PDA

View Full Version : Patriots = Yankees??

DolfanTom
03-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Consider:

-Both had a great run, w/ multiple titles in a short period of time
-Both did so w/ some stars, quality veterans, strong role players, good coaching and quality signings/drafts
-While still making the playoffs, both have not won a title in the last couple years (Patsies two, Yankees six)
-To get back to championship form, ownership is overspending on big free agents, getting away from the form of business that built their initial success

Granted, the Yankees have a longer history of this, but the similarities are there. Here's hopeful that we can pull a Red Sox and pull out a long-deserved championship while the Patsies watch at home!! :dolphins:

Sorry l2g :wink:

Colorado Dolfan
03-05-2007, 03:32 PM

No, you're not... :tongue:

Mike13
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Lets look at some more similarities.

A Rod = gay
Jeter = gay
Steinbrenner = douchebag

Tom Brady = gay
Matt Cassel = gay
Bellichick = douchebag

DolfanTom
03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Lets look at some more similarities.

A Rod = gay
Jeter = gay
Steinbrenner = douchebag

Tom Brady = gay
Matt Cassel = gay
Bellichick = douchebagSomehow I missed these very obvious similarities!! :lol:

Thanks for pointing them out for everyone!!!

Phinz4Life
03-05-2007, 07:32 PM
:bombyou:

I'm a Yankees fan, ty very much.

DolfanTom
03-05-2007, 09:27 PM
:bombyou:

I'm a Yankees fan, ty very much.
C'mon, you know it's more of an insult to the Patsies.

It has absolutely nothing to do w/ me being a Mets fan!! Nothing at all :wink:

muscle979
03-06-2007, 12:32 AM
I pretty much hate them both so I guess they're similar. But just so none of you Mets fans feel left out I hate them too.

Colorado Dolfan
03-06-2007, 12:50 AM
One glaring difference, however, is that the Yankees haven't sucked for most of their history... :wink:

nyjunc
03-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Consider:

-Both had a great run, w/ multiple titles in a short period of time
-Both did so w/ some stars, quality veterans, strong role players, good coaching and quality signings/drafts
-While still making the playoffs, both have not won a title in the last couple years (Patsies two, Yankees six)
-To get back to championship form, ownership is overspending on big free agents, getting away from the form of business that built their initial success

Granted, the Yankees have a longer history of this, but the similarities are there. Here's hopeful that we can pull a Red Sox and pull out a long-deserved championship while the Patsies watch at home!! :dolphins:

That is exactly the example I have been using the last week. NE is getting desperate to get back to Championship from much like the Yanks have been. Both teams abandoned their models of success that helped them become dynasties. NE has more talent today but I think they will be less of a team just like the yanks have ahd mroe talent the last few years than their dynasty teams but havn't been able to win.

DolfanTom
03-06-2007, 09:48 AM
That is exactly the example I have been using the last week. NE is getting desperate to get back to Championship from much like the Yanks have been. Both teams abandoned their models of success that helped them become dynasties. NE has more talent today but I think they will be less of a team just like the yanks have ahd mroe talent the last few years than their dynasty teams but havn't been able to win.This is a perfect, well thought out post!!! You and I totally agree!!!

Hmmm ... I wonder why we don't agree on other posts?! :wink:

Enforcerfin33
03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
That is exactly the example I have been using the last week. NE is getting desperate to get back to Championship from much like the Yanks have been. Both teams abandoned their models of success that helped them become dynasties. NE has more talent today but I think they will be less of a team just like the yanks have ahd mroe talent the last few years than their dynasty teams but havn't been able to win.
wow...one of the only things I have ever agreed with you on...scary. Tom, we need to get our heads checked. :lol:

DolfanTom
03-06-2007, 11:30 AM
wow...one of the only things I have ever agreed with you on...scary. Tom, we need to get our heads checked. :lol:Yeah, from what I understand, when you visit a phychiatrist nowadays, one of the first questions they ask you is, "Have you ever found yourself agreeing w/ a Jet fan?" :lol:

Mike13
03-06-2007, 01:39 PM

Yeah I agree. The Patriots are overpaying left and right.
I knew something was up when they gave Sammy Morris a $7Million deal.