PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on whats going on...

SR 7
03-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Ok guys, scope this **** out!
this is what i think is happening.

We just saved according to some people about 29 mill, once we get our average guys n draftees lets say we get 15 mill for next year ALREADY.

We get a draft of lets say 4 playres and a franchise QB as we move up for Quinn.

We get solid players in FA this year, next year another 6 drafts and solid playres, now we have about 13 draftees, a Quinn, solid acquisitions, and a **** load of money tos pend while all the players this year and last year woul dbe in a cap hell due to the money they spent. now we have another 6 players in year 3 to pick up and the abiliity to go for that 2-3 elite players to compelte our roster.

now thats the overhaul and rebuilding i see happening.

We add new atittude as the losers and oldies are gone, (meanign the losing mentality) and add youth, SPEED, and athletes including on the unathletic o line we have.

we have money to spend and a **** load of good going for us. I think its a good plan.

ohiobryan
03-03-2007, 08:56 PM
yep quinn baby all the way....with the hiring of terry shea who is currently working with quinn...getting a 2,3,and a 6 signals a move up to get brady quinn to lead the dolphins for 10-15 years....

Fresh
03-03-2007, 08:59 PM
If you're going to move up, then go for the best player in the draft.

The best prospect in this draft is clearly Calvin Johnson.

All QB's are projects. If you're going to TRADE UP giving up MULTIPLE PICKS......

Why not go to the closest to a sure thing?

Finfan53
03-03-2007, 09:08 PM

All QB's are projects. If you're going to TRADE UP giving up MULTIPLE PICKS......

I agree... the QB prospects are good, but still projects...although Quinn got the best tutoring from Weiss. Calvin Johnson is the best guy hands down...and he is only going to get better ..yikes!

zonk4ever
03-03-2007, 09:26 PM
i DISAGREE. I think Mueller has expressed it properly. This team is not one player / position away from contending. We have numerous holes to fill. That's the reason for more picks. Of course this is where Mueller earns his money and it's nice to see him stepping up to the plate. (now that shackles have been removed from the sabanator) I'd be surprised if we traded up. It's the wrong move for this team. Even Calvin Johnson is not worth it. The 49ers rookie TE LASTyear ,Vernon Davis, ran a 4.38 40 weighing 250. The greatest TE prospect... ever. What did he do last year? Attn: wE NEED HELP ALL OVER: THE SECONDARY, OUTSIDE lb , wr, qb everywhere. :rolleyes2

DolphinDevil28
03-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I agree 100%.

I'm tired of this 8-8, 9-7 bull year in, year out. It's time to start fresh.

With all these picks we're compiling and the cap space we are creating, in 3-4 years we are going to be dynamite.

I just hope Dolphins fans have a little patience.

EndZone13
03-03-2007, 09:34 PM

Thats right. We don't move up. We take best player available. If its OL or DL. We need both. You build teams by having solid OL and DL you have to be able to run and stop the run. Cam believes that as well. Expect a LT or DL(Amobi Okoye) first. Wilkinson left today. Traylor is probably gone as well. Dielman is going to sign with Seattle. Dockery signed with Buffalo. Joe Thomas will go early, so we can go Levi, or drop back and take one later and take LB earlier. Randy will take 2 QB's, one early and one late. Lemon will more than likely be our starter anyway. he will make us proud. Get us centerpieces to support him and we will win.:dolphins:

GEORGIA FIN
03-03-2007, 09:35 PM
i DISAGREE. I think Mueller has expressed it properly. This team is not one player / position away from contending. We have numerous holes to fill. That's the reason for more picks. Of course this is where Mueller earns his money and it's nice to see him stepping up to the plate. (now that shackles have been removed from the sabanator) I'd be surprised if we traded up. It's the wrong move for this team. Even Calvin Johnson is not worth it. The 49ers rookie TE LASTyear ,Vernon Davis, ran a 4.38 40 weighing 250. The greatest TE prospect... ever. What did he do last year? Attn: wE NEED HELP ALL OVER: THE SECONDARY, OUTSIDE lb , wr, qb everywhere. :rolleyes2

Exactaly, we're not gaining picks to give them away. We have glaring holes and we need multiple picks to fill them. Build through the draft, and tweak with FA.

