PDA

View Full Version : Warhawk Hands-on

Motion
03-08-2007, 11:38 AM
March 6, 2007 - In 1996, Singletrac and Sony Computer Entertainment released Warhawk (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748468.html), a visceral flight action game that pitted pilots against various air and ground enemies in six dangerous zones. PlayStation fans were thrilled to hear that Incognito Inc. was bringing the action of the title to the PS3, and were awed to see hundreds of enemy fighters and battlecruisers swarming the skies within the released trailers. At last year's E3, the game was demoed at Sony's press conference as the demonstration of the Sixaxis controller. At the time, the game was promised to have a deep single-player experience following a pilot attempting to liberate his homeland from invaders, as well as a large multiplayer component that supported up to 32 players. However, with the exception of an appearance at last year's TGS, Sony and Incognito kept the game tightly under wraps, spawning numerous rumors on the Web. We recently were invited to a Warhawk event by Sony and Incognito, who wanted to set the record straight on the game, as well as give us a hands-on impression of the title.

After last year's E3 demo, many people assumed that you'd be forced into constantly using the motion sensitivity controls to interact with the various vehicles in the game. Dylan Jobe, the producer/director of Warhawk, made sure that was one of the first rumors that he put to rest. "We're well aware of the fact that, in many respects, Warhawk is an ambassador for the Sixaxis controller. It's very well suited for flying the ship. It's well suited for driving the vehicles on the ground. But one thing I've said before and I'll say it again: we're not going to force use of the Sixaxis controller on the player." Jobe pointed out that there were a number of settings and models that players would be able to use within the game to tailor a player's controls to what works for them.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/770/770561p1.html

mor911
03-08-2007, 11:42 AM
But one thing I've said before and I'll say it again: we're not going to force use of the Sixaxis controller on the player." Jobe pointed out that there were a number of settings and models that players would be able to use within the game to tailor a player's controls to what works for them.see, that's what I don't like about the Wii. You are forced to use that damn thing and look like an idiot. Seriously though, Warhawk was one of my favorite games on PS1. WAY overdue for a sequel.

Motion
03-08-2007, 12:23 PM
see, that's what I don't like about the Wii. You are forced to use that damn thing and look like an idiot. Seriously though, Warhawk was one of my favorite games on PS1. WAY overdue for a sequel.

:yes: And apparently not cancelled, like SOMEONE reported awhile back. :chuckle:

Dolfan5000
03-08-2007, 12:27 PM
:yes: And apparently not cancelled, like SOMEONE reported awhile back. :chuckle:
lol

Phin-o-rama
03-08-2007, 12:30 PM
no I said that it would be limited to a download as they slashed away most of the game...which they did....they removed the single player portion of it.

and if I did say it was cancelled it was because I had a link to an article stating that....I don't make things up :)

Phin-o-rama
03-08-2007, 12:33 PM
o look what i found

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1061727757&postcount=9

mor911
03-08-2007, 12:36 PM
o look what i found

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1061727757&postcount=9
I've had it with your lying and imformation falsification!!!! :lol: :sidelol:

I remember when that article came out. Kinda made me say "wtf". Warhawk is one of their stronger IPs imo.

Phin-o-rama
03-08-2007, 12:38 PM
:(

can i at least play your ps3 :(

mor911
03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
:(

can i at least play your ps3 :(i can't even play my PS3... it's still at best buy in a stack with 20-30 of it's brothers. :escape:

Motion
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
no I said that it would be limited to a download as they slashed away most of the game...which they did....they removed the single player portion of it.

and if I did say it was cancelled it was because I had a link to an article stating that....I don't make things up :)

:chuckle: :tongue: