247
03-03-2007, 10:05 AM
The reality is most good free agents regard the Dolphins organization as a poor place to go.
Most think it is disorganized with poor leadership and is at the bottom of their division. The owner is a good guy with no clue on how to run a football team.
Expect a poor season especially if broken down, (I can't read a defense) Culpepper at QB.
The pathetic mess that scum bags Saban and dufoos Wanny left will take a while to clean up.

The owner does not run the football team. That is what the GM is paid to do. So you have inside information on how good free agents regard our organization? Feel free to quote players so we can gain a little more insight.:rolleyes:

jlfin
03-03-2007, 10:05 AM

Yes, and Cleveland is a model franchise. Spare me the nonsense. :rolleyes:

dolpns13
03-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes, this is just another horrible pointless post in a long line of horrible pointless posts. This thread can say what it wants, the reality really is its way off base... Maybe we should hire Matt Millen to run the team

Every offseason we are always hearing of player loving to come to S FL and play for the fins...However, since when have we had the cap room to sign them..Oooo, another reality that MIGHT have to do with signing big key free agents :rolleyes:

Ryan1973
03-03-2007, 10:37 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. Yet they get free agents to go there every year because money talks.

cornell
03-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Coach...... do you EVER say anything positive, or just complain and say how bad the team, the coach, the FO all are?? Being realistic or skepitcal is one thing, but you seem to just like to bash. I'f I'm wrong I appologize, but just the feeling I get from your posts.

Alien
03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
this guys posts seem only negative that i've seen... come on man! we dont have the cap room, the only guy id bother spending 8 million a year is on Porter and everyone else in the LEAGUE wants him too! Free agents care about which organization they feel is in the right direction if the offers are the same but they go for the money otherwise, it doesnt matter if its miami or its greenbay.

Geforce
03-03-2007, 10:52 AM

So that's why Drew Brees didn't sign with us last year? All this time I thought it was because our medical staff wouldn't sign off on him.

TDIS1
03-03-2007, 10:54 AM
I think if we had more money under the cap you would see the Dolphins go out and give some "silly" money to a top 5 free agent. I think Cam Cam has
a lot of work ahead of him and he might go in the direction of building the team through trades and the draft.

HolliFinFan
03-03-2007, 10:58 AM
I think if we had more money under the cap you would see the Dolphins go out and give some "silly" money to a top 5 free agent. I think Cam Cam has
a lot of work ahead of him and he might go in the direction of building the team through trades and the draft.

:wave: Hey TD! Which trades do you think look promising?

Pompy
03-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Sometimes you have to take two steps back to go forward...... I wouldn't be surprised if they cleared the Salary Cap for one of four things. First, they could do it to trade Zach and Jason and wouldn't have to release alot of low end players. Secondly, they could use the money on securing the few young guys like Crowder long-term. Thirdly, they could use the money for alot of low end free-agents or lastly they could Pro-rate Zach and Jason's prior extensions and put it all on this year's cap and be in great shape next year.

melvindillon
03-03-2007, 11:19 AM

well, you know what? At least cleveland are brave enough to schedule a visit and open up the piggy bank.

md

SpurzN703
03-03-2007, 11:21 AM
It isnt like Buffalo, Cleveland and San Francisco are the greatest places to go play. Your theory is flawed

SpurzN703
03-03-2007, 11:24 AM
well, you know what? At least cleveland are brave enough to schedule a visit and open up the piggy bank.

md

Where has it gotten Cleveland? Tossing a coin with Tampa to see who gets the 3rd pick in the draft. Wow, hell of a team that spends all the money huh?

TDIS1
03-03-2007, 11:32 AM
:wave: Hey TD! Which trades do you think look promising?

Its is hard to say really right now. Cam Cam hasn't tipped his hand yet. I would tend to say we need to address the QB situation first and formost.
The last we need to do is go into a brand new season not knowing what
we got.

TotoreMexico
03-03-2007, 11:36 AM

md

So what? they're still at the bottom of their division

CC Coach
03-03-2007, 11:54 AM
I spend hundreds of dollars each year to watch a franchise that has been going down hill since Wannstedt took over.
The negative posts are a reality of the situation that this organization has to deal with. Miami isn't regarded as a smart franchise. Fact.
NE, NY and Buffalo all are being run better.
Teams like SF have a promising young QB and good young talent. Miami has a broken down bum at QB. The Brees fiasco was a disgrace.

It remains to see if Cameron can fix the mess.
Right now this is a last place team.
Should I continue to buy tickets to see this?

Kinzua
03-03-2007, 11:55 AM

As a Bills fan whose "been there, done that", I'll give you some advice whether you want it or not, CC. Don't judge what your team will do this season by the first 24 hrs or so of free agency. Second, rebuilding a franchise isn't a 1 year project.

The Fins are exactly where the Bills were at this time last off-season -- a new GM (yours isn't new but newly empowered), a new HC, and needing to get "bang for the buck" FAs not stars (ie, "quantity over quality") because the Fins have a lot of holes and not a lot of cap space. If Mueller and Cameron work together well, though, develop a plan and stick to it, and get some luck, they can set the foundation for a much better team in the future.

While it looks right now like the 2007 edition of the Fins may not win a lot of games, if they acquire and play a lot of youngsters in key positions, then the season isn't a "lost one". The Bills went a surprising 7-9 last season, but ask Bills fans about it, and most will say it was the best season the team has had in years, including seasons when it seemed they were just a player or two from becoming a playoff team. The problem was, they were always a "player or two away" (sound familiar, Miami fans?).

I'd take a brand new start with new leadership and a lot of new players, even if it means 2 or 3 losing seasons, over the disappointment of missing the playoffs again while thinking the Bills were only a big name FA or two away from being "good".

JFoxx
03-03-2007, 11:59 AM
We just need a little patience and at least cautious optimism. Cam and Mueller seem to have a plan and we need to try and trust a little here. I now the past couple coaches have not been as quality as we were hoping, but Cam seems to be quite different. Many of the big name f/a's haven't and probably won't come here only because we won't pay them the really big bucks to come here. We haven't done that for quite a while, thus why you probably feel that way. Problem is, we have't done a great job with the draft and trades either, so that doesn't put us in a very good position come season time. Let's give the coach and GM some time to turn things around and move us in the right direction. While I'm not expecting (but always hoping) the superbowl THIS year, I also don't see Cam allowing us anything below .500. I think we'll be happy with the progress of the team this year!

rick32883
03-03-2007, 12:11 PM

yeah.. me personally .. if i was a free agent .. i wouldn't want to go to a team and be the guy to help restore glory to the winningest football team in history .. absolutely not!!!:sidelol:

you need a hug guy! .. calm down:bighug:

retired opfinistic
03-03-2007, 01:36 PM
:chase:

Enforcerfin33
03-03-2007, 10:14 PM
wow, yet another completely negative and strictly opinion post. Dont feel for JT and Zack, feel for yourself and fans that think like you. You have obviously already given up on them before they have even took the field, which is very sad. And as for the thing about players not wanting to play for Miami, who would pass up playing in one of the nicest places in the country weather wise,one,who would pass playing for a team rich with the history that we have,two, and why wouldn't any player want to play for a man(Cam) Who led one of the most powerful Offenses to the playoffs, how many years now??

buckwilde
03-03-2007, 11:45 PM

Troll elsewhere douchebag.....troll elsewhere. :rolleyes2 How are things for you in the "free agent acewipe" market buttmunch???