PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins in complete rebuilding mode

Bills Own You!
03-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Seems like the miami front office has conceded to another season dedicated to the AFC doldrums, but this was expected as the new coaching regime clears out all the unwanted Saban trash.

I am a bit surprised though that the dolphins haven't signed at least ONE big name FA considering the rest of the division improved siginficantly this past weekend. Plus it seems you are losing players left and right.

It looks like the Pats and Bills will be neck in neck for the AFC East title all season long in 2007. :cooldude:

Thoughts?

dolfan121
03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Seems like the miami front office has conceded to another season dedicated to the AFC doldrums, but this was expected as the new coaching regime clears out all the unwanted Saban trash.

I am a bit surprised though that the dolphins haven't signed at least ONE big name FA considering the rest of the division improved siginficantly this past weekend. Plus it seems you are losing players left and right.

It looks like the Pats and Bills will be neck in neck for the AFC East title all season long in 2007. :cooldude:

Thoughts?
Puff Puff Pass!!!!!

emocomputerjock
03-05-2007, 03:59 PM

Thoughts?

Cleaning out the dead weight and receiving draft picks for underachievers is always a good thing. Getting younger and bringing in more and more first day talent is our goal.

We haven't signed anyone yet, because we're not willing to spend 50 million to get average talent at a position where we have plenty of young talent. The players we are losing didn't recieve offers for a reason. If a 6-10 team cuts you, you're really not all that great.

Finally, as much as I hate the Jets and Pats, you might want to talk to them and us about a division title before you start crowning the Bills champs.

Kyndig
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM

Thoughts?

Umm, how does losing Nate Clements make the bills a better team? Your front office is so cheap, to be honest, I don't think anyone on this forum who's a fins fan is worried at all about the Bills. The Pats on the other hand with Adelius Thomas? That's a worry. The Bills? Who cares honestly, you guys just might suck more than we do...

Winbaby#23
03-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Thoughts?You sign an overrated guard at top dollar and that makes you think your gonna win the division??LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TotoreMexico

Thoughts?

You are right, we should be overpaying for above-average players(see bills):rolleyes:

SuperMarksBros.
yeah dude, the bills are really good. your smack is laughable.

Dolfan984
03-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Didn't the Bills have mid 20's rankings for both offense and defense?

The Dolphins may not be great, but the Bills are only about 1 game better.

Bills Own You!
03-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Fellas - this isn't a smack thread. Just very curious as to why the Dolphins have been awfully quiet this offseason.

Bills just added a ton of beef to their oline, pats added Adelius Thomas and rumors are flying about Randy Moss.

Jets were a wilcard team last year and will only improve in year 2 under the Mangini regime.

Just seems the dolphins are on the outside looking in right now and need to move fast if they want to win some ball games in 2007.

Section126
03-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Fellas - this isn't a smack thread. Just very curious as to why the Dolphins have been awfully quiet this offseason.

Bills just added a ton of beef to their oline, pats added Adelius Thomas and rumors are flying about Randy Moss.

Jets were a wilcard team last year and will only improve in year 2 under the Mangini regime.

Just seems the dolphins are on the outside looking in right now and need to move fast if they want to win some ball games in 2007.

Your Bills have lost argueably their best two players (Clements, Fletcher)...and is now actively trying to trade McGahee...

Are you serious?

We have/are added.adding picks for our dead weight.

it actually looks like your team is the one on the outside looking in.

BTW...go to Scouts Inc...and see what your guard is worth. Then see what you guys paid for him...I guarantee you that you will want to disban your franchise after you read that.

PhinFan0202
03-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Were stacking up on the draft picks which we haven't done in years. We went crazy in FA last year signing people left and right and look where that got us. I like what we doing right now which is building through the draft. Bills improved on last season but if anyone is going to be leading the division it's the two teams that made the playoffs last year.

emocomputerjock
03-05-2007, 04:18 PM

I thought I answered you pretty plainly, but I'll go into a bit more depth...

The Pats are throwing it all out on a Superbowl win next season. It looks like there's nothing they won't try in order to get another one. The Raiders are certainly going to be looking for a 1st for Moss, which the Pats, in their crazy *** mindset, might give if the rumors are to be beleived. I don't care what the Pats are on about, because their motives are transparent.

