PDA

View Full Version : In true honesty..

B-lo
03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
The signing of Joey Porter is SCARY for other offenses, he and Taylor are going to wreak havic without a doubt. I just don't see the point? Obviously he is going to make a very good defense GREAT, the defense can get younger in the draft I guess. BUT what about the offense. If I'm a Dolphin fan i would be concerned, Porter is a great addition but what about o-line, recievers , tight ends, QUARTERBACK I know they can still pick up guys but can you address ALL your offensive needs in the draft , and get younger on defense at the same time? Being a Bills fan , the Porter thing is scary impressive, but on the other hand your offense is in serious trouble right now. IMO. This may not be a depths post, sorry, but this is really the only place that anyone's opinion really matters to me.:cooldude: What do you think ? Good move, great move, bad move? I know you all are going to say FUK yea it was a great move, but honestly , in an overall team perspective was it?

arsenal
03-07-2007, 11:25 AM
i think our only concern right now is the oline, we dumped 2 starters from last year, and 1 other that would have been starting if he wasn't hurt (mckinney)... getting an LT and an LG are the biggest issues right now... we're going into next season with daunte and im comfortable with that... we'll pick up one more FA receiver and we'll be fine there with chambers, booker, hagan, etc... and obviously ronnie is a beast-o-matic... so to me its just about the oline right now... i also feel not having mularkey call plays is HUGE, his play calling really hindered our offense last season and now that hes done in that roll thats already an upgrade for our offense...

the porter thing is a great move to me... we needed a passrushing OLB and now we got it... hes only 30 and our D isn't as old as most people think... JT zach Vonnie traylor and porter now are the 30 and over crowd... we have younger players in crowder, roth, wright bros, evans, pope, and every one of our secondary players is under 29... we aren't as old as people wanna say, the problem is our BEST players are old...

i think cam's offensive mind and playcalling in itself makes our offense much more dangerous... we just have to plug the holes in the oline...

and uhhh **** you you ****-monger...

B-lo
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
i think our only concern right now is the oline, we dumped 2 starters from last year, and 1 other that would have been starting if he wasn't hurt (mckinney)... getting an LT and an LG are the biggest issues right now... we're going into next season with daunte and im comfortable with that... we'll pick up one more FA receiver and we'll be fine there with chambers, booker, hagan, etc... and obviously ronnie is a beast-o-matic... so to me its just about the oline right now... i also feel not having mularkey call plays is HUGE, his play calling really hindered our offense last season and now that hes done in that roll thats already an upgrade for our offense...

the porter thing is a great move to me... we needed a passrushing OLB and now we got it... hes only 30 and our D isn't as old as most people think... JT zach Vonnie traylor and porter now are the 30 and over crowd... we have younger players in crowder, roth, wright bros, evans, pope, and every one of our secondary players is under 29... we aren't as old as people wanna say, the problem is our BEST players are old...

i think cam's offensive mind and playcalling in itself makes our offense much more dangerous... we just have to plug the holes in the oline...

and uhhh **** you you ****-monger...I agree with the BEST players on D are the one's that are old, and that MM suks at play calling and having CC will in itself be a HUGE improvment, BUT Culpepper and the recievers are huge question marks IMO, not that every team doesn't have them, BUT what can Culpepper do if the O-line isn't vastly improved? If he is capable behind a good line, that is still yet to be seen. BUt very possible

OH yea You FUK mo%&*%&!!!!

:cooldude:

DolfanTom
03-07-2007, 11:40 AM
The signing of Joey Porter is SCARY for other offenses, he and Taylor are going to wreak havic without a doubt. I just don't see the point? Obviously he is going to make a very good defense GREAT, the defense can get younger in the draft I guess. BUT what about the offense. If I'm a Dolphin fan i would be concerned, Porter is a great addition but what about o-line, recievers , tight ends, QUARTERBACK I know they can still pick up guys but can you address ALL your offensive needs in the draft , and get younger on defense at the same time? Being a Bills fan , the Porter thing is scary impressive, but on the other hand your offense is in serious trouble right now. IMO. This may not be a depths post, sorry, but this is really the only place that anyone's opinion really matters to me.:cooldude: What do you think ? Good move, great move, bad move? I know you all are going to say FUK yea it was a great move, but honestly , in an overall team perspective was it?Well, B-lo, I look at it like this.

