PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Wii Encounter

Motion
03-12-2007, 01:47 PM
So at first I was very skeptical of the Wii and its gimmick controller. Thought it was directed mainly at the younger crowd or older crowd and not the general 18-35 age range.

Well after my first experience at length with the Wii this weekend I must say I was completely surprised and couldn't be more wrong. I loved the thing. Played for a couple hours at a friend's house. Granted, I only played Wii Sports but had a blast doing so. Not sure how it would translate to more traditional games but I must admit I would really like to have one. My fiancee loved it as well, which really helps. BTW, I'm unstoppable in Boxing and Tennis :chuckle:

My dilema is, spend $300 on a Wii that could be spent on a PS3 or 360?

I am Next Gen System-less at the moment, and would love to have all 3 at some point. PS3 is at the top of my list but I'm holding out for a larger game library. The 360's biggest draw for me is Forza 2 which is still 2 months away. The Wii has the whole price point going for it, plus I'm not alone in wanting one. :d

Decisions, Decisions........

Phin-o-rama
03-12-2007, 01:53 PM
honestly....get a ps3 or 360 (there i said it)

the wii is cool, but it is not a main gaming system. there is a drought of any games right now, and sometimes that controller is difficult sometimes...liek red steel i played that for 5 minutes then turned it off .

the wii is cool in its own right, but at 250 its expensive when you think about you could buy a 360 core for 300, which absolutely ****s all over the wii game library wise, and graphics wise...

just my 2 cents...

Motion
03-12-2007, 02:10 PM

the wii is cool, but it is not a main gaming system. there is a drought of any games right now, and sometimes that controller is difficult sometimes...liek red steel i played that for 5 minutes then turned it off .

the wii is cool in its own right, but at 250 its expensive when you think about you could buy a 360 core for 300, which absolutely ****s all over the wii game library wise, and graphics wise...

just my 2 cents...

:yes: I definitely see where your coming from.

mor911
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I agree with Phin. I have a Wii and a 360. I could live without the Wii (probably easier than most). I need my 360. The 360 is a game console that supplies just that, good games. The Wii is a motion controlled party console. Besides Zelda, there are no deep game experiences. Just half-assed motion games (Red Steel, Madden) that are there just to bank off of the technology.

PS3 or 360 as real console... Wii as a supplement.

imo of course

Motion
03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I agree with Phin. I have a Wii and a 360. I could live without the Wii (probably easier than most). I need my 360. The 360 is a game console that supplies just that, good games. The Wii is a motion controlled party console. Besides Zelda, there are no deep game experiences. Just half-assed motion games (Red Steel, Madden) that are there just to bank off of the technology.

imo of course

:hi5: Thanks for the input Mor, I'm definitely leaning that way.

rob19
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I agree with the Mor... its the same deal with me... I own a 360 and a Wii.. the Wii is really cool and all but not a main heavy duty console, You want either a 360 or a PS3, then a Wii.

Im currently saving up for a PS3.. i already own a 360 and a Wii...

Phin-o-rama
03-12-2007, 06:11 PM

imo of course

is madden on the wii worth a rent? i use gameznflix.com so im always looking for games to rent....

elebits was kind of addicting for the wii, and smackdown vs raw on the 360 pissed me off cuz i couldn't be hulk hogan right away, and i have to unlock everything by actually winning matches (wtf)...eheh gimme cheat codes or gimme death!!!

Bruzer
03-12-2007, 07:23 PM
I got my wii this weekend I seen it so I just had to buy it since I had zelda (which by the way i love). I plan to get 360 in before mass effect is out.

Get Up And Go
03-12-2007, 07:35 PM

just my 2 cents...

Don't hate on the wii cuz of game Library. the 360 has a good year more experience. BTW ya gotta give Red Steel a chance. It gets better.

mor911
03-12-2007, 07:51 PM
is madden on the wii worth a rent? i use gameznflix.com so im always looking for games to rent....

elebits was kind of addicting for the wii, and smackdown vs raw on the 360 pissed me off cuz i couldn't be hulk hogan right away, and i have to unlock everything by actually winning matches (wtf)...eheh gimme cheat codes or gimme death!!!I'd say no, but others will disagree. It's one of the most dysfunctional football games ever.

Get Up And Go
03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
I'd say no, but others will disagree. It's one of the most dysfunctional football games ever.

Nothing wrong with renting it. Might as well get your money's worth.