The Jets had an excellent draft last year, and did quite well in the regular season. They're challenging, but I wouldn't expect them to overthrow the Pats just yet, especially with the win-at-all costs thing BB is doing.

The Bills have lost more than they've gained. They massively overpaid for an average lineman at the guard position. Guards are dimes a dozen (we've got 4 even after our cuts). Your LT position is taken care of, but spending that kind of money, while losing Fletcher and Clements is just bad front-office thinking. Then there's McGahee and Spikes to worry about...

The Dolphins are throwing out the garbage. We're moving underachievers and receiving compensation we desperately need to get first day talent. Be it depth or starting material, we have to improve the team on both sides of the ball. You may think it's strange that we haven't been throwing down 50 million offers to every FA that has a name, but we're playing it smart. We'll certainly be a better team this coming year than we were last year.

Mr.Majestik
03-05-2007, 04:18 PM

It looks like the Pats and Bills will be neck in nec k for the AFC East title all season long in 2007. :cooldude:

Thoughts?

Division title? Wild Card? Patriots yes. Jets maybe. Bills not a chance. The Dolphins will be as competitive as the Bills. You're expecting a lot from Dick Jauron, take that 13-3 year he had in Chicago in 2001 out of his resume, and he's a mindboggling 30-55 as a head coach. You're cocky for a guy whose team was one win better in the standings, had a team that ranked only slightly higher then the Fins in scoring offense, and worse in scoring defense. You overpaid for two offensive lineman, and you think the Bills are significantly improved? Dockery might be an improvement on paper, but Langston Walker? The Raiders were one of the worst offensive lines in recent memory. The Vikings, Browns, Redskins, Seahawks and Giants thought they upgraded signing premium free agents last year. Didn't happen. Never does.

HybridPHIN 23
03-05-2007, 04:19 PM
newsflash : overpaying highpriced free agents isnt how you win...... thanx for the opinion although we wouldnt value a bills fans opinion anyway, wellatleast not like that.

Mr.Majestik
03-05-2007, 04:25 PM

It's a given the Jets will improve in year two? The Dolphins were supposed to be in the Super Bowl in year two of the Saban regime, how did that work out? The Jets were doing it with smoke and mirrors, expect them to regress unless they add a lot of good players in the draft, or they hit on some bargain free agents. It's amazing what a healthy starting quarterback can do isn't it? Pennington is healthy, they make it into the playoffs. Who knows what could happen if Culpepper gets healthy.

Mike13
03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
The Dolphins are looking to get younger and it sems Mueller plans on building throught the draft. Big daddy being traded, Welker being tendered with a second round comp slapped on him.(The Patriots take the bait) McMierda is being shopped.*

Also the Dolphins are still in the running for a certain Steelers LB.
Also its only been a few days, there's plenty of FAs left.

*I like Mcmichael, thats just my nickname for him.

Congratulations though You started your first thread that prompts an intelligent discussion, (although in your usal retarded way)

DolfanTom
03-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I am a bit surprised though that the dolphins haven't signed at least ONE big name FA considering the rest of the division improved siginficantly this past weekend.

You improved how? You lost perhaps the game's best cornerback to FA, when you had plenty of $$ to sign him!!

You overpaid big time for an average at best OL-man.

You improved how???

Also, what the heck have the Jets done to improve themselves in FA, since you bring up the rest of the division. As my Jet fan friend emailed me this a.m., "If at any point the Jets actually want to get involved in FA that would be great."

Were you born stupid, or have you been working at it your whole life??

DC8
03-05-2007, 05:43 PM
The Dolphins are looking to get younger and it sems Mueller plans on building throught the draft. Big daddy being traded, Welker being tendered with a second round comp slapped on him.(The Patriots take the bait) McMierda is being shopped.*

*I like Mcmichael, thats just my nickname for him.

:sidelol:I thought i was the only one that called him that.LMAO

INPHINITY
03-05-2007, 09:34 PM

Thoughts? Thoughts?? Yeah, if you want to stay consistently finishing third or fourth in the division don't do anything, but we are thinking about being better in the future. So keep doing what your team is doing and thanks for worrying about us. Why do all the Bovine fan's care so much about what our team is doing?? Funny is'nt it.