Going into the offseason, we had a serious weakness (offense) and serious strength (defense). However, while it's safe to say that while our offense is indeed bad and needs improvement, our defense, while good-to-great, still had some weaknesses and could stand some improvement.

The offense is going to be more of a work in progress, beginning w/ the draft, any other scrub FA's that become available. Nobody is expecting our offense to light it up next year - only at least a mere improvement due to better design and playcalling (Coach Cam!!!!). Now, that being the case, how can you rebuild the offense, but still have a chance to win more games than you lose? The ONLY possibility would be to make an already great defense stellar!!!

Adding Porter could make our defense dominant, not just great. While our D certainly had dominant games last year (Bears, Vikings, Chiefs, Patriots), they still showed some weaknesses at times - sometimes critical times (Packers, Jets). W/ Porter now, our defense has a chance to dictate most games. Depending on how the offense progresses, that can make the difference between 6 wins and 10.

W/out Porter, and w/ the current state of the offense, our defense would still be great, but would have a harder time dictating games. The best result would likely be something like last year w/ 6 wins, maybe a lucky 8 at best.

So - this signing allows us to at least completely dominate (you would think at least) on one side of the ball, while rebuilding the other side. And in the short term, given a break or two, we could sneak into the playoffs. Not likely, but there is no other scenario that would put us there right now.

Cam - and Randy - have big plans for this offense. Unfortunately, it's not going to simply happen overnight. It will at leas take till sometime in 2008 for it to look pretty in any way, and possibly till '09 to be effective. That's, of course, presuming Cam's master plan will work.

So that's why we signed Porter IMO!

B-lo
03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Well, B-lo, I look at it like this.

Going into the offseason, we had a serious weakness (offense) and serious strength (defense). However, while it's safe to say that while our offense is indeed bad and needs improvement, our defense, while good-to-great, still had some weaknesses and could stand some improvement.

The offense is going to be more of a work in progress, beginning w/ the draft, any other scrub FA's that become available. Nobody is expecting our offense to light it up next year - only at least a mere improvement due to better design and playcalling (Coach Cam!!!!). Now, that being the case, how can you rebuild the offense, but still have a chance to win more games than you lose? The ONLY possibility would be to make an already great defense stellar!!!

Adding Porter could make our defense dominant, not just great. While our D certainly had dominant games last year (Bears, Vikings, Chiefs, Patriots), they still showed some weaknesses at times - sometimes critical times (Packers, Jets). W/ Porter now, our defense has a chance to dictate most games. Depending on how the offense progresses, that can make the difference between 6 wins and 10.

W/out Porter, and w/ the current state of the offense, our defense would still be great, but would have a harder time dictating games. The best result would likely be something like last year w/ 6 wins, maybe a lucky 8 at best.

So - this signing allows us to at least completely dominate (you would think at least) on one side of the ball, while rebuilding the other side. And in the short term, given a break or two, we could sneak into the playoffs. Not likely, but there is no other scenario that would put us there right now.

Cam - and Randy - have big plans for this offense. Unfortunately, it's not going to simply happen overnight. It will at leas take till sometime in 2008 for it to look pretty in any way, and possibly till '09 to be effective. That's, of course, presuming Cam's master plan will work.

So that's why we signed Porter IMO!Right, but shouldn't a team grow TOGETHER? when the offense is good the defense will be older and possible not nearly as good. Iv'e seen the Dolphins do this for years great on 1 side BAD on the other. Not that I mind, but the restructuring of your team seems to have NO balance IMO!

like2god
03-07-2007, 11:50 AM
The signing of Joey Porter is SCARY for other offenses, he and Taylor are going to wreak havic without a doubt. I just don't see the point? Obviously he is going to make a very good defense GREAT, the defense can get younger in the draft I guess. BUT what about the offense. If I'm a Dolphin fan i would be concerned, Porter is a great addition but what about o-line, recievers , tight ends, QUARTERBACK I know they can still pick up guys but can you address ALL your offensive needs in the draft , and get younger on defense at the same time? Being a Bills fan , the Porter thing is scary impressive, but on the other hand your offense is in serious trouble right now. IMO. This may not be a depths post, sorry, but this is really the only place that anyone's opinion really matters to me.:cooldude: What do you think ? Good move, great move, bad move? I know you all are going to say FUK yea it was a great move, but honestly , in an overall team perspective was it?
It depends.

