PDA

View Full Version : WoW Question

Bruzer
03-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I will be picking up world of warcraft either tomorrow or next week depending on how plans workout. I just have a few questions before I start. Phin-o-rama i mean you :cooldude:. (i know you know your wow stuff)

Which class do most guilds look for?

Are any of the classes overpopulated?

Any that I shouldn't waste my time with?

I plan to pvp so which class would you recommend for that?

Also any other comments you may have or any guides to building a character you may have a link to and good tips would all be appreciated. Thank you.

Dolfan984
03-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Well, do you want to take hits, disk out hits, do magic damage, use a pet, or heal?

pick what you like the most and then you'll have a better idea

TheMageGandalf
03-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I will be picking up world of warcraft either tomorrow or next week depending on how plans workout. I just have a few questions before I start. Phin-o-rama i mean you :cooldude:. (i know you know your wow stuff)

Which class do most guilds look for?

Are any of the classes overpopulated?

Any that I shouldn't waste my time with?

I plan to pvp so which class would you recommend for that?

Also any other comments you may have or any guides to building a character you may have a link to and good tips would all be appreciated. Thank you.

Heres a few links:

http://www.thottbot.com/

http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/

http://wow.tentonhammer.com/index.php?meid=20

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/?sid=1

finattic79
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I've been playing MMO's for some time, and been raiding for alot of it as well. If there is any one class that there is almost always 100% need for is a healer. So in wow that would be Druid/Priest/Shaman/Pally. If your just starting starting a Horde Pally or Alliance Shaman since those are 2 classes there aren't alot of right now since they were just opened to each side.

P.S- Horde Rules!!!!

DonShula84
03-09-2007, 08:34 PM
It all depends on which server you play on for which class is needed. If you're more pvp hunters are a lot of fun, though guilds usually dont need a lot of them. Id look at a couple guild web pages for the server you're going to be playing on and see if they all need a particular class. But I'd play the type of character you think you'd enjoy over what a guild would want to be honest because you'll be able to find a guild with any class. A top guild wont let you in no matter what class you are early anyway because they can always find someone with better gear to fill the need.

Bruzer
03-09-2007, 11:06 PM
I like dishing the hits more than anything on other mmos I have played a healer/buffer and it wasn't bad but thanks for you guys help it does give me a few ideas I was gonna get it tomorrow but I got my wii so I will be getting it next week. Thanks for help I got a idea what to go for. Reason I asked I have played some other mmo's and wasted time on a class that no guild wanted and it sucked.

Phinz420
03-10-2007, 02:17 AM
I like dishing the hits more than anything on other mmos I have played a healer/buffer and it wasn't bad but thanks for you guys help it does give me a few ideas I was gonna get it tomorrow but I got my wii so I will be getting it next week. Thanks for help I got a idea what to go for. Reason I asked I have played some other mmo's and wasted time on a class that no guild wanted and it sucked.

Thats generally not much of an issue in WoW. There just arent many classes in total to choose from in the first place and each class offers their own unique style of play.

Though there arent many classes to choose from, there is a little bit of depth in "character builds", which are just talent points that you accumulate through gaining levels. You can spend the talent points into various different areas that allow you to specialize(spec) your character to excel at whatever it is you choose. You can reassign these points later on even if you do pick the wrong talent pools, it just gradually costs more money to do so with each retrain.

If you are looking for a DPS class, you then need to ask yourself how "squishy" you want to be(how good at defense do you want to be?). If you dont care at all about defensive capabilities, you could just go Mage. They don't offer any true defense, but have some nifty spells that keep you alive. Such as turning enemies into Sheep for a duration & slowing enemy's run speed.

Warlocks are the caster class that relies on Pets. Similar to Necromancers in other MMOs. I can't really comment too heavy on Lock capabilities myself. But I have heard testaments that they are a lot of fun after the early levels.

Rogues are pretty awesome in pvp. They arent nearly as close as squishy as Mages, but flat out unload the damage. Stealth & Incapacitate(annoying stun) is always nice too.

Hunters are great as well, they offer some nice utility and in 1 on 1, a Hunter should win a lot once you learn the class and get some decent upgrades.

WestCKoastiN
03-10-2007, 04:06 AM
when i was playing Warrior class was over uses..

DeathStar
03-10-2007, 04:26 AM
all i have to say is **** the horde.

Phin-o-rama
03-10-2007, 10:47 AM
QQmore care bear

mor911
03-10-2007, 12:22 PM
I've been playing MMO's for some time, and been raiding for alot of it as well. If there is any one class that there is almost always 100% need for is a healer. So in wow that would be Druid/Priest/Shaman/Pally. If your just starting starting a Horde Pally or Alliance Shaman since those are 2 classes there aren't alot of right now since they were just opened to each side.

P.S- Horde Rules!!!!i second that notion.

finattic79
03-10-2007, 06:56 PM
i second that notion.

You still on Garona? I moved to Thrall a few months ago.