Roman529
03-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I think the reason we are not pissing away money like everone else so far is because we want to sign JOEY PORTER and have a little cash left for Quinn. Looks like we got a 6th for Big Daddy and will get a 2nd for Welker....love this stockpiling. :tongue:

MrEd
03-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah, if we are going to trade up it should be for Calvin Johnson, not Quinn.

We dont even need to trade up for Quinn anyways. There isnt anyone in the top 6 that would pick him that's for sure.

MIN took Jackson last year in the 2nd round. They need a vet, not another rookie.

HOU wont take Quinn unless they trade away Carr. If we wanted Quinn then just sit at #9 and take him.

Which I wouldnt do. I would rather pick a solid player that can be starter from this year and on.

Quinn isnt any more of a player than Stanton is. I'd pass on Quinn, and draft Edwards or Kolb in the 3rd round.

EndZone13
03-03-2007, 09:43 PM

I agree totally. Get solid players who are injury free history, hard nosed workers like Wes Welker. Remember Jim Crash Jensen? Hard Hat Workers. Put them to work and teach them to work together unselfishly. Let the cream rise to the top as we let them learn to lose together so they can learn to win together. Teamwork wins out.
The Pats have been successful in it for a few years. thats why they are signing our core pieces now, Sammy Smith and Wes Welker. They already have Heath Evans, Larry Izzo, and others. Players we let leave go there and succeed and have multiple superbowl rings. AND they play for less $$$ for NE. Let Randy do his job. He's good at it.
:dolphins: You don't win a superbowl by signing the top rated players. They cost too much. You find the unselfish ones who are willing to play together as a team. remember Zach Thomas, Surtain, JT, Sam Madison? They were rated in the top 4 at their position at most when taken. JJ saw ability to hustle and work hard in all of them. A spark no one else saw. We need a few new ones to grow just like that.
:evil:

USMC_GUNZ
03-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Ya know...I don't really agree with whats going on with the fire sale of players (yes I know....alot of dead weight), and not going for anything that everybody knows will improve the team (okay...okay...we are looking at long term fixes...not short term), but didn't Wayne say he was going to do everything to "win now"...not later? Just asking.

And if this is what we are doing...builiding a team that will win in the future...then the real people I feel sorry for is Thomas and Taylor. They have given everything to win (blood, sweat and restructured contracts), and this is what they get. Doesn't seem right.

KendallCat
03-03-2007, 10:07 PM
I like the moves we are making, and getting a 2nd for Welker is flat out stealing IMO. Having another 2nd rounder will allow us to use one of the picks to move up to get the player we want(Calvin Johnson), or we could stand pat at #9 and go with the BPA and use our 2nd round picks to get some help on the d-line, o-line, QB, or WR.

Personally I would like to see us move out of the #9 pick and do one of two things:

* Trade up and get either the franchise LT in Thomas or the WR for the next 10 years in Johnson. I am not sold on Quinn and I think he is a product of Weiss and nothing more. Before Weiss got there he did not product the numbers he did after Weiss, and most of the numbers were done against the likes of Army, Navy, Stanford....

* Trade down 4-5 spots and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick to use in a trade. The player we take at #9 for our needs will still be there 4-5 picks later whether we go DT, DE, CB, or WR. If we go D-line one of the top players will still be there 4-5 picks later, the top CB's will still be around, Levi Brown will most likely still be around, and Ginn/Meachem will be there at WR.

The other thing I want to see us do is somehow trade one of our 2nd rounders to someone really needing a player who will give us a 1st round pick next year. Being able to stockpile picks, something we have not done since the early 90's when we took Vincent and Coleman in the 1st ten picks, is the way we are going to bring this team back to the top of the NFL. By letting Welker go for a 2nd round pick, trying to trade McMichael and possibly other players the organization is trimming the fat and getting us younger and in position to be stronger in FA the next couple of years. The smartest moves they have made so far is not getting involved in a sellers market for lineman like Steinbach and Dielman who are getting Hutchinson like money. Making moves like this hurts down the road when you need to get a shutdown corner, a top LT, or a d-lineman and all of your money is tied up in guards.

buckwilde
03-03-2007, 11:56 PM
I think the reason we are not pissing away money like everone else so far is because we want to sign JOEY PORTER and have a little cash left for Quinn. Looks like we got a 6th for Big Daddy and will get a 2nd for Welker....love this stockpiling. :tongue:

Dude...love the fins but.....PUFF PUFF PASS???:cooldude:

Kinzua
03-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Why is this in The Depths???