I took Huizenga at his word when he said "We'll spend what it takes". Obviously the Phins weren't in a great cap situation but they did have enough to grab one big name free agent (before the recent round of cuts). Now, the front office knows weeks and sometimes months in advance what direction they are headed, so they more than likely knew that these recent cuts were going to happen, meaning that they knew a few weeks/months ago that they would have more cap space than what was being reported.

But they waited.

They lost out on Dielman, infact I don't even think that they made a play for him. He was the one FA that I thought it made sense to spend on. He is young, he is already one of the best at his position and he is one nasty tough motherf*cker. Not to mention that OL is, was, and will be our biggest weakness come draft day. To add insult to injury, Dielman (who was considered by most to be the best FA OL this year) signed for less than some of the other OL FA's this year.

All of the other questions on offense revolve around the OL.

Will Culpepper come back and succeed? Depends on if he can get some protection.

Will Ronnie/Ricky be able to control the tempo of the game by running the ball down the throats of the opposing defense? Depends on if the OL can open holes for them.

Will Chambers have a good and productive year? Depends on if the OL can give the QB enough time for the plays to develop.

I'm glad that they didn't overpay for Davis or Dockery, but I'm concerned about the direction of the line which played horrible last year. Draft picks are nice, but you never know what you are getting and rookies can't be counted on to step up right away and be a factor.

I like the idea that Cam and Randy are getting rid of the dead weight. Too many guys were playing for a paycheck and not to win. But then they trade Welker. The one guy on the offensive side of the ball that showed up every Sunday with heart, determination and balls, and they get rid of him. No, he wasn't 6'4" 230, he was 5'9" 185 but he played like he was 6'4". The guy ran into brick walls just to make a catch, he was the most consistent WR that we had. And who are they bringing in to replace him? Kelly Washington? If they use the Pats draft pick to make a play for Ted Ginn or move up to grab Calvin Johnson then it makes sense. Otherwise, I don't understand the Welker move.

Randy McMichael wasn't used properly last year, and everybody lost faith in him. Yes his numbers were down and yes he dropped his share of passes, and yes he liked to slap his wife around. But don't tell me that you couldn't get a pick for him. Last year the OL was soo bad (told you that everything revolves around the OL) that Randy was taken out of the offense and used primarily as a blocker. He wasn't used as a receiving threat like he had been in the past and his numbers dipped. Miami fans everywhere were calling for his head, but failed to understand why his numbers dipped. I was hoping that they would have given him a chance to make amends, but they released him without getting anything in return. Bad move IMO.

Now we have a bunch of draft picks that could help us get younger and better, but maybe not this year. Bringing in Porter was a major deal, GREAT SIGNING!!!.......if they can fix the offense. It makes our #4 defense even better which should keep us in every game, but if rebuilding is what the goal is here, wouldn't it have been a good idea to take advantage of JT and Zach's value and really do this rebuilding thing right? I believe that you can rebuild on the fly, but not by completely overhaulin your team by getting rid of your players without getting something in return. There is still plenty of time between now and opening day to make some upgrades and fill out the roster with capable hard working bodies. I'm not writing the Phins off or jumping ship, I'm here win or lose regardless. :cooldude:

DolfanTom
03-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Right, but shouldn't a team grow TOGETHER? when the offense is good the defense will be older and possible not nearly as good. Iv'e seen the Dolphins do this for years great on 1 side BAD on the other. Not that I mind, but the restructuring of your team seems to have NO balance IMO!

:cooldude:In a perfect world, yes, but that doesn't always happen. Look at the majority of Dan Marino's career!

