PDA

View Full Version : Guys Mike Tyson Fought This Weekend Are STILL F'd Up

Muck
06-23-2003, 02:47 PM
Sounds like they got what they deserved. When are people gonna learn. :D

Ralph R. Ortega and Tracy Connor
New York Daily News
Jun. 23, 2003 10:20 AM

NEW YORK - Ever wonder what it's like to be on the receiving end of Mike Tyson's fist? Samuel Velez knows.

The rank amateur who allegedly picked a fight with the hotheaded heavyweight was whining Sunday about a pounding headache and a sore noggin.

"He's not good," Velez's ex-girlfriend Jennifer Baez told the New York Daily News. "His face is all bruised up. ... He's really out of it."

Velez, 31, was held on $2,000 bail after he and buddy Nestor Alvarez-Ramos, 24, were charged with harassing and menacing Tyson, who also was arrested in the Saturday morning fisticuffs in Brooklyn.

Prosecutors said the duo hounded the ex-champ for an autograph at the downtown Brooklyn Marriott - then pretended to have a gun when he told them to get lost.

Tyson, who turns 37 next week, floored Velez with a punch and made quick work of Alvarez-Ramos, who threatened him with a metal pole, prosecutors said.

While authorities said Velez and Alvarez-Ramos instigated the confrontation, the two men gave a different account.

Baez, who spoke with Velez by phone after his arraignment, said her companion denied provoking Tyson. "He said Mike just went crazy and started flailing his hands at everybody," said Baez, 31.

Alvarez-Ramos was sprung after the arraignment, but Velez was held because he has at least one outstanding warrant, prosecutors said. Officials provided no details, but Velez's lawyers said in court that their client had been in prison from October 2000 until March.

Tyson, who was charged with misdemeanor assault and released on his own recognizance, had no comment.

But those who know the fighter found the incident troubling.

"He's a little confused. He doesn't have the strength to control himself," said Bill Clayton, a former Tyson manager. "He could have been the best fighter of all time. He just didn't have the character to do it."

genx23
06-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Not sure how reliable this is, after all, I heard it on Howard Stern, but apparently these guys were heard in jail saying something to the effect of 'We hit the jackpot' referring to the inevitable civil suit against Tyson...although by this point does Mike even have any money left?

Muck
06-23-2003, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't doubt it.

XoPhinsoX
06-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Mike has money..cmon.

It only takes one solid hit from Tyson WITHOUT gloves especially.

Ultfight
06-23-2003, 05:03 PM
What a bunch of morons... How stupid do you have to be to pick a fight with that crazy mofo?? I have been training no-rules fighting since I was 15 and I sure as heck wouldnt talk junk to him.. Even if he didnt knock me out I would have to at least get a rabies shot :D

Scrap
06-23-2003, 06:21 PM
I don't think those guys on Jackass would be that stupid.

TerryTate
06-23-2003, 11:40 PM
i actually believe that he was instigated....

but i think he should be on a chain at all times with a muzzle on his face still....

DOWN MIKE, DOWN BOY, GOOD BOY!