PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason The Mor Rules... and Yet More Proof he has No Life

mor911
03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Well... The Mor takes a lot of pride in his DVD/Games shelf. I like it to look neat and clean. I have hundreds of DVDs and about a hundred or so games (across all platforms).

In light of my newly modded 360, playing "backed up" copies of my games present an issue. Burned games don't look good on my shelf.

Insert The Mor, obsessed loser extrordinaire.

I got old 360 empty cases for Cameo (we used them at work for a 360 promotion we were doing last year), downloaded covers for all of my backups, and placed them in the green cases. Came out pretty good.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I'll probably do this with all of my backups. If you're interested in replacing covers for any games, movies, CDs... visit http://cdcovers.cc

They have EVERYTHING. I love that site. Very often, there's multiple versions of covers too.

Hope you guys don't think I'm too much of a loser.

:mor911:

AirMarino83
03-06-2007, 05:38 PM
not really a loser, just ocd... im the same way, i would do that for burned cds, dvds, and games.

arsenal
03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
gangsta

Majpain
03-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Mor you think you can burn me a copy of NBA 2K7 since mine doesnt work anymore???

twanderer
03-06-2007, 05:46 PM
What ya got for the ps3?

mor911
03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Mor you think you can burn me a copy of NBA 2K7 since mine doesnt work anymore???The Mor doesn't have NBA 2K7... yet. I do have MLB.

mor911
03-06-2007, 05:55 PM
What ya got for the ps3?Don't have a PS3... yet. I've already voiced these concerns with my girlfriend as my birthday approaches :cooldude:

Majpain
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
The Mor doesn't have NBA 2K7... yet. I do have MLB.

Is it possible that MLB will turn into a NBA? :lol:

UltraDol-Fan
03-06-2007, 06:53 PM
nice job Mor :up: those are sweet. I would definitley be doing the same thing. I have an uncle that works for a packing place and he says they throw tons of those green and grey cases away every month and he scavenges them for his own DVD's and CD's. He has literally thousands of them in his garage.

Stitches
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
You know, the cases are one of the reasons I don't like having burned movies. I'm OCD about having the normal cases, and being alphabetized and ****.

Bruzer
03-06-2007, 08:15 PM
It doesn't bother me having burned disc in a slim clear case it doesn't really bother me i guess.

mor911
03-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Oddly enough, I can have a thousand burned PC games in blank jewel cases and it's fine. I only get this way with console games.

Scatman
03-07-2007, 12:30 AM
nice job bro, thanks for the site..never knew where to get these covers..... my collections about to get a lot nicer looking.

Alien
03-07-2007, 12:52 AM
yeah man, i do that with my burned cds, i have a moded xbox and i only have about 200 burned games... i had problems though where after about 45 minutes of play the screen would just stop and a loud annoying noise would come up... oh well...it was pretty cool playing moded halo online haha.

TheMageGandalf
03-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I've also got about 100+ games across all platforms.

Im not a stickler for how they are organized as long as they aren't all over the place but rather in a certain sopt where they can't get damaged.

I freak out if any of the CD's get scratched so I am extra protective of those types of games when handling them.

Also

TheMageGandalf
03-07-2007, 12:21 PM
I've also got about 100+ games across all platforms.

Im not a stickler for how they are organized as long as they aren't all over the place but rather in a certain spot where they can't get damaged.

I freak out if any of the CD's get scratched so I am extra protective of those types of games when handling them.

Also whenever I buy any used games I make sure they have the least amount of scratches before I buy them or else I go to another gamestop and whatnot to find a better CD.

Mike13
03-07-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm like that with burned CDs and I have to stack tehm in alaphabetical order and they have to be stacked just right. It's my OCD.:lol:

Pagan
03-07-2007, 08:05 PM
You can also go to Mega-Search. (http://www.mega-search.net)

It's a website that searches all the other sites for CD, DVD, and game cover art. I used it to find the covers for over 1,000 CDs I...um...acquired. :wink:

Agent51
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Well... The Mor takes a lot of pride in his DVD/Games shelf. I like it to look neat and clean. I have hundreds of DVDs and about a hundred or so games (across all platforms).

In light of my newly modded 360, playing "backed up" copies of my games present an issue. Burned games don't look good on my shelf.

Insert The Mor, obsessed loser extrordinaire.

I got old 360 empty cases for Cameo (we used them at work for a 360 promotion we were doing last year), downloaded covers for all of my backups, and placed them in the green cases. Came out pretty good.

http://insaneassylum.com/images/gamecovers.jpg

I'll probably do this with all of my backups. If you're interested in replacing covers for any games, movies, CDs... visit http://cdcovers.cc

They have EVERYTHING. I love that site. Very often, there's multiple versions of covers too.

Hope you guys don't think I'm too much of a loser.

:mor911:

I do the same thing with burned CDs and DVDs. I'm pretty anal about my DVD/CD/Game storage. They ALWAYS have to be alphabetical, and facing the right way, etc etc, :lol:. Plus, it looks awesome to just look up and see a giant WALL of DVDs and Games.

And yes, cdcovers.cc is one of the best sites ever, I've been using it for YEARS.