The best case scenario is for this D to be at least decent for 2-3 more years, while the offense improves - taking shots in '08 and '09. You know, we still may be able to continue building our defense for the next few years to keep it strong.

Enforcerfin33
03-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Right, but shouldn't a team grow TOGETHER? when the offense is good the defense will be older and possible not nearly as good. Iv'e seen the Dolphins do this for years great on 1 side BAD on the other. Not that I mind, but the restructuring of your team seems to have NO balance IMO!

I think the amount of money they gave him is outragous, personally....and I understand he was a FA, and you want to get good FA's, but we are cutting all kinds of offensive players, and not one of them has been replaced. What good is a kik arse D if your O cant put up points?

retired opfinistic
03-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I like the signing of Porter. To coin a phrase, 'Defense wins Championships', if that's the case, then we're there. ;) But the OL and QB positions are in dire need of help. There is a chance that Pepper will come back and be serviceable, there's also a chance he'll never return to form. Chambers (who is on my **** list) has proven he can be a good #1 receiver, but last year he proved he can suck as bad as anyone. Maybe he'll thrive under Cameron, who knows. I'm sure we'll miss Welker but the two picks will come in handy draft day. :)

B-lo
03-07-2007, 01:39 PM
I think the amount of money they gave him is outragous, personally....and I understand he was a FA, and you want to get good FA's, but we are cutting all kinds of offensive players, and not one of them has been replaced. What good is a kik arse D if your O cant put up points?That's exactly my point. Your defense is going to be pretty fukin good/GREAT, probably top 2 in the league if the secondary holds up. And your defense may win 8 games by themselves, but you may only win 8? I agree w/L2G, it all depends on the 0-line. Culpepper, recievers, running game, everything goes when the o-line is solid. Right now the dolphin o-line is soft!

DolfanTom
03-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Right now the dolphin o-line is soft!I agree. I just hope you can't say the same thing on opening day.

Too early to judge, my friend. We can certainly comment, speculate, but we can't judge until everything is set. There are so many variables that can happen between now and Sept. We're just getting started!!

That said, I don't personally see anything certain that can be done. I hope our coach and GM do though!

DolfanTom
03-07-2007, 01:57 PM
I think the amount of money they gave him is outragous, personallyYou are right, of course, but I think we should all get used to this. That's today's market, w/ all the limited supply and huge demand, coupled w/ lots of cap room.

Guys are going for like 15-30% more than they would in past years.

B-lo
03-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I agree. I just hope you can't say the same thing on opening day.

Too early to judge, my friend. We can certainly comment, speculate, but we can't judge until everything is set. There are so many variables that can happen between now and Sept. We're just getting started!!

That said, I don't personally see anything certain that can be done. I hope our coach and GM do though!Yea It's definately WAY to early to tell, but never to early take shots at you guys!

:lol:

DolfanTom
03-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Yea It's definately WAY to early to tell, but never to early take shots at you guys!

:lol:Or you:

:lol: Dockery price :sidelol:

:lol: Letting Clements go :sidelol:

:lol: B-lo rhymes with Blow :sidelol:

:wink:

B-lo
03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Or you:

:lol: Dockery price :sidelol:

:lol: Letting Clements go :sidelol:

:lol: B-lo rhymes with Blow :sidelol:

:wink: Don't be jealous we now have a SOLID YOUNG o-line , that is just going to get better every day for YEARS to come. Clements too much $$$. And B-lo it is, those of us with perfect grammar know that when you add a hyphen B-lo and Blow don't ryhm at all.:D

like2god
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Don't be jealous we now have a SOLID YOUNG o-line , that is just going to get better every day for YEARS to come. Clements too much $$$. And B-lo it is, those of us with perfect grammar know that when you add a hyphen B-lo and Blow don't ryhm at all.:D

How is that SOLID YOUNG OL going to win you any games if you trade away McGahee? Not to mention that you lost 2 of your best defensive players and JP Lousyman is still your QB. Good luck with that one. :lol:

trate121hb
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM

OK HERE'S MY TAKE AND IM GOING TO CONVINCE YOU WHY IT IS A GREAT MOVE:

