PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 game based on TV's "The Shield"

CharlestonPhan
03-09-2007, 07:14 PM
about a month til the season premiere, and i was poking around FXnetworks.com and The Shields website last night and found a link to a PS2 game and a PC game.

anyone got any details on it? i am kind of imagining gameplay along the lines of GTA.

AirMarino83
03-09-2007, 09:20 PM
i read in a gameinformer that the game blows pretty hard... i think it got a 4/10. doesnt surprise me... its probably just to make a quick buck off of the name of the show (which i like very much).

CharlestonPhan
03-09-2007, 11:12 PM
yikes... thats what i was afraid of. i am wondering if it is a FPS or what?

Agent51
03-10-2007, 02:41 PM
yikes... thats what i was afraid of. i am wondering if it is a FPS or what?

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/757/757775p1.html

Got a 2.2 at IGN. They are always either too hard or too easy on a game, but that, combined with what I read in the Game INformer review pretty much confirms it's crap.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/03/theshield20070123041702778-1.jpg (http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/664/664144/image_frame.html?image_id=2&screenshot_id=4278000)

Looks like a 3rd person shooter to me (with PS ONE graphics)

JPhinfan86
03-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Man O' Man - WHY do they think that because it's a T.V. show it has to become a freakin' game? C.S.I., 24, and Alias are all great examples of horrible examples. The problem with this idea is that the creators focus simply on creating A game - not a GOOD game. They're seen strictly as marketing tools and not much beyond a name and a few faces is ever planned out. I will step forward now and say this game will suck - hard. :shakeno: I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see "Lost" the game --not one bit. Not because it's a good idea but rather because the show has experienced recent popularity.

For example:

"24" recieved a rating of 63.9% on average.
Alias recieved a rating of 61.3%
The original CSI (and all of its sequels on all consoles) has recieved an average rating of 60%
CSI Miami has recieved a rating of 57.1%

TOTAL AVERAGE RATING FOR THESE TITLES: 60.6%

I may be forgetting other T.V. videogames but I'd be willing to bet any you can think of ended up sucking butt.

JPhinfan86
03-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Well - unfortunately I was more correct than I realized (I PROMISE that was dead guess at "Lost" being a game soon).

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Entertainment/story?id=1982147&page=1

It also came to mind, just to further my point that two other games to go from T.V. to game that have sucked mud:

Starsky & Hutch across all consoles: 62.1%

Dukes of Hazzard - ALL games ever created for consoles (back to PSone): 49.6%

Agent51
03-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Man O' Man - WHY do they think that because it's a T.V. show it has to become a freakin' game? C.S.I., 24, and Alias are all great examples of horrible examples. The problem with this idea is that the creators focus simply on creating A game - not a GOOD game. They're seen strictly as marketing tools and not much beyond a name and a few faces is ever planned out. I will step forward now and say this game will suck - hard. :shakeno: I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see "Lost" the game --not one bit. Not because it's a good idea but rather because the show has experienced recent popularity.

For example:

"24" recieved a rating of 63.9% on average.
Alias recieved a rating of 61.3%
The original CSI (and all of its sequels on all consoles) has recieved an average rating of 60%
CSI Miami has recieved a rating of 57.1%

TOTAL AVERAGE RATING FOR THESE TITLES: 60.6%

I may be forgetting other T.V. videogames but I'd be willing to bet any you can think of ended up sucking butt.

I actually liked the CSI games. I think the CSI: Vegas ones were much better, but the Miami one I played wasn't that bad. In fact, they are the only PC games I play (great for long flights or boat trips during surf travels). I wasn't expecting them to be as riveting as the actual TV shows though, so maybe that's why I liked them. I was expecting exactly what they were, point-and-click mystery games with licensed names and characters and voice talent.

I don't watch Alias or 24, but have seen the games and they look crappy, lol. Didn't Buffy the Vampire Slayer get made into a game too? I remember my friend being obsessed with the show and having the game, it was for XBox I believe.

That Lost game might end up being the WORST TV Show-to-videogame EVER. I can't even imagine how they would make that fun. Do you just walk around the island trying not to get eaten by a Polar Bear or killed by the Smoke Monster or captured by the Others? By the way, off-topic, but what the hell ever happened to the damn Polar Bears and Smoke Monster? They just STOPPED being included in the story.

JPhinfan86
03-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Really? Wow - I disliked the CSI game for one reason. Example: You go to a crime scene with five tools and need to assess a particular item like a sink. ALL you have to do is try each item until you find the correct one because it doesn't penalize you for being wrong or require you to do anymore than select its use. It was nothing more than trial and error repeated alot of times lol.

Agent51
03-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Really? Wow - I disliked the CSI game for one reason. Example: You go to a crime scene with five tools and need to assess a particular item like a sink. ALL you have to do is try each item until you find the correct one because it doesn't penalize you for being wrong or require you to do anymore than select its use. It was nothing more than trial and error repeated alot of times lol.

True, but they remind me of those point and click games online where you are trapped in a room or something and have to escape. Basically all you do is click around to find objects, figure out what you might use/combine them for, then click around some more til you find where they work, lol. I enjoy those games when bored. I guess they could eb harder/give you penalties, but you CAN still mess up. For example, in the CSI Miami one I interviewed people in the wrong order and collected eveidence in the wrong order once (or so I found out later) and I couldn't progress any further. I couldn't get a warrant because I didn't talk to someone yet, but the person wasn't there when I went there, and there was NOTHING else for me to do. I finally got pissed and read the walkthrough and turns out I was supposed to ask someone about a piece I found, then they gave me a clue as to where more evidence might be, and when I found that I was supposed to get the warrant and talk to someone else. Well, since I just collected all the evidence I found then interviewed the person and I didn't have the other item, it went different and the person left. I had to start the mission over.

Like I said, I enjoy them for the long plane rides and stuff, they are really easy to play on a laptop plus there isn't a lot of tapping the keys or clicking the mouse like other games (like FPS or sports etc) have so it doesn't annoy the people around you. You can just do the "double tap on the scroll pad for a mouse click" trick, lol.

JPhinfan86
03-15-2007, 05:00 AM
For example, in the CSI Miami one I interviewed people in the wrong order and collected eveidence in the wrong order once (or so I found out later) and I couldn't progress any further. I couldn't get a warrant because I didn't talk to someone yet, but the person wasn't there when I went there, and there was NOTHING else for me to do. I finally got pissed and read the walkthrough and turns out I was supposed to ask someone about a piece I found, then they gave me a clue as to where more evidence might be, and when I found that I was supposed to get the warrant and talk to someone else. Well, since I just collected all the evidence I found then interviewed the person and I didn't have the other item, it went different and the person left. I had to start the mission over.
:hmmm: I'll take your word for it! :lol: To each his own - I'm just glad we can agree on Guitar Hero. :rawk:

Agent51
03-15-2007, 01:40 PM
:hmmm: I'll take your word for it! :lol: To each his own - I'm just glad we can agree on Guitar Hero. :rawk:

Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II are the ONLY reasons I still even own a PS2 :lol:.

They get played every single time I have a party/friends over, which is at least 4 times a week.

I haven't used Score Hero since last time I posted scores here though, I forgot about it til right now actually.

JPhinfan86
03-16-2007, 04:41 AM
I haven't used Score Hero since last time I posted scores here though, I forgot about it til right now actually.

Same here - I began to feel very quickly that maybe some of those people were putting random highs scores in. At some point certain scores and percentages just weren't matching up.