JOEY PORTER COULD ARGUABLY BE THE BEST FREE AGENT IN THE MARKET....WHEN YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO UP GRADE AT LB-WHICH WE NEEDED TO DO WITH SPRAGAN-YOU JUMP ON THAT. OUR DEFENSE IS PRETTY MUCH SET NOW. DEPTH ON THE DLINE AND SECONDARY IS WHAT'S NEEDED. AS FOR THE OFFENSE, THIS FA PERIOD SO FAR HAS SEEN MEDIOCRE GUYS OR EVEN BUSTS GET INSANE CONTRACTS. LEONARD DAVIS, DERRICK DOCKERY, OVIE MUGHELY....ALL THESE GUYS AND MANY OTHERS DONT DESERVE THE MONEY THEY ARE GETTING AND ARE DEFINITELY NOT IN THE JOEY PORTER CLASS. I WILL TELL YOU THAT OFCOURSE I AM CONCERNED WITH OUR OFFENSE, AND MORE SPECIFICALLY OUR OFFENSIVE LINE. AS FOR OUR WR I THINK WE WILL LAND WASHINGTON CURTIS OR STALLWORTH WHICH WILL SOLIDIFY THAT POSITION. PR/KR CAN BE FILLED BY MAURICE HICKS OR VIA DRAFT WITH A GUY LIKE WR FIGURS. AS FAR AS FB ITS A PRETTY EASY POSITION TO FILL-GO GET GRIFFITH OR LETS DRAFT THE GUY FROM LOUSIVILLE I BELIEVE. TE IS ANOTHER WORRY POSITION BUT CAM DEVELOPED AN UNNDRAFTED BASKETBALL PLAYER INTO AN ALL PRO AND IM CONFIDENT HE CAN DO IT HERE. IM CONFIDENT IN CPEP AND LEMON RIGHT NOW. MY ONE WORRY IS OLINE BUT I LIKE HAVING 2 2ND ROUNDERS WHICH WE CAN USE FOR 2 STARTERS ON THE LINE. HAVING 9 DRAFT PICKS EASES MY CONCERN ALOT MORE.....IM EXCITED

Mike13
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
guys but can you address ALL your offensive needs in the draft , and get younger on defense at the same time?

No not in one offeason.

I like the fact that Mueller cut the overpaid garbage( nd alot of age as well)(Except Mcmike, but we'll won't see how that will play out until the end of the 07 season.)

I'll miss Wes, the guy had alot of heart and he played top the best of his ability.

But this was a good trade for us, anytime you can get a second and a 7th for an UDFA you've made a good move.

As for the OL we'll see how this works out, KB21 said that they either feel Alabi is reday to start at LT and that Toledo is ready to start, both have talent and both are projects. Still we should draft OL.

As for the QB situation, its either going to be a rookie or Cpep IMO.

As for Porter, solid pick up, opping offenses will have to pick their posion.
JT or Porter(and maybe a surprise from Matt Roth, you'll be hearing his name a few times this year)

finsrclowns
03-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Will Culpepper come back and succeed? Depends on if he can get some protection.

That's not an issue. I'm told Dunsay was carrying plenty of protection on that boat.:lol:

finsrclowns
03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
..IM EXCITED

And stupid. Now push the caps lock button again and someone might actually bother reading your post.:lol:

Mike13
03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
That's not an issue. I'm told Dunsay was carrying plenty of protection on that boat.:lol:

You are a failed stand up comedian am I right?

And stupid. Now push the caps lock button again and someone might actually bother reading your post.:lol:

OK for once I agree with you, my eyes are bleeding

like2god
03-07-2007, 03:25 PM
1 (http://cdn.channel.aol.com/_media/dic_sound/youre01w.mp3)

2 (http://cdn.channel.aol.com/_media/dic_sound/a0000001.mp3)

3 (http://cdn.channel.aol.com/_media/dic_sound/******07.mp3)

4 (http://cdn.channel.aol.com/_media/dic_sound/cocksu01.mp3